• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
idk, I can't truly see it game-changing, not even countering properly, I'd rather keep using D.D.Crows /silly

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
But that's what I don't get. I thought overlay units weren't considered to be "cards", or at the least they aren't considered "cards on the field".

.-.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yugimons is pretty good. It upsets me when they purposefully print broken cards into a format and then ban or limit it a few months later. Ruins the metagame almost every format.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm fairly sure we'll see Rescue Rabbit somewhere on the next banlist.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yugimons is pretty good. It upsets me when they purposefully print broken cards into a format and then ban or limit it a few months later. Ruins the metagame almost every format.
Yu-Gi-Oh! is a bad game. Especially in this format where I see a ton more of luck then skill.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
You guys are crazy. Magic's average turns to win has to be like 8-10 Turns, Yu-Gi-Oh!'s average has to be like 3-5 Turns with crazy busted cards in the game. Honestly, its whoever goes first and has Dustshoot. That already there is showing how much the game is luck based and also how going first is pretty much a +1 or more.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yea, you're right I take it back about Dustshoot. Its all about winning the die roll. And I know every game has luck, just Yu-Gi-Oh! stands out the most.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Yugioh decks are mostly built to minimize luck as much as possible. Rather than hoping for one really broken lucky play decks revolve more around multiple cards that allow you to get that play no matter what. To that end there's only really bad luck in YuGiOh rather than good as the norm will be to draw into an average hand that will allow you to get your play, where as when luck comes into the equation you'll draw into only useless cards.

Vyke

Smash Champion
YuGiOh doesn't have a resource factor built into it's game as the other games do. Games tend to move faster because of this.

I have seen Vintage Magic. I don't think YuGiOh is committing any crimes compared.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
But I see it as more of a problem in yugioh. I recently started playing the pokemon tcg and so far I don't know of a top deck that would cost more than maybe $200-300. A single Tour Guide is around $170 so for a playset alone that's something like $450-500.

Imo that's a pretty big gap.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I don't know much about price (since I just dabble on DN) and I always see people bring up Tour guide or Rescue Rabbit

Are they really parts of the best deck(s) now? I don't remember hearing anyone mention the price of other cards in top tier decks.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
If you don't have Tour Guide, the only competitive deck you can really only play is Kakakuri. Tour Guide defines this format.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Secret Village of The Spellcasters + Royal Decree + Relinquished summoned /w Djinn Releaser of Rituals = GG

Unless they can normal summon a double-attacker over the current attack of Relinquished. Or use Lyla to pop Secret Village. :/

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
No, setting a field spell while an opponent's field spell is active does not destroy it. Your field spell must activate and resolve successfully to destroy an opponent's field spell.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
At least, that used to happen in earlier videogames... Even some Konami rulings like Morphtronic Map and Gear Town said that "in the even a field card is set by the opponent, the card is not destroyed at all and the effect of summoning a monster after their destruction does not resolve"
If ruling was changed (again), I stand corrected.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Yes, setting a field spell would work. Check your rule-books, everyone...

What deck runs a field spell that you should care about? Malefics? Fine, insert Dark Simorgh.

Relinquished got more popular because Tour Guide happened. The lockdown I posted is not standard of the deck, though.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I mean, most people probably really didn't jump to "Tour Guide... ? RELINQUISHED!"

naw what I mean? Djinn Releaser of Rituals just happens to be 3 stars and a fiend. :o

Vyke

Smash Champion
It would be if there weren't so many outs to it in the form of Kycoo and other popular spellcasters these days.

Top Bottom