• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your top ten list in Brawl+

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Every time I come to the workshop I hear people saying "X is great, definitely top tier/top 10", but when you look at the list of characters this this has been said for it's way more than 10. The point of this thread is to get everyone's opinions out there.

This is NOT TIER LIST DISCUSSION!!! It is just a place to state your opinion on who you think are the ten best characters in Brawl+.

Try not to flame people over their opinion (opinions can't be wrong mind you), but you can tell them why in your opinion X character should be on the list and not Y character. Along with your post feel free to explain why certain characters (or all the character you put down if your making a huge post) deserve to be on the top ten. The lists do not have to be in order either.

I will begin with my top ten list (Not in order):
1. Kirby
2. Luigi
3. MK
4. Squirtle
5. Diddy
6. Marth
7. Fox
8. Lucas
9. Falco
10. Captain Falcon

Edit: I'm going to start counting how many times each character appears on a top ten list( I may count wrong so if you don't think any of these are accurate check and tell me if they aren't). If the list has less than 10 people I'm not counting it.

Out of 50 (remember some people might just forget characters)....
Marth: 50
MK: 48
Fox: 44
Squirtle: 40
Luigi: 34
Kirby: 34
Sheik/Zelda: 30
Falco: 29
Olimar: 22
Captain Falcon: 21
ZSS: 17
Lucario: 15
Pikachu: 14
Diddy: 14
Snake: 13
Peach: 11
Wario: 9
G&W: 6
Wolf: 5
Sonic: 5
R.O.B.: 5
Ivysaur: 4
DK: 4
Toon Link: 4
Lucas: 4
Ike: 4
Pit: 3
Mario: 3
Jigglypuff: 2
Charizard: 2
DDD: 2
PT: 1
Samus: 1
Link: 1
Ganondorf: 1

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Your list looks good, I dont know about Kirby, maybe there should be Peach or Wolf... but nevertheless its a pretty accurate list.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Your list is indeed accurate, but I've some few disagreements.
IMO in no order:

Marth, Fox, MK, Kirby, Peach, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Sheik, maybe Squirtle or Luigi.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Peach was one of the characters that I considered but decided that she was probably just a bit after the top ten, same thing with Lucario and Sheik.

The only characters I'm not completely sure should be there are Lucas and Captain Falcon. CF is kind of overrated but good nonetheless and with Lucas it is hard for me to know if I'm just being biased as I main Lucas.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
In no order, I say:

Squrtle (Knight)
Fox
Marth
Kirby
Lucario
Falcon
Ivysaur
Zero Suit Samus
Meta Knight
Donkey Kong

The last two may change given more B+ experience, but everyone on that list ***** harder than hell.

Squirtle, Fox, and Marth seems like a general consensus thus far.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
no order.

lucario
mk
ganondorf
capt falcon
squirtle
marth
falco
fox
luigi
ivysaur

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I did not place him on mine for two reasons
1. He has a much worse recovery now and his campy playstyle is less effective just by the nature of Brawl+
2. I haven't seen him played much in any videos

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I want to get B+ but I can't. <,<
If I would ever get B+ this is who I would main:

Sheik
oh.. and the SHeik would be green...

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I think it is too early to decide the order (and most people seem to agree because none of these have a solid order) but in my experience:

MK
Kirby
Squirtle
Marth
Wario
Luigi
Fox
Sheik
Snake
Olimar

It was hard to decide between Olimar or Falco. IMO Olimar has the stronger overall game and a trash recovery, where as Falco has a more manageable recovery while weaker game. I also just like Olimar more, being a massive Pikmin fan (and really hoping Nintendo announces Pikmin 3 tomorrow at E3)

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I think it is too early to decide the order (and most people seem to agree because none of these have a solid order)
That's why its just a discussion thread.

Right now I'm asking myself if I should replace Lucas on my list with Olimar (or maybe peach, lucario, or sheik).

Anyone have any reasons Lucas SHOULDN'T be on the top 10 list?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
That's why its just a discussion thread.

Right now I'm asking myself if I should replace Lucas on my list with Olimar (or maybe peach, lucario, or sheik).

Anyone have any reasons Lucas SHOULDN'T be on the top 10 list?
Even though PKT2 is safer then Ness's he still hangs out there for a long time. I also find him easy to combo and not very heavy.

Personally, I think this would be better if it was people's top 5s. I'm interested to see if the reoccurring characters I'm seeing will place in people's top 5s.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Squirtleknight
Metaknight
Luigi
Zero suit samus
Fox
Marth
Kirbeh
Olimar
Pikachu
Mario

and toon link for bottom tier in brawl +.

Revven

FrankerZ
My order:

MK
Kirby
Marth
Fox
Luigi
Squirtle
Sheik
ZSS (although she doesn't feel like she's top 10 IMO)
DK
Snake

Reason I put Snake there is for two reasons:

1) Extremely underrated, nobody plays as him enough to know how amazing he is onstage.
2) If you know how to use him right, he is a beast despite his weaknesses. He can also still match up to MK, much better than he could before IMO and he actually HAS somewhat of an air game now. Example: Nair combos like Utilt > Nair or Uthrow > Uair > Uair.

But, that's me.

D

Deleted member

well since everybody is putting a list here:
(no order btw)

MK
kirby
fox
marth
diddy
ZSS
squirtle
luigi
olimar
lucario (yes, altough lower end of it)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Shiek
Diddy
Metaknight
Marth
Falco
Pikachu
Squirtle
ZSS
Falcon
Fox

Off the top of my head, can't say I'm sold on some of them though.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Roy

MK
Kirby
Squirtle
Marth
Fox
Luigi
Olimar
Diddy
Pikachu
Falcon

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
In approximate order:

MK
Marth
Olimar
Fox
Kirby
Squirtle
ZSS
Lucario
Luigi
ROB

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
well everyone else is doing it soooo.......

Marth
MK
Fox
Falco
Squirtle
jigglypuff
Luigi
Lolimar
Sheik
Captain Falcon??

no order.
and while Lucas is one of my favorite characters, i dont think he's top 10 material. Not because he sucks, but because i think other people deserve to be higher than him

Roxas215

Smash Lord
In no order, I say:

Squrtle (Knight)
Fox
Marth
Kirby
Lucario
Falcon
Ivysaur
Zero Suit Samus
Meta Knight
Donkey Kong

The last two may change given more B+ experience, but everyone on that list ***** harder than hell.

Squirtle, Fox, and Marth seems like a general consensus thus far.
No way is ivy top 10. People need to understand you can jab her leaves and can di out of dthrow. Doing this ivy has no other setups besides razor leaf to fsmash and now with the razor leaf being nerfed it's even harder to land. Charizard is better then ivy and he is not top 10 either.

I'll list top 5 imo in order
1.Fox/Squirtle
3.Marth
4.Shiek
5.Metaknight

6-10 in no order
Olimar,Zss,Kirby,Lucario, Luigi/Wolf(I can't pick between Luigi or wolf)(Wolf is REALLY GOOD)

I think peach barely misses top 10. I say she around 12-14. She is still crazy good though.

I also don't think falcon is top 10. I been playing online with a good falcon player and he taught me some things on how to beat him. Remember falcon HAS TO APPROACH. So if you have a projectile(Which more then half the cast do) You will always land damage while he is approaching. Also his best approach is sh nair which most chars can utilt through. Also stay from him. If he does land a grab he has to go across the whole stage before he can land the knee in which you have ample time to di out of it. I think since falcon is indeed playable again people overhyped him but once the metagame of brawl+ really flourishes i honestly expect falcon to be one of the worst chars yet again.

Of course playing someone who has no idea how falcon works in brawl+ Falcon does indeed seem godly.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
No order:

Meta Knight
Marth
Fox
Diddy
Squirtle
Luigi
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Sheik
Peach

I'd think that Peach would be #10. She barely makes it imo. Still, I don't feel like I've had enough experience in brawl+ (like I have in regular brawl and melee) to say for sure what my opinion is. Theres my list though.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
No way is ivy top 10. People need to understand you can jab her leaves and can di out of dthrow. Doing this ivy has no other setups besides razor leaf to fsmash and now with the razor leaf being nerfed it's even harder to land. Charizard is better then ivy and he is not top 10 either.

I'll list top 5 imo in order
1.Fox/Squirtle
3.Marth
4.Shiek
5.Metaknight

6-10 in no order
Olimar,Zss,Kirby,Lucario, Luigi/Wolf(I can't pick between Luigi or wolf)(Wolf is REALLY GOOD)

I think peach barely misses top 10. I say she around 12-14. She is still crazy good though.

I also don't think falcon is top 10. I been playing online with a good falcon player and he taught me some things on how to beat him. Remember falcon HAS TO APPROACH. So if you have a projectile(Which more then half the cast do) You will always land damage while he is approaching. Also his best approach is sh nair which most chars can utilt through. Also stay from him. If he does land a grab he has to go across the whole stage before he can land the knee in which you have ample time to di out of it. I think since falcon is indeed playable again people overhyped him but once the metagame of brawl+ really flourishes i honestly expect falcon to be one of the worst chars yet again.

Of course playing someone who has no idea how falcon works in brawl+ Falcon does indeed seem godly.
I swear you disagree with me just for the sake of disagreeing with me.

And what's the point of B+ online? It sounds like it's worse than regular Brawl due to the timing needed for combos, teching, and other intricacies(sp).

Sorry for going off topic...

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I swear you disagree with me just for the sake of disagreeing with me.

And what's the point of B+ online? It sounds like it's worse than regular Brawl due to the timing needed for combos, teching, and other intricacies(sp).

Sorry for going off topic...
Why would i disagree with u just do disagree with u? Look at my past posts. I clearly explain why ivy is not nearly as good as you or most of the people think she is.

And i never claimed b+ online was good or anything. Brawl has the worst online service ever. Everyone knows that. But didn't you yourself tell me brawl online is good for matchup experience? Thats exactly what i posted. You act like when i disagree with you(or anyone else for that matter) I just say "Your wrong im right" And thats it. Like i don't clearly explain my reasons.

Lmao your not including Jigglypuff with rest....
I honestly forgot all about puff. After seeing the puffster **** yes with her while being his very 1st time playing the game proves she is a monster in the game.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
No order:

Meta Knight
Marth
Fox
Diddy
Squirtle
Luigi
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Sheik
Peach

I'd think that Peach would be #10. She barely makes it imo. Still, I don't feel like I've had enough experience in brawl+ (like I have in regular brawl and melee) to say for sure what my opinion is. Theres my list though.
You think peach is better then zss?

I really want peach in top 10 but i just don't think she is. However i would love people to prove me wrong. Im always willing to learn more about peach in vbrawl or brawl+

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
You think peach is better then zss?

I really want peach in top 10 but i just don't think she is. However i would love people to prove me wrong. Im always willing to learn more about peach in vbrawl or brawl+
Better than ZSS? From my experience I'd say they're very close. It just seems match-up wise I find Peach to be very capable.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I don't really have a top 10, but these are the ones that stick out when I play them. It might just be who I'm good with, though, because I haven't played any really good people in B+ yet.

Jiggs (don't eat me alex lol)
Marth
Metaknight
Fox
Sheik
Squirtle
Peach

Also, I've been wondering. Isn't it a big goal of B+ to not have a tier list/separation at all?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I don't really have a top 10, but these are the ones that stick out when I play them. It might just be who I'm good with, though, because I haven't played any really good people in B+ yet.

Jiggs (don't eat me alex lol)
Marth
Metaknight
Fox
Sheik
Squirtle
Peach

Also, I've been wondering. Isn't it a big goal of B+ to not have a tier list/separation at all?
No, there will always be a tier list, the goal is to make every character tournament viable.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
You can get Homebrew on 4.0 now you know, but don't talk about it on this thread.
*I am knowledgeable on how SWF, MLG and Nintendo aren't exactly at terms when it comes to B+.

IDK how to get it to work and no one is able to help due to what I said above.
"This is a communist world." -_-

Top Bottom