• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your top ten list in Brawl+

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle
Lucario
Olimar
Sheik
Snake
Metaknight
Fox
ZSS
Marth
Kirby or Luigi or Wario, probably Luigi.

That is all. :|

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
groups not in order

A - Metaknight, Marth.
B - Wario, Olimar, Fox, Shiek, Pikachu
C - Kirby, ROB, Snake,

very rough

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Top 10 (no order)
Marth
Fox
Sheik
Falco
Peach
Squirtle
Kirby
Pikachu
Luigi
MK

lol @ melee top tier. But yeah, Marth's range/power is a threat as always. Fox and Sheik are combo beasts. Falco retains an amazing control game and is now also a decent combo-er. Peach barely makes the list, but she defintely has good combos with instant float + no lag on aerials. Squirtle, Kirby, Pikachu, and Luigi are all crazy combo beasts with better than average recoveries. MK is still just amazing.

I think ZSS almost beats out Peach, but is just short. Her u-air is so sick and dthrow is amazing if you can land a grab.

Personally, I think a top 5 and bottom 5 would be more interesting, and helpful to those looking to balance the game. In that case I would have to say

Top 5 (no order):
Marth
Kirby
Squirtle
Shiek
MK

Bottom 5 (no order):
Bowser
Yoshi
Ness
Ivysaur
Snake

The tops I already mentioned above. As for the Bottom 5: Bowser is just too easy to juggle and has a blind spot underneath him. This combination is just sad for him. Yoshi has some combos, but he also has difficulty approaching AND is not too good at camping, so I'm not really sure what he should do. Ness still has his recovery and piss poor range. Ivysaur is still too easy to gimp and has very few effective strategies after you learn how to DI a bit. Snake just feels bad to me, with his tendancy to get combo'd and poor recovery.

I haven't really met any dedicated players of these characters though, so i could be wrong, but that is my opinion at the moment.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Oh this looks fun:

Currently the order could probably somewhere around the range of:

Squirtle
Meta Knight
Fox
Wario
Marth
Sheik/Zelda (most legitimate vBrawl combo, so naturally with moar hitstun they would be better. <___<)
Olimar or Diddy Kong
Luigi
Zero Suit or Falco
Lucario or Snake

Having roughly 1/4 of the cast being considered very good by a good number of the B+ regs...is pretty good imo, at least in comparison to the overall thoughts on character balance in previous Smash installments.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
1. Mario
2. Mario
3. Mario
4. Mario
5. Mario
6. Mario
7. Mario
8. Mario
9. Mario
10. Luigi

Rouenne

Smash Apprentice
In no order:

- Link
- Marth
- Meta
- Zamus
- Mario
- Peach
- Luigi
- Falcon
- Ganon

Roxas215

Smash Lord
About the peach zss thing. I play both and my peach is 10x better then my zss in brawl+ however i've seen good zss and the things she can do is crazy. If we were to talk just about combo ability she would be top 5. Also remember she still has her items and with hitstun it's very easy to land a quick ko early.

Snake is really weird to me. I don't think he is top 10 but he is deftinley not bottom 5 either.

I think worse 5 would be?(in no order)
mario
sonic
yoshi
bowser
ness

But seeing how mostly everyone have different opinions on who is the best proves that many of the chars are indeed tournament viable and this fact alone makes me love the game!

cman

Smash Ace
But seeing how mostly everyone have different opinions on who is the best proves that many of the chars are indeed tournament viable and this fact alone makes me love the game!
Go look at the early brawl tier lists and you will see the same thing. Things will very likely smooth out over a bit of time once the game stops changing.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
1. Lucario
2. Luigi
3. MK
4. Squirtle
5. Peach
6. Marth
7. Fox
8. Lucas
9. Falco
10. Captain Falcon

That's my list, also not in order.
-DD

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Kirby
CFalcon
Falco (up tilt is so freakin broke :))
Shiek
Marth
Squirtle Squirt
DIDDY
MK
Phox.
BOOWSER (for the lolz)

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
there are 6 votes total for peach now.

@Phillyrider

anyway, peach vs zss.
I honestly think that overall, Peach right now just barely makes it over zss. Her pressuring abilities are ridiculous and she has NO LAG aerials (literally, her aerials are what push her above imho). I've broken my friend's shield with nairs lol (I've practiced them a lot, even since melee). Sometimes if I do a nair hes just like "what did you even do?" Peach has an extremely safe moveset and she can **** shields as well as punish rolls and spotdodges really really well.

Its honestly hard to tell, and the fact that brawl+ is a changing game means that I may change may opinion on this later. Once the game is finished and is around for a while we will be able to make more well-educated statements on this matter.

Also, I agree with your bottom 5 except for Mario. Imo its (no order):

Bowser
Ness
Sonic
Yoshi
??? (can't even think of anyone who deserves this spot)

I also find Sonic relatively capable

yami_sora

Smash Journeyman
You really think Sonic is in the bottom 5? Really? I think he's improved quite a bit, especially in his air game, his f-smash could still use some more oomph though.l

I would say my top 10 are probably something like this: (not ordered in rank)
1. Luigi
2. Sonic
3. Lucario
4. Marth
5. Diddy
6. Meta Knight
7. Kirby
8. Peach
9. Snake
10.Falco

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Kirby
CFalcon
Falco (up tilt is so freakin broke )
Shiek
Marth
Squirtle Squirt
DIDDY
MK
Phox.
BOOWSER (for the lolz)

no order btw.

Pleather

Smash Cadet
Not ordered (Only numbered for convenience)

1. Pit
2. Diddy
3. Marth (and/or Roy, but last I played as him, Roy ; B+ as MK ; Brawl)
4. Luigi
5. Squirtle
6. Fox
7. Falcon
8. Sheik/Zelda
9. ROB
10. MK

Samus is also even more fun in B+, but I wouldn't quite place her in the top 10 just yet. And squirtle's watergun is more useful than ever with the removal of auto-snap ledges, as is pit's d tilt (both are actually insanely good now). Luigi has a great recovery if he saves a jump, and combos like a boss. (Wow, that wordplay worked out incredibly well.) ROB is just a gimp-o-bot, and MK is still, unfortunately, pretty **** good. I haven't really gotten a chance to see a good ZSS though, and me and my friends all suck with her, and although it's easy to see that she has potential, none of us have ever put anything together, so I decided to leave her out.

Mystic101

Smash Cadet
1. Marth
2. Toon link
3. Zelda is crazy now if you are lucky enough to know a great one
4. Samus(good kill moves good projectiles that kill crazy spike, great damage and combos0.o)
5. Link
6. Meta Knight
7. Luigi
8. Diddy
9. Snake
10.Captain falcon

in no particular order

Mystic101

Smash Cadet
warios a wild card char and no grab realease jsut make him all the more deadly, mayby he should be in there instead of snake or luigi or diddy

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
warios a wild card char and no grab realease jsut make him all the more deadly, mayby he should be in there instead of snake or luigi or diddy
I could name a few other character on your list that would be much more suitable to be replaced.....

EDIT: By the way, my worst 5 would be:
1. Bowser
2. Ness
3. Yoshi
4. ........I can't really think of any more besides those 3 that need lots of work, I would say DDD but people assure me that he is actually good and its just me sucking at him.

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight
Marth
Wario
Kirby
Fox
Diddy Kong
Luigi
Lucario
Pikachu
Squirtle

unordered, well maybe except for the first two :chuckle:

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
You really think Sonic is in the bottom 5? Really? I think he's improved quite a bit, especially in his air game, his f-smash could still use some more oomph though.l

I would say my top 10 are probably something like this: (not ordered in rank)
1. Luigi
2. Sonic
3. Lucario
4. Marth
5. Diddy
6. Meta Knight
7. Kirby
8. Peach
9. Snake
10.Falco
Other people just do things better than Sonic but he'll probably move out of my bottom five soon. I just need to see more of him.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Top 10:

1. Lucario
2. Ivysaur
3. Toon Link
4. Sheik
5. Peach
6. Marth
7. Metaknight
8. Fox
9. Falco
10. Diddy

Not in any order

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
About your bottom five,

mario
sonic
yoshi
bowser
ness
I take issue with that. Mario is definitely gotten buffed a lot in moving to Brawl+. He combo's well, his uptilt is ****. Throw in his bair and uair and you can hit 'em for awhile. His nair comes out fast and has pretty good knockback. He's not extremely light or a very large target, but if you don't DI well, you'll get comboed. His recovery is also not a five-star. His SH fireball is a better projectile than it's given credit for. That's not even touching his best point: his ability to gimp. The cape punishes predictable recoveries hard, and without sweetspotting the ledge, FLUDD becomes that much more useful. Fair is situational, but it feels so good.

Anyway, if you can't tell, Mario's in my personal top 4.

Here's my top ten for B+ though:

In no particular order,

Meta *****
Marth
Charizard
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Falco
Fox
Captain Falcon
Mario

My bottom five in no particular order:

Diddy Kong (His recovery is *****)
Yoshi
Toon Link
Link
King Dedede (this one is conjecture)

I know that Mario is very debatable, but I think he's extremely underrepresented. He's gotten buffs just below that of CF or Sheik. That's an exaggeration. I know he's not been buffed THAT much, but still it's a lot..

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ken combo's back. Nothing else is. It wasn't that ****. She needs the rest of her game. Can someone explain to me why Marth is so high? I still think he's getting the CF overrating thing. Then again, I could be wrong, so please explain it for me.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ken combo's back. Nothing else is. It wasn't that ****. She needs the rest of her game. Can someone explain to me why Marth is so high? I still think he's getting the CF overrating thing. Then again, I could be wrong, so please explain it for me.
lolol

I think Mario is in the middle... He's basically a worse Luigi that is good at edgeguarding.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
This post confuses me.

Like...you couldn't even decide Marth's gender in the post...

Marth is the Meta Knight people actually use because no one likes Meta Knight. And Squirtle Knight has a gun that shoots water.

^ Summary of Brawl+ metagame right here.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, the shield stun on dancing blade is quite ridiculous if you ask me.

edit: unless they altered it fairly recently.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
About your bottom five,

I take issue with that. Mario is definitely gotten buffed a lot in moving to Brawl+. He combo's well, his uptilt is ****. Throw in his bair and uair and you can hit 'em for awhile. His nair comes out fast and has pretty good knockback. He's not extremely light or a very large target, but if you don't DI well, you'll get comboed. His recovery is also not a five-star. His SH fireball is a better projectile than it's given credit for. That's not even touching his best point: his ability to gimp. The cape punishes predictable recoveries hard, and without sweetspotting the ledge, FLUDD becomes that much more useful. Fair is situational, but it feels so good.
I know mario is a combo machine. And personally i enjoy playing with him alot. But mario still has obvious flaws. Even with his combos it will still take him a while to land a kill. HE IS VERY SUSPECT TO COMBOS. He has a relativity easy recovery to gimp.

If it makes u feel better i was debating about mario and a couple other chars to put in the 5th spot. Don't take it the wrong way. Mario is by no means a bad char. But thinking logically who is he better then besides sonic,bowser,ness,and yoshi?? I honestly can't think of anyone else.

Also this is coming from the fact that you DI against mario. The same reason why i think falcon is still going to be low tiered. All of this is coming from a competitive standpoint and is based off the opponent knowing how to fight against said char. To someone who don't knbow how to fight against mario or falcon they both will seemed to be *****(Which is exactly why many people think ivy is so good when in fact she isn't even top 15 espcially with the nerfs she received. Zard is WAY better then ivysaur and i wont even mention squirtleknight!)

Top Bottom