• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reactions to Isabelle in smash ultimate

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well the tradition of reveals is reactions what are you reactions to Isabelle’s confirmed playable and luigified and not a echo

Here’s Etika’s reaction

It’s another Mewtwo in smash 4 level reaction

And as for my reaction I was thrilled she’s not a echo

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
My reaction was a wide grin as I immediately hopped over to Smashboards to watch the Isabelle support thread explode in delight. Seriously, I'm just happy for whoever gets in.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Indifference :/ Like Daisy

Except unlike Daisy indifference, I actually am happy for the Isabelle fans. She's cute in action.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Well, I admittedly was a bit disappointed it wasn’t another heavy hitter like Issac or Geno, I do think it makes perfect sense in retrospect. I’m incredibly happy for her fans, and I know that there’s still a ton more in the future yet to come.

And those of you actively complaining about her and making her supporters feel bad; really? We are getting the ULTIMATE smash game, and you act like the world is over because you didn’t get the exact character you were hoping for? Get off your high horse and get over yourself, just accept that she is still a MASSIVELY popular character and that her inclusion makes perfect sense. Thank you.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
"...is this Smash or Animal Crossing?" I asked myself.

Then when Isabelle mentioned Smash, "Probably Smash."

Then when the letter came, "Almost definitely Smash!"

I was pleasantly surprised by Isabelle's inclusion.

Dan

Smash Lord
Well the tradition of reveals is reactions what are you reactions to Isabelle’s confirmed playable and luigified and not a echo

Here’s Etika’s reaction

It’s another Mewtwo in smash 4 level reaction

And as for my reaction I was thrilled she’s not a echo
I don't want to hate on Etika because he's a good guy and I like him, but he was totally acting in this video. He's punching the clock at this point: why was he going insane and then a second later he's like "I'm not hype hype"; dude was just screaming in the corner.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
I'm pretty excited that Isabelle is playable Smash now, but it's not as a huge a deal or as earth-shattering as Ridley and King K. Rool getting into the game as playable fighters. Needless to say, I'm glad she's in regardless.

Last edited:

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
May as well be honest.

She disappointed me. They didn't reveal her very well, she felt to much like villager which is why I'll argue that she is a semi-clone especially when you compare her to other Ultimate unique fighters reveals that got my heart racing. The mail reveal was done with villager.

Her move set feels disappointing. I haven't played an AC game but I am sure there is more potential in there for a move set.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I recently just got back into Animal Crossing (played Wild World years ago; was addicted) a couple of months ago while I had a kidney stone, and have started to grow fond of Isabelle as a character; tonight was the first time I've gotten to watch one of these directs live, and as soon as the Animal Crossing segment at the end started, I knew what it was and I was pretty happy! It made my day, especially since it's been kind of meh waiting around for Hurricane Florence to hit. I didn't play as Villager much in Smash 4, but I'm excited to potentially look into Isabelle as the first Smash Ultimate newcomer that I feel like I have a personal connection with :)

Dan

Smash Lord
4 minutes left in the Direct... "whatever happens next is the Smash character". Isabelle appears: immediately know she's the next newcomer. Indifferent/disappointed. She was the most likely newcomer at this point; we had to get her out of the way: now it's Shadow, Skull Kid, Isaac and Karate Joe.

The thing that absolutely astounds me is the people who didn't know the second she appeared on screen that she was the next newcomer.

The reveal was very anticlimactic, whether you wanted her or not.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
As an Animal Crossing fan, I am very happy! Isabelle as a new playable fighter in Smash AND an announcement of a new Animal Crossing game for the Switch!!!

I did support Isabelle but not as active as I am with Meowth and Toad... but I am still very happy, especially since she is NOT an Echo Fighter.

Now we need to get Tom Nook in the next Smash! But we need to demand Sakurai to change Villager's and Isabelle's Final Smashes so Tom Nook can get in as a playable fighter!

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
The start of the casual dominance left me with a... whatever deal. I couldn't bring myself to care, as there wasn't a single soul who didn't see her coming (echo or not). The only reason anybody thought she'd be an Echo was because they didn't want to admit she could be unique since it "takes a slot", or more accurately takes dev time and resources away from uniques aside from her in spite of her deserving it. I just didn't care because I don't do simulation games and Animal Crossing isn't my cup of tea.

Dan

Smash Lord
Now we need to get Tom Nook in the next Smash! But we need to demand Sakurai to change Villager's and Isabelle's Final Smashes so Tom Nook can get in as a playable fighter!
I got flak for this in another thread, but Tom Nook appearing at the end of the trailer is very similar to how Dark Pit was teased in Palutena's, and even G&W in Pac-Man's. Probably an Echo.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
4 minutes left in the Direct... "whatever happens next is the Smash character". Isabelle appears: immediately know she's the next newcomer. Indifferent/disappointed. She was the most likely newcomer at this point; we had to get her out of the way: now it's Shadow, Skull Kid, Isaac and Karate Joe.

The thing that absolutely astounds me is the people who didn't know the second she appeared on screen that she was the next newcomer.

The reveal was very anticlimactic, whether you wanted her or not.
Yeah, I had a feeling they wanted to get her out there and out of the way to make room for Shadow, Isaac, Karate Joe and Skull Kid, which explains why her reveal was a bit anticlimatic.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I am SO excited, i really thought she was just gonna be an echo which was fine, but her moveset looks sooooo fun like a fishing rod hello. and she looks sooooooo cute too

link2702

Smash Champion
Happy for Isabelle fans, but a bit saddened because it felt like everything was leading up to a square rep with all the ff announcements. Heart almost skipped a beat as more and more ff games were showing up, I thought “this is it, they’re gonna reveal geno!” And then we get Isabelle...

Dan

Smash Lord
The start of the casual dominance left me with a... whatever deal. I couldn't bring myself to care, as there wasn't a single soul who didn't see her coming (echo or not). The only reason anybody thought she'd be an Echo was because they didn't want to admit she could be unique since it "takes a slot", or more accurately takes dev time and resources away from uniques aside from her in spite of her deserving it. I just didn't care because I don't do simulation games and Animal Crossing isn't my cup of tea.
You get a medal for that post:

I don't agree she deserves it though; just because you're popular doesn't mean you have to be thrown in Smash, when you're more of a pacifist than a fighter.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Probably an Echo.
Probably but I am kinda hoping Tom Nook would be unique character... or at least a semi-clone like Isabelle is. He's a tanooki so I was hoping for Tom Nook to be based on Tanooki Mario from Super Mario Bros. 3... swinging his tail and dropping gyroid statues on his opponents.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868

I knew immediately and was not disappointed at all

And why are K. Rool and Ridley in Smash?
Because they are both iconic villains from criminally underrepresented major Nintendo franchises, perhaps?

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
And why are K. Rool and Ridley in Smash?
I will admit my indifference toward Isabelle made my opinion bias, but those were characters who were notable for fighting, in a fighting game.

Smithn

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4332 5240 6154
I was fully expecting her so I wasn't surprised, but I was surprised that she is a unique fighter. Which is good because she looks more fun than Villager to me, especially the gyroid mine and the fishing rod.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I will admit my indifference toward Isabelle made my opinion bias, but those were characters who were notable for fighting, in a fighting game.
While they were in a game that involves fighting, a good chunk of fighters also don't have fighting involved in their respective games or appearances.

R.O.B. is just a peripheral, Duck Hunt, while a 'shooter' the characters we have don't actually do any fighting, Wii Fit is just an exercise game, Dr. Mario is a puzzle game, and Villager himself comes from the same game Isabelle does with no combat.

Plus, Ridley and K. Rool would've never been playable if it weren't for popularity. Isabelle is no exception, and she's now the face of Animal Crossing, so it's only logical to include her in Smash.

Dan

Smash Lord
While they were in a game that involves fighting, a good chunk of fighters also don't have fighting involved in their respective games or appearances.

R.O.B. is just a peripheral, Duck Hunt, while a 'shooter' the characters we have don't actually do any fighting, Wii Fit is just an exercise game, Dr. Mario is a puzzle game, and Villager himself comes from the same game Isabelle does with no combat.

Plus, Ridley and K. Rool would've never been playable if it weren't for popularity. Isabelle is no exception, and she's now the face of Animal Crossing, so it's only logical to include her in Smash.
I agree with everything you said; I never said I agreed with Sakurai's decisions.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
It certainly revealed how many people in the Smash community really sleep on how Animal Crossing is kind of a big ****ing deal.

Like, it's probably Big 4 Nintendo IP status. Geez people.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
My honest reaction

I do think she probably had the worst character trailer though. It dragged on for so long.

Kumashock

Smash Cadet
It certainly revealed how many people in the Smash community really sleep on how Animal Crossing is kind of a big ****ing deal.

Like, it's probably Big 4 Nintendo IP status. Geez people.
Yeah. It's crazy. Most people are super happy about her at least and appeals a lot to women and japanese audiences as well!

I got pretty hyped myself.

D

Deleted member

Indifference, but after the Belmonts and K. Rool, I can't complain.

D

Deleted member

I basically just did a PogChamp, which I normally do. I've never been one to scream during a reaction.

Dan

Smash Lord
My honest reaction

I do think she probably had the worst character trailer though. It dragged on for so long.
And at least for me, it was brutally obvious what was going on; like did people not remember Villager got an envelope as well.

I was kind of dying inside as I was watching it; I mean, we had this thing delayed a week and I got myself all hyped for a "ballot character", but it was obvious she was going to be in anyway, so she had to be revealed at some point.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
She robbed us of what could have been an amazing Direct.

it pained me to find out that was the last character reveal and Samurai said that all characters would be revealed before launch. Nintendo deserves a break from the Directs. They will likely take that break. No Shadow. No Scorpion. Not even Geno.

That kinda stinks. Ridley and Simon are the only new characters I care about. It could've been way more.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
She robbed us of what could have been an amazing Direct.

it pained me to find out that was the last character reveal and Samurai said that all characters would be revealed before launch. Nintendo deserves a break from the Directs. They will likely take that break. No Shadow. No Scorpion. Not even Geno.

That kinda stinks. Ridley is the only new character I care about. It could've been way more.
You know this isn't the last character, right?

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I was actually super excited upon realizing she was the focus of the trailer and was not an Echo, I look forward to player her in ultimate.

Top Bottom