• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reactions to Isabelle in smash ultimate

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Meh, wasn’t suprised. I got a bit spoiled by the thumbnail trying to watch the Direct blind.

Even then, the *not actual gameplay footage* gave it away that it was a Smash trailer.

Either way, I’m pretty content with her in.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Everything else in the Direct was stuff we already knew about besides LM3 and ACS. When there's a Nintendo Direct, I expect either one big character reveal if it's around Smash or new games being thrown left and right. This was disappointing.
I would say that Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing for Switch could both qualify as big game reveals. And I mean we got our first good look at Yoshi's Crafted World. Usually, the HUGE game reveals are saved for E3, so I would say this direct did what it needed to do. Besides, the rest of 2018 is looking strong with Smash, Super Mario Party, and the Let's Go Pokemon games on the horizon, and 2019 is already jam packed with fun titles. Yoshi's Crafted World, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 4 (hopefully), Fire Emblem Three Houses... And that's just first party, there's a ton of third party games coming too.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
It was very disappointing but it made a few ppl happy and excited for a new AC game, ive said before i’d rather get her out of the way now instead of being a buzzkill (for me personally) in a smash direct, trying to see the positive!

You may think that revealing her over a name with some real star power was a mistake but she was perfect for this mild direct, save that big stuff for a smash direct no?

Last edited:

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
I would say that Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing for Switch could both qualify as big game reveals. And I mean we got our first good look at Yoshi's Crafted World. Usually, the HUGE game reveals are saved for E3, so I would say this direct did what it needed to do. Besides, the rest of 2018 is looking strong with Smash, Super Mario Party, and the Let's Go Pokemon games on the horizon, and 2019 is already jam packed with fun titles. Yoshi's Crafted World, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 4 (hopefully), Fire Emblem Three Houses... And that's just first party, there's a ton of third party games coming too.
If all the big game reveals were saved for E3, why did the majority of this year's E3 Nintendo Direct revolve around Smash Bros. Ultimate (which may overtake Brawl as my personal GOAT)?

Freecs

Smash Cadet
In retrospect, Isabelle was the most predictable character they could have revealed (even though there was technically more evidence for Skull Kid), which is why I was underwhelmed. I didn’t care that much about who would be revealed, I just wanted to be surprised, and I wasn’t.

Her fishing rod move is hype as hell though.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You're saying they're gonna do ANOTHER Direct.
After already doing five.
Which means half the months outta this year, there will have been a Nintendo Direct.

I don't know about you, but that seems a LITTLE unlikely. Got any sources?
That’s not what he mean’t we are definately not done yet with new characters

Your first mistake is you forget Sakurai could just do the same thing he did with Lucina and Robin back in smash 4 a completely out of the blue character reveal

Secondly we know spirits still needs to be talked about so another smash direct will come in October-December 6th

And shadow is pretty gosh darn likely a lock for smash bros ultimate at this point for sonic echos or luigified

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
If all the big game reveals were saved for E3, why did the majority of this year's E3 Nintendo Direct revolve around Smash Bros. Ultimate (which may overtake Brawl as my personal GOAT)?
Because practically nothing has been shown of it. I'm not saying E3 is ONLY exclusive to big announcements. I'm saying that's usually where Nintendo likes to announce big things. This year's E3 was different because it had practically nothing to show other than Smash.

TheJutin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-2756-8217
Everything else in the Direct was stuff we already knew about besides LM3 and ACS. When there's a Nintendo Direct, I expect either one big character reveal if it's around Smash or new games being thrown left and right. This was disappointing.
They are saving a big reveal for a huge smash direct or something big. Isabelle is the perfect character to reveal here. It’s a smaller, lighter direct. She’s popular but not one of the most popular characters that people want. Plus they revealed AC switch. I’m expecting one big smash direct before release and maybe a Nintendo direct with a new character. If Isaac or Geno are in game expect that to be where they are revealed. Maybe even Bandana Dee as he is the most popular character in Japan that’s not in. And more echoes have to be coming

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I actually made a crude-looking video on this during seeing it first time.

Notice: I was hyping for Isaac, so maybe I might come off as more "disappointed" than approving, considering Isabelle was... a surprise, but a swell one. I also thought Nook was gonna be an Echo - gah, Chrom-flashbacks back to July 2014.

Also I uh, swear a lot, so just a notice.

Last edited:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Dude I'm super excited that she's not an echo. I've never been a fan of Villlager so seeing Isabelle's addition as a newcomer was quite exciting. Not to mention, she adds the right amount of ridiculousness no other newcomer has added so far. I really hope Isabelle is top tier, because I want to see people to fear the ****zu. Plus what other newcomer is going to bring such quality memes?

tumblr_pf0zmkYZBR1qipy7wo1_r1_1280.jpg DnAvkliWsAALJEV.jpg DnAry26VsAA_0jj.jpg

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Isabelle is super rad! I'm really happy she's in despite the fact that I've only played the first Animal Crossing.

My roommate however, was so excited that he flipped his chair LOL

It was a great reveal. :088:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I expected her to get in, I just didn't expect her to be her own unique fighter with her own trailer, and it really was a hype killer for me... not that I'm no longer excited for Smash or anything, but it did bring me back down to earth after my expectations for the last few newcomers were sky high. My initial reaction was bad and kinda resentful but the shock has worn away now and I'm back to feeling like she's a welcome addition.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
All-Star is subjective. Isabelle is popular but no where near the status guys like Mario, Link, or Pikachu who are cultural icons.
The phrase "Nintendo all star" may be subjective, but I think jumping to 'cultural icon' is something few video game characters ever hope to achieve.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I thought her reveal was mediocre even though I knew it was a trailer for her in Smash the second the trailer started. BUT I wanted Isabelle in the game she isn't "OMG HYPE" like K.Rool and Ridley were and honestly no other character besides maybe Dixie Kong will get me as hyped as those 2. But she definitely deserves to be in the game and I use Villager quite a bit so damn skippy, Isabelle will be played a lot by me as well.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I was slightly saddened to see that it wasn't some big, shocking new character, but all-in-all, was pretty happy with it. She was too cute for me not to spend her whole trailer smiling, and the Animal Crossing Switch reveal was great (though I got excited for a second hoping that Tom Nook would be her Echo). She was fine, though the problem with her lies in the fact that her trailer was used to advertise AC:Switch rather than the other way around.

Top Bottom