• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Only franchise here that really interests me is Frogger, in which case I'd be cautiously optimistic. Hopefully they scrap all the weird 90s/2000s stuff for the most part and focus on expanding the 80s gameplay in a suitable way. Happy for the other franchises' fans, those seem harder to screw up.

HWYR if I-Tetromino, O-Tetromino, L/J Tetromino, Z/S Tetromino, and T Tetromino were all in Smash as unique fighters?

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Only franchise here that really interests me is Frogger, in which case I'd be cautiously optimistic. Hopefully they scrap all the weird 90s/2000s stuff for the most part and focus on expanding the 80s gameplay in a suitable way. Happy for the other franchises' fans, those seem harder to screw up.

HWYR if I-Tetromino, O-Tetromino, L/J Tetromino, Z/S Tetromino, and T Tetromino were all in Smash as unique fighters?
… Huh…

HWYR if the next Smash game gives us Rex (Xenoblade 3), as a bonus fighter, akin to Piranha Plant in Ultimate?

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I am indiffirent to Rex. Not my favourite Xenoblade character, but happy for those who wanted him.

How would ya'll react if LEGO made a Fire Emblem Collectable Minifigure series to go alongside the Deku Tree set and the Mario/Animal Crossing themes?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
… Huh…

HWYR if the next Smash game gives us Rex (Xenoblade 3), as a bonus fighter, akin to Piranha Plant in Ultimate?
Rex is likable, so I guess everyone, including me would love it!

HWYR if in Smash 6, Saber (Fate), Goku (Dragon Ball), Agumon (Digimon), and Reimu (Touhou) got assist trophies, and mii costumes, while Tomoya (Clannad), Yukito (Air), Rika (When They Cry), and Sora (Sukisho) got spirits. None of those chracter are videogame characters, including Saber and Reimu, because they aren't primarily recognized as videogame characters, despite their true origins. There are already several obscure series represented in Smash already, and Mickey Mouse, who is a non videogame character already makes an in-game appearance as a small cameo on Sora's Keyblade.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Sure. That would be cool.

HWYR if Smash Ultimate had a Spirit Event for the Legend of Zelda CD-I games?
WOAH! Another reference to those lil' memes! I would enjoy it!

HWYR if in Smash 6, Dragon Ball, Touhou, Fate, Bakugan, Key Visual Novels, Medabots, and When They Cry got representation, but they only got assist trophies, mii costumes and/or spirits. All of those series strted off as videogames, except for Dragon Ball of course. But all of them are primarily known for anime except for Touhou and Bakugan, which are at a debated status, and are primarily known as a tabletop game respectively.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Being primary known for a certain type of media is silly. Just respect the media of origin. Sorry for being a little meanspirited.

HWYR if Eggman was voiced by Brian Drummond for the next Smash, instead of Mike Pollock?

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
A weird choice to replace the official VA, but okay.

HWYR if a new Mario & Luigi RPG game was announced, but it was a crossover with other currently active Nintendo franchises?

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
That could be fun if done well enough, so count me in.

How would ya'll feel if they revealed Hugh Jackman is playing Naked Snake/Big Boss in the Metal Gear Solid movie?

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Not my choice to play the character, but that's rad.

HWYR if Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 3 had Mighty Mouse (TerryToons) as it's first guest fighter? (He is on the base game)

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
NO offense, but I don't know how to respond to that!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! HWYR If Robot Chicken referenced the PADORU PADORU cutscene from Fate/Extra?

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
No thanks. Robot Chicken is not my cup of tea.

HWYR if the first Live-Action rep. for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 3 was not from a Nick Original Sitcom, but instead Mork from Mork and Mindy?

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
a little sad ( Want Keenan ) & happy at the same time & impressed they got the rights to use Robin Williams.

HWYR if in the 1st Nintendo direct of 2024 ;

FP3 = revealed , & ,

Noah & Mio , are the first characters for it ?

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I'll rather see Miss Finster, Spinelli and Vince as hthe racers for a Recess-themed pass.

HWYR if Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 3 had Betty Boop as a DLC fighter?

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I don't know the connection but hey anothe iconic classic cartoon character

hWyR If the theme for Injustice 3's guests was cartoons and had Ben 10, Danny Phantom, He-Man and Lion-O as guests

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I don't know the connection but hey anothe iconic classic cartoon character
Paramount has the ancillary rights of the Fleischer cartoons.

As for Injustice 3, It's picks are solid. I would personally add The Mask and a Power Ranger.

HWYR if Hasbro released a Risk board with a G.I. Joe theme?

darkvortex

Smash Lord
that makes a lot of sense and I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet

hWyR If the next Insomniac X-Men game after Wolverine was Gambit (+Rouge)

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I rather see another Marvel franchise. a Hulk game made by insomniac would be fantastic.

HWYR if Sonic Pocket Adventure (Neo Geo Pocket Color) got a fan made remake?

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I rather see another Marvel franchise. a Hulk game made by insomniac would be fantastic.

HWYR if Sonic Pocket Adventure (Neo Geo Pocket Color) got a fan made remake?
that'd be cool but the hack confirmed they're working on an x-men franchise once Deadpool is done

anyway that'd be cool. No attachment to the original so I don't think I'd play it but I am nothing but supportive of that kinda thing

hWyR If Splatoon was the next franchise to get added to super Nintendo world

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
meh. good for those who like the game.

HWYR if

There are no echo fighters in the next smash game , only echo assist trophies ?

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Clone Assist Trophies? That sounds silly.

HWYR if PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale sequel added Non-Video Game characters that had history with the PS brand?}
(And I don't say stuff like Insomniac's Spider-Man, something like Goku, Tony Hawk, stuff like that)

If that happened, I can only wonder who Donald Duck's rival would be, since Kingdom Hearts is still known as a PlayStation staple.

HWYR if Crash and Spyro were a Banjo and Kazooie echo in Smash 6?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I mean ill take Crash & Spyro in Smash alongside Banjo anyway i can get them but just dont see how that would that well.

HWYR if Ultimate got an enhanced port for Nintendos next console but instead of getting any new fighters, every existing current fighter got an echo.

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
I mean ill take Crash & Spyro in Smash alongside Banjo anyway i can get them but just dont see how that would that well.

HWYR if Ultimate got an enhanced port for Nintendos next console but instead of getting any new fighters, every existing current fighter got an echo.
As long as Pneuma is an echo for Pyra/Mythra, it is acceptable.

HWYR if Sega release ‘Sonic Adventure Origins’ for Sonic’s 35th Anniversary, containing SA1, SA2, Heroes, and Shadow?

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
That's good,but why Heroes and Shadow game on Sonic collection?

HWYR if Super Nintendo World adds a Pokémon world (for me it's very obvious of having Pokémon on Super Nintendo World)

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
That's good,but why Heroes and Shadow game on Sonic collection?

HWYR if Super Nintendo World adds a Pokémon world (for me it's very obvious of having Pokémon on Super Nintendo World)
Both Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog tie into Sonic Adventure 2, which ties into Sonic Adventure 1. They’re all Sonic games developed by Sonic Team, and their overarching story. It gives the 6th gen Sonic games a modern way to play them.

Okay, but maybe Pokémon would be better having its own world.

HWYR if Nintendo rerelease Mario Kart 8 AGAIN for the next system, adding Metroid, Pikmin, and Xenoblade content, including 24 tracks (both new and old), 6 characters, and vehicle parts.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I mean i get it, Mario Kart 8 is almost in a similar position to Ultimate in trying to follow up the content it has. Maybe if there at least 16 new tracks like a new game would normally would have it will be easier to swallow.

I dont care as much about the crossover stuff (although Xenoblade over Kirby, Star Fox, or Capt Falcon seems odd, i like Xenoblade but those other series just seem like better fits & have been around longer).

HWYR if TotK got dlc or a next console re-release that allowed you to use BotWs ruins.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Just remembered something It's been almost 2 and a half years since Skyward Sword HD re-release came out.

HWYR if In Smash 6, Pac-Man, Megaman/Rockman, Bomberman, Rayman are all playable, but in return, Jibanyan (Yokai Watch), and Medabee (Medabots), get assist trophies, and deluxe mii costumes, while Dragonoid (Bakugan) just gets a deluxe mii costume, and Suezo (Monster Rancher) gets a spirit. I know all of those characters are likable/acclaimed.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Just remembered something It's been almost 2 and a half years since Skyward Sword HD re-release came out.

HWYR if In Smash 6, Pac-Man, Megaman/Rockman, Bomberman, Rayman are all playable, but in return, Jibanyan (Yokai Watch), and Medabee (Medabots), get assist trophies, and deluxe mii costumes, while Dragonoid (Bakugan) just gets a deluxe mii costume, and Suezo (Monster Rancher) gets a spirit. I know all of those characters are likable/acclaimed.
Yeah, cool. Happy for Bomberman and Rayman being playable. Suezo’s spirit battle would I assume be pirahana plant.

HWYR if the switch sequel console’s version of smash is a deluxe 4k port of Ultimate with 11 new playable characters for an even hundred (before dlc) with the additions of smash run, a port of subspace emissary, a boss rush, and an asynchronous local multiplayer mode with playble bosses?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
No disrespect intended, but it reminds me of re-releases.

HWYR if the obscure indie game series, Cave Story and Yume Nikki got representation in Smash 6. There are already several obscure Non-Nintendo series represented in Smash, such as Mana (Square Enix), Fatal Frame, No More Heroes, Kunio Kun, Bayonetta, Babylonian Castle Saga, Goemon, and Mega Man Battle Network/RockMan.EXE

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Yeah, both Cave Story and Yume Nikki only need Mii costumes.

HWYR if Sega releases a Sega Pico collection?
I'm not sure many viewers would buy that! No disprespect intended.

HWYR if in Smash 6 Bomberman not only gets promoted to playable, but at the same time, other Konami franchises Contra, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Silent Hill get representation as well. Yu-Gi-Oh! only gets an assist trophy and a deluxe mii costume, and Contra, and Silent Hill get spirits.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Honestly was recently playing the original Monkey Ball 2 & was thinking to myself that some of the cutscenes almost reminded me of cartoon-ish shenanigans. Could work although it i think an episodic show/anime may work better.

HWYR if someone made a crossover platformer similar to subspace.

Last edited:
Top Bottom