• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
No offense once again, but that looks kinda out of place there!

Since There have been already a myriad of obscure Non-Nintendo series represented in Smash, such as No More Heroes, Babylonian Castle Saga, Bayonetta, Kunio Kun, and Fatal Frame. HWYR if the obscure characters Ryu (Ninja Gaiden), Quote (Cave Story), Travis (No More Heroes), and Jibanyan (Yokai Watch) got assist trophies, spirits, and mii costumes in Smash 6, while four more obscure series When they Cry, Key Visual Novels, Medabots, Science Adventure, just get spirits. I know that they are plenty of obscure but likable videogame characters out there, and Ryu, Quote, Travis, and Jibanyan are no exceptions without a doubt.

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
would not care.

HWYR if these are the 3rd party newcomers next Smash

26 Resna ( Ryza & Marie = Alts ) Atelier , series , via , Koei Tecmo
27 ( Blue Protocol ) rep = Bandai Namco
28 ( Phantasy Star ) Rep = Sega
29 Y’s / ( Legend of Heroes ) rep = Falcom
30 new , ( Tales of ) rep = Bandai Namco

possibly more

& some indie reps for DLC

darkvortex

Smash Lord
If I'm honest that's way too many JRPG characters, and I say this as a JRPG liker. I think a Tales of character and a Falcom rep feel pretty overdue, and I guess PS does have the legacy. Blue Protocol is way way too new though and ain't coming to Nintendo platforms. Atelier wouldn't be my first pick for a Koei rep but does have a lot of moveset potential. The indie characters depend on who they are .

Honestly though this would be a disappointing third party line up because it's all fantasy anime characters. You've gotta mix things up. You gotta have vertity.

hWyR If 2B was a third party pick in a deluxe smash ultimate release

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I kinda like it. It's not what i'm expecting for a Indie Pass, but it does the job right.

HWYR if Master Chief from Halo was a guest character on Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 3?

For context, the Halo TV show is on Paramount Plus.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I like that they're all actual indie characters and not just the big names. I do think they're the issue of some of them being pretty similar though. Can't say I really know any other than Dead Cells or Sea of Stars though

edit: ehh I'd rather NASB stay Nick focused, if they really gotta start doing there I'd rather see Cartman or Bevius and Butthead first

hEYE if the next smash cut all third parties

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
No, Please, No!

HWYR if Sakurai goes berserk and makes Smash jump the shark with a Non-Video Game/Fourth Party Fighter Pass?
(The only way to calm Him down is with choosing which character will make the cut, one per franchise)

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
It depends on how likable or hateable these characters are. Mickey is also already present in Smash as a cameo on Sora's keyblade.

HWYR if the obscure videogame characters whose names all end in "man" Hitman (Hitman), Gitaroo Man, Typoman, and Splosion Man all got NetNavi OC counterparts.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I don't want to say something bad on you, but not having Vectorman (Sega) is a big no-no, for saying something nice.

HWYR if Bandai Namco releases a collection with games that they released on NEC PC Engine?

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Can't say I would care but I would be happy for those who do! More old games being available is always a good thing

hWYR if smash added spyro before crash

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
A pretty neat idea honestly. Kinda weird since most of the psa roster are post ps1 but it's still a very cool idea a

hWyR If animal crossing and splatoon both got multiple new reps in the next smash

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Not surprised, but greater opinions would depend on specific character choices. Want a seasonal character like Jack or Jingle for AC at least.

HWYR if Smash Remix added Berri with a fully-Matrix-parody-themed moveset?
I don't know who Berri is. Never heard of him/her.

HWYR if Amber (Invincible) was an assist trophy/tv assist in Multiversus, Once again Amber is another notoriously hateable character.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Not the first character I could think to represent the series, but okay.

If the third Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl game introduced assists, HWYR if there where Super Moves similar to Cartoon Network Punch Tine Explosion XL's Synergy Attacks in which You team up with the assist?

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
That could be good

HWYR if you live in an alternate universe where Nintendo and Sega have parallel histories,as Sega become more famous and creating more consoles and Nintendo became a 3rd Party?,also it could be have a Sega's Super Smash Bros and a Nintendo Superstars

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
meh , ok

HWYR if FP3 got revealed in the next Nintendo Direct ?

bonus points for me if it on Jan 17th

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Honestly like? eh??

I'd be down for more content but I wanna move on. I'm ready for smash 6. I don't mind if it's "ultimate plus" or a full reboot but I think base game ultimate has had its time. I would be interested to see who they add though

hWYR if the next smash remix update made the spider-man and ryu\ken mods an "official" part of the game

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Seems weird but i like the idea. Maybe Maskless Skull Kid can get in separately (we certainly need all the zelda fighters we can get at this point)

HWYR if Matthew or A from Future Redeemed were added in in the next Smash instead of Noah &/or Mio.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A mix of disappointment and relief - I think pretty much everyone is at least slightly concious of the possibility of Xenoblade's roster percentage ballooning out, but at the same time these characters do look really cool, unlike a lot of the Xeno 2 characters (and TBH, Noah and Mio never seemed that bad to me on thier own, just victims of circumstance, hypothetical as that circumstance is). Also having a character called "A" would be funny. Matt seems to not be a swordfighter, so that is a plus.

HWYR if Smash Remix added the cat and mouse from CatRoots?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Had to go digging to find what this even was but i do really like the idea of adding an unexpected pick from a seemingly unreleased game.

HWYR if Smash Remix added James Bond (based on Goldeneye of course).

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Would be super happy but it feels pretty likey anyway. Interested to see the moveset

hWYR if we got a fighters pass 3 and it had this lineup;
Rauru (Zelda), Noah\Mio (XBC3), Octoling, Oatchi (Pikmin 4), Geno

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
More is better of course,

HWYR if the obscure series Psychonauts, Hitman, Megami Tensei (Outside of the Persona subseries), Cave Story, Senran Kagura, and Hyperdimension Neptunia, all get spirits, assist trophies, and/or mii costumes in Smash 6? I know that there are already plentiful of obscure non-nintendo series in smash already, including Kunio Kun, Fatal Frame, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, No More Heroes, Bayonetta, Goemon, and MegaMan.EXE.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Peppino is at least likable, I would enjoy it.

Since the obscure videogame series, Monster Rancher, Senran Kagura, Yokai-Watch and RockMan.EXE/MegaMan.EXE got anime adaptations. HWYR if if these other obscure videogame series, No More Heroes, Bayonetta, Freedom Planet, and Kunio Kun, all got official anime adaptations?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Cool, but are Bayonetta and NMH that obscure?
To answer your question, Unfortunately, similar to Cave Story, and Klonoa, Bayonetta, and No More Heroes, aren't commercially successful, They both sold less than 4 million copies, which makes them mere cult classics, similar to Ninja Gaiden, MegaMan.EXE or Freedom Planet to this day.

Moving on from that lil' elephant in the room:

HWYR if MegaMan.EXE/RockMan.EXE/MegaMan Battle Network series got funko pops? I know that a few Funko pops of obscure characters exist already.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Nah, that would be weird. Also you didn't answered the actual reaction.

HWYR if The Super Mario Bros. Movie 2 had a reference to the Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom web series?

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
That's be cool honestly. pretty iconic and with a lot of potential for a fun gimmick . Hoping for my boy Boggy B.

hER if smash 6 had a bonus pre order character: "Mario Kart", a Mario who is always in a smart and has a Karting themed moveset and use s Mario Kart items

Top Bottom