• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Alright, cool.

HWYR if the Smash series had a smaller roster, but a rotating cast going forward? Most of the characters would be swapped out between games for other fighters, with popular fighters being kept between games.
Interesting, I never heard of this until now!

HWYR if the boxart for Smash 6 featured only 8 characters, Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, Megaman, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Bomberman, and Banjo. AnD Rayman, Crash and Bomberman are all promoted to playable.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Cool to see something official but would be tough to compete with how much smash 64 remix has already done.

HWYR if Brawl got a rerelease with the following changes.
  • a toggle for tripping
  • no subspace cutscenes
  • Sonic & Snake being replaced by Villager & K. Rool.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Depends on a lot of things - I think they'd need to bring back the PMW1 style for one thing, and I'd also prefer if it was announced alongside another traditional maze game.

HWYR if the Carnival Night Barrel was an Assist Trophy in the next Smash?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Depends on a lot of things - I think they'd need to bring back the PMW1 style for one thing, and I'd also prefer if it was announced alongside another traditional maze game.

HWYR if the Carnival Night Barrel was an Assist Trophy in the next Smash?
Another non-character assist trophy? There are already a couple of assist trophies and spirits, who aren't characters.

HWYR if Shovel Knight and Waluigi got promoted to playable characters in Smash 6, and Waluigi's Piranha Plant gets demoted to one of his special moves. But in return, Ayano (Yandere Simulator) Goku (Dragon Ball) gets a assist trophies spirts and mii costumes. Ayano, just like Micah (Red Dead) is notoriously hateable.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Interesting

HWYR if we got a Polar Express stage in Multiversus?
That Book and its movie adaptation was acclaimed, so I would enjoy it!

HWYR if someone made an assist trophy design contest? Where the participants design and assemble your own assist trophy ideas.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Interesting

HWYR if we got a Polar Express stage in Multiversus?
That Book and its movie adaptation was acclaimed, so I would enjoy it!

HWYR if Protoboy (Robotboy) was an assist trophy in multiversus. He is both from an obscure cartoon show, and a hate sink.

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
HWYR if someone made an assist trophy design contest? Where the participants design and assemble your own assist trophy ideas.
I think that would be fun
HWYR if the Protoboy (Robotboy) was an assist trophy in multiversus. He is both from an obscure cartoon show, and a hate sink.
Interesting

HWYR if Stella from Spiritfarer was an Assist Trophy in Smash?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Okay...

HWYR if Mae from Night in The Woods was in smash as assist trophy?
Just like Quote (Cave Story), Lilac (Freedom Planet), and the Batter (Off), Mae is another obscure, but like likable indie game character. So he would be best as as a playable character.

HWYR if Travis's (No More Heroes) spirit battle used Zero's assist trophy as a stand-in for Travis? They both are lightsaber users.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Just like Quote (Cave Story), Lilac (Freedom Planet), and the Batter (Off), Mae is another obscure, but like likable indie game character. So he would be best as as a playable character.

HWYR if Travis's (No More Heroes) spirit battle used Zero's assist trophy as a stand-in for Travis? They both are lightsaber users.
I'm honestly surprised they didn't do that.

HWYR react if 2B from Nier: Automata was a secret boss in Kingdom Hearts 3?

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Meh,i prefer more Sonic with modern games design

HWYR if Smash 6 have a dynamic of characters from other franchises appears in stages as cameos similar to PlayStation-All Stars stages? (some example: Space Invaders on a Pac-Man stage, Kirby enemies or Rabbids on a Mario stage,Arthur and Firebrand from Ghosts N Goblins on a Castlevania stage Call of Duty or Rainbow Six characters on a Metal Gear stage)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Meh,i prefer more Sonic with modern games design

HWYR if Smash 6 have a dynamic of characters from other franchises appears in stages as cameos similar to PlayStation-All Stars stages? (some example: Space Invaders on a Pac-Man stage, Kirby enemies or Rabbids on a Mario stage,Arthur and Firebrand from Ghosts N Goblins on a Castlevania stage Call of Duty or Rainbow Six characters on a Metal Gear stage)
That’s be pretty cool.

HWYR if in SSBU, Ryu and Ken’s down specials were their V-Triggers / V-Skills from Street Fighter V?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
That’s be pretty cool.

HWYR if in SSBU, Ryu and Ken’s down specials were their V-Triggers / V-Skills from Street Fighter V?
Probably be more useful than the SF4 counter cancel for me.

HWYR if the full street fighter 2 original cast (original 8 plus 4 bosses) all became playble dlc to be an ad for SF V or 6 getting a switch port?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Probably be more useful than the SF4 counter cancel for me.

HWYR if the full street fighter 2 original cast (original 8 plus 4 bosses) all became playble dlc to be an ad for SF V or 6 getting a switch port?
Well, that’d be pretty annoying but at least Chun-Li’s in the game.

HYWR if Squad Strike worked more like SF6’s team battles, where each side controlled a team of up to five fighters but each team could have any amount of players (though no more than 5 on each team) and each player controls a different fighter?

FazDude

Smash Master
Kind of a weird change, seeing as the Switch can't handle ten controllers connected at once. In the event that it would be possible, though... ehhhh, I still would prefer the way it is now.

HWYR if the next Smash added clones that were specifically based on past incarnations of fighters (Demise for Melee Ganondorf, for example)?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
HWYR if the next Smash added clones that were specifically based on past incarnations of fighters (Demise for Melee Ganondorf, for example)?
So kind of like Marvel vs. Capcom, in a way? I wouldn’t mind.

HWYR if certain characters (like Mario & Luigi, Chrom & Robin and Ryu & Ken) had Team Final Smashes? Keep in mind that only a select few characters would have these kinds of Final Smashes.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
That could be so cool

HWYR if Super Smash Bros. was started on Super Nintendo instead Nintendo 64?
Probably would need to start by making it a traditional 2D fighter but with the Smash control scheme; I’d be down with it either way.

HWYR if the Pokémon lineup in the next Smash was:
  1. Pikachu
  2. Charizard
  3. Jigglyluff
  4. Mewtwo
  5. Plusle & Minun
  6. Lucario
  7. Zoroark
  8. Greninja
  9. Cinderace
  10. Meowscarada

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Once again, there are already too many pokemon to count

To follow up:

HWYR if for the year of the SNAKE in 2025, Fortnite made a Metal Gear crossover, because one of the protagonists of the franchise is known as Snake. Once again there are many different versions of Snake in Metal Gear.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Once again, there are already too many pokemon to count

To follow up:

HWYR if for the year of the SNAKE in 2025, Fortnite made a Metal Gear crossover, because one of the protagonists of the franchise is known as Snake. Once again there are many different versions of Snake in Metal Gear.
Actually, they just did announce one yesterday.

HWYR if, to work around the potential issue of backwards compatibility with their next console, Nintendo released a DLC expansion to Ultimate with 11 newcomers (8 unique, 3 Echoes) and Smash Run?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Confusing announcent, is it kind of an Ultimate "Deluxe" Port or is it only on the Switch version to make up for not being able to play it on the new console?

Either way more Smash content is always good & i have a big switch backlog anyway so my console wont be cast aside anytime soon.

HWYR if Nintendo announced themed 2 pack ports of older games with odd pairings starting with a Water themed pack with Wind Waker & Wave Race Blue Storm.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Cool

HWYR if Ashnard (Fire Emblem), Demise (LOZ Skyward Sword) and Raven Beak (Metroid Dread all got into Smash 6?

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind.

HWYR if Wildstorm publishing made a licensed comic based on Dark Souls?
Neat. Personaly though I don't play from soft games for the characters and stories. They're all about gameplay. DS 1 doesn't have a big "story" it's all in background and lore. I do think you could did something there where it's filling in t he background fleshing out events but I don't think a full adaption would be all that interesting. Should also probably be a manga.

also Wildstorm hasn't existed as a separate label since 2010. all it's characters got absorbed into the DC Universe when it got shut down.

HWYR if the Sega reveal at the Game Awards was Sonic the Fighters 2

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
It could be good,a sequel of Sonic The Fighters,they could use the modern sonic games and...Sega Game Awards?

HWYR if a Sega VS capcom is announcied?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sega vs. Capcom makes a lot of sense. I don't play Tradfighters, but I hope there's some Western/deep cut picks on the Sega side

HWYR if the next Smash's box art had Mario, Sonic, Kratos, Master Chief, Yorgle, Gordon Freeman, Miner Willy, and Terry? (assume all characters named here are playable)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Sega vs. Capcom makes a lot of sense. I don't play Tradfighters, but I hope there's some Western/deep cut picks on the Sega side

HWYR if the next Smash's box art had Mario, Sonic, Kratos, Master Chief, Yorgle, Gordon Freeman, Miner Willy, and Terry? (assume all characters named here are playable)
cogh-baiting and leaving out pac-man? smh my head

In all seriousness, that’d be pretty cool!

HWYR if Smash Melee was rereleased on the eShop, albeit as its own download rather than part of a GameCube Switch online deal?

Top Bottom