• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
It looks cool. I'll take an opportunity for this new world for the"Blue Rat".

HWYR if Nintendo's Ultra Hand got induceed onto the Museum of Play's National Toy Hall of Fame program?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
It looks cool. I'll take an opportunity for this new world for the"Blue Rat".

HWYR if Nintendo's Ultra Hand got induceed onto the Museum of Play's National Toy Hall of Fame program?
WOW! A Big throwback to back before Nintendo started making Video Games.

Speaking of Nintendo, Kirby is not an independently owned IP. From what I remember, although Nintendo and HAL co-own the rights to Kirby and his series, Nintendo themselves didn't create Kirby he was originally created by HAL. If HAL themselves isn't a subsidiary of Nintendo, HWYR if in an Alternate Universe Kirby was just independently owned by HAL. His series would be multiplatform.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Heck yeah!
Even if Kirby is a pillar of Nintendo franchises, I can see Them for a multiplatform release (same with Pokémon and Fire Emblem'')

HWYR if The Museum of Play induced Topp's Wacky Packages into their "National Toy Hall of Fame" program?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Heck yeah!
Even if Kirby is a pillar of Nintendo franchises, I can see Them for a multiplatform release (same with Pokémon and Fire Emblem'')

HWYR if The Museum of Play induced Topp's Wacky Packages into their "National Toy Hall of Fame" program?
Those items were hillarious! LOL!

HWYR if in Smash 6, Goku (Dragon Ball), and Miku (Vocaloid) get assist trophies, spirits, and mii costumes, and their mii costumes come with bonus music tracks, just like Sans and Cuphead. And Boyfriend (Friday Night Funkin'), and Lilac (Freedom Planet) get promoted to playable characters.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Meh, not too familiar with dev & only fighting game i knew on resume was snk gals from 2 decades ago. Probably better choices out there.

HWYR if Nintendo brought back Star Fox with another re-imagining of SNES/64.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I woulbe be good a new Star Fox game,but i wabted a true new game

HWYR if Cartoon Network have their own version of Nicktoons Unite?,and which playable characters will be on this version?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I woulbe be good a new Star Fox game,but i wabted a true new game

HWYR if Cartoon Network have their own version of Nicktoons Unite?,and which playable characters will be on this version?
Depends on the era. If it were the 2000’s, I might be interested since I was more attached to their franchises back then.

HWYR if Alm from Fire Emblem was a Link Echo with Ike’s Side B and Pit’s old Down B?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Fine be me, Echoes was a great game & im personally fine with them adsing as much content from the series as possible.

HWYR if Ryza (Atelier) was added as a Koei Tecmo rep as opposed to Ryu Hayabusa.

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't care either way tbh

HWYR if Backyardigans got a character in NASB2? (you get to decide whether it's Uniqua, Pablo, Tyrone, Tasha or Austin)

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I wouldn't care either way tbh

HWYR if Backyardigans got a character in NASB2? (you get to decide whether it's Uniqua, Pablo, Tyrone, Tasha or Austin)
They are likable and their show has been critically acclaimed! So I would like it.

HWYR if Mio (Fatal Frame) and Kunio (Kunio-Kun) and got promoted to playable characters in Smash 6. They are currently a spirits. They are both obscure, but likable character just like Klonoa, Neptune Hyperdimension (Neptrunia), Bayonetta, and Prince of Persia.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Mio would be cool plus isnt there some weird deal where Nintendo partially ownes Fatal Frame. Not too familar with Kunio but seems like an interesting character who could be a surpring, fun pick.

HWYR if Phantom Ganon (semi-echo of Ganondorf like Isabelle/Villager) was the long awaited next new Zelda rep.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Ehh. I wouldn't like, hate it, but I want a Zelda rep outside of the Triforce trio
I
HWYR if Dead By Daylight 's next killer was from an anime franchise ?

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
It will be good,a killer on Dead By Daylight will be any character from Junji Ito's mangas

HWYR if Warner Bros. Games announces a Superman game who will be the same dynamics from Batman Arkham and Isonmiac's Spider-Man?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
That hasn't happened yet?

Probably already asked this, but HWYR if the next Smash had EIH and this newcomer roster?
A while back I made a newcomer roster for an Ultimate sequel, don't know if I ever posted it here, but I just added some echoes, and kinda feel like going through why I went with the characters I did

I'll do the unique characters first, since a lot of the reasoning for the echoes was derived from gaps in this set. The aim here was to please both Celebration-of-Gaming fans and Nintendo All-Stars fans, and fill perceived gaps in the roster without just overloading it with fan-requests. Realism wasn't considered.
  1. Waluigi is the fan demand pick of the 1Ps. That's really the whole rationale. Of the major 1P fan picks, he's my favourite, and also probably the most popular from a mainstream perspective.
  2. Impa, Midna, and Tingle were all in response to a percieved lack of Zelda rep. There aren't really any fully agreed upon Zelda reps who are overwhelmingly wanted by fans, even if Ninja Impa and Skull Kid seem to be more popular, that isn't overwhelming. Impa was chosen for her importance, with Elderly Impa being chosen in specific for making up the majority of Impa appearances and lending herself to a more unique moveset, along with a lack of geriatric characters in fighting games. this was before the nasb 2 leak I tried to make sure the female characters were unlike the usual female characters of Smash, since most of the women in Smash fall into the camp of "slender, pretty, human, young adult" - not that there's anything wrong with that alone (as you'll see with a later 1P pick), but it's nice to have more diverse female designs.
  3. I really like Midna's character design, and I think that her whole hair thing lends itself to a fun moveset. TP fans were probably disappointed by Ultimate, so she fills that niche. Being a non-human female character is also an advantage she brings.
  4. A lack of modern Kirby rep is a common criticism of Smash, and Susie fills that niche, being a bit of a fan favourite from what many consider the definitive best Kirby game. She also has a very abstract design, which is fun, especially for a female character.
  5. Youngster was a me pick - I wanted more Gen 1, and I wanted a weaker, sillier Pokemon like Squirtle, Jigglypuff, and Pichu before him. While there are other Pokemon that fit either or both descriptors I'd prefer, I think Youngster's trio (Pidgey, Rattata, and Zubat) is so iconic that it's hard to really shoot down or view as "random", and a second Pokemon stance fighter has been a common request since Brawl.
  6. The lack of legendary Pokemon representation in Smash is quite bizarre from an objective standpoint, and Genesect just fits Smash perfectly as a mobile, powerful, and fast creature. Gen 5 is, like Robobot, often considered the best Pokemon game, so it makes sense to represent it here.
  7. While not particularly popular Smash requests, Callie and Marie are in a similar spot to Isabelle as being overwhelmingly popular outside of that niche, and probably having a large support base that's just silent and doesn't frequent Smash forums.
  8. Rhythm Heaven has been a popular Smash pick for a while, and had a few devastating close calls. Yuka was chosen because she's so generic that she can basically do anything. Hanging on to a rocket, partaking in a quiz show, slashing a sword - she could basically do anything because she's just... a girl who hangs out with monkeys. Unlike Karate Joe, the Chorus Boys, or the Wandering Samurai who are all very specific in themes. Rhythm games are also not yet repped in Smash
  9. Tingle is a bit of a me pick, he's very much a popular character, and has received quite a bit of re-evaluation in recent years from the Westerners who once got him banned from the Zelda series. I think I like Tingle as a sort of way of saying "hey, the dust has settled, you want to give this guy another go?" choice. I also like that he represents a spin-off series that isn't Mario.
  10. Going into third parties, the reasons will be a lot more simple since 3Ps are nowhere near as comprehensive as they exist today. Case in point: Dr. Eggman. Sonic is underrepped, villains are underrepped, Eggman is one of the most iconic villains and one of the most iconic Sonics.
  11. Blanka was a me pick of sorts. It doesn't really make sense to only rep a fighting game series, known for its wide cast, with the basic protagonist - and Blanka is my favourite of the SF cast.
  12. M-rated games are underrepped, gritty games are underrepped, Western games are underrepped - these 3 things were all being kept in mind heavily for 3Ps. CJ is a somewhat humourous pick that would catch people off-guard and get people talking - but, like Steve, makes perfect sense when you step back and forget about the Smash discourse and fan rules.
  13. Sub-Zero basically has the same reasoning as CJ, even if not exactly as memetic. I chose Sub-Zero over Scorpion simply because I think ice is more unique, with there only really being one character in Smash who is mostly ice-based. Also a bit interesting as a series that has infamously flopped in Japan. MK also has an interesting role in Nintendo history, which would give SZ's inclusion a bit of irony factor.
  14. Kratos is the most iconic PlayStation character, and falls under the gritty Western M-rated camp. I think I would want to encourage a Nintendo-based audience to learn more about PS.
  15. PaRappa supplements Kratos as a sort of way to say to Nintendo fans "hey, PlayStation does silly kiddie stuff too!". A lot of PaRappa fans haven't played the games, so it's very likely that he has a bigger fandom overlap with Nintendo than any other PS character. Also technically the first rhythm game (this title is somewhat dubious, but mostly correct) so a nice game to honour. Also a me-pick, as should be obvious
  16. Master Chief fills the big 3 criteria I was looking for, and also properly represents Xbox after two non-Xbox-associated Microsoft reps.
  17. Nintendo fans don't like Call of Duty - at all, it almost has a cryptid-like status where nobody in the Nintendo scene knows anything about it, but hates it for... killing platformers or something (which it didn't). Ghost is probably the most controversial non-echo on the roster for this, so I guess you could call him an "evil pick". I think a game this big should probably be represented somehow, and it'd be nice to try and quell the sheer hatred Nintendo fans have for COD, even if it'd be at its most intense before the reveal sets in. Ghost was chosen because the mask gives him a slightly more stylised edge.
  18. Adventurer? Want to teach Nintendo fans about history, simple really. I chose the square over the dragons/ducks/seahorses because well... playing as a faceless square is funny, and feels more representative of "character design" of the era.

Now, the echoes, these were a little more driven by personal bias.
  1. Dr. Bowser is THE joke pick. I have no non-comedic justification for him, that's why he got in. Just a weird, obscure, excessively nonsensical pick who gets a quick laugh every time you hover over him on the CSS. While I like Igglybuff and Small Mario better for this role, I think that Dr. Bowser benefits from being more obscure (being from a defunct mobile game), the sheer juxtaposition of a powerful monster being a professional heathcare expert, and technically being a mixture of two Smash characters. It all just culminates in something very bizarre and questionable, wheras Small Mario and Igglybuff are well known characters in their own right regardless of how frail they are.
  2. Paula is just a very obvious pick - all of Ness' moves are from her, why wouldn't she get in as an echo? Plus, she is really the true hero of EarthBound all things considered. I think having female echoes of male characters is a very good thing to do, so people who want to play as a woman but like the moveset of another character could have an option.
  3. Malos was a response to a mistake I feel I made with the initial version - an overcorrection on "anime swordfighters".
  4. While the other 2 retro picks are third party, The Amazon is for the retro Nintendo fans specifically. I also think cross-series echoes are fun, and The Amazon makes a lot of sense since few of Incin's moves are that heavily themed, while Pro Wrestling is a very popular NES title.
  5. The Classic Sonic games are near-universally regarded as the series' peak, so it's frankly a little bizarre as is that the series' representation leans so much towards the modern games. Hell, I could imagine Modern Sonic being the one with the echo e and adjective in his name this go around.
  6. Most of the 3P picks here are general gaming history picks rather than Nintendo picks, with Blanka as the main and barely-counting exception - Roll is here to somewhat remedy that, so the Nintendo side of the fandom gets a pick they're more familiar with in the 3P pool. I chose her over ProtoMan for the same reason I mentioned for Paula earlier.
  7. Zack Fair was added for the same reason as Malos. Additionally, FF is such a big deal that it'd be strange to not give it a 3rd rep.
  8. Giana is a historical curio, which I think is fun. I regretted not putting in a microcomputer rep (I couldn't think of one who didn't overlap somehow with Adventurer), and I think having a rip-off game represented as an echo fighter is just very cheeky and clever. This Giana would have a design similar to her original version instead of the Twisted Dreams version to further drive in the intent as a microcomputer rep, but would also be less ugly and a little more cartoonish, sorta like a reverse Pit. I think it's nice to represent something Nintendo were previously against, like with Sub-Zero earlier.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
That hasn't happened yet?

Probably already asked this, but HWYR if the next Smash had EIH and this newcomer roster?
Most of those characters are at least likable, even the obscure one there, so I would like it.

I've seen top best and worst Mortal Kombat Fatalities list, HWYR if some fanboy made a list of top 10 best and worst Smash Bros assist trophies? And Waluigi was ranked at #5 and not #1 for the worst assist trophies.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Meh....not interesting

HWYR if Bandai Namco announces a Klonoa 3?
Both Klonoa and Bayonetta are obscure, but likable videogame characters, if Bayonetta's series got a 3rd mainline installment. I would like to see Klonoa's series continue too!

HWYR If the obscure but likable videogame characters Quote (Cave Story), Isaac (Golden Sun), Spike (Ape Escape), and Agent 47 (Hitman) all got nendoroids. There have been nendoroids of obscure characters already.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I mean i like the idea alot although think id still prefer a main line Fire Emblem if that was on the table.

HWYR if Nintendo fully aquired the rights for Fatal Frame/Project 0 from Koei Tecmo

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Pretty cool I have more adult ips under their beltw. Hoping they actually did something with it and just don't let it get burried

hWyR IF Zelda didn't win game of the year at the game awards and another game did?

Last edited:
Pretty cool I have more adult ips under their beltw. Hoping they actually did something with it and just don't let it get burried

hWyR IF Zelda didn't win game of the year at the game awards and another game did?

View attachment 380627
If Zelda wasn't on the table, I believe Baldur's Gate 3, Spider-Man 2, or the Resident Evil 4 remake would get in.

But I would find it HILARIOUS if Mario Wonder grabbed the game.

HWYR if Nintendo and Namco created an Anime Smash Bros spinoff with the latter's licenses?

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
That could actually be really cool. I don't know the exact list of ips but that does give us all the big shonen jump ips, gundam, digimon, sailor moon and more. I actually don't hate that idea at all honestly

hWyR IF the next smash has a rouge like mode like NASB2

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
That could actually be really cool. I don't know the exact list of ips but that does give us all the big shonen jump ips, gundam, digimon, sailor moon and more. I actually don't hate that idea at all honestly

hWyR IF the next smash has a rouge like more like NASB2
I wouldn't mind, just as long as there was more variety

HWYR if Akuma was the Street Fighter Assist Trophy in Ultimate instead of Guile?

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Meh,i'm not a Rouguelike fan

HWYR if Drifting Dimansions have an Addams Family crossover season? (And talking of DriDim,i'm still waiting Wa3 giving posts of DriDim)
dridim is on an indefinite break

anyway that's be cool. I'd hope it was the tv series but original comics is fine too (and a Jenna ortega skin ofc)

hWYR if NASB 2 has two more dlc packs: New franchises, and returning veterans

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
dridim is on an indefinite break

anyway that's be cool. I'd hope it was the tv series but original comics is fine too (and a Jenna ortega skin ofc)

hWYR if NASB 2 has two more dlc packs: New franchises, and returning veterans
I’d be more interested in the returning vets.

HWYR if both Waluigi and Piranha Plant were playable?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. It took until this question to even know of such character

HWYR if we got Super Smash Bros Melee HD?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
No disrespect intended, but Smash would be better off rebooted from scratch to have more balanced franchise representation.

HWYR if in Simpsons did a parody of the obscure horror film franchise Ju-On.

Last edited:
Top Bottom