• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Not too unexpected, since we did something like that last year with Nightmare Before Christmas. Exact reaction would depend on the franchise, though.

HWYR if Clubhouse President got added to Smash?
It depends on if he is a playable characer, assist trophy, spirit, or just a mention of name.

HWYR if Akira (Virtua Fighter) got promoted to playable in Smash 6. But in return, Chris (Sonic) gets an assist trophy. Chris is another one of those notoriously hateable videogame characters out there alongside, Micah (Red Dead) and the Postal Dude. Both Sonic and Virtua Fighter are Sega Franchises.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
That's will be great

HWYR if Persona 6 will be related on green color?
That means that Persona 3-6 would be based on the four primary colors. YES Green is a primary color of light!

HWYR if the obscure, but likable videogame characters Spike (Ape), Demi Fiend (Megami Tensei), Asuka (Senran Kagura), and Spiritia (rosenkreuzstilette) all got NetNavi OC counterparts made by a MegaMan Battle Network/MegaMan.EXE/RockMan.EXE fanboy?

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Not Interested

If Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 3 introduces Assists, HWYR if Nick Jr. and Nick Sitcoms characters where that instead of playable characters?

Not Interested

If Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 3 introduces Assists, HWYR if Nick Jr. and Nick Sitcoms characters where that instead of playable characters?
I'd be okay with that position for those characters. At least they're in the game.

HWYR if the next Puyo Puyo game had them obtain superpowers?

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Cool for fans. A cute idea on where to take the series

hER if Infinite Beyond's third party character was Spyro

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I'd be fine with that. Trading Corrin for Elma, and then trading Byleth for Azura.

HWYR if Amy Rose got her own solo game in the future, like Tails and Knuckles used to?
Once again Amy is another love exalted character, so I would love it.

HWYR if in Smash 6, Bomberman gets promoted to playable, and Demi-Fiend (Megami Tensei) gets a deluxe mii costume, with a full head instead of just his hair. Dante (Devil May Cry) and Bayonetta are both present in Smash Ultimate, and both Bayonetta and Demi Fiend are obscure, but likable Sega characters. That said It would be nice to see both Bomberman and Megami Tensei (Outside of the Persona sub series) crossover within a single game. Of course there are millions of fans who enjoy particular obscure media without a doubt!

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Uh...i think that The Legend of Zelda and Metroid makes more sense

HWYR if Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl got Rabbid as guest fighter? (Context:a cartoon called The Rabbids Invasion)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Uh...i think that The Legend of Zelda and Metroid makes more sense

HWYR if Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl got Rabbid as guest fighter? (Context:a cartoon called The Rabbids Invasion)
Well, if it means no Rabbids in Smash, right? …R-Right?

HYWR if Byleth, Pyra & Mythra, Min Min and Banjo & Kazooie were added to the base game?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Well, if it means no Rabbids in Smash, right? …R-Right?

HYWR if Byleth, Pyra & Mythra, Min Min and Banjo & Kazooie were added to the base game?
All of those characters are likable at least.

Speaking of Banjo, back in 2021, Capcom released Ghosts and Goblins Resurrection over a decade after the last game in that series came in out in 2010, so HWYR if Microsoft released a brand new Banjo-Kazooie installment sometime in the 2020s?

I'd be cautiously optimistic about a new BK game, but my initial reaction would be heard from Alpha Centauri.

HWYR if MultiVersus was a Nintendo exclusive?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
I'd be cautiously optimistic about a new BK game, but my initial reaction would be heard from Alpha Centauri.

HWYR if MultiVersus was a Nintendo exclusive?
I wouldn't be impressed, tbh.

HWYR if the next Smash game was co-developed by Sakurai and the developers of the NASB games?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be impressed, tbh.

HWYR if the next Smash game was co-developed by Sakurai and the developers of the NASB games?
It depends on how well or terrible the game is received!

Since MegaMan.EXE/RockMan.EXE and Demi Fiend (Megami Tense) are both obscure but likable JRPG characters, HWYR if some fanboy made a VS MegaMan.EXE/RockMan.EXE Friday Night Funkin' mod that was a reskin of the VS Sonic.EXE Mod that replaced all the characters with obscure but likable videogame characters.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Not really interested in FNF.

If NASB3 included Assist characters, HWYR if some of the old characters from NASB1 and NASB2 returned as that.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I'm not sure about that.

HWYR if Waluigi got promoted to playable in Smash 6, and not only did his Piranha Plant got demoted to one of his special moves. But his moveset parodied other rival characters from media.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
It would kinda suck since Marth is the face of franchise but some people would be happy.

HWYR if Nintendo and Universal made a halloween Mario movie short based on "Micheal Jackson's thriller" where Mario & co dances to the song like in Jackson's music video?
That’s be pretty funny, but I’d prefer for there to be a twist.

HWYR if Byleth in Smash worked like this:
A button initiates light attacks (which use the Sword of the Creator) and Y button initiated heavy attacks (which use Amyr, Areadbhar and Failnaught).

FazDude

Smash Master
Eh... I'd rather they act like Ryu/Ken's tilts and their light/heavy functionality.

HWYR if Super Mario Bros. Wonder introduced Wario and Waluigi as playable characters through DLC?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
Eh... I'd rather they act like Ryu/Ken's tilts and their light/heavy functionality.

HWYR if Super Mario Bros. Wonder introduced Wario and Waluigi as playable characters through DLC?
YEEES

HYWR if the base game replaced Piranha Plant with Bandana Waddle Dee as Fighter #70, was delayed to December 2019 to add:
  • 71. Byleth
  • 72-73. Pyra / Mythra
  • 74. Min Min
  • 75. Banjo & Kazooie
and this was the DLC?
  • 76. Joker
  • 77. Hero
  • 78. Crash Bandicoot
  • 79. Estelle Bright
  • 80. Terry
  • 81. Steve
  • 82. Chun-Li
  • 83. Dr. Eggman
  • 84. Sephiroth
  • 85. Ring Fit Trainee
  • 86. Kazuya
  • 87. Sora

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
It would kinda suck since Marth is the face of franchise but some people would be happy.

HWYR if Nintendo and Universal made a halloween Mario movie short based on "Micheal Jackson's thriller" where Mario & co dances to the song like in Jackson's music video?
Reminds me of those Halloween specials once again.

2 Years ago, when discussing about duelists painlessly tributing/sacrificing monsters in Yu-Gi-Oh! somebody mentioned, "What if pokemon trainers had to sacrifice their weaker pokemon to summon their more powerful ones"? So HWYR if there was an alternate universe in Pokemon where that was the case.

Reminds me of those Halloween specials once again.

2 Years ago, when discussing about duelists painlessly tributing/sacrificing monsters in Yu-Gi-Oh! somebody mentioned, "What if pokemon trainers had to sacrifice their weaker pokemon to summon their more powerful ones"? So HWYR if there was an alternate universe in Pokemon where that was the case.
It would actually make the evolution part of Pokemon a lot more impactful, if you ask me.

HWYR if Banjo and Steve were cut from the next Smash game because Microsoft wanted to copy-and-paste their movesets into THEIR Smash-alike?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
It would actually make the evolution part of Pokemon a lot more impactful, if you ask me.

HWYR if Banjo and Steve were cut from the next Smash game because Microsoft wanted to copy-and-paste their movesets into THEIR Smash-alike?
That’s be cheeky, NGL.

HWYR if these were Link’s alts in SSBU?
  1. Champion’s Tunic
  2. Hero of the Wild set
  3. Old Shirt
  4. Hero of Time set
  5. Royal Guard uniform
  6. Hero of Twilight set
  7. Nintendo Switch T-shirt
  8. Dark Series set

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Too many green tunics & no fierce deity (assuming he still isnt young links final smash) is disappointing. Would be better if they made Twilight Tunic Blue & Time Red.

HWYR if all fire emblem characters got cut & we only had Alear & Past Alear as seperate characters each using half of engage's emblems.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
No disrespect intended, but I'm not sure what to say about that.

HWYR if Coconut Fred was an assist trophy/TV Assist in multiversus. Coconut Fred is hateable, so it would make sense.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I wouldn't have a response since I wasn't born. I guess it'd be a personal character arc of learning to respect the other series.

HWYR if the next Smash added Just Dancer as the first playable Ubisoft rep?

I'd prefer Rayman, but I can learn to enjoy the Just Dancer in Smash.

Speaking of the limbless wonder, HWYR if the next Rayman game took inspiration from the Captain Laserhawk TV series?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
That is not a good idea at all. Maybe if they just took something small like "Rayman as a news host" or "Rayman as an immigrant from an alternate dimension" it could work though.

HWYR if the NASB 2 got 2 more DLC packs, containing

Pack 2:
  1. CatDog
  2. Hugh
  3. Angelica
  4. Otis

Pack 3:
  1. Odie
  2. Oblina
  3. Vexus
  4. Powdered Toast Man

Top Bottom