• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Not really happy, because for the Ultra beasts I want Blacephalon or Poipole.

HWYR if Hollow Knight's Hornet got in as a playable fighter?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I would just go "eh, whatever".

HWYR if the next Mario Kart was a soft reboot designed to compete with CTR by adding more complex mechanics and obscure characters? (Stanley, Wart, the Paper partners, the Ware cast, e.t.c.)

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would be happy. (Shame that the roster has too many babies and clones.)

HWYR if there was a new Wario Land on the Switch with Waluigi and Shake King as playable characters? (Wario/Waluigi and Shake King would try to settle their rivalry against each other with a truce.)

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Wouldn't really care about it that much.

HWYR if the next Mario Kart's roster was same as the current Smash roster(including the unknown dlcs)?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd be happy, but also really weirded out at the prospect of Bayonetta in an E-rated game

HWYR if Tails, Knuckles and Eggman all got in as separate characters with separate slots and unique movesets, but counted together as Challenger Pack 7, alongside a free update that gives Sonic a classic facelift and brand new moveset?

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
That's three in one. A great deal. Sonic needed some newcomers.

HWYR if Isaac got promoted?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd be happy for his fans, but pretty disappointed there's a new swordfighter.

HWYR if Miis were excluded from the next Nintendo console, but in their place the next Smash added an option to draw or model your own character (think Drawn to Life) with the moves Miis once had?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'd be happy for his fans, but pretty disappointed there's a new swordfighter.

HWYR if Miis were excluded from the next Nintendo console, but in their place the next Smash added an option to draw or model your own character (think Drawn to Life) with the moves Miis once had?
Meh. I’d prefer Miis at that point.

HWYR if the game for the next Nintendo console was Smash Ultimate Special Edition with new characters, stages, bosses, etc.?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would be happy.

HWYR if we got Fighters Pass 3 and these are the characters? (This one would have 8 fighters.)
1. Bandana Dee (Kirby)

2. Amaterasu (Okami)

3. Poochy (Yoshi)

4. Heavy (Team Fortress)

5. Shake King (Wario)

6. Crash (Crash Bandicoot)

7. Toxtricity (Pokemon)

8. Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
I would be happy.

HWYR if we got Fighters Pass 3 and these are the characters? (This one would have 8 fighters.)
1. Bandana Dee (Kirby)

2. Amaterasu (Okami)

3. Poochy (Yoshi)

4. Heavy (Team Fortress)

5. Shake King (Wario)

6. Crash (Crash Bandicoot)

7. Toxtricity (Pokemon)

8. Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim)
Yes to some, meh to the rest.

How would you react if Min Min was the ARMS character for CP6?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind some SEGA representation.

HWYR if the Indoraptor from Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was a fighter with Indominus Rex as a boss in Classic Mode?

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Neutral. For a Planet Robobot rep I prefer Susie.

HWYR if Kim Kapwhan got added after FP2, and can pull off this?
i15028992823.gif

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would be a bit confused at this Vince guy.

HWYR if we got 2 new Zelda reps for Smash and they turn out to be CD-i Ganon from Faces of Evil and the Guardian itself from Breath of the Wild?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
I would be a bit confused at this Vince guy.

HWYR if we got 2 new Zelda reps for Smash and they turn out to be CD-i Ganon from Faces of Evil and the Guardian itself from Breath of the Wild?
Guardian I’d prefer as a mini-boss, but CD-i Ganon? HAHAHAHAHA no.

HWYR if Crash was revealed in June AFTER the ARMS character?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team

HWYR if a Halo collection came to Switch, but only for every game before 4?
Meh. Not that into Halo.

HWYR if Alph was an Echo Fighter of Olimar, and had this moveset I made for him:

Intro: Same as Olimar’s.

Stance/Idle 1: Same as Olimar’s.

Idle 2: Same as Olimar’s.

Idle 3: Same as Olimar’s.

Notable Palette Swaps: Brittany, Charlie, Alph, and then the rest of Olimar’s alts.

Walk: Same as Olimar’s.

Jog: Same as Olimar’s.

Dash: Same as Olimar’s.

Damage: Same as Olimar’s.

Jump: Same as Olimar’s, except now there’s a triple jump using the Winged Pikmin to briefly hover.

Crouch: Same as Olimar’s.

Movement Speed: Same as Olimar’s.
Size: Same as Olimar’s.
Weight: Same as Olimar’s.

Weapon of Choice: Alph enlists the help of 2 Winged Pikmin and a Rock Pikmin instead of Olimar’s 3 normal Pikmin.

Jab: Alph sends each Winged Pikmin to quickly tackle the opponent (7%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Same as Olimar’s (9%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Same as Olimar’s (7%, small knockback)
Up+A: Same as Olimar’s, but the Winged Pikmin spin around instead of Alph jumping and spinning (8%, small knockback)

Air+A: Same as Olimar’s, except Alph spins two Winged Pikmin around himself (11%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Same as Olimar’s, except Alph karate chops the air (12%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: The Winged Pikmin lush whoever’s behind Alph (9%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Same as Olimar’s, but with the Winged Pikmin going in different directions.
Air Down+A: The Winged Pikmin take Alph and ram him into the ground; he bounces back up when he hits an opponent (13%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Same as Olimar’s (11%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Same as Olimar’s (9%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: The Winged Pikmin rush in to lift up Alph, hurting anyone around him (8%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: The Winged Pikmin propel Alph forwards (21%, medium knockback)
Up+A: The Winged Pikmin fly vertically upwards and slam opponents above Alph (17%, OK knockback)
Down+A: The Winged Pikmin circle around Alph (16%, OK knockback)

Grab: Same as Olimar’s, but with the Winged Pikmin.
Pummel: Same as Olimar’s (1%)
Forwards+Throw: Same as Olimar’s (10%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: The Winged Pikmin let go of the opponent, fly up a bit, amd the tackle the opponent (12%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Same as Olimar’s (13%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: The Winged Pikmin fly high up, and them soar back down to pile drive the opponent (15%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Rock Pikmin Pluck; by holding B or pressing it three times, Alph pulls out a Rock Pikmin. Pressing B near the Rock Pikmin allows Alph to carry it like a heavy item.
B + Forwards : Rock Pikmin Throw; Alph takes the flower head of the Rock Pikmin and tosses it at the opponent (24%, medium knockback)
B + Up : Winged Pikmin; the Winged Pikmin carry Alph as they all fly to safe ground. When a Rock Pikmin is being carried by Alph, it has the weight of Olimar’s three Pikmin.
B + Down : Rock Pikmin Whistle; Alph calls back the Rock Pikmin to his party.

Final Smash: End of Day; same as Olimar’s (10% (launch), 10% (ascent), 15.1% (Red Bulborbs), 10% (descent), 12%/10% (explosion); 57% total, devastating knockback)

Gimmick: Like Olimar, Alph uses Pikmin as a means of resource management. However, there are some differences:

-The two Winged Pikmin can never be lost
-The Rock Pikmin has the weight of Olimar’s 3 Pikmin
-When the Rock Pikmin is picked up like an item, it can be dropped on opponents (12%, OK knockback). When B + Forwards is used, the power is slightly increased by 1.1x.

Taunts: Same as Olimar’s.

Winposes: Same as Olimar’s.

Icon: Pikmin series logo

Boxing Ring Title: Astronaut in Training

Victory Music: Pikmin series victory theme

Kirby Hat: Alph’s hair and nose.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would be happy for another Echo Fighter.

HWYR if both Lincoln Loud and Godzilla got into Smash as a duo fighter?
(For example, their Side Special has Lincoln grab Godzilla's tail as he swings the kaiju around like a club.)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
What. the. (and I cannot stress this enough) ****. Who's idea was this? Nickelodeon's? Toho's? Sakurai's? Why? Who would they even co-relate these two characters? They're polar opposites!

on a similar note, HWYR if Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network teamed up to make a crossover platform fighter starring their characters - and not only is it good, it's good enough to be treated seriously as an eSport?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
What. the. (and I cannot stress this enough) ****. Who's idea was this? Nickelodeon's? Toho's? Sakurai's? Why? Who would they even co-relate these two characters? They're polar opposites!

on a similar note, HWYR if Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network teamed up to make a crossover platform fighter starring their characters - and not only is it good, it's good enough to be treated seriously as an eSport?
Err…good on them, I guess.

HWYR if Cloud used his English voice clips from the FF7R in a Smash Ultimate rerelease?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I wouldn't really care (that being said, I'd be very excited about a Smash Ultimate rerelease)

HWYR if Nintendo released ports of some of their lesser known retro games (Mole Mania, Drill Dozer, Kuru Kuru Kururin, StarTropics, e.t.c.) on rival platforms?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
I wouldn't really care (that being said, I'd be very excited about a Smash Ultimate rerelease)

HWYR if Nintendo released ports of some of their lesser known retro games (Mole Mania, Drill Dozer, Kuru Kuru Kururin, StarTropics, e.t.c.) on rival platforms?
I’d be depressed because then people would be begging nonstop for Mari to come to their respective platforms.

HWYR if, instead of WoL, Smash Run came back and took place in Dracula’s Castle?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Wouldn't really care - not a Marth player.

HWYR if Nintendo went 3rd party after the Switch, and just like the Monkey Ball devs making an F-Zero game as soon as Sega went 3rd party, the Rhythm Heaven/WarioWare devs make a PaRappa game for Sony?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
Wouldn't really care - not a Marth player.

HWYR if Nintendo went 3rd party after the Switch, and just like the Monkey Ball devs making an F-Zero game as soon as Sega went 3rd party, the Rhythm Heaven/WarioWare devs make a PaRappa game for Sony?
Eh, that’d be alright.

HWYR if the Switch was 200gb and Smash Ultimate could handle a proper Melee-esque Adventure Mode?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd be pretty disappointed, Excitebiker would've been better

HWYR if they did a similar reveal to the ARMS reveal, promising a GBA rep - with the options of Isaac, Jill (Drill Dozer), Starfy, a mystery Mother 3 character, Kururin, Andy (Advance Wars), Vaati, Tap Trial Girl or Land Wario - and it ended up being Jill?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
I'd be pretty disappointed, Excitebiker would've been better

HWYR if they did a similar reveal to the ARMS reveal, promising a GBA rep - with the options of Isaac, Jill (Drill Dozer), Starfy, a mystery Mother 3 character, Kururin, Andy (Advance Wars), Vaati, Tap Trial Girl or Land Wario - and it ended up being Jill?
I’d be slightly disappointed with that from the lack of DeMille alone.

HWYR if Balloon Fighter got into Melee?

Top Bottom