• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Main and Why

Zolom

Smash Apprentice
So far I've been able to pop em up on average of 3-4 times. As long as I let them sink into my character for the double hit and low knockup, I can chain it. As for Warios d-smash, sadly, no, it cant just be teched and shielded. His d-smash is also a shield breaker. If you do get up and shield, youll either be left with nearly nothing, or its gonna break. Even if you manage to tech, shield, and try to roll away, any decent player will anticipate this and perform a side-b, which has armor and increases in power the longer it runs. In other words, teching, shielding, and rolling back, away from Wario results in a timed side-b that is unavoidable and at pull power, which always results in at least being knocked over the ledge, if not killed. Normally, a combo like this requires the anticipation, thus, it requires skill, however, it was all made possible by 1 d-smash, if not 2 or 3 to rack up easy damage. Again, normally 1 move allowing such a combo is just fine, but the area of effect is just massive.

I'm no stranger to Fox's shine spike. Been around for a very long time and is possible to avoid, just difficult. Its on of those things you need to do your best to avoid before it even gets close to started.

For the record, I am by far from a pro, and my experience is, admittedly, rather limited. Everything stated about the "unfairness" of some abilitys is just an opinion, and probably shouldn't be taken very seriously.

GoblinGamerKid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gobbblin
3DS FC
3738-0091-4970
I main :bowser: in Project M I thought it would be interesting to use someone that usually sucks and put him to good use and I thought it would be completely hilarious to beat other people with him on a competitive level but it turned out hes pretty broken in Project M so my idea kinda turned around but I still wanted to use him and I find him really fun to use :laugh:

And I secondary :luigimelee:

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Well, let's see...

I started with Sheik, because she's cool as hell. Being high tier helped.
Then I migrated to ZSS because it seemed like a pretty easy transition.
After ZSS came Lucas, because he's criminally fun.
I seconded Mario around this time, but dropped him before too long because he's really basic. Still fun and good, though.
It didn't take long to realize that I'm far too bad to play Lucas properly, so I started playing Wolf.
I still play Wolf, but very recently I've been trying out Pit, because his arrows are silly.

Who knows what tomorrow may bring?

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I really like that DDD's L canceled Fairs chain into his sweet ass grab game so easily.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
ZSS.

Because of the sheer amounts of fancy and funky-fresh things you can do. Her down-b divekick is really easy to platform cancel and looks super fancy when you do. Not to mention that it has invincibility at the start, so you're flying around and jumping off dudes like it's nothing. Chaining goomba stomps is fun, too. Also juggling heavies across the stage with nair chains. Up-B whips when you're underneath a platform your opponent is on. Long lady legs make her tilts really good. Also, her run speed is absurd and hilariously fast.

And the fact that this exists: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25909

ZSS for president.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Lucario
to me he seems much better than brawl
He is faster has an awesome aura system
And that forcepalm air spike
Recovery actually damage

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love grabbing and gimping. Truly I do. My favorite characters have almost always been great at that. I mainly played Marth and Sheik in Melee.

I feel like DeDeDe encompasses a lot of that. He's kinda slow on stage, which I normally don't go for, but I'll be goddamned if he doesn't have some great grabbing and gimping skills.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Bowser because it feels awesome playing as such a powerhouse. Plus he's easy mode when it comes to techskill which is really nice in high pressure tourney sets.
Wario because I'm a fanboy and it turned out he's amazingly fun to play (and unlike 2.1 he's actually good).
Zard because of Metroid :p

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
I play Squirtle because I love pokemon, and I thought the little guy was going to be both amazing and fun to play. Too bad he turned out only fun to play :)

I also play Fox because I'm a fraud and I like to UpSmash ppl
Also pressing hella buttons and looking flashy at the same time is fun too.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Falco because casuals get angry.

Marth because Melee.

G&W because he's like Marth.

Lucario becuase he's fun.

D

Deleted member

Captain Falcon, because he was my main in Melee.

Link and Luigi for the same exact reason.

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
Marth because the ability control space and alter my opponents playstyle feel good to me. Spacing is probably the single most rewarding thing in all of smash. How could you not love a character entirely based around dancing your opponent to submission?

I also dig Fox a lot because technical ability always feels rewarding, even if I'm not able to pull off anything spectacular. Spending 6 months away from a controller isn't healthy, ya know?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I was playing smash with the crew and they said to pick the worst character which we assumed was game n watch, so I chose him. I wrecked them all and have been playin game n ever since.

Sizzlorr217

Smash Cadet
Lucas because of dat Jump Canceble Magnet-Pseudo Shine and overall "spacie" feel.
Oh, and Lucas' DACUS. 'nuff said.

JayAlpha

Smash Rookie
I main Lucario because I love his new Aura system, his up tilt and his playstyle.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I play Squirtle because I love pokemon, and I thought the little guy was going to be both amazing and fun to play. Too bad he turned out only fun to play :)

I also play Fox because I'm a fraud and I like to UpSmash ppl
Also pressing hella buttons and looking flashy at the same time is fun too.

Pikachu's USmash is stronger.

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
I'm digging the heavy(er) weights in the game. Bowser's mah boi, recently followed by DDD. I'll admit to ******* around with Wario (jeebus, what a character) and especially 2.6 Link. Dude practically has an answer to anything now.

Crescent Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Oddly enough, when I played melee, I was a Marth main, because I stink at pressing buttons fast, and still wanted to win, so I chose Marth, however I subsequently realized that camping by the ledge hoping for a grab, and still losing is pretty damn boring, so when I got Project M, I took the opportunity to switch to Falcon, best decision ever. My playstyle is alot less boring, I have more fun, and I'm more motivated to get better. That said, when Kirby comes out, he will be joining Marth as one of my secondaries, he's just too easy to root for.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Ivysaur, since I really liked her since Brawl but the whole "pokemon stamina/tiredness" really turned me off, and the fact that the forced switch leads to Zard (I really don't like Zard, at least in Brawl, PM Zard is a'ight), Also it's sort of a ranged (non sword related) game and also the variety of projectiles.

Actually as I said before, Ivy really made me download PM (DLed 2.1 expecting to see Ivy but still enjoyed the game)

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
I main in Project M I thought it would be interesting to use someone that usually sucks and put him to good use and I thought it would be completely hilarious to beat other people with him on a competitive level but it turned out hes pretty broken in Project M so my idea kinda turned around but I still wanted to use him and I find him really fun to use

And I secondary
...you really like the color green, don't you?

OT: My favorites are:

Ness: He can piss off both the opponent and the player whenever he is picked. Amazing aerials, crappy tilts, YoYo shenanigans, poor grab range, spectacular PK2 finishers, abysmal PK2 recoveries, DJC Magnet mindgames, crying whenever Fox or Falco is picked. It is the equivalent of playing a masochistic Charlie Brown who also happens to be an arsonist.

Shiek: Needles are the most satisfying special move to use in the game. Boost Grabs for assassination missions, fair *****slap of doom (you know you got schooled when a female ninja *****slaps you), tilts that could juggle the opponent like a helpless dead kitten for days on end, and her Fsmash just because it looks fancy. Oh, and the S&M chain for ****s 'n giggles every so often.

G&W: He feels like playing a flea jacked up on cocaine who works nights at Waffle House (Then again who DOESN'T do cocaine at Waffle House?). Other than dtilt burger flipping, sunny-side up smashes, dair french fry of death, fending off angry customers with a chair, GTFO UpB whenever the restaurant inspector comes into town, and his salty bacon strip storms...everything else he does is kind of crappy or doesn't flow well with the rest of him. Angry Turtle and S'mores Fsmash are alrightish though. Judgement is hard to pull off but when you do, you become the ****ing Burger King of the day. Sword wielders can still turn G&W into a mean paper-mache salad though. DK can slap him flatter than a McDonald's patty, and most of the upper-tier characters can take him out faster than you can say "fast food" (or "take-out" for that matter), but he's still loads of fun to play.

Bowser: Project M BR, I love you. That is all.
----------------------------
Sonic 2.6: ...Project M BR, I hate you. That is all. </joke>

yahyakun

Smash Cadet
I main Peach, Marth second, DK third and i like ike, wolf, mario, meta knight and zss.
the rest of them i can play with them decently. except for diddy and 2.6's sonic.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I swap around with characters, but I guess I would main Mario. Primarily because in the days of Melee and Brawl, my friend would use Luigi and we would have fights. When things started to get heated in a game, or he started to win, I would in my best Mario voice say "Luigi, I'ma keeeeel you" as angry sounding as I possibly could. He was never very good though, so as much as I loved using Mario, he was always at a disadvantage against most, til Project M and Mario started taking his vitamins.

Other than that, I play around with a bunch of other characters, though I guess Pit would be a close second, especially after Kid Icarus: Uprising gave me a reason to appreciate Pit outside of Smash Bros.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur. She has extraordinary walling capabilities and fantastic combos, two of the qualities that I prize most dearly in characters.

I'm considering picking up Marth for similar reasons.

I also greatly enjoy Mario and Ganon as secondaries for their comboing prowess.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Just a question... Why does everyone refer Ivysaur as a "she"?

AncientPancakes

Smash Cadet
I like playing the fattest characters in any game, so I main Bowser. And I also play alot of DDD, Ganon, DK, and Wario.

Top Bottom