• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Main and Why

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
I did one of these for Melee, now I'm doing one for P:M

so, yeah, title says it all.

For me, well...it's in my signature xD because Fox is VERY fast, has a good projectile, good throws, and the best DD (IMO), and Shine.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I always wanted to main Sonic in Brawl but ended up not doing so due to the fact that he is not able to win tournaments. When I saw PM I figured Sonic would be really good with Melee physics and so.. it ended up coming true.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Cool! What do you like about him? Just plain speed? His Spindashes? He is a little broken right now but I'm sure they will be able to fix him next release without making him any less awesome :)

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Cool! What do you like about him? Just plain speed? His Spindashes? He is a little broken right now but I'm sure they will be able to fix him next release without making him any less awesome :)

I have always been a diehard Sonic fan since I was very young. I love his speed, his personality, and how awesome he looks lol.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Samus because I love Metroid games, though I've also gotten good with Jiggs and Peach in Melee. So, Peach for now in P:M. I've always preferred floaties, but Jiggs gets pretty boring to play for a while.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Marth or Ike tie for my main. Why? Because I love Fire Emblem. It also helps that I can adapt to nearly every play-style with a bit of practice.

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I just watched some of the Zenith 2013 vid.s with Wizzy here and hes really good! Dat Mew2 vs. Wizzy. Wizzy 3-stocked him. You could change the future of PM pretty good!

My fav. is probably right now Donkey Kong. Why? IDK. I'm in that season of "Oh- I changed my main to Ike! No wait, now I changed to Lucas! DK is right now definately my main!"

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
The Legend of Zelda games were my favorites as a kid, especially Ocarina of Time, so when we got Smash 64 I started playing Link and enjoyed every bit of his annoying ass spammy projectiles and the Dair of death. Played him in every smash game since and the P:M version is by far my favorite.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
The Legend of Zelda games were my favorites as a kid, especially Ocarina of Time, so when we got Smash 64 I started playing Link and enjoyed every bit of his annoying *** spammy projectiles and the Dair of death. Played him in every smash game since and the P:M version is by far my favorite.

Nice! I love Links projectiles! I like Toon Link even better, because Spirit Tracks is one of my favorite Zelda games! I love Wind Waker too! It's also one of my favorites!

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I have always been a diehard Sonic fan since I was very young. I love his speed, his personality, and how awesome he looks lol.
I can relate to what your saying, I always bought the sonic games( regardless of how terrible they were) because sonic just seemed like cool character. It's nice to see project m giving sonic the love he deserves.

P.S. big fan, only played as sonic after watching you kick ass!

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Sonic usually. It's for your own good to be TOO SLOW. :nifty:

Also, me likey Pikachu. And Falco. And Diddy "BOILING BANANA" Kong. In fact, I have the Boss Boogie theme for when he or Donkey win, to simulate the error screen from Donkey Kong Country 3.

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
Wario because he farts on peeps and doesn't afraid of anything. I love his personality and am rather fond of the Wario Land/Ware series. I just get an indescribable joy out of belly laughing like a maniac after a KO. Me and the Fat Man are bros for life.

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
Lucario and ZSS, because I love having such great mobility and they also share a great combo game as well.

Dron

Smash Apprentice
Lucas because his mobility and combos are absolutely enthralling and I'm a fan of being as fast and flashy as possible when I play competitive games (I sometimes use characters like Lucario/Falcon/spacies as secondaries for the same reasons)

plus Lucas' PM incarnation is completely different than his Brawl version, so I feel like I'm getting a clean start with a brand new metagame to explore in PM - after months of consistent play I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what he has to offer

plus Mother 3 is godlike ;)

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
Was squirtle until I finally realized that he was not what I was expecting :(. Now Wario because he is so fun to play, and such a unique character.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
I main Marth due to my experience with him in Melee, and Link because of how fun it is to work on making use of his projectiles. I use Pit as a secondary because of how unique I find his character to be, and using arrows to stop a recovery is great fun.

Also, Mario because he's pretty fantastic.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Who is manly enough for Wrestlemania well let me tell ya.

Ganon: King of Thieves, Holder of the Triforce of Power, HHYRRUUUUYAAH! He'll choke slam your ass, **** your mom, rob her of all her cash, then Spartan Kick her for not having rupees.
C. Falcon: Races ships at over 1,000 Kmph, The Peoples Elbow, The Knee, The Gentleman, The Drop Zone, Falcon Pawnch. His blazing speed is all you'll need, he'll be tossin three's and dropping knees. Busting out a tripple, up air, got a dair with the power of the nipple, watch out else you'll get smack bout, tossed round with relative ease. When he's done with your girlfriend she'll be saying "More please!"
DK: This giant ape will beat you with his meaty fists, he will pick you up and toss you around, has the power to shake the ground. Quicker than you think, gonna keep you on lock down. Getcha in the cargo combo more famous than Jason and the Argo-nauts. Better barrels rolls than Fox, givin yo lady the hots. Spinning and winning, got the hair, getcha with his nair. Giant Punch.
Charizard: Roar of the dragon's flame leaves your village in a a blaze. Watch out for the wings of doom, a starry death is coming for you. Fire punch, spinning tail, kills you in a flash. He's his own boss, way to strong for Red or Ash,. Watch out, snatch you up. WHAM! Seismic Toss.
Bowser: Boooowser, he's got the pooower, crouch cancel your fire flooooower, ya betta watch out cas this is the hoouuur. Of your demise reach for the skies, but he can go higher, burn you with fire. The Koopa King be chillin like a villain in his spinning shell what the he11, his edge attack has the range of half the stage. Do you really want to step into the cage and face his rage, but if you dare to face his fair, the power of his bair, got armor on his nair. Then you just might to get to see, what he can do with a side b, get scooped up and tossed for such a big guy he has quite the finess. Oh look! He's stealing your princess.
Wario: His name is Wario. Aint just another clone of Mario. Talks like a real man, no shrooms for him, gonna shoulder bash your face in. He's a plane, bring the pain, he takes a bite out of life. He will punch you in the balls and cut you with an uair knife! Do you hear that? No, well wait for the laugh... Wahahaha! Here comes the GAS! Diving and ducking and kicking your dog.Making the tires screech on his suped hog.Now... Speaking of a pig that squeals he's been givin your woman handlebar rides, and I aint talking bout his wheels. He is riding your heels eating your meals. Power bombing you with a dair that rocks 10 Gs. No need to steal your princess cas she comes for free.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Samus is my main in Melee because I played as all the characters in Smash 64 except Samus, so I felt sorry for her when Melee released ( I thought it was a dude at the time). Plus I love spamming the missiles, and comboing with it. It all flows naturally for me

Charizard is my main in PM because of the awesome aerial combos

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Charizard is my main because he's an effing fire-breathing DRAGON!!! Plus, he and Mewtwo have very similar playstyles where once you get a hit in, you want to ride it for as long as you can.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
60/30/10 split between Lucario, Wolf, and a few other characters. Mostly Falcon, Lucas, T.Link and Sheik these days.

I was focused on Lucario in Brawl, but after giving up on that game I knew he was going to be sweet in PM so I gravitated to him immediately. Lucario is pretty awesome in Brawl as well to be honest, it's just general Brawl jank keeping me from enjoying it. Plus he's clearly the best Pokemon ever.

If Meta Knight is any good when he's released, though...things could change.

RKM

Smash Cadet
Charizard, because simply being able to autocancel all aerials makes me happy.
Also tail of justice.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Game and Watch because I like people asking me "He can do that?!", because literally no one has ever really cared about GnW outside of Dtilt and Nair before PM came out.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad people are trying new characters. (Lol, my main is still Fox). I tried the new characters and I really like them, but I love speed. And Sonic and Captain Falcon are just not as fun to me. I really love Fox because he has speed, shine, good aerials, and his blaster is cool too!

P.S. I tried Squirtle and I liked him too! I love his new bubble attack :) Fox is still my main though, I just love his fighting style.

Top Bottom