• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Main and Why

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
In SSBM, Sheik (not Shiek) is 3rd on the tier list.
In SSBB, Sheik is 24th.
You're doing it wrong.
I'm from Germany and here she is called and written "Shiek" not "Sheik" ;) so nothing wrong there. Why am I doing it wrong ? Tier 24th like you mentioned is quite bad, that's why I don't like to play with her in Brawl like I said. Actually I don't play Brawl at all...

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'm from Germany and here she is called and written "Shiek" not "Sheik" ;) so nothing wrong there. Why am I doing it wrong ? Tier 24th like you mentioned is quite bad, that's why I don't like to play with her in Brawl like I said. Actually I don't play Brawl at all...
You misused 'broken'. A broken character is an extremely good one, not an extremely bad one.
Yeah, I know, that's not intuitive. Silly English people and their silly language.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
You misused 'broken'. A broken character is an extremely good one, not an extremely bad one.
Yeah, I know, that's not intuitive. Silly English people and their silly language.
Oh ok ^^ well in my case I mean she's not as good as in Melee.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I think people can pretty much guess who my main is... :p Although, I find myself better and having more fun with Mario, Link, Fox, and Meta Knight. :ohwell:

Sonic is my main because I love the blue hedgehog ever since I was a kid. Watched his tv shows and even played his controversial Sonic 06 game... Just not really feeling that same spark right now for him.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
Nitpicking but a broken character doesn't always mean an extremely good character, although it does usually imply such. Broken tends to refer to a character with a trait/traits that defies the usual rules/logic of the game, and because of that trait, the character tends to be very good. In smash that would be a projectile that can't be clanged out/hit, a move that can't be crouch cancelled and/or DI'ed (Peach D-Smash doesn't count as you can CC it, you just don't want to), or an attack that has abusable invincibility frames (although an attack with any invincibility frames could be considered broken but it isn't good unless you can abuse it). A Broken character can also be bad for similar reasons but instead the trait harms the character, such as a move that can't be L-cancelled or a grab that doesn't go through shields or has no grab armor (although grab armor would be considered broken if it wasn't universal)

Anyways I'm nitpicking. I just prefer people to use Over/under powered instead of Broken unless it truly is broken.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I actually have a hard time keeping mains. Since I tend to playtest unfinished characters (since they're the ones that need playing), my "main" keeps ever changing. I feel like I'll only have my main when the game gets its official release and that I'll have tons of secondaries, lol.

In smash 64 though, I mained Fox, and in Melee, I mained Roy and used Falco as my secondary, so you could say I have an affinity for fast-fallers.

NWRL

Smash Ace
My main in P:M is Falcon and my secondary is Wolf. Huge fan of F-Zero and Star Fox, and Falcon's play style is fun as hell. Wolf's combo game is fun as hell too, he's the best designed Space animal imo.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Jigglypuff because she is one of the characters I use in SSBB (favorite character TBH but I don't main her because she sucks) and I love how she is just better in this game in almost every way.

Windstar120025

Smash Apprentice
Lucas and Sonic. Lucas cuz his aerial game potential is GOD-like to me, DJC combos are so easy to connect. Has great shine, OU and smashes are amizing even with nerf, oh and like i said stupid good aerial potential cuz of one his n-air (pinwheel) and his F-air- (the missing Link), then the seemingly unknown ubber up-b finishing combo!!!!

Sonic cuz i can spinn trolland tuant cancel while having speed on my side. plus having stupid ledge games doesnt hurt. 9my oppinion is not of ur concern)

LHdrummer30

Smash Rookie
My main is Falco. I have always loved him and fox. and where there is nothing quiet as satisfying as up-smashing the piss out of my friends with MR. McCloud, I think the fluidity in which falco moves is unmatched. I feel so in control when I play. Also I feel that Fox is more useful with small 1-2 combos, where falco just seems to be able to string them together for ages. I love coming up with killer combos, and that is what makes falco great. Also that ****ing down spike man. I short hop that **** by the edges and just end people.
in Melee Samus was my 3rd after the space duo, so I can't wait to add her along side Falco, Fox, and Bowser (That side smash doe.....) as my mains in P:M

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Luigi, because he has all of his mobility from Melee, coupled with all of his power from Brawl. Not to mention his combo game is even better in P:M he can 0-death pretty much everyone, and his amazing wavedash makes him pretty much just as annoying as Sonic, he can store misfires, and shoryuken!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Marth just due how good and fun to play he is.
Marth is one of my secondaries, I don't really know who my main is honestly there are so many fun characters, I like Mario, Ivysaur, Peach, and Wolf a lot too.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Toon Link. Wind Waker's awesome and I've grown to love how he moves in and out of offensive and defensive play through the use of his projectiles. He's not annoyingly campy nor does he do a ton of rushdown. I feel like I spend a lot of time observing my opponent while throwing out tons of potential combo starters. Plus, the reaction I get out of doing 'Rang -> Bomb -> Arrow -> Dair is priceless.

mudkyp

Smash Apprentice
I currently main Ivysaur and Zelda with a nod to Sheik and/or Peach.

I love Ivysaur for the challenge of having perfect spacing and baiting, and I love retreating bairs. All of her throws are great and they lead to great DI mix-ups for bomb seed or other follow-ups. She has OPTIONS.

I like playing Zelda because of the funnel of Naryu's Love and her drop lightning kicks. Her fair and bair have been buffed so well, I can't get enough of it. Her Din's Fire is perfect for setting up combo walls or forced the opponent into a path of an approaching aerial.

Peach and Sheik are bread and butter but Sheik's down throw gets it POP. That's about it!

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I used to main Samus in both Melee and Brawl, but I dropped her since I didn't like her floatiness and lack of kill moves.

Last summer, I picked up Doc Mario as my main in Melee, and I had my main changed to Lucario in Brawl a while before, but then I started playing Project M instead. I main Lucario in PM now.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I main Mario because I love his games. Super Mario World was my first game. Plus, I always enjoyed his average skill. I enjoy him in all the Smash Bros. games. So it's pretty much tradition.

Fox is another main, I started using him in Melee more after playing Star Fox Adventures. Most of the characters I main are do to personal interests, and not with their abilities. I do, however, end up learning their unique abilities as time goes on and from seeing other high level people play as them. I learned a lot through just visual observation.

My newest addition to my mains has to be either Wario or Toon Link. I didn't like them all too much in vBrawl, but Project M really fixed them up and made me enjoy them.

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
I wish. Hasbro wouldn't have it. :p That's why we don't have Fighting is Magic. My actual main is Sonic though. :sonic:
If I'm not mistake Fighting is Magic got a cease and desist order some time ago.

I've been maining Zelda a lot lately. I like how a lot of her moves have little next to no knockback to planning to have my foes thrown into planted Din's is a fun mind gamey task.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
If I'm not mistake Fighting is Magic got a cease and desist order some time ago.

You are not mistaken, good sir. Although Lauren Faust is working with the same guys for an original game inspired by Fighting is Magic.

Zelda does have potential, but I wonder if it is enough for her to step out of Shiek's shadow.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I'm one of those people who loves one series and plays most of the characters from that series. That series for me being the Mario series and all characters relating, so Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Wario, DK, and Yoshi (Peach isn't very fun to me though, lol).

I'd honestly play, in some way, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., or even Toad if they were available in Smash 4, just because they fit in the series of the games I love.

Main-wise in PM though, I am stuck. I mained Doc in Melee and Wario in every version of Brawl I've ever played, but I really like that Mario is now back up to snuff. So I am now stuck playing both Mario and Wario in tournaments.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I'm one of those people who loves one series and plays most of the characters from that series. That series for me being the Mario series and all characters relating, so Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Wario, DK, and Yoshi (Peach isn't very fun to me though, lol).

I'd honestly play, in some way, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., or even Toad if they were available in Smash 4, just because they fit in the series of the games I love.

Main-wise in PM though, I am stuck. I mained Doc in Melee and Wario in every version of Brawl I've ever played, but I really like that Mario is now back up to snuff. So I am now stuck playing both Mario and Wario in tournaments.

Do the Mario! :mario:

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
ZSS and a secondary Meta Knight(For now, only played for 3 days). I chose them because I wanted to try out new characters, so I made sure I didn't pick anyone from Melee originally. I watch brawl a decent amount and play it a very small amount. I saw Salem do amazing stuff, especially with dsmash, I always thought that with Melee mechanics would be sick, with someone who could stun. Also Leffen's ZSS was sick and I wanted to do more so I picked her. I picked Meta Knight second because he is who I "main" in brawl, but I dont really play it competitively, but I'm familiar with movesets.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
I main marth because he is a good learning tool for me. He lets me space, punish when I get a correct read, and rewards me for learning. He also punishes me when I make a mistake on the ledge or when I get greedy.

My secondary is puff as well. I play her for the fun of my friends. I show newbies to Project M (or smash in general) not to rush into my uptilt>rest, and we all get some laughs out of it. I also have a really cute parka on her that makes me happy when I see her <3

This makes me so happy. I'm losing my manliness...

Urielhelix

Smash Cadet
I would have to say Ganondorf is my main. I am pretty new to super smash. didn't really play melee or brawl, but around the begining of this year i just picked up PM and fell in love. And I started to play ganon after awhile cause it was the only player that made me learn the mechanics of the game the fastes. the more i played him the more i got better at the game as a hole. It also realy help me with my timing in my chinese boxing and to get my thumb dexterity back. Had the tendont reattached.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I elect Parka-puff as a alt costume. I'm one of those people that sticks with mains that define their series as well, as I play a lot of Marth, Ike, Mario, and the occasional weegee. I'm also really digging Lucario, showing his moves off at speeds that make Falcon curl into a sad little ball of tears. I need to get myself to a serious Smashfest before I can settle on anything, but these characters have really meshed with me, and I can jazz and evolve with them mid match, which is a good reason to keep them under my belt.

Fortress

Smash Master
Mario, ever since Melee. He's got a well-rounded combo game, no glaring flaws, a solid recovery game, and he hits hard when it counts. He's got neat little tricks that can quickly take opponents from 0% to 70%, and he's got a killer wavedash to boot.

I dislike the idea of saying my secondary is a close tie to my main (I assume most people frown upon the idea of having two 'mains'), but Link is a very close second. Mostly out of an obligation to play because of how much I loved and grew up with the LoZ series, and playing him since Smash 64, he's just much more fun to play now. The tiny little buffs he has more than make up for his flaws from before, and now that I can combo with the guy, it's even more fun than ever.

Of course, all I've played for the past two weeks is Weegee, so there's that. Slipping and sliding and chopping all day.

The Super Mario Bros Super Show Ending is literally my notification ringtone, so I actually do do the Mario!
I have that song set over one of the songs on Delfino Plaza at the moment. Rest in peace, Captain Lou.

DeadHeadFred

Smash Rookie
I main Ness.

I picked up Ness back in the N64 days solely because his "PK FIRE" shout pissed off my friends (Super annoying).
With each installment of Smash Bros, Ness hardly got changed at all which made it easy for me to transfer game to game so I decided to just keep working with him because it's familiar to me.

I've always preferred Ness over Lucas too. Let's face it, PK Pulse kicks ass

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
Mario: Because the people I beat badly blame it on cc d-smash and fireballs when they're really just getting outplayed by my well spaced attacks and fireballs. +Cape mindgames.
Fox: On wifi he ****ing sucks. Offline he's a beast. Still needs to be nerfed even though I love him.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link because of his creative pressure with DEM BOMBS...and his other two items. Plus he has a nice little combo game if you know how to hook stuff together.

"ME ANGRY!"

lami

Smash Journeyman
I main Snake because of how he plays. The CG and spike and C4/Mines are just so fun to play around with. And I have experience playing Snake from Brawl. :p

Top Bottom