• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your first EVER character.

fissionprime

Smash Apprentice
ssb64: first character i believe i played in a match was kirby, first main was link
ssbm: first main was zelda/sheik
ssbb:first character played in a match was ike, first main was yoshi.

TehDudeAbides

Smash Rookie
I would play teams with a friend in melee and I played as mewtwo, he'd be Pichu. I would trap the CPU's in my Mewtwo ball (?) and he'd charge Pichu Skull Bash.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
When I played 64 for the first time, I didn't hesitate... Yoshi! But then progressively I traded him for Fox, and later on, for Captain Falcon, and became a member of the school of awesome manliness. I didn't own Melee, but the first time I tried (at a friends' place) I went for Captain Falcon again, but then I shifted towards Falco. A few years later, I got Brawl, played Fox for the first time, and found out my best choice was still Falco.

If you don't want to read above, here is an abreviation:

First time --> N64: Yoshi, Melee: Captain Falcon, Brawl: Fox
Mains --> N64: Captain Falcon, Melee: Falco, Brawl: Falco

Pikatwo

Smash Rookie
The only reason I even got into the smash series was because of Pikachu. Heck, the reason I found out about smash in the first place was because years ago it was mentioned on the Pokemon website.:laugh:

So I pretty much stuck with Pikachu and (later) Mewtwo, after that I picked up Ness as well.

(Would you believe that I used to think EarthBound was a TV sci-fi series before smash? I thought Pokey was the main character, lol.)

Flame Beast

Smash Rookie
64: Link: Because i love Ocarina of Time, then i realized he sucked (unfortunately) and switched to Kirby because i liked to copy enemy moves.
Brawl: First i used Pit, because he looked cool, but then i got bored of him. I wanted to use Link, but unfortunately, he sucked compared to Toon Link (which i don't like).
Prior to the game release, i wanted to use Ganondorf or Sonic. But i don't like Ganondorf because they nerfed it, and then i switched to Sonic, but i sucked with him. So i tried Ness, and i loved it, he has a f**** awesome bat, a yo-yo, psichic powers, he's awesome and cute, and i love his PK Fire. So now he's my main (althought i have lot to learn) and i have started playing Earthbound. :bee:

terry12312

Smash Rookie
link, ocarina of time was the best game I played on 64 so picked him in 64 version(mained him). Melee, also link (never had a gamecube but a friend of mine had just got his gamecube and melee and he was a bit over excited xD). In brawl also link, just to follow the tradition(and my god I suck at playing as link so I moved on to maining toon link)

btw sorry if I created a new thread, I'm new to the smashboards and I have no idea if I'm posting in a topic or creating a new thread xD

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
In SSB64, I played Link and Pikachu mostly, but after a while I moved on to my current SSB64 main, Captain Falcon. I never liked Melee, so I barely played it, but when I did, I was CF or Link. In Brawl, I first mained Pit on the first day the game was out, but since, I've changed a lot, to currently a Falco main.

Jack13090

Smash Rookie
64: Kirby (always a big big fan of the series)
Melee: Ganondorf (being the badass overlord of evil he is, I couldn't refuse)
Brawl: Dedede (the minute I saw him revealed on the Smashdojo, I knew I had to use him. And what luck, he's been epic ever since.)

.Marik

is a social misfit
Mario, but that was only because I hadn't yet unlocked Luigi.

Unlocked Luigi, and then mained him.

Fell in love with Yoshi, who turned out to be a better choice for me, and ever since then, Yoshi has been my main.

<3 :yoshi:

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
I started off with Smash64, so let's see.... I started with Link since he was my favorite character at the time, AND he has a SWORD, huge plus. Then I grew into Falcon and Ness.

As for Melee, I started with Link in that one as well. After a while though, I picked up Samus once I started competitive play. Never touched Link since.

Then in Brawl, my first was also Samus, who I chose at the Gamestop Release Tournament.

Gindler

Smash Champion
64- yoshi...i loved yoshi in every 64 game
melee- yoshi...still loved him even when I learned he sucked, but I'm "alright" I guess
Brawl- Yoshi...they increased his cute factor, may be even cuter than kirby *gasp*

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
Well

-SSB64 was Link, I used to love the Zelda games... and he had a sword :p
-Melee was Falcon, after playing 64 for a long time, Falcon was my best so I continued in Melee
B-rawl was Wario, I loved the Warioware and WarioLand games, so I tryed him out and liked him, but hes not my main anymore.

½NIÇK½FBM

Smash Apprentice
64= no clue
melee= no clue
brawl= lucas...........................................................no clue why I picked HIM.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
in order;
SSB: Kirby, Link
SSBM: Samus, Fox, Roy, Pikachu , Fox, Mario, then Fox again
SSBB: Captain Falcon, Fox, then ? not sure anymore...

Mr.Black

Smash Rookie
On the 64 my character was Fox
Melee it was Luigi
Brawl was Pit

I don't play any of those characters anymore.

DyranMahBoooiii

Smash Cadet
Since my parents wouldn't buy me the first Super Smash Bros, I had to grab Melee. So when I got that, I grabbed Link because I'm definately a LoZ fanboy. I ended up liking him because of all his projectiles and picked him up in Brawl again.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
SSB64: Link. He had a sword and that was all I needed to know.
SSBM: Zelda. She could transform (two characters in one!) and she's Zelda.
SSBB: Zelda. I mained her in Melee so I just continued with her.

YumeMaxx

Smash Cadet
Being the massive Kirby fan I am, when SSB64 came out I played nobody but Kirby. Later on, I decided to use Mario as well.

When Melee came out, I tried to continue using Kirby, but obviously, I found out he pretty much sucked. SO I started to experiment and discovered that I liked playing as the next best thing- Jigglypuff.

Then came Brawl and once again, my at-the-time main (Jigglypuff) was rendered useless, but now I had 3 Kirby characters so I didn't care. The first Brawl character I ever picked up was Dedede, who I still enjoy playing to this day.

Random Question

Smash Cadet
Mine was Pit. Before the game came out i watched a trailer for it almost every day, and Pit looked so coool with those arrows you could guide . I had to try him out. Of course now i will not touch him haha.

Top Bottom