• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favorite oppenent

PK Webb

Smash Champion
who your favorite punching bag. Mine is Ganon, he is so slow and easy to gimp:laugh:.

uberlock

Smash Rookie
Discounting CPU's and online, Ike. Out of all the people I play offline with, he is easiest to combo, granted none of us main, say, DK or Ganon, but still, Ike seems easiest. Especially since fr me anyway, Ike is a good mtchup for both Sheik and Zelda, and I switch for the KO alot.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
People with either Ganon or Bowser body types.

Ganon: Snake, Link, Captain Falcon, Ike.
Bowser: Donkey Kong, DeDeDe.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
ike, there are others but he is definetly one of those characters that doesnt require zelda to finish at all, unlike rob >_>

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
i don't use zelda to finish rob, i just edge guard until he runs out of gas which gives me ko's at as low as whenever i can hit him off -___-

g&w, i can combo him pretty easily until 80% where i can transform and get a kill

KRDsonic

Smash Master
My favorite opponent with sheik is Ice Climbers, because it's so much of a challenge and it's such good practice for avoiding grabs.

My favorites for when I feel like having an easy win: Fox, Wolf, Captain Falcon (Fair gimps his recovery so bad it makes me feel bad).

demodemo

Smash Ace
snake

lool my friend's snake isn't that great, but it is still fun tossing the top tier guy around :D

it is satisfying watching myself accidentally die at like 50% to a snake fsmash, but then come back and proceed to **** him to oblivion.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Snake for sure. I love the matchup as both sides have some heavy strengths against each other. Sheik can combo and juggle Snake fairly easily, and the needles cause all sorts of problems for him. Snake on the otherhand... has F-Tilt and U-Tilt to KO Sheik at like... 90% :( Heh. Great challenge and a fairly even matchup overall.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
i don't use zelda to finish rob, i just edge guard until he runs out of gas which gives me ko's at as low as whenever i can hit him off -___-

g&w, i can combo him pretty easily until 80% where i can transform and get a kill
rob's make a habit of going over me and use nair whenever I get near them to prevent me from attacking them whenever I get a first edgeguard as sheik. which leads to me grabbing, hitting them off and the process repeats until i just give up transform to zelda and smash/lightening kick/u-air him to the point of no return

Villi

Smash Lord
The Ganons I face aren't punching bags >.> He is easy to gimp though. I feel bad gimping Ganon... he'd be such an alright character without such a crappy recovery.

I love sparring with Captain Falcons and ZSS. Something about the tights.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
1 - Marth. he seems to have a lot of ways around Sheik's usual tricks, so playing him tends to expand my game and make me work on my spacing and on edge recoveries, since his edge game is so crazy.

2 - Snake. Something about fighting a Snake just makes me think smarter and play better, plus there's always that added bonus when you beat them, that you can beat an S-Rank character with a C-Rank character.

3 - Metaknight. I have an excuse to lose.

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
I can't really say character wise, but player specific someone who knows what they're doing, makes me think more. finally feeling a sense of enjoyment even the heat of battle.

SD14

Smash Cadet
i like fighting falco cause when you win with 2 stocks left they are like OMGWTFBBQ needling his recovery is so fun :)

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Snake. If I get completely owned I can either john about his broken hitboxes or if he plays campy, i can blame his grenades and mines.

Complete seriousness though, I like fighting a good Marth. It's a good challenge to watch your spacing and practice your gimping ability to win. Fighting a good Marth helps me do better against a lot of characters after constant practice.

Top Bottom