• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Young Link Discussion

rhan

Smash Hero
I played Melee with some Alabama players Friday.

And I came to a decision.

YL v Falco is easy compared to YL v Fox.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
what does that mean? r they equally bad b/c i sort of thought yl vs ether spacie was bad. or does it mean its not as bad as u first thought? b/c i remember hearing yl vs falco was harder then vs fox.

rhan

Smash Hero
Good Fox's are unbreakable. At least YL v Falco is winnable. I have seen the error in my ways. I had to bust out Link just to go even with the Fox player there. Even then I don't think I won any.

But I wrecked so much face with YL. Too bad they weren't recorded. I would have made you guys proud. <3

But yeah they're both hard match-ups but since Falco is slow, recovery sucks (And easily gimped)/has a lot of stuntime when hit/etc. it makes it easier to fight against. Lasers aren't extremely hard to get around. Still annoying but as long as you can get inside and land a decent hit it's easy to combo him to death. Fox on the other hand is fast as ****, recovery is crazy good, shine is as fast as lightning, yada yada it's harder. You can't really land a hit when he's all over the place and dodging everything you throw at him. Plus his kill options aren't easy to live from than Falco's since he kills upward (most of the time). YL's light. If he gets sent upward he's pretty much dead (reason why I was going even as Link cuz he's heavy as ****). Against Falco you don't have to worry about dying upward. It's mainly sideways and downward (Spike) And if you Smash DI accordingly you can live from his f-smash. His dair is another story cuz you kinda need something to tech off of.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
was at a tourney today, and i played some friendlies with young link. first I beat a pika, then later i won a ylink ditto. it was pretty fun

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hung out with some friends and my ylink did some work. I beat some sheiks and samus the other day, I think my ylink is sort of legit at least for friendlies.

bump

D20

Smash Lord
It was ugly. Although, to be fair, both of us were messing around a bit. I lost by one stock both games... but I am pretty sure that I would have only taken a stock or two if he was playing more seriously.

rhan

Smash Hero
YL v Fox is already ******** as ****. Idk how playing against M2K would feel...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you'll be fine. the guy seems to complain about unknown matchups (and he'd most likely go sheik)

camerino1

Smash Lord
I was playing with some friends a few days ago, and it turns out that my YLink is MUCH better than all of my others, even Roy. I'll probably keep up with YLink moreso from now on...

What is everyones favorite combo? Mine has to be D-throw > u-tilt/smash > u-air. I need to work on my projectile game a little more, though, that's for sure.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
I love tricking floaties with retreating wd -> dtilt -> dair. Not very efficient, but works at VERY high percentages.
Chaining bairs against mid-weight/heavy characters that DI pooly (don't want to be knocked far off stage) is quite fun as well.
My absolute favourites would have to be arrow -> firespike and waveland -> slipoff reverse nair -> firespike (both on Aniolas' Sheik, the first around 130%, the second around 40-50%).

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I can't believe you put "ylink" and "offensive" in the same sentence.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Playing ylink offensively is a nightmare, just as playing puff against a defensive ylink is a nightmare.
For those of you who have seen the movie "In Time": I'm thinking of making a combo video consisting solely of the match where Armada runs the clock on Hbox (game 3, KJ64, Gen2), then have the scene where Will Salas' mother get's timed out and he cries with her in his arms, tagging Will as "Hbox" and his mother as "Jiggs".

=D

Top Bottom