• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

you ungrateful *******s, post here: Lucario General Chat v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
You don't say that until someone had already said, "We're entering Corneria City now."

PS: I know that joke was unfunny, but I couldn't think of anything else to use that line/reference
LOL That was pretty good actually, if you've been in the Houston thread lately you'd know that him and a few other people have just been spamming Star Fox lines.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
You don't say that until someone had already said, "We're entering Corneria City now."

PS: I know that joke was unfunny, but I couldn't think of anything else to use that line/reference
Well I lold... So it wasn't that bad...

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Wow yesterday in Toronto, Canada was the weirdest weather, the sky was green. I honestly was shocked and it was amazing but yet weird. A green sky? Before the green sky we had a mega storm, I don't know what it had to do with it but it was weird.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
It was so weird, but after it went green it turned a orangish colour. I know because the power was out so there was nothing to do but watch the sky change colors. :) The weather sure is weird.

hough123

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm back from my "vacation." :laugh:
I'm going to try and start posting here more regularly, and thus help out more.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
HEY! Welcome back from that "vacation." Just to fill you in we think Bear left and we discovered a new infinite combo for Lucario while you were away.

jokes. :)

hough123

Smash Ace
HEY! Welcome back from that "vacation." Just to fill you in we think Bear left and we discovered a new infinite combo for Lucario while you were away.

jokes. :)
I have a plan about how to get back into the game, first being find a tourney. I also need some wifi training eventually so that I can break off some of this rust.

What is this I hear about Close Combat? It seems pretty cool from what I've read in the last 5 minutes back.

Also, what happened to that one guy who led us? (His name escapes me at the moment.) **** **** **** RJ I MEAN RJ! *forcepalms*

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hey guys, I'm back from my "vacation." :laugh:
I'm going to try and start posting here more regularly, and thus help out more.
Great, now I can exploit you for labor at a sweat shop get maybe some more input in the MU thread.
Trela and I have been talking about moving things along into a more tactical direction, but I'm making a move after one last thing happens.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I have noticed that the Lucario words have been peaceful recently. So this brings up the question, WHERE DID BEAR GO?

bored. discussing anything here is really pointless, and we're going over intuitive matchups. I haven't left, but I just lurk and never post anymore. the only reason I'm responding to this is because FWK showed me the post.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
^^^

I'm guessing that you are new around here and have been lurking?

Uh, hello? ^_^;

bored. discussing anything here is really pointless, and we're going over intuitive matchups. I haven't left, but I just lurk and never post anymore. the only reason I'm responding to this is because FWK showed me the post.
For some odd reason I miss Bear's flame/rants. ;_;

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Everyone misses a good de****bate, especially if I bring out my amazing logic and knowledge skills.

Plus I ****ing love flaming some new***s.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
yo wat up.........
ahhh yes. welcome back Hough. while you were gone, Rockettrainer came back, RJ became semi active, Bear became inactive, MK had a ban poll, and threads nowadays are either gonna switch owners, get a revamp, or get replaced. oh and to the new guy, Hi and welcome. Its a bit boring around here, but new stuff is cropping up.

Edit- oh and dont try to incur the wrath of bear's "amazing logic skills"

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
ahhh yes. welcome back Hough. while you were gone, Rockettrainer came back, RJ became semi active, Bear became inactive, MK had a ban poll, and threads nowadays are either gonna switch owners, get a revamp, or get replaced. oh and to the new guy, Hi and welcome. Its a bit boring around here, but new stuff is cropping up.

Edit- oh and dont try to incur the wrath of bear's "amazing logic skills"

Bear is actually really really smart in the debating department.

He is however, as you all plainly has seen, is quite brutal :dizzy: far too much but hey what are you going to do

EDIT: WELCOME BACK HOUGH <3

hough123

Smash Ace
Thanks guys :D
I knew about the MK poll, the debate swung me from neutral to pro-ban. Although I knew that he wouldn't get banned =\

I'm now looking for a secondary that can at least tie DDD, Marth, Olimar, and optionally MK. So far with MK has MK leading with a 57.5 average, with the next best being 50:50 with Falco. I'll try it without MK next, but any good suggestions? I'd rather not pick up MK, but it looks like I may have to D:

(I am becoming more neutral about it though, seeing as I'd only use him in four MU's. I fear that eventually I'll start using him as an emergency plan and he'll overshadow my Lucario T.T {Ridiculous I know.})

EDIT: Bear is like a bear in a business suit. It has a killer debate, and doesn't take very kindly to the idea of it being "Wrong."

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've been liking D3 as a secondary, plus marth as well for G&W, olimar, and some other slightly icky MU's I have troubles with personally.

hough123

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna lie, I love some analogies.
I have a way with "Bear" analogies. Assuming you were talking about me ;)

I'm about to do some math to check some averages against Olimar, D3, and Marth. I already did one with MK, but I was at a friend's house and couldn't save =\

I do recall that the best under Falco's 50:50 was Wario and someone else's 48.25 advantage D:

I'll edit in the results if no one posts, so post for my +1 =3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Marth is a pretty good choice. Covers Olimar, he does slightly better against Snake if you do it right, Diddy and Wario can be a bit easier, and Dedede is slightly easier. You would have to get used to not having a projectile and you must have very good spacing. On the other hand, you have a very good spike for edgeguards. :)

I've considered Marth for mostly Olimar and Wario though. Maybe for Snake if it came down to it.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I recommend just learning the matchups and focusing your time learning Lucario thoroughly. It saves you time, and Lucario doesn't really get heavily countered by anyone. He just has approaching issues. If anything, your matchups will only be difficult if you don't learn Lucario's options. I'm not saying that only bad people second chars for matchups, but Lucario is different imo.

edit: **** you FWK.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Fair for FF'ing purposes. Dair is somewhat useful for stopping momentum, but really, it's actually not helping you enough to put it into use. I only use it out of a bad habit.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well, I went to Most Powerful Shinobi.

It was really fun.

For singles, I got paired with Kirk in my first match. His Ike three stocked my Link. :/ Afterwards I took him to the last stock with Lucario, but still lost.

I got a bye then faced a Link who was working at the arcade I was at. I two stocked him with Lucario, then three stocked him. That match was fun and really surprised me how I lived till 270% on battlefield.

Then I got paired up with a really friendly guy, don't remember his nickname, I fought in friendly's earlier. I took him to the last stock with Link and Lucario but still lost. His Ike and Snake were too good.

I stuck around for Street Fighter 4, I love playing Sakura and Ryu, the people who actual came for the tournament beat all of the smash people. Mostly I just played friendlies to learn more. Fox is a ***** to fight with Link, Fox can combo the crap out of him and his shine edgeguarded me, twice. I played fox over and over with Link trying to figure out how to overcome being juggled over and over.

All and all, it was worth the one hour drive, and the seven dollars.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario is good, but some matchups are just bleh...at least that's how I feel.

Also, character choice can limit a person's potential. A good example would be KOS-MOS. He's amazing with Peach, and yet he loses to Snakes, not because of his own ability to play but because of Peach's limitations. But now that he has picked up Meta Knight as a secondary...dear god.

It's sad that Brawl is defined by character matchups for the most part. :ohwell:

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
WTF!?

FlamewaveK uses revolution?

Lucario is good, but some matchups are just bleh...at least that's how I feel.

Also, character choice can limit a person's potential. A good example would be KOS-MOS. He's amazing with Peach, and yet he loses to Snakes, not because of his own ability to play but because of Peach's limitations. But now that he has picked up Meta Knight as a secondary...dear god.

It's sad that Brawl is defined by character matchups for the most part. :ohwell:
well...good thing that there are so many characters huh? ^_^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom