• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

you ungrateful *******s, post here: Lucario General Chat v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I was checking out the strategy wiki that phi1 posted and this caught my attention in their Marth matchup, "Go for style by countering counter with double team!", I lol'd.
I had to read that about 5 times to finally get it. Honestly though you don't have to be stylish to win with your Lucario. Also why are they even suggesting to use DT?

Timbers

check me out
I found another lolzy "guide" from another site about lucario, it's almost as "good" as the IGN video:
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl/Lucario
Especially what it says about the D3 MU:
King Dedede

"This guy is lucario's worst nightmare. His fsmash can kill at 50% uncharged easily. Honestly, the best strategy here would be to just run from him and damage yourself by throwing smart bombs down to bolster your strength. The safest way to go is with the B button, aura sphere, to tack on damage. You can fight in the air, but do not come at him from behind because his powerful back aerial is fast, strong, ranged, and has high priority. You could approach him from above to use aura stomp (in the air), but you may risk taking up to 20% from his upwards hammer drill but suffer little knockback (Dedede-wise), which could be good, but he could also fake you out and hit you with another aerial. "
why have you done this

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Silence, Chewie.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I found another lolzy "guide" from another site about lucario, it's almost as "good" as the IGN video:
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl/Lucario
Especially what it says about the D3 MU:
King Dedede

"This guy is lucario's worst nightmare. His fsmash can kill at 50% uncharged easily. Honestly, the best strategy here would be to just run from him and damage yourself by throwing smart bombs down to bolster your strength. The safest way to go is with the B button, aura sphere, to tack on damage. You can fight in the air, but do not come at him from behind because his powerful back aerial is fast, strong, ranged, and has high priority. You could approach him from above to use aura stomp (in the air), but you may risk taking up to 20% from his upwards hammer drill but suffer little knockback (Dedede-wise), which could be good, but he could also fake you out and hit you with another aerial. "
Lol fail. (and to think i used to go to that place...)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fett was a loser. He got his jetpak broken by a partially BLIND man and got eaten by something that couldn't move around. And he got all emo when his dad's head got chopped off.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
To help out of the all members of the Lucario Boards I believe that we should make a Lucario Move Tier List. This would give everyone better knowledge on the moves and we can dicussion and decide the tier placings in this thread. If you guys think this is worth it I would love to make the thread?

SuperSmashKing009

Smash Ace
NNID
SSK009
3DS FC
0404-7569-9294
To help out of the all members of the Lucario Boards I believe that we should make a Lucario Move Tier List. This would give everyone better knowledge on the moves and we can dicussion and decide the tier placings in this thread. If you guys think this is worth it I would love to make the thread?
I think we should talk about this in the revamping team room.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Here or the revamping team room? It really doesn't matter to me, but I think Phil should make the call because he is our SCIENTIFIC leader.:bee:

SuperSmashKing009

Smash Ace
NNID
SSK009
3DS FC
0404-7569-9294
Here or the revamping team room? It really doesn't matter to me, but I think Phil should make the call because he is our SCIENTIFIC leader.:bee:
oh yea another thing we need to get rockettrainer in the revamping team room. He has lots of info that we could use for the sake of all Lucario's.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I have thought about that...

But I think that goes with the move set discussion.
I'll wait a little before making one.

But I think I should add my opinion, and say it can **** up the game of newer ones for thinking that a move is good and not knowing why...

EDIT: I hate it when people in the backroom get invited to the RV team for the sake of info....
Makes the both teams kinda look more dead and pointless...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh yeah, so I'm on a secret operation in C.A. right now...
okay, not really, I'm just visiting my dad for 2-3 weeks, so I won't be able to come here as often as I used to, but I'll check in every once and awhile.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Im secret operatoins too phil!
Except im in NY, with parents, and missed my only chance to go to a tourney and meet other (IRC) lucario's. (Inui's tourney the other day)
Stupid rental car.
-t2

Trela

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, so I'm on a secret operation in C.A. right now...
okay, not really, I'm just visiting my dad for 2-3 weeks, so I won't be able to come here as often as I used to, but I'll check in every once and awhile.
I NEED TO TALK TO YOU THOUGH!

It's important :o

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
There a big learning curve to picking up Luca? Or naw.

I'm thinking about trying him though. :)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
There a big learning curve to picking up Luca? Or naw.

I'm thinking about trying him though. :)
Well, it is... and isn't.
Near mid-low levels of play, he gets really easy to pick up.
At high levels of play, he has an arguably ridiculous learning curve, and having tools that seem to reach their highest potential only through reading others' mistakes doesn't help for picking, so I'd say yes, he's overall got a different mentality you have to don (with keeping aura modifier in mind and pressure), plus you have to deal with the fact that most of his moves are bit slow on startup (but are fantastic on low end lag imo).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pretty much what phil said is true.

Lucario is hard to win with at higher levels of play because he really doesn't have too many tricks other than his Aura, and you can only take advantage of it if you live to high percents. Considering most of the top tiers can kill somewhat easy, it can be a challenge to survive long enough to take advantage of the Aura. This is also compounded by the fact that Lucario has no protection during his Extreme Speed move which allows your opponent to take advantage of it. Also, most of his matchups versus top tiers are not in his favor.

By no means is he not a tournament viable character, because people have won tournaments or have placed very high with him! But you really REALLY have to work in order to win if you plan on maining just Lucario, and most people find it easier to simply pick a higher tier character for counterpicks or just use someone different altogether.

IMO, I could probably place higher at tournaments if I used my secondary, Marth, more, but I find Lucario more fun. :)

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Hm, I'll try him, but I have no more Wii atm.

And I wrap Marth's RT. Did you see what I did to BlueJay's at Geasis? ;)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I could give you some random tips at whatever tournament we meet at next.

My Marth's not that good. I just took what I learned from RoyR and just added random stuff. We can play some friendlies at the next tournament. :)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Hm, I'll try him, but I have no more Wii atm.

And I wrap Marth's RT. Did you see what I did to BlueJay's at Geasis? ;)
lol I didn't know Marth played RT. Hell, I didn't even know RT was a playable character, is there a hidden character select for him... in a panda outfit?

and did you use Snake against Marth?

*blah blah blah trolls moar*

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Sure, thanks :D

And P4, yeah I did lol.

Also, RT, one of my favorite character to play as. Just the worst though, even below Ganon. So bad, couldn't make it in a tier list. :\

Browny

Smash Hater
congratulations to Mewtario for being the first person I've ever seen to actually quote that properly

I cant count how many times people have said
'how fast is an african swallow'
'what is the velocity of a swallow'
and people who dont know what laden means :p

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion

NO ONE EXPECTED THIS!

And I'm finally back in my own god**** house. Finally. God. I almost killed a **** Coyote on the Highway and it scared the living **** outta me. The glowing eyes....

Now I can probably go to tournaments every week because I've probably finished my driver's license hours.

Yay.

Hai guize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom