• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Must Spam!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Really? I thought you loose the freshness if it is blocked. I have a strange feeling we had this convo before lol
Attacks don't diminish if they are shielded or if they are dodged, or if they miss. So if your attack is shielded, remember to not care, because the amount of damage and knock-back your attack does was not affected.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Attacks don't diminish if they are shielded or if they are dodged, or if they miss. So if your attack is shielded, remember to not care, because the amount of damage and knock-back your attack does was not affected.
Well i knew that if you miss or just do empty aerials its unaffected, but I thought if you hit anything even a shield, it gets worse, i guess im wrong

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
spamming is good to punish defensive, evasive opponents. then they will approach you which they are probably not good at and get beat. it is also good for getting a feel for how your opponent moves, and how complicated his dodge/approach game can really get. So spamming is good for researching your opponent in a hurry i guess. cant forget the decent damage and frustration it does. It can be concluded that it is very useful to spam, but it still bothers me to do it so i just do it in short bursts then continue my sword game cuz that what i like about pit. also, keep the peace and spread the love guys!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I regret being known as a spammer, but in terms of adapting and pressuring, using arrows constantly (depending on ur matchup) is beneficial, especially to Dedede, Snake, Bowser, DK and some others. Of course, you gotta be smart with the arrows.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
hm....so if pits aimlessly spam fsmashes or bairs in hopes of getting a lucky hit or a possible kill does that mean the attacks strenght diminishes?

and hitting with arrows makes them regain strength?

sorry just a tad bit confused by this

kupo15

Smash Hero
kinda, what we were told is that the fsmash and bair do not diminish unless it connects, but arrows do replenish if it connects

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
kinda, what we were told is that the fsmash and bair do not diminish unless it connects, but arrows do replenish if it connects
ah kk thanx good stuff

p.s. i saw your vid and the picture of pit playin brawl wit the wiimote and nunchuck is too good lol

Tamoo

Smash Master
Man, i used to love spammin in my melee days, just used samus for the annoyance value. I only really spam if im playing a particularly defensive character (olimar anyone?) so as to make them approach me because im not 100% confident in my approach play. seems to work well for me

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Man, all this talk of cheapness... If it works, do it. After all, if you're using arrows over and over, I should be learning to shield them. If you're skillfully using arrows, how dare I call you cheap for being good with your moveset?
Cheap to me comes off as "I can't win, so it must mean you're cheating/being cheap.". I know, I've used the excuse in my early Melee days often enough...

The only thing in this game I can really see as being 'cheap' is annoying *******s who run and spam projectiles in FFAs, but even then, you just concentrate on them and make them regret it if it annoys you too much.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Ok. Hitting a shield has no effect on your moves. Same for attacks that do not connect at all. In order for your moves to refresh, your attack has to connect. When your attack connects, the move you connected with diminishes while every other attack in your moveset replinishes. Therefore, by spamming arrows, you are refreshing every other attack in your moveset, increasing the damage and knockback, while diminishing the damage your arrows do.

Example: I continually punish with fsmash for most of your stock. Now my fsmash is diminished. To refresh it in order to kill, I spam arrows. After 10 arrows connect, my fsmash is fully refreshed, so you die the next time I hit you with it.

I'm hoping that cleared up anyone's confusion about the way move decay works aka diminishing/replinishing, refreshing, or w/e else you wanna call it.

As for being cheap, just play to win. Even if your opponent thinks you're cheap, you still won the match and you were the one to move on to the next round, not them. So they can suck a **** for thinking you're cheap. It's their fault for losing to it.

OoD

Smash Rookie
Ah...I don't spam arrows, but I do use them a lot in a match : P. I use like 2 or 3 after a couple of hits, or maybe a lot. I had no idea about this. thx for the news. Also, I had a friend who taught my brother to fight with Pit, he was taught to spam the arrows, whilst I taught myself to fight.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
hm....kk so i saw this and it made me think,

what if on a Fsmash only the first swing hits but not the second like if they di out of it or somethin.

does that count for all of the Fsmash or just for the first swing?

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
I believe if that if even a single hit from Fsmash connects, it just diminist it strength when it ends... but that my assumption. So my guess is even if the first hit of fsmahs hits and they DI out of the 2nd, it still lose some knockback. or else that Nair and Uair could easily recover all knockbacks to everyattack but itself.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Multihits apparently still count as one, Nair, Uair, Jab infinite, Angel Rings, etc. If they count as a combo in training mode they're considered 1 hit. You have to break them up into 10 individual moves. Grab hits are slow enough to count as individual hits some people in the thread said second page.

Top Bottom