• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Must Spam!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm dead serious. If you ever say "Spamming is cheap so I won't do it." or "I don't want to be called a spammer." or "I'm going to prove that Pit doesn't have to spam." then think again.

I figured everyone here already knew this but I'm getting the feeling not many people here do from the way I hear you all talk.

Every hit done refreshes all your other moves. Meaning when you use your Forward Smash, every move but your Forward Smash refreshes a little getting back their knock-back and damage. Many characters find that the Grab-Jab is the best at doing this. It's a move no one really cares about and you can get in a few in a row during a grab. Wolf for example can get a few million of these off during a single grab. However Pit has something better...

ARROWS! Seriously people, stop trying "not to spam" and make sure you're refreshing your attacks whenever you get a chance to. Pit's Fair becomes a somewhat reliable kill move. Sugar Bairs never fail. Forward Smash becomes very powerful. And to top it all off you can use ALL of your attacks as damage dealers.

It takes roughly ten arrows to fully refresh a single attack. Meaning if you mix arrows into your game evenly enough you shouldn't have any problem with stale moves.

Remember, Brawl only records your previous ten landed attacks. Nailing your opponent ten times refreshes all moves not used during that time. This counts the statues on Castle Siege, Shy Guys on Yoshi's and Mario Circuit, Balloon on Smashville and Checkpoint on Green Hill Zone. There are more I'm sure, just can't think of any on the legal levels. Perhaps even the stage itself on Skyworld.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Very true and I agree. This is another reason why we are allowed to spam (besides why the hell not, its our move set). Even if they shield it, it counts for degradation.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
lol, all Pits should use a lot of arrows. They have a thousand uses. From blitzing to mind games and just plain old hitting the foe every 7 seconds. They're the most amazing move in the game. (In my opinion.)

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Thanks for telling me. Now i don't feel bad about spamming them, i just tell my friends to suck it up at eat these tasty arrows.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Wait, so when I tell people to spam, I get scolded?

Wow. Bias much? But in all seriousness, this isn't as redundant as when I said it. -_-

Good stuff.
No, you got flamed because you said that everything else, all of the tricks are useless and should never be used. Spamming is not bad when incorporated in your playstyle, but if you do nothing but spam....yea...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I personally do spam some arrows against Snake, to screw his Grenade game up and such, and against the Cheapest character in the game, aka Metaknight. But if it really refreshes, I'll try it. But then some ppl will call me cheap.

And what about Pit's rapid Jab (spinning bow) attack? Do 10 little hits from it refresh the moves too?

No, you got flamed because you said that everything else, all of the tricks are useless and should never be used. Spamming is not bad when incorporated in your playstyle, but if you do nothing but spam....yea...
So, basically, If I incorporated it in my gameplay it would be.

Spam+More spam+Hit people then spam more=Superb spam.

Yeah, that's how I play basically...

Mith_

Smash Champion
I personally do spam some arrows against Snake, to screw his Grenade game up and such, and against the Cheapest character in the game, aka Metaknight. But if it really refreshes, I'll try it. But then some ppl will call me cheap.

And what about Pit's rapid Jab (spinning bow) attack? Do 10 little hits from it refresh the moves too?
I do believe jabs refresh other attacks. I try to get in a few AAA combos so my other attacks can refresh and I can actually kill with them.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Idk i do use alot of arrows but, i dont like using arrows in a row. It just feels a little cheap to me. I dont like doing anything i would consider cheap. Not because of what people say its just how i feel. I find smashing over and over to be cheap so i barely smash at all now. Meh but idk. Its just how i feel. lol. I like to give the other player more of a chance. And make things more interesting, and i figure the longer they last the more of a chance ill be able to pull off something i would find interesting.

I guess i just play for fun. So im against spam.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I came around a few days ago
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=5539

My basic thoughts are, you should spam when there is something on the line. In a tournament, in a Money Match, you should spam your *** off. Pit's arrows are deadly and you shouldn't disadvantage yourself by moral Obligations.

But People like Ryos, who ONLY play on Wifi and with friends, you shouldn't need to spam. Personally in friendlies i Sandbag so much. Tbh i barely go Pit and just use randoms, than i actually start to laugh and smile.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord

Only different attacks refresh your other moves. For example, if you do the spinning bow, it only refreshes one attack since the whole thing is coming from one attack input or combo. Unless the opponent comes out of the combo and walks right back into it , the attack doesn't refresh for every combo-ed hit. If you time the AAA combo very well so that you don't hit them during the frames of their hit-stun, it counts for three attacks since it isn't registered as a combo in brawl. This goes the same with any other comboing attack. As long as you don't hit them in their hit-stun, it's considered a separate attack to be listed in the 10 moves list for stale move negation.

kown

Smash Lord
hey u say that ten arrows refresh my moves...I assume that means ten hit arrows? im not really sure how move degeneration works....basically all i know is that if u spam a move its harder to kill with...except mks dsmash.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
This has been my philosophy since day 3, and I tell every single pit that I meet that all good pits spam something. Many have disagreed and all of them dontplay pit anymore rather ironic now that i think about it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
So, basically, If I incorporated it in my gameplay it would be.

Spam+More spam+Hit people then spam more=Superb spam.

Yeah, that's how I play basically...
Honestly, i dont care. If it works for you, nice, keep doing it. We just got defensive because you told us we dont know how to play pit and that the tricks we do is useless. That is what ticked me off. Idc what you say, it is effective and on top of that, its fun and makes pit fun and I like doing it. It does not hold me back so when you say stop doing something that actually is working for me, yea we prob will flame or w/e

Since we know Undr is into these tricks as well as us and that he didn't put us down for using them, we receive it better than your thread. Im sure if you made this thread instead of Undr, we would say the same thing

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nah Eternal, people in the Pit forums were awfully defensive at the time of your post. One negative remark made your entire post cannon fodder to other members. =P However it was your post I believe that made think that everyone already knew about this back here.

Anyway I believe multi-hit attacks, including every hit of the AAA following the initial three hits are not counted towards separate attacks.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
if it reads as a combo in training mode then it will not refresh attacks.

also as a side note pits grab attack does not count as a comob so knee them as fast as you can. most other characters have to time there grab attacks to refresh moves, but not pit ^_^

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer

also as a side note pits grab attack does not count as a comob so knee them as fast as you can. most other characters have to time there grab attacks to refresh moves, but not pit ^_^
On that note, don't allow Wolf to grab you. lol

Afropony

Smash Lord
Ok so we must spam arrows and grab pummels before we are about to kill someone so that we refresh our other attacks, Easy

on a side note when do you think you'll stop saying the Pit boards fail forever in your signature EPF?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It would be contradictory for him to remove the quote. ^_^ Plus asking will only prolong the siggage.

kupo15

Smash Hero
on a side note when do you think you'll stop saying the Pit boards fail forever in your signature EPF?
Its a shame that I never got a chance to explain what that thread was suppose to be before it got locked. And now ppl interpret it wrong. Oh well..

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
I believe top players like M2K and Inui have been saying the same thing too. If a Pit truly wants to compete with the best of the best, they must rely on camping. A campy Pit, despite how easy people think it is to overcome, actually presents a force to be reckoned with for many characters. It's not the best way to play, but it's probably the only way if we want to see Pit rise in the Tier List. His tournament results are so lackluster right now.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Thank you Rouge Pit. I needed to see that post. I have gone through the same thing, but I gave up Pit cause I would not spam UNDR any condition. I have changed my mind now.

You know what this means guys? Pit will now get even a worser rep. People just thought he was spammy and flamed us. Now they'll know he's spammy and hate us. <_<

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
This has been my philosophy since day 3, and I tell every single pit that I meet that all good pits spam something. Many have disagreed and all of them dontplay pit anymore rather ironic now that i think about it.
So what do I spam when I was against you, and dont remind me about Fox again...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Camper Pit < Brawler Pit. You've got to mix it up but Pit does his best when he's on top[ of his opponent.

And yes, Saviorslegacy is already using my name in puns. All is well in the Pit forums. ^_^

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I do believe jabs refresh other attacks. I try to get in a few AAA combos so my other attacks can refresh and I can actually kill with them.
Any attack that hits the opponent will refresh your other attacks, it just has to make contact with them and not there shield.

Honestly, i dont care. If it works for you, nice, keep doing it. We just got defensive because you told us we dont know how to play pit and that the tricks we do is useless. That is what ticked me off. Idc what you say, it is effective and on top of that, its fun and makes pit fun and I like doing it. It does not hold me back so when you say stop doing something that actually is working for me, yea we prob will flame or w/e

Since we know Undr is into these tricks as well as us and that he didn't put us down for using them, we receive it better than your thread. Im sure if you made this thread instead of Undr, we would say the same thing
Wow, get off my nuts bro.

I wasn't even on that subject anymore. I just stated that I spam a lot, but do you have to instigate? Look, i'll just leave you with this, if you can't take another persons opinion without bursting into a fit you shouldn't dictate anything over the net, not even your own opinion.

Chill.

Coffee™

I need it....

But make sure you don't pummel (grab attack) at the maximum speed or the whole series of attacks will only replace one entry in the stale move queue. In order for each grab attack to replace a move in the stale move queue there has to be a time between each pummel where the opponent is not in hitstun, and if you pummel at the maximum rate with Pit, there will never be a time like that.
Colin posted this a little while ago.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Wow, get off my nuts bro.

I wasn't even on that subject anymore. I just stated that I spam a lot, but do you have to instigate? Look, i'll just leave you with this, if you can't take another persons opinion without bursting into a fit you shouldn't dictate anything over the net, not even your own opinion.

Chill.
I thought you were replying to me with sarcasm dude. And I was just answering your question without any anger or anything attached to it. You chill. lol

Coffee™

I need it....
wait so pits continuous grab attack diminmishes his other attacks? im confused.
No, You just have to wait a bit before each pummel attack so that you allow the opponent to be out of hitstun before the next pummel hits them or else it will just count as one move.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Less fighting, more United angel talk.

But i really dont see much different if im spammin away at Broken Metaknight or Snake when Im fightin em, but maybe I havent looked hard enough.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Was that sarcasm too? They ended the misundrstanding with a XD There's no greater internet handshake then the XD

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Why are these people so worried about some sort of "reputation"? You don't get a reputation for "playing fair." You get a reputation for winning. If people are complaining because they can't figure out where the shield button is, then its their problem, not yours.

Top Bottom