• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Laugh You Lose: Gentlemen's Club Edition

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Okay, I'm gonna start sharing incredibly ignorant and hilarious tweets with you guys. It's black people humor, sooooooo yeah.

EDIT: I forgot I can't embed **** here. I wish I could embed tweets.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
[collapse=notfunny]I still don't understand this intense reaction to reusing humor. It's not like it's something NEW to the internet/meme era. Things went viral before the internet. (Seinfeld soup nazi, MASH, burning bras, indoor plumbing, etc,etcetcetccttceee.)

And combining old things to get a new one is still creating. Those like the author of that video would ***** for hours at Ford for just combining an internal combustion engine and wheels. Almost all new inventions are made in small increments; someone didn't go home and create the toilet as we know it from nothing. (According to the wiki toilets have been around for at least 5000 years; everyone since that first guy has been entirely lacking imagination and a useless poopsac.) Art is one of the few things where one starts with a blank canvas and produces something "new," (and still it is usually a rip off like Donatello who are just stealing from the Bible with "David.")

In short (or TL;DR if you prefer rehashed overused acronyms,) Ecclesiastes 1:9 "What has been will be again, What has been done will be done again, There is nothing new under the sun." This was known as long ago as Ecc being written; it shouldn't be news to anyone; stop ******** about it.[/collapse]

In other thoughts, wonder if collapse tags are back, and not sure if the image above is appropriate *insert fry image here*

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
[collapse=notfunny]I still don't understand this intense reaction to reusing humor. It's not like it's something NEW to the internet/meme era. Things went viral before the internet. (Seinfeld soup nazi, MASH, burning bras, indoor plumbing, etc,etcetcetccttceee.)

And combining old things to get a new one is still creating. Those like the author of that video would ***** for hours at Ford for just combining an internal combustion engine and wheels. Almost all new inventions are made in small increments; someone didn't go home and create the toilet as we know it from nothing. (According to the wiki toilets have been around for at least 5000 years; everyone since that first guy has been entirely lacking imagination and a useless poopsac.) Art is one of the few things where one starts with a blank canvas and produces something "new," (and still it is usually a rip off like Donatello who are just stealing from the Bible with "David.")

In short (or TL;DR if you prefer rehashed overused acronyms,) Ecclesiastes 1:9 "What has been will be again, What has been done will be done again, There is nothing new under the sun." This was known as long ago as Ecc being written; it shouldn't be news to anyone; stop *****ing about it.[/collapse]
im bored...
[collapse=alsonotfunny]
In other thoughts, wonder if collapse tags are back, and not sure if the image above is appropriate *insert fry image here*
i think its because of the sheer speed any joke made today is run into the ground. like really who the hell at this point thinks the whole Harlem Shake thing was funny or cool? it died out after maybe a day or two. but hey this whole thread is basically people ******** about not laughing cuz theyve just seen it all before or just dont like it...some stuff is just clever and you notice it but you dont really laugh at it you just go "oh, thats kinda clevel/cool/whatever"
so yeah,errybody/pony/whatever stop complaining and post what you think is funny or just stop posting[/collapse]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jskZGWsM9tU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1gwk6sHyq8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw19YcEzOwA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdeXejhTvAE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os0qlE7QFyY

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer

In short (or TL;DR if you prefer rehashed overused acronyms,) Ecclesiastes 1:9 "What has been will be again, What has been done will be done again, There is nothing new under the sun." This was known as long ago as Ecc being written; it shouldn't be news to anyone; stop *****ing about it.[/collapse]

Comparing the evolution of technology to the rehashing of a joke is ridiculous. Building upon past inventions to make something new will make that invention better because it improves what the invention can do and benefits people more than it's predecessor. A joke doesn't get better by repackaging it with a different wrapper 500 times. If you must compare how an over-rehashed joke works to technology, it'd be like Nintendo releasing the NES over and over but in a different color each time instead of making new consoles. And it's re-released every day. And you have to hear about it 30 times every day. I think I'm within my rights to ***** about that.

Top Bottom