• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You know you've played to much brawl when_________....

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You know you've played too much brawl when:
1) you try to airdodge like crazy in melee
2) you try to attack while in hitstun in melee
3) you miss the ledge in melee while recovering due to being used to the auto-sweetspot
4) you forget that rolling up from the edge actually edgehogs, and as such you end up relying on the initial invincibility for edgehogging during a match
5) when you're actually consistent at edgehogging using said initial invincibility
6) you forget you need to actually jump cancel to perform running usmashes in melee

Guilty of all six. lol

wait...then why are you in the brawl general discussion?
Melee vs brawl debate, mainly, and a few other fun threads like these. And I don't completely hate brawl. It's fun for a few matches as long as you aren't playing someone super campy, but it just gets... boring. Today, I played brawl for about an hour, and by then I and everyone else I was playing with had gotten bored of it, and we proceeded to switch over to melee, and played for another 7-8 hours, and not once was there a boring moment after that.

A_man13

Smash Master
You're obsessed with brawl if:
- You don't remember Christmas, Birthday, other holidays; just March 9th
-You kill your turtle cuz your afraid it wil breath fire
-You sold your soul for a brawl copy
-You replace soda with Falcon Punch
-Final Destination is your ring tone
-Priceless trophies are shattered trying to bring them to life

D13

Smash Ace
-When you forget how to wavedash, shfflc, etc
-You try to double jump IRL
-When someone has a habit, you tell them to 'quit spamming that move'

:0

degreekelvin

Smash Rookie
Some real life ones:

You know you've played too much brawl when your roommate pulls into the driveway with his PT Cruiser you shout "LANDMASTER!"

You know you've played too much brawl when, stumped on a pharmaceutics write in short answer question on your final, you simply write (as a mini Kirby after ingesting CFalcon): FALCON PAAAANCH!!! With illustrations.

BrawlTilDawn309

Smash Cadet
you know when you play too much Brawl when you try to meteor smash your friend who says that he can take you in a fight.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Happened to me to day:

(I am on crutches because I have a broken ankle.) In school today, I needed to get out of my seat and get something, but there was only one exit, and someones enormous backpack was lying in the middle of the aisle. So while trying to devise a plan to get through, I imagined myself using my main's (Marth) up-b to move it out of the way (AKA fly and hit against a wall).

majora_787

Smash Hero
._. you know you've played too much brawl when you watch a fight, and try to mimic the movements with an imaginary controller. Or when you fight without wearing underwear.

Only a diehard smash bros. fan would get the last joke <_<

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
You know you've played too much brawl when:
1) you try to airdodge like crazy in melee
2) you try to attack while in hitstun in melee
3) you miss the ledge in melee while recovering due to being used to the auto-sweetspot
4) you forget that rolling up from the edge actually edgehogs, and as such you end up relying on the initial invincibility for edgehogging during a match
5) when you're actually consistent at edgehogging using said initial invincibility
6) you forget you need to actually jump cancel to perform running usmashes in melee

Guilty of all six. lol

Melee vs brawl debate, mainly, and a few other fun threads like these. And I don't completely hate brawl. It's fun for a few matches as long as you aren't playing someone super campy, but it just gets... boring. Today, I played brawl for about an hour, and by then I and everyone else I was playing with had gotten bored of it, and we proceeded to switch over to melee, and played for another 7-8 hours, and not once was there a boring moment after that.

this is a brawl discussion. don't bring melee here. and also, don't compare melee over brawl here (like we havn't had enough of these already). its really getting old you know.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
this is a brawl discussion. don't bring melee here. and also, don't compare melee over brawl here (like we havn't had enough of these already). its really getting old you know.
-.- wow, even mentioning melee makes you brawl fanboys go crazy (not saying I dont love brawl, I love it more then melee but that dosent mean everytime someone mentions melee you have to flame them). Yes we have to many debates and its getting tiring but still I dont think the main idea of his post is that.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Protip: If it's getting old, don't bring it up. I could turn any thread on here into a melee vs brawl debate with little to no effort at all, as there are MORE than enough people who would argue over it. Yet, I don't. If you weren't a total moron you might've seen that the only reason I brought it up was because someone asked why I'm posting in this section if I don't like brawl. I still play it. Infrequently, but I still play. Threads made specifically concerning the melee vs brawl debate are the only ones I post in about melee vs brawl, as well. I don't actively search out threads to spam "lolz melee is better" in, and I'm not bringing melee here. Plenty of other people are, though, and I'm merely responding to what already exists. If you don't like the melee vs brawl debate, then just avoid those topics.

Oh, and if your comment had anything whatsoever to do with the 6 "you know you've played too much brawl when"s then you're an even bigger moron than I initially thought, as that was clearly on topic and each of them are very true.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
ykyptmbw...
you have a famous SWFer's Friend code (i gots Egruntz!)
When you beat said famous SWFer.

iTz_HaVoC

Smash Cadet
-You know you've played too much brawl when u play soccer and attempt a Falcon Kick.
-You know you've played too much brawl when u play soccer and expect flames to appear and kill you're opposing team.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
You defenetly know you have played too much brawl when you try to double jump or drop through small platforms. (yes this has happened to me.)

Grunt

Smash Master
You know you play too much Brawl when you watch the news about a Knife fight, and think, "what noobs, using items. tey weren't even on an even arena. one gang had to fight backed up against the back of an alley!" :|

Darkslash

Smash Master
When your T.V breaks from too much smashing

Maybe another explanation is maybe its made by Sony?

Naw maybe smashing :D BEHOLD NOW YOUR PLAYING WITH POWER!!!!!!!!

When you want to have a Brawl year end tourney. Showing your school that are full of Xbox 360 and PS3 owners that Wii can kick ***.

When your main is the last person you shoot down in every game you play against him with

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You know when you play Brawl too much when the following scenario happens:
Your Gf finds out that you Mindgamed her into bed and she kicks you out to the couch. You failed to tech the blow and Sakurai comes out of the closet and says, "YOU MUST RECOVER!!!"

Or when you describe people's houses with either Neutral, Counterpick, or Banned lol.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
You know you've played too much brawl when you meet someone and ask questions like whats your name? Who do you main? without hesitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom