• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
How well received is Priam, does anyone know? I'm feeling that if Ike does take his redesign, he's going to look more like Priam does than how his artwork portrays him. That wouldn't be as bad, right?
I suppose. I always felt the biggest problem with Ike's redesign was the art.

And I have no idea how popular Paris is, but if Ike had an alt. based on him, that would be pretty nifty.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think it can all be agreed upon that IS should have just paid the money to the official artist instead of bringing in all of the outside artists. All the artworks clash together, most are rather ugly, and don't fit quite right into the rest of the game (ignoring the spotpass stuff since 120 characters would take forever to update).

Anyway just got my copy of FE13 today, will definitely be grinding through it so I can finally get a good impression of Chrom in comparison to Roy as well as to go back and update my old Grima stage.

EDIT: $5 says we get a spin-off staring Priam, in a similar vein to Leaf & FE5. (though I will admit a game staring Marth vs. Grima or a Lucina spin-off would also be cool to see as well).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
How well received is Priam, does anyone know?
Paris shows up in one chapter that was only released weeks after the game's release. He is not important to FE13's story at all.

EDIT: $5 says we get a spin-off staring Priam, in a similar vein to Leaf & FE5.
Difference is that Leaf was actually important to FE4's story, and FE5 just gives us a closer look at what Leaf was doing before meeting up with Celice's army. The Thracian storyline was almost half of FE4's generation 2 storyline.

By comparison, Paris only showed up in one chapter in FE13 that was weeks after the game's release. Paris's existence was pretty much fanservice, and IS probably wanting to shut up the speculation that Ike is/was a homosexual.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Difference is that Leaf was actually important to FE4's story, and FE5 just gives us a closer look at what Leaf was doing before meeting up with Celice's army. The Thracian storyline was almost half of FE4's generation 2 storyline.

By comparison, Paris only showed up in one chapter in FE13 that was weeks after the game's release. Paris's existence was pretty much fanservice, and IS probably wanting to shut up the speculation that Ike is/was a homosexual.
Meh, it's all just wishful thinking, Priam, Lucina, and the original Marth are all great options for spin-offs.

Probably was put in due to fan service, people still make fun of Marth and he actually got married at the end of his game (:p). Anyway popularity is popularity, Ike confirmed. :troll:

Also am looking forward to hearing your opinions on FE13 in general (not just Smash) when you get the time.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Forgot about that link. Anyway middle of the road, that's actually pretty good for the most minor story wise character. I'd bet it'd be higher if he had an actual role in the story. Also the guy's name is Priam/Paris not Ike, and honestly we really shouldn't be comparing the two to begin with popularity wise outside of Ike's popularity resulting in the possible creation of Priam/Paris, for, like Marth/Chrom, they're each separate characters.

Anyway with Chrom I'm more interested in seeing how he'll rank up with some of the past lords once FE13 falls out of the limelight as well as seeing what he could do moveset wise.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Or even Micaiah, which I have heard is one of the higher female characters
Being the most popular female lord is like being the tallest ******.

Anyway just got my copy of FE13 today, will definitely be grinding through it so I can finally get a good impression of Chrom in comparison to Roy as well as to go back and update my old Grima stage.
Dont play like your impartial. You have been on the Chrom train all alone. :troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Being the most popular female lord is like being the tallest ******.
LMAO

Dont play like your impartial. You have been on the Chrom train all alone. :troll:
Technically I'm impartial to Chrom's character, what's getting to me is all hype/promotion stuff that FE13 is receiving, to which I'm ashamed of letting happen. Also I'm not alone, Gamefaqs is on my side.

D

Deleted member

Not popular =/= unpopular.

Example: Ike's redesign is unpopular. It gets a lot of hate.
Priam/Paris is not popular (apparently). He doesn't get much praise nor does he get much hate.

Knowing this, Ike's redesign would likely be less unpopular if I am correct in that it's the same outfit or very similar to Priam, just that the artwork used for Ike did him an injustice and made him look bad to the fanbase.

So I want to issue a test. Everyone, imagine Priam's appearance, but with Ike's head (yes, this includes the cracked Ragnell for good measure). Would you be fine with this appearance for Ike in Smash?

Not popular =/= unpopular.

Example: Ike's redesign is unpopular. It gets a lot of hate.
Priam/Paris is not popular (apparently). He doesn't get much praise nor does he get much hate.

Knowing this, Ike's redesign would likely be less unpopular if I am correct in that it's the same outfit or very similar to Priam, just that the artwork used for Ike did him an injustice and made him look bad to the fanbase.

So I want to issue a test. Everyone, imagine Priam's appearance, but with Ike's head (yes, this includes the cracked Ragnell for good measure). Would you be fine with this appearance for Ike in Smash?
I would, although it would be weird, but I would rather have the Radiant Dawn form

Same thing applies to the other main character of that game

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I seem to be the minority here, as I like his younger Path of Radiance form.

:phone:

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I prefer his Path of Radiance form myself as well. Though I prefer Radiant Dawn over Priam being the basis for a new Ike. Or Awakening Ike, either of those is really bad to me, especially as neither really are Ike (at least by my standards, Awakening Ike is just... awful).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike needs to represent HIS game not someone else's game

Although in the best of worlds, we'd get all these choices as alt costumes

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like Ike's younger self to in Path of Radiance, but would want his Radiant Dawn style cause that represents his moveset best. And fits the strong-but-slow playstyle much more. Path of Radiance Ike is much skinnier, but I prefer his longer hairstyle from it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like Ike's younger self to in Path of Radiance, but would want his Radiant Dawn style cause that represents his moveset best. And fits the strong-but-slow playstyle much more. Path of Radiance Ike is much skinnier, but I prefer his longer hairstyle from it.
Heck no, give me Radiant Dawn Ike indeed!
Contradiction? :?:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No. Just stating I prefer the Radiant Dawn look, but like the longer hair better on Path of Radiance Ike.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind seeing Lord Path of Radiance Ike. I really liked that design a lot, and it'd be different from his current look, while still being the Ike I like best. I just saw artwork of the Lord Ike and remembered that version. That's probably what I'd vote for then out of all available options. Which means Lord Ike > PoR Ike > RD Ike > Priam Ike (which just goes to show how horrible the last option is) > Awakening Ike. Though both of those last two options are way, way, way below the first three.

One thing I think that could be nice is, if we did alternate characters of sorts as costumes (like Mario to Doctor Mario) would be Ike to Black Knight. Just another random thought.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Could be a replacement for his Side-B, but it's more just the general idea. A modified Ike fits the Black Knight most out of plausible FE reps, and I like the idea of alt costumes as a way to reference more characters. I don't really expect it to happen any.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fire Emblem would have such potential to make it's own fighting game. It's really a shame it cannot happen. :c Speaking of, is there once will be a Fire Emblem fighting game similar to say, Soul Calibur, which characters would you want in?

Fire Emblem 1, 3, 11 and 12 cast:

Marth - Attacks mainly with the Falchion, but has moves involving the Shield of Seals as well. Also carries a rapier for armoured and mounted units. Fast and reasonably strong, but not too durable. Good enough jumping ability. Secret Techiques involve: Shield of Seals, healing with the Falchion, Astra / Dancing Blade, Luna, and Counter)
Shiida - Attacks with her Wing Spear mounted on her Pegasus, and is very fast, yet not so strong. Also carries a Javelin, and throws these pretty fast. Strong evasive game, but quite easy to take down. Can also fight unmounted with a Slim Sword.
Jagen - Can fight mounted with a Silver Lance or Steel Sword. Or unmounted with both. Very balanced fighter, yet not too durable. Has no real strenghts besides being an easy character to pick up.
Ogma - Stong Hero type character. Fights with his Silver Sword mostly, but also carries a Steel Axe and Tomahawk. Has good jumping attacks, and is reasonably fast and durable on the ground.
Nabarl - Swordmaster. Fast and dangerous. Uses Astra, and weapon of choice is the Killing Edge. Only weakness is no projectile, swordlockedness and just average durability.
Merric - Excalibur and Blizzard magic user. Pretty fast, and quite durable for a mage.
Tiki - Divine Dragon. She fights here in little girl form. Has limited uses on her Dragon Stone though, so most be precise in her attacks. Luckily, her attacks are very strong overall.
Camus - Very strong lance user who's speciality is mounted combat. Also carries a Spear for long ranged combat.
Gharnef - Dark Magic user who can create illusions of himself. As a mage though, he's generally not so durable. But he also carries a Nostrafatu spell. He's kinda slow however.
Hardin - Plays as a General. Very strong armour, and uses the lance Gradivus. Is also very powerful, and has a Silver Axe as extra weapon.

Fire Emblem 2 cast:

Alm - Fights with sword and bow. Also has the option to use axes (solo) as a Demon Fighter. Can switch between sword & bow or axe modes. A well rounded character. Though no apperant strenghts and weaknesses besides being versitile.
Celica - Fire Magic made. Also uses swords, yet not too effectively as most.
*Palla - Stronger version of Shiida's moveset, yet slower. Attacks with a Silver Lance only. Quick and strong, but not too durable.
*Catria - Somewhat weaker but faster version of Palla. Attacks with a Killer Lance and Javelin. Somewhat more durable than Palla.
*Est - Weaker than Palla and Catria, yet comes with a Spear as throwing weapon.

*-Listed them here so fill up the FE2 roster. They're iconic enough to also be in this game.

Fire Emblem 4 cast:

Generation 1:

Sigurd - Lord Knight on his horse, fighting with his Tyrfing, and a Silver Sword. Also has Javelins and a Steel Lance. Quite durable, though not too fast. His Tyrfing is also very strong and adds up to his magical resistance. Can't unmount however.
Cuan - Duke Knight with the Gae Bolg. Strong, but not very fast. And only uses lances. Can't unmount just as Sigurd.
Aira - Swordmaster. Like Nabarl, fast and dangerous. Quite strong to, and good jumping abilities. Better skill than Nabarl, though not quite as durable. Astra is also dangerous. Lacks in range overall a little though.
Elthsan - Fights with the Demon Sword, Mystletainn. Very strong all over, cannot unmount however.
Levin - Holsety Sage, and very very fast. Has powerful wind magic and good avoiding.
Alvis - Fire Mage with very strong techniques namely: Valflame. Strong defences for a mage. Though not as fast as Levin.
Jamka - The first bowfighter. Uses a Killer Bow, and is both fast and strong. Not too durable, but can take a few hits. Also has the ability to shoot double arrows (taken from his continue ability).

Generation 2:
Seliph aka Celice - Junior Lord who can also mount as Lord Knight. Also fights with the Tyrfing, and is a little faster than Sigurd, but also a little weaker.
Julia - Shaman aka Light Mage with the Narga book. Very powerful spells, not too durable.
Yurius - Sage with Dark and Fire Magic. Fast, strong and durable.
Altena - Wyvern Rider with the Gae Bolg. Very strong, but not too durable. Not too fast either.
Lakche - A stronger version of Aira basically. She's only slightly less durable. Also comes with the Killing Edge, and also carries a Fire Sword for ranged attacks.
Skasaher - Stronger even than Lakche, but less durable and not so fast either. Comes with an Armorslayer sword.

Fire Emblem 5 cast:

Leif aka Leaf - Uses a Light Sword, and when mounted has the ability to use any sort of weapon! Good stats all over as well.
Fin - Paladin with the Brave Lance. No strong abilities all over, despite his above average durability. Lance locked, and cannot unmount like his King and Sigurd.

Fire Emblem 6 cast:

Roy - Fights with the Sword of Seals. Also has a Rapier as a side weapon. Very strong ranged attacks, and good abilities all around.
Marcus - Jagen clone of sorts
Lilinia - Magic glass canon. Also has Forblaze.
Wolt - Archer with mediorce abilities. But does his best, I guess.
Dieck - Stronger than Ogma, but slower. Carries a Iron Blade as weapon and Hand Axes.
Gonzales - Berseker, very strong, though does not hit often. Comes with the Devil Axe, and a Killer Axe.
Sue - Nomadic warrior who fights on her horse mostly with her Brave Bow. Also has a Short Bow, a Long Bow and a Steel Sword. Fast, but not so strong or durable.
Zephiel - Very strong and durable, and fights with the Exacuss blade. Which is a big sword with lightning effect.
Fa - Little girl in Divine Dragon form. Strong attacks, not too durable though but very great offence.

Fire Emblem 7 cast

Eliwood - Can fight mounted with his Silver Lance and Durandel, and unmounted with a Rapier. Graceful fighter, and the Durandal is very powerful. Not the most durable of Lords though.
Lyn - Very fast. Fights with the Mani Katti and her own personal style. Fast and deadly. Also uses a Short Bow.
Hector - Strong, durable, and not even that slow. Swings the Armads around like it's nothing. Solid defence, not that fond of magic.
Jaffar - Assassin with two shorter blades.
Karel - Wo Dao Swordmaster. Swift, and skillful.

tbc

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
A Soul Calibur-like Fire Emblem? I'd say the easiest way to do that would be to take no more than three characters per game. Even though this includes remakes, that still winds up with a roster of 39, which is a pretty big fighting game roster. Hero and villain, third figure could be anything really. Only issue is that I think Soul Calibur would make it immensely difficult to give the magic characters a viable moveset. Viola is probably the closest one could make to such a thing, but I have a hard time imagining that. A 2-D fighter, or something like Dissidia or SSB (in general just less traditional fighters) would probably be better.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
An idea: Characters based on the Est archetype could be lethal joke characters.

:phone:

Fire Emblem would have such potential to make it's own fighting game. It's really a shame it cannot happen. :c Speaking of, is there once will be a Fire Emblem fighting game similar to say, Soul Calibur, which characters would you want in?

Fire Emblem 1, 3, 11 and 12 cast:

Marth - Attacks mainly with the Falchion, but has moves involving the Shield of Seals as well. Also carries a rapier for armoured and mounted units. Fast and reasonably strong, but not too durable. Good enough jumping ability. Secret Techiques involve: Shield of Seals, healing with the Falchion, Astra / Dancing Blade, Luna, and Counter)
Shiida - Attacks with her Wing Spear mounted on her Pegasus, and is very fast, yet not so strong. Also carries a Javelin, and throws these pretty fast. Strong evasive game, but quite easy to take down. Can also fight unmounted with a Slim Sword.
Jagen - Can fight mounted with a Silver Lance or Steel Sword. Or unmounted with both. Very balanced fighter, yet not too durable. Has no real strenghts besides being an easy character to pick up.
Ogma - Stong Hero type character. Fights with his Silver Sword mostly, but also carries a Steel Axe and Tomahawk. Has good jumping attacks, and is reasonably fast and durable on the ground.
Nabarl - Swordmaster. Fast and dangerous. Uses Astra, and weapon of choice is the Killing Edge. Only weakness is no projectile, swordlockedness and just average durability.
Merric - Excalibur and Blizzard magic user. Pretty fast, and quite durable for a mage.
Tiki - Divine Dragon. She fights here in little girl form. Has limited uses on her Dragon Stone though, so most be precise in her attacks. Luckily, her attacks are very strong overall.
Camus - Very strong lance user who's speciality is mounted combat. Also carries a Spear for long ranged combat.
Gharnef - Dark Magic user who can create illusions of himself. As a mage though, he's generally not so durable. But he also carries a Nostrafatu spell. He's kinda slow however.
Hardin - Plays as a General. Very strong armour, and uses the lance Gradivus. Is also very powerful, and has a Silver Axe as extra weapon.

Fire Emblem 2 cast:

Alm - Fights with sword and bow. Also has the option to use axes (solo) as a Demon Fighter. Can switch between sword & bow or axe modes. A well rounded character. Though no apperant strenghts and weaknesses besides being versitile.
Celica - Fire Magic made. Also uses swords, yet not too effectively as most.
*Palla - Stronger version of Shiida's moveset, yet slower. Attacks with a Silver Lance only. Quick and strong, but not too durable.
*Catria - Somewhat weaker but faster version of Palla. Attacks with a Killer Lance and Javelin. Somewhat more durable than Palla.
*Est - Weaker than Palla and Catria, yet comes with a Spear as throwing weapon.

*-Listed them here so fill up the FE2 roster. They're iconic enough to also be in this game.

Fire Emblem 4 cast:

Generation 1:

Sigurd - Lord Knight on his horse, fighting with his Tyrfing, and a Silver Sword. Also has Javelins and a Steel Lance. Quite durable, though not too fast. His Tyrfing is also very strong and adds up to his magical resistance. Can't unmount however.
Cuan - Duke Knight with the Gae Bolg. Strong, but not very fast. And only uses lances. Can't unmount just as Sigurd.
Aira - Swordmaster. Like Nabarl, fast and dangerous. Quite strong to, and good jumping abilities. Better skill than Nabarl, though not quite as durable. Astra is also dangerous. Lacks in range overall a little though.
Elthsan - Fights with the Demon Sword, Mystletainn. Very strong all over, cannot unmount however.
Levin - Holsety Sage, and very very fast. Has powerful wind magic and good avoiding.
Alvis - Fire Mage with very strong techniques namely: Valflame. Strong defences for a mage. Though not as fast as Levin.
Jamka - The first bowfighter. Uses a Killer Bow, and is both fast and strong. Not too durable, but can take a few hits. Also has the ability to shoot double arrows (taken from his continue ability).

Generation 2:
Seliph aka Celice - Junior Lord who can also mount as Lord Knight. Also fights with the Tyrfing, and is a little faster than Sigurd, but also a little weaker.
Julia - Shaman aka Light Mage with the Narga book. Very powerful spells, not too durable.
Yurius - Sage with Dark and Fire Magic. Fast, strong and durable.
Altena - Wyvern Rider with the Gae Bolg. Very strong, but not too durable. Not too fast either.
Lakche - A stronger version of Aira basically. She's only slightly less durable. Also comes with the Killing Edge, and also carries a Fire Sword for ranged attacks.
Skasaher - Stronger even than Lakche, but less durable and not so fast either. Comes with an Armorslayer sword.

Fire Emblem 5 cast:

Leif aka Leaf - Uses a Light Sword, and when mounted has the ability to use any sort of weapon! Good stats all over as well.
Fin - Paladin with the Brave Lance. No strong abilities all over, despite his above average durability. Lance locked, and cannot unmount like his King and Sigurd.

Fire Emblem 6 cast:

Roy - Fights with the Sword of Seals. Also has a Rapier as a side weapon. Very strong ranged attacks, and good abilities all around.
Marcus - Jagen clone of sorts
Lilinia - Magic glass canon. Also has Forblaze.
Wolt - Archer with mediorce abilities. But does his best, I guess.
Dieck - Stronger than Ogma, but slower. Carries a Iron Blade as weapon and Hand Axes.
Gonzales - Berseker, very strong, though does not hit often. Comes with the Devil Axe, and a Killer Axe.
Sue - Nomadic warrior who fights on her horse mostly with her Brave Bow. Also has a Short Bow, a Long Bow and a Steel Sword. Fast, but not so strong or durable.
Zephiel - Very strong and durable, and fights with the Exacuss blade. Which is a big sword with lightning effect.
Fa - Little girl in Divine Dragon form. Strong attacks, not too durable though but very great offence.

Fire Emblem 7 cast

Eliwood - Can fight mounted with his Silver Lance and Durandel, and unmounted with a Rapier. Graceful fighter, and the Durandal is very powerful. Not the most durable of Lords though.
Lyn - Very fast. Fights with the Mani Katti and her own personal style. Fast and deadly. Also uses a Short Bow.
Hector - Strong, durable, and not even that slow. Swings the Armads around like it's nothing. Solid defence, not that fond of magic.
Jaffar - Assassin with two shorter blades.
Karel - Wo Dao Swordmaster. Swift, and skillful.

tbc
Needs some Fire Emblem 8, 9, 10, & 13 characters such as Ephraim, Eirika, Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Lethe, Chrom, Frederick, & Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom