• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walzern

Smash Rookie
Still support Composite Robin.

He'd be a composite character. Like Exdeath in Dissidia.

You know what'd be a nice little easter egg?

Having a handful of weapons that each character can use, which you can swap through with the taunt button. Just as an example.. Ike could switch from the Ragnell to a generic axe, Marth could get a rapier, Roy can switch to a Wyrmslayer, and Chrom can use a lance(By holding it halfway down the shaft it can be swung like a sword. Anyone who's seen the Kain Highwind texture hack for Marth in SSBB will know what I'm talking about).

The change would be purely aesthetic of course. Wouldn't change any hitboxes or move properties.

I think it'd be a neat little thing, at least.
I say we have one sword only user (Marth), two sword with other weapon type users (Ike and Chrom), and a non-sword user (Micaiah)

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Micaiah, but her odds are immensely low. I also wouldn't really want to cut Ike, but I wouldn't want to represent only a couple of the continents in FE. Though, for a non-physical FE rep in general she's probably highest, though Robin may be higher than she is. Sadly doesn't seem like any of the more magical characters are too high on the likelihood list, even if we had four.

I'd like Micaiah, but her odds are immensely low. I also wouldn't really want to cut Ike, but I wouldn't want to represent only a couple of the continents in FE. Though, for a non-physical FE rep in general she's probably highest, though Robin may be higher than she is. Sadly doesn't seem like any of the more magical characters are too high on the likelihood list, even if we had four.
Not really immensely low, I would say average since she is one of the bigger characters from within the last couple Fire Emblem games (namely the last console one).

Like you said she is practically the non sword user/physical one. Pretty much for her popularity, importance, and recentness.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Like you said she is practically the non sword user/physical one. Pretty much for her popularity, importance, and recentness.
Micaiah is less popular than many other lords in the series. She is less important than Ike in the context of the Tellius arc. Finally, a game released six years ago is not recent (her game is now as old as Roy's game was when Brawl was released).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Isn't that because she's the only non-physical lord? Not necessarily a good thing.
There is Cellica as the only other mage lord. To think of it, there are only four lords in the entire series whose primary weapon is not a sword (Cellica, Hector, Ephraim, and Micaiah).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You'd think a thread for Fire Emblem character discussion would focus the debate on what will happen between Roy, Ike, and Chrom, but instead it's used as a trash bin to discuss garbage ideas like Micaiah and Lyn.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I have seen sea turtles choke on Lyn thinking she was a jellyfish. I have seen seagulls get strangled by getting their neck caught in Lyn. I assure you, Lyn is garbage, and you are part of the problem.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
You'd think a thread for Fire Emblem character discussion would focus the debate on what will happen between Roy, Ike, and Chrom, but instead it's used as a trash bin to discuss garbage ideas like Micaiah and Lyn.
My issue with this thread constantly. Though I wouldn't go as far to call them trash. I personally like both of them and enjoyed playing as both of them. They're just unlikely. doesn't mean they're trash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The only real contenders for a 4th spot imo are Roy, Lucina and maybe Lyn. With Roy being more likely than the girls. It'd like Lyn for her moveset potential, but after Chrom, it's difficult to imagine Sakurai wanting to make another full unique Fire Emblem character. But hopefully that'll happen though. I'm also hoping Ike will play as a real heavyweight brawler is time. And indeed have the Ragnell shockwave as a neutral B attack. Coming to think of it, is the Ragnell even still ranged in Awakening??

Micaiah is less popular than many other lords in the series. She is less important than Ike in the context of the Tellius arc. Finally, a game released six years ago is not recent (her game is now as old as Roy's game was when Brawl was released).
And yet Roy was to be in Brawl even within that time.

Six year ago means nothing, it is still in the Wii and DS generation. And the last home console game.

She is still popular in Japan (one of the most popular females, practically only beaten out by Lucina), and other places around the world as well (to some extent). And she was as important in terms of being in the game as Ike was. She started off the game, Ike had his part, and they finished the game TOGETHER.

Isn't that because she's the only non-physical lord? Not necessarily a good thing.
It makes her stand out and be different in this series where the main characters are usually blue haired males with some kind of sword, spear, etc.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth and Ike are a given though, and Chrom is just another real good character. I really don't see the problem. Sure, people who are nitpicking about the StarFox trio roght now will complain about this, but I personally liked Fox, Falco and Wolf a lot in Brawl. And will probably enjoy this trio much more. And if they add Roy with them, all the better!

Tbh, most bad ass main characters in Fire Emblem ARE blue haired swordsmen though. So that little feature represents the series well I feel. Just hope they make Sigurd and 'Seliph' (aka Celice) as alternative costumes for the Lords though (preferably Celice / Seliph for Marth and Sigurd for Chrom).

Marth and Ike are a given though, and Chrom is just another real good character. I really don't see the problem. Sure, people who are nitpicking about the StarFox trio roght now will complain about this, but I personally liked Fox, Falco and Wolf a lot in Brawl. And will probably enjoy this trio much more. And if they add Roy with them, all the better!

Tbh, most bad *** main characters in Fire Emblem ARE blue haired swordsmen though. So that little feature represents the series well I feel. Just hope they make Sigurd and 'Seliph' (aka Celice) as alternative costumes for the Lords though (preferably Celice / Seliph for Marth and Sigurd for Chrom).
But they are not every lord (ex: Micaiah, Lyn, Roy, and Leaf)

And it leaves out every other class in the series, thus falsely repping it

Roy was in a Smash prior. Micaiah has not been in a Smash at all.
Stop using Roy as reason for Micaiah.
I was talking about the time difference.

Roy was still GBA (one of the two main systems Brawl repped)

Micaiah was still Wii (one of the two main systems to rep SSB4/U)

They both were early in their gen (Brawl basically looked at 2001-2007, SSB4 will basically look at 2007-2013)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Micaiah would add diversity, but her role is pretty minimal to the overall series. Ike is much better for this regard. Maybe if the next FE Lord is a Mage we'll get a FE Mage in Smash, but up till now, I don't see it as likely. A Sothe / Micaiah tag team would be off the chain though.

D

Deleted member

It doesn't matter; Roy was in Melee. He was a Veteran.
Micaiah was never a Veteran.

We wouldn't even be DISCUSSING Roy if he wasn't in Smash already.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who cares about a mage? What would be really awesome is a character with the general class

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's true. It's where most of his popularity comes from. People would just go wat on Roy if he got in now and wasn't in Melee.

Also, you say Fire Emblem is more diverse than sword users only. But DK is also more than just apes. Mother is also more than kids with oversized heads. Just cause the series are more doverse doesn't meam they shouldn't add their main characters though...

General? Make it HECTOR baby!!!

That's true. It's where most of his popularity comes from. People would just go wat on Roy if he got in now and wasn't in Melee.

Also, you say Fire Emblem is more diverse than sword users only. But DK is also more than just apes. Mother is also more than kids with oversized heads. Just cause the series are more doverse doesn't meam they shouldn't add their main characters though...

General? Make it HECTOR baby!!!
Micaiah, Sheeda, and Lucina are still main characters in their games, being the female leads

Who cares about a mage? What would be really awesome is a character with the general class
So Zelda should be kicked out and we should not expect Palutena?

Mages are interesting characters, and it is a different fighting style to rep Fire Emblem.

It doesn't matter; Roy was in Melee. He was a Veteran.
Micaiah was never a Veteran.

We wouldn't even be DISCUSSING Roy if he wasn't in Smash already.
Yes he was in Melee, it is just that everyone assumes he is one of the only few Fire Emblem characters to add. And that he should return to begin with (I was a fan in Melee I really was but I would rather have NEW Fire Emblem reps). Although his Awakening look is cool.

The only ones I see coming back is Mewtwo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I don't expect Palutena

And yes, just because I think a General would make a better character than a mage means I want ALL mages kicked out of Smash

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, that's in the end not really saying THAT much cause of Fire Emblem's ever changing cast.

Psycho, was mostly talking about Brawl's roster though. Should have specified yeah.

Well, I don't expect Palutena

And yes, just because I think a General would make a better character than a mage means I want ALL mages kicked out of Smash
Was just assuming.......and joking :awesome:

But I think a trio of mages in Micaiah, Zelda, and Palutena would be nice.

Zelda would be the quick one with little power, Micaiah would be in the middle, and Palutena would be the power one with little speed

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Micaiah DOES die pretty quickly though. Which is why people don't like her mostly. Also, do you want regular Micaiah, or Zero Suit Micaiah?

different things. a divine being is not the same as a magical mortal. by ur logic Pit is a mage
A divine being with powers, although she is not actually a mage her attacks could be consider there in a way.

And doesn't Pit get all of his powers from her?

Well, Micaiah DOES die pretty quickly though. Which is why people don't like her mostly. Also, do you want regular Micaiah, or Zero Suit Micaiah?
I think I have heard she gets really good once you train her, which applies to all normal Fire Emblem characters (and not overpowered ones like Zihark who start off powerful and then usually become somewhat useless if not trained).

Also is this a question of Radiant Dawn vs Awakening? Or something else? :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zihark is leagues above Micaiah. Leagues. He's like, very good. Prefer Mia, but Zihark is also awesome.

Micaiah has bad durability, and bad speed. Not a great combination...

Zihark is leagues above Micaiah. Leagues. He's like, very good. Prefer Mia, but Zihark is also awesome.

Micaiah has bad durability, and bad speed. Not a great combination...
Did you ever train her?

Also I really like the character........for the CHARACTER

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, am obligated to use her, so I always train her. So I know what I'm talking about here.

She's got an okay character though. But she's heavily overshadowed by Ike from the moment he shows up.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Come to think of it, I miss the days when I thought the Black Knight actually had a sort of kind of shot...

But no. Also garbage.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Things certainly were different back then...

•Col•

Smash Champion
Micaiah would add diversity, but her role is pretty minimal to the overall series. Ike is much better for this regard. Maybe if the next FE Lord is a Mage we'll get a FE Mage in Smash, but up till now, I don't see it as likely. A Sothe / Micaiah tag team would be off the chain though.
Been saying it for years, this is the only way I could get behind Micaiah being in Smash 4. Sothe+Micaiah team would be bamf.

Even then, I'd still say that Roy has a better chance of getting in though.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Any argument for Micaiah I read just makes me face palm. There is nothing garnering her for smash save for being a Lord and she's a mage. That's it. Roy and Chrom are the wanted characters and have much more pulling them towards smash from fire emblem. They should be the ones talked of. Also being female means nothing, it's nintendo all stars. I wouldn't call Micaiah an all star. Veterans are all stars. and with how well Awakening is doing, Chrom could become one himself. And yes variety would be better, with not all swordsman. But tough. They're the ones most people want. They're the memorable lords. Also we should only have one Lord from each respective series within fire emblem. We already have Ike from the radiance saga. We don't need Micaiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom