• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All those ATs are good ideas, Diddy.

It would be a good way to include characters that really have no chance on the roster.

Some other ideas:
Ephraim - Charges for a while and then impales the foe using his lance. This is a high knockback attack and very likely to KO, but it would be a slow move, thus easy to avoid.
Swordmaster - Could be Ira, Joshua, Mia, Zihark, Lon'qu... whoever it is, he/she would use Astra on the nearest foe, by performing a 5 hit streak, with the last one having higher knockback.
Black Knight - Uses his signature skill, Eclipse on the foe, which would be a chain of massive powered shield breaking blows. High KO potential here too. Check the animation here!

Watashi

Smash Cadet
I just beat Awakening. It was a really good game.

Who I want to be playable.

Chorm
Roy
Ike
Lucina

Who I expect to be playable.

Marth
Roy
Chrom

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I just beat Awakening. It was a really good game.

Who I want to be playable.

Chorm
Roy
Ike
Lucina
]
I don't think we will/should get more than one FE character per game. Marth is here to stay.
Though I wouldn't mind Masked Marth as an alt for him(just the outfit, not the character).

Watashi

Smash Cadet
Like I said these are my wants. I don't expect there to be two Awakening reps and Marth being cut.

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
I have just started playing Awakening but from this game what villains could possibly be in the game whether as fighters bosses or ATs.

Maybe Validar but I am not sure

Who I want playable:

-Marth
-Ike
-Micaiah
-Chrom

Who I expect:

-Marth
-Ike
-Lucina
-Chrom

One could be an alt character, leaving room for the other though

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I have just started playing Awakening but from this game what villains could possibly be in the game whether as fighters bosses or ATs.

Maybe Validar but I am not sure
Possible FE bosses (could be bosses and/or ATs in SSB4):
Medeus (Shadow Dragon)
Nergal (Fire Emblem)
Demon King Fomortiis (Sacred Stones)
Black Knight (Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn)
Ashnard (Path of Radiance)
Validar (Awakening)

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
This may have been mentioned already, but...

What about Anna?

I mean, she's basically the only character that actually shows up in every FE game (it's more or less stated in Awakening that
she and her seemingly endless amount of "sisters" basically jump between parts of the Fire Emblem multiverse at will, selling stuff and maintaining the outrealm gate, etc.
, she's got a fun personality, and she finally became an outright playable character (and a good one) in Awakening. She'd be a great individual to put in as a all-in-one representative of the franchise.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

What about Anna?

I mean, she's basically the only character that actually shows up in every FE game (it's more or less stated in Awakening that
she and her seemingly endless amount of "sisters" basically jump between parts of the Fire Emblem multiverse at will, selling stuff and maintaining the outrealm gate, etc.
, she's got a fun personality, and she finally became an outright playable character (and a good one) in Awakening. She'd be a great individual to put in as a all-in-one representative of the franchise.
I wouldn't be opposed to Anna. However, I think right now she's not particularly likely.

What I think would be interesting is if Smash had some sort of in-game shop, and various Nintendo shopkeepers(including Anna) managed it.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be opposed to Anna. However, I think right now she's not particularly likely.

What I think would be interesting is if Smash had some sort of in-game shop, and various Nintendo shopkeepers(including Anna) managed it.

Now I have an image in my head of Anna, Tom Nook, Malo, some kind of Sales-Toad and the Magikarp Salesman trying to outdo each other at a market.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think I wanna stay away from this thread when y'all be playing FE13. Thusfar, FE13 is the only regret I have on the topic of not owning a 3DS. :(

But I accept donations! :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

What about Anna?

Her playable appearance in Awakening does increase her chances. She would be a welcome addition. Her only problem is that she doesn't have much to draw from any game she appears in except Awakening.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
When I first saw (encountered) Anna in FE7, I thought she was only there for fan-service...

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
That actually sounds like an awesome idea, they could incorperate more characters that arent playable and we could see them perhaps interact as well. Im all for that, it would at least keep tingle away from the ring :smirk:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Would rather have Nook as a playable shopkeeper since he's likable at least.
Definitely gotta disagree with this based on Anna's support conversations.

Anyway no to Anna, just cause she was playable in one game in the series she still at her best in a support-like/non-fighting role (does this remind anyone of a certain other possible newcomer? :troll:), she is a perfect choice for a Trophy though.

Watashi

Smash Cadet
So if Ike returns, I'd like at least one of his costume's to be based on Priam.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Priam?! I hate it.

First Sheeda (and a bunch of other characters), then Celice, now Paris.

I don't get it. And I don't like it. :glare:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
A girlish name for a boy...:urg:
...yeah, that makes sense. Not that I agree with the change, but I see why Nintendo would do that(they did the same thing with Celice's name).

Edit: Just found out where the name comes from. Makes it hurt a little less.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
...I guess Celice is a pretty girly name, but there have been several guys named Paris before. Maybe I just hate Priam too much to care...

Oh well. I like Navarre more than Nabarl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
PRIAM!?...

Okaaaaaaayyy.

Way to ruin an awesome character!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Eh, only Paris I know of is male, so not a big deal to me. And yeah, I think Paris as an alt costume, if they do more detailed ones, is a pretty likely guarantee. Certainly better than his design as a DLC character.

I wouldn't be opposed to Anna, as one of the more recurring characters in the series. There are far worse options they could go with after all. However, I do wish we'd finally get a villain, the mention of potential villains as Assist Trophies made me think about that. Given how unrecurring villains are I know it won't happen, but it'd be so much better if we got one. So many cool villains in FE, and even a couple from areas not represented in Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
>that feel when you complete Fire Emblem 4 and the end dialoge is not translated... :/

Seriously. I don't even...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Now they can skip on that Radiant Dawn sequel starring Priam for all I care. :smirk:

It's not the end of the world, but damn, what a terrible name.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure I get why people hate that they changed Shiida to Caeda... I'm pretty sure it's still pronounced the same as it's meant to be (See-da) they just made the spelling fancy.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, it occurs to me that while Ike's redesign for Awakening wasn't well received, it should be noted that Ike's outfit is pretty damn similar to Priam's if not the same (like Marth's is to Lucina's). Just in a different art style.

How well received is Priam, does anyone know? I'm feeling that if Ike does take his redesign, he's going to look more like Priam does than how his artwork portrays him. That wouldn't be as bad, right?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd prefer Ike's Brawl design (Path of Radiance).
I kinda like Marth's Awakening design. Doesn't stray far from his original one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom