• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Guys, I think I figured out the problem with Fire Emblem. There's just too many good characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Growth rates *****. Also, base stats. Do you even Fire Emblem?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Growth rates *****. Also, base stats. Do you even Fire Emblem?
Yes I do know how to Fire Emblem, but sometimes how the random number generator treats you can ether make you a god or a punching bag. A great example of what I'm talking about is Eliwood. He's the middle road character of the trio consisting of him, Hector, and Lyn, meaning he's the most effected by the random number generator because none of his stat growths focus on anything in particular. If the random number generator is kind to him, he's a pretty competent fighter. If the random number generator isn't kind to him, he lags behind.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
RNG Goddess hates Eliwood. This should be a common fact.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
EVERYONE, I'VE GOT THIS. I know what will end these silly FE debates and be the best choice in the long run. Basically this guy will be the only FE fighter:

But seriously, I wouldn't mind a Hubba Tester Smash Edition. :3

•Col•

Smash Champion
Poor Eliwood.

Spends half the game looking for his father only for him to die shortly after. On the upside, during his travels he finds his future wife. :D .......... Only for her to die a few years after the game takes place so that he has to raise Roy alone. Then he doesn't even get to watch Roy fully mature into an adult because he dies towards the beginning of FE6.

Talk about some bad luck. And then on top of all that, he hardly gets any recognition from fans of the FE series because they look at him and go "LOLROYCOPYCATWHOCARES" when of course they're going to be similar, he's Roy's freakin' dad.

Really underrated character imo.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well my Eliwood always turn out to be great, the only problem is the late promotion,which is not a problem HHM , but usually my tanks are the Heroes of the game mostly all the Fire Emblems have Heroes with demonic powers : Dieck,Raven,Gerik,Othin,Priam,Ogma and IKE!!!!

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Poor Eliwood.

Spends half the game looking for his father only for him to die shortly after. On the upside, during his travels he finds his future wife. :D .......... Only for her to die a few years after the game takes place so that he has to raise Roy alone. Then he doesn't even get to watch Roy fully mature into an adult because he dies towards the beginning of FE6.

Talk about some bad luck. And then on top of all that, he hardly gets any recognition from fans of the FE series because they look at him and go "LOLROYCOPYCATWHOCARES" when of course they're going to be similar, he's Roy's freakin' dad.

Really underrated character imo.
Eliwood never died.....or it was never stated at least, the one who died is Hector....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Eliwood never died during FE6. In fact, he recovered from his illness apperantly, cause he led the Lycian Army which defended Lyica from Bern's attacks while Roy led the Etrurian Army, facing Bern head-on. Roy also said to Lilinia something in the likes of 'I can't wait to see how father is doing' near the end of the game.

But yeah, he's quite the tragic character.

NOTHING compared to Sigurd though. Now that's a man who faced some ****, and managed to be a badass still.

Five reasons why I think Robin (Fire Emblem) could be a good inclusion in SSB4:

1. New Class Type for franchise (Mage Sword User/Tactician)
2. Fits in with the likes of Villager and Wii Fit Trainer (multigendered avatar like characters)
3. Represents multiple games from the series (such as Heroes of Light and Shadow, and 7), as the Tactician/Avatar has been in in the games before
4. Even when the Tactician/Avatar is not in a game, you are still controlloing characters around the battles, thus Robin represents you the player
5. Both a male and female rep

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There where Mage Fighters in FE4 though. And honestly, am still not liking the idea.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Seth is a badass.

Until you realize he's a prepromote.

Then he's your emergency unit.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Seth is arguably the most broken unit in the entire Fire Emblem franchise. He can probably solo Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones if given the opportunity.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seth is in Awakening as a Spotpass character right?

Know where FE:SS stands for?

F*cking Easy, Seth Solo

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Seth is arguably the most broken unit in the entire Fire Emblem franchise. He can probably solo Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones if given the opportunity.
Thing is...it's not fun only using Seth... He's too easy to use.

I'd rather solo Erika or Franz as they would be much harder.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Eliwood never died during FE6. In fact, he recovered from his illness apperantly, cause he led the Lycian Army which defended Lyica from Bern's attacks while Roy led the Etrurian Army, facing Bern head-on. Roy also said to Lilinia something in the likes of 'I can't wait to see how father is doing' near the end of the game.

But yeah, he's quite the tragic character.
Ah right, I forgot because its been like 6 years since I beat FE6 and Eliwood hardly shows up in it aside from the beginning.

Hong

The Strongest
Every character is broken in Sacred Stones, even if you strictly do chapters. it was the easiest of the modern day games, and has optional grinding, which made it my recommendation for newcomers prior to Awakening.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
increasingly I have been thinking that the only way Chrom gets in is if he bumps out Ike. I don't think Sakurai will be intentionally cutting any characters this time outside of maybe Snake and Toon Link (replaced by another design for child Link possibly). Sakurai's statement also about wanting each newcomer to stand out, makes things particularly tricky for Chrom (as well as Lucina). I think if Sakurai absolutely wants a FE13 character he will probably go with the My Unit (or Anna if the idea somehow comes to him or IS). Seeing as Sakurai has went with the Villager (a fully customizable character with no defined appearance, name, or design), him going with the My Unit would not be too unprecedented.

If he does go that route, I could see Ike returning with a Chrom-inspired re-design (much like Marth's FE13 re-design was Lucina inspired). With Ike and Marth representing Chrom and Lucina respectively, and the My Unit in, that would effectively have all three main characters to FE13 in Smash 4 in some form (though with Chrom/Lucina not truly).

Roy I could then see ending up being one of the last characters added to the game (if he makes it). If Roy does get cut due to time constraints, I see him as a top priority for DLC.

If Sakurai thinks Chrom is the only route to go for a FE13 character (or Lucina), and he absolutely does not want to cut Ike, I think he will pass on Chrom, and simply have Marth, Roy, and Ike.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
EVERYONE, I'VE GOT THIS. I know what will end these silly FE debates and be the best choice in the long run. Basically this guy will be the only FE fighter:

But seriously, I wouldn't mind a Hubba Tester Smash Edition. :3
Everyone's shipping fantasies fulfilled.
I approve.
SSB4 is a first day buy preorder limited edition second copy second WiiU deluxe send Sakurai 500$ in the mail if it has a dating sim option.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is a list of the scores of the entire Fire Emblem series (except for the Famicom titles, I don't think Famitsu existed when those games were made) from Famtisu:

Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi: 9 9 8 10 (GBA) (36 / 40)
Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken - 9, 9, 8, 8 (34 / 40)
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones 9,9,9,8 (35 / 40)

Famitsu score for the entire series in general

* Awakening - 36
* New Myster of the Emblem - 34
* Shadow Dragon - 34
* Radiant Dawn - 33
* Path of Radiance - 34
* The Sacred Stones - 35
* Blazing Sword - 34
* Sword of Seals - 36
* Thracia 776 - 35
* Genealogy of the Holy War - 31
* Mystery of the Emblem - 36

FE series is pretty consistent in terms of the score it received from Famitsu.​

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi: 9 9 8 10 (GBA) (36 / 40)
Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken - 9, 9, 8, 8 (34 / 40)
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones 9,9,9,8 (35 / 40)

Famitsu score for the entire series in general

* Awakening - 36
* New Myster of the Emblem - 34
* Shadow Dragon - 34
* Radiant Dawn - 33
* Path of Radiance - 34
* The Sacred Stones - 35
* Blazing Sword - 34
* Sword of Seals - 36
* Thracia 776 - 35
* Genealogy of the Holy War - 31
* Mystery of the Emblem - 36

FE series is pretty consistent in terms of the score it received from Famitsu.​
Sacred Stones scored higher than Blazing Sword and Path of Radiance.

What.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
increasingly I have been thinking that the only way Chrom gets in is if he bumps out Ike. I don't think Sakurai will be intentionally cutting any characters this time outside of maybe Snake and Toon Link (replaced by another design for child Link possibly). Sakurai's statement also about wanting each newcomer to stand out, makes things particularly tricky for Chrom (as well as Lucina). I think if Sakurai absolutely wants a FE13 character he will probably go with the My Unit (or Anna if the idea somehow comes to him or IS). Seeing as Sakurai has went with the Villager (a fully customizable character with no defined appearance, name, or design), him going with the My Unit would not be too unprecedented.

If he does go that route, I could see Ike returning with a Chrom-inspired re-design (much like Marth's FE13 re-design was Lucina inspired). With Ike and Marth representing Chrom and Lucina respectively, and the My Unit in, that would effectively have all three main characters to FE13 in Smash 4 in some form (though with Chrom/Lucina not truly).

Roy I could then see ending up being one of the last characters added to the game (if he makes it). If Roy does get cut due to time constraints, I see him as a top priority for DLC.

If Sakurai thinks Chrom is the only route to go for a FE13 character (or Lucina), and he absolutely does not want to cut Ike, I think he will pass on Chrom, and simply have Marth, Roy, and Ike.
I think that Sakurai's statement on cuts and deciding a roster means that there will be cuts to a sizable degree, probably just a little lower or around the same level with Brawl's cuts to the Melee roster. The stress to the brink of death statement indicates to me that he is still making tough choices on the roster, not that there will be less cuts. And there is also that time he said: We Don't Have Time To Bring All Characters Back

Sakurai's statement about having newcomers standing out doesn't really help or hurt Chrom or Lucina. Both are unique in their own ways in both play and fighting style from their actual game, and contrast the FE veterans quite a bit. Chrom and Lucina don't really fight or play like Marth, Ike, or Roy. Even the Falchion looks completely different.

Sakurai choosing the villager does open the door to customizable characters, but you have to also remember Animal Crossing is game without preset designs for any of the playable protagonists. FE, on the series, has an abundance of wonderfully designed playable protagonists, perhaps the most out of any series beside Pokemon.

I don't see Ike going through a redesign, since Smash generally makes characters appear as they do in the game, or just updates the redesign slightly. I can see Marth going through an updated redesign, but that's because of his DS games. Having redesigned costumes wouldn't really placate FE13 fans in any way I think.

I see DLC unlikely at this point, but that could really change. But Nintendo's general policy has been everything should already be in the release; coincidentally, Awakening could have probably changed that. I don't see Roy as getting the late add unless he's a clone again, or even just a barely semi-clone like Ganondorf in Brawl. But Roy's best chances would be to somehow beat out Ike as the second returning Smash Fighter, along with the FE 13 rep. I feel as Roy and other cut Melee characters (really just him and Mewtwo) contend with the Brawl veterans from their series.

I don't get why he would pass on Chrom (or Lucina) in that situation. In order to bring in a new audience, and to avoid cutting a character, he would leave Ike and Marth and add the FE13 rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom