• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Technically, can't they join you right before the last chapter? That's when mine opened up the option...
Pretty sure that none of it is canon.
Bear in mind they can only join the good guys after the story is over.
Yeah, they can join before the last chapter.
Even if it's non-canon, it still proves that have good in them, because they have the same personality. Too much inner good in these villains. Especially Gangrel. Very disappointing.
And I don't think they will ever confirm them as non-canon, since they can all be with the Avatar. If they were not canon, it would uncanonize your avatar's marriage and child. If that makes sense. Fire Emblem is very committed to have all available options in marriage and parentage to remain possible, if that makes sense.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now that I think about it...what hair color does Morgan get if your Avatar marries Basilio? O_0

I'd guess Black, since the stubble, but still...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
ven if it's non-canon, it still proves that have good in them, because they have the same personality. Too much inner good in these villains. Especially Gangrel. Very disappointing.
Heaven forbid we have villains who do more than just twirl their moustaches. Out of curiosity, do you consider Ganondorf a disappointing villain as well?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike might not be a pretty boy, but he's a straight up sexy ass rugged man. Chicks DO call him handsome however

Reason alone he's the most awesome Lord of all: He can get all the ladies he wants, but he's still picky as ****. This is a sign of a man who knows how to hunt *****.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Heaven forbid we have villains who do more than just twirl their moustaches. Out of curiosity, do you consider Ganondorf a disappointing villain as well?
Walhart was already a non-twirling mustache villain from the way he treated his troops in the chapter you face him. There's nothing wrong with a villain having a little bit of good, but he or she can't have too much, or it cheapens their actions in the game.

No I like the darkness of Ganondorf. He really seems like the opposite of Link. I haven't played a game where Ganondorf go-karts or parties with Link. If there is one, I reserve the right to change my mind. I don't mind villains being playable characters, nor having noble intentions for their people or army. There's nothing better than a villain who feels he's justified in his actions. But that doesn't mean they should join up with heroes. It's a personal thing.

If Ike and Chrom both make it into the game, using the RD aged up Ike would definitely differentiate the characters more. If you don't like the RD Ike, I'm sure they could make a few adjustments. But he definitely shifted from pretty boy to badass in RD.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Brawl is played how it's 'meant to be played' aka, scrubbish Mario Kart / Party - like item spammage ~ the SmashChu way ~ it might in fact be Link and Ganondorf sharing a role in a party game togheter.

RD Ike with the longer hair of Path of Radiance would be best. At least, to me.

•Col•

Smash Champion
You know things are bad when people try to say a character should get into Smash then go and say that EXISTING characters should be altered so they aren't as similar to the newcomer. D:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
You know things are bad when people try to say a character should get into Smash then go and say that EXISTING characters should be altered so they aren't as similar to the newcomer. D:
Updated*
Other characters get altered to their latest appearance, why should Ike be the exception?

•Col•

Smash Champion
Updated*
Other characters get altered to their latest appearance, why should Ike be the exception?
Firstly his latest appearance would be FE13........ No one wants that.

Second, I would actually much prefer RD Ike. My point was that its ridiculous to say 'Look, these characters aren't similar! Chrom brings a lot of new things to the table.' then go 'If they're too similar, Ike can be changed so Chrom can get in.' D:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I was pointing out the changes in style for the characters in a series, as Smash develops it usually differentiates characters. Look at Mario and Luigi, or Fox, Falco, and Wolf. Ike in RD is a stronger, heavier, and possible slower, so that would make a great contrasting style as Sakurai is always looking for. There really isn't a heavy sword user to my knowledge.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Firstly his latest appearance would be FE13........ No one wants that.

Second, I would actually much prefer RD Ike. My point was that its ridiculous to say 'Look, these characters aren't similar! Chrom brings a lot of new things to the table.' then go 'If they're too similar, Ike can be changed so Chrom can get in.' D:
There's nothing wrong with that.
Sakurai doesn't look at characters individually, he looks at how they work together in game. Besides its a bit of a double standard. If Chrom gets a higher priority you could say Chrom is making room for ike. If he wants to return, he can't be too close. So we'll change the initial plan for chrom. But that's okay because the game is only better for it.

Hong

The Strongest
You know, they could always complete flip the table on us and like unveil Tiki as a playable character. A part of me wants to be completely surprised, so long as it plays well and offers nothing else we have ever seen.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
You know, they could always complete flip the table on us and like unveil Tiki as a playable character. A part of me wants to be completely surprised, so long as it plays well and offers nothing else we have ever seen.
Too big for smash :troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Brawl is played how it's 'meant to be played' aka, scrubbish Mario Kart / Party - like item spammage ~ the SmashChu way ~ it might in fact be Link and Ganondorf sharing a role in a party game togheter.

I don't know that there's a specific "right way" to play Smash. You can play with or without items. Honestly my friends and I turned them back on because they all get sick of me winning all the time. But I enjoy both options.

It's simply a matter of taste.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

Smash is a party game, but it's very different Mario Party. In that you punch and kick the other guy.

The dragon's are a lot smaller in Awakening. They are like the size of Charizard. But being just a dragon doesn't have too much variety. They could transform back, but being manakete, they don't have any other attacks other than using the dragon stone.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, I will go on a record to say that I am in no way hoping for Tiki to appear and she was just a random Fire Emblem character I pulled out on the spot. But, even then, I will say I could more easily imagine a moveset for Tiki than I could, say, Jigglypuff or Captain Falcon.

I wouldn't be upset if she could use the dragonstone without actually transforming. She could spit out blasts of divine energy. She could take moves that are inspired by tomes, such as "Arcwind" being a move that will create a massive pillar of wind that sends her soaring upwards. Maybe transluscent dragon-claws manifest for her smash attacks that mimic her motions... the possibilities are endless. She can fly. She can be the original Tiki, small, agile, light, or the recent Tiki, with greater physical reach. She could even make use of the Fire Emblem and/or its gemstones, each manifesting a different attack.

I could make just about any character or class from Fire Emblem into a fun character that offers something unique to the roster. It is not a matter of whether or not a character can be done, so much as if it should be done when another Nintendo character would be more fitting.

So what roster would each of individually want for Fire Emblem? Something we want to see.

Mine is still Marth, Robin, and Chrom.

Hong

The Strongest
Marth, as Marth.
Lucina, Great Lord. Heavier, harder-hitting, more utility than Marth.

In general I favour a game with a smaller roster with more diverse abilities.

Hong

The Strongest
You are almost clever.

Ike would be cool if they gave him Ragnell's indirect attack and made him more like he actually was. Then I would settle for that.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well Ike was originally going to have an axe projectile, so it wouldn't be out of question for Ike to throw his Ragnell like in a vein to how it functions in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well Ike was originally going to have an axe projectile, so it wouldn't be out of question for Ike to throw his Ragnell like in a vein to how it functions in Fire Emblem: Awakening.
...or use the Ragnell's ranged attack from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Ragnell can shoot projectiles, after all.

Hong

The Strongest
What, really? Never heard about that before. o.o

That would have been awesome.
...or use the Ragnell's ranged attack from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Ragnell can shoot projectiles, after all.
Also much easier to balance. It would have decent coverage, but since it is grounded it wouldn't be an edge-guarding tool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lol axe projectile. Do you even use Ragnell?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
For Ike, I think he was original going to have a Ragnell Sword blast, but they took it out for balance.

Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Lyn.

Marth - Still the fast character. Best at combos out of the four.
Ike: RD Ike, heavier, stronger, but slower.
Lucina - Utilizes mainly sword stabs and lots of diagonals. The Anti-Air Unit out of the four.
Lyn - Slightly slower than Marth, but more acrobatic. Higher jumping, best recovery out of the 4.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike doesn't need to be slower. He needs to be faster and heavier. Also, give him mad Aether buffs. And the Ragnell laser attack,

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
How much does giving a character a projectile make them better? I wouldn't mind seeing eruption replaced with Ragnell's shockwave and I don't think it'd be a huge balancing issue... it's not like a fiery explosion really suits Ike anyway, they can just give it back to Roy if he returns.

The shockwave could control pretty much the same as Eruption... charged move that goes off when the button's released, the shockwave could be bigger and travel farther based off of the charge.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd rather have a game with a balanced cast of awesome characters than a balanced cast of boring characters. Ike shouldn't be boring.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'd rather have a game with a balanced cast of awesome characters than a balanced cast of boring characters. Ike shouldn't be boring.
Being slower doesn't make a character boring. It's a necessary trade off at times, and it matches with his RD strength and relative speed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I very much want this to happen. It's a pipe dream of mine, but Tiki would be really cool. Plus, she's recurring to the series, as well. And that's cool. Plus, a girl/woman who can turn into a dragon is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom