• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If Roy is unpopular, unknown, or unplayable amongst the FE fanbase, that might work against him in regards to his inclusion. But there must be other factors that work towards his inclusion.
Roy is known among both FE and Smash fans, and is popular among both(though he's not universally popular). He also has a unique gimmick in the form of his Sword of Seals, a weapon that gives him access to flame attack, a projectile, and the ability to heal. If Sakurai decided he wanted to(and I see no reason why he wouldn't) he could easily take the time to de-clone Roy.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Ephraim, Erika, Ike, Black knight, Micaiah, Sothe, Chrom, Lucina, and Robin.
You know who has more potential than all of them? Anna. lolololololol.
I'm absolutely horrible at making movesets, though :urg:
I got the ideas, I just can't put them together into a cohesive whole! Developers developers developers developers!
I get to be creative director :3

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You know who has more potential than all of them? Anna. lolololololol.
I'm absolutely horrible at making movesets, though :urg:
I got the ideas, I just can't put them together into a cohesive whole! Developers developers developers developers!
I get to be creative director :3
You show me the actual potential with Anna and I may believe you. But all I have seen of her in game is being an everyday sword user. So i'm inclined to disagree.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You show me the actual potential with Anna and I may believe you. But all I have seen of her in game is being an everyday sword user. So i'm inclined to disagree.
Anna's trickster class is promoted from a thief, so... lockpicks and stealing naturally to the mind.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
The black knight unfortunately is the only viable choice for a villain in the series. But his time has passed it appears.

In terms of Roy, what has changed in between Brawl and Smash 4 that makes him more of a viable character that would rival Lucina's and/or Chrom's relevance, importance, recentness, uniqueness, and popularity in relation to the series? A list those factors because to me, everything else just appears to be personal preference. Because if his character did not warrant inclusion in Brawl, what makes it different this time around? And he wasn't in Brawl, despite what the forbidden 7 info we have might tell us. That only proves that there is some Roy data on the disk, not that he barely missed out being in the game. Falco was in a similar position as a clone, and he still made it in.

Not only is she potential a thief, but trickster rely on luck, so they are like gamblers with lives on the line. Also, she's obsessed with money, which can be really fun considering all the different types of currency in the Smash.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If Anna somehow got in, I would expect her moveset to be reflective of Merchant Anna, the character's iconic role, not her playable appearance in FE:A. Merchant Anna has more potential than pretty much any Lord.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly, if I could pick one potential Fire Emblem newcomer, it would have definitely been Anna. But since I'm not Sakurai, I guess anything goes at this point...

And I think Anna could have a pretty unique and cool moveset with her Trickster/Thief class or maybe a moveset based on anything since she is a merchant after all, she should be able to use all sorts of weapons no? :/.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Have you read my essay?

You're thinking of Anna the Trickster, there's a lot more to Anna than just one character, and even that one character you're taking nowhere near in full measure, there's even every single one of her sisters. Do not forget, she's also pretty much the only one of those that can use staffs, and Sakurai could easily take any staff ability ever or even use staffs as a melee weapon. Not to mention she wields the sword backwards, it's like she's using a dagger. Not to mention that she's most commonly and usefully (stats wise) depicted and used with a Levin Sword, which is not a striking sword in the slightest, the Levin Sword simply allows Sakurai to put everything a tome wielding character could do into Anna. That just being Trickster Anna, take a look at the other Annas, Merchant Anna uses spears, lances, and the like. Anna the Assassin (Trickster Anna's main reclass and other Thief upgrade, Lethality would be a cool FS, also shows up elsewhere in Anna lore) can use bows. I've seen many great suggestions for Anna's moveset, and I can tell you as a practitioner of The Noble Science (European Martial Arts, that means sword technique and polearm technique etc) as well as numerous other eastern arts (Escrime and Kali for daggers, which the Levin Sword pretty much would be used as in combat outside of its EXCLUSIVE role as magic thrower), she is ballin' out of control for variety. And her variety even has backstory to deal with it (Annathology book etc).

All in all, what have you got? A lance user, a staff user, a tome user, a bow user, a dagger user, a different type of sword user, however you wanna take it. If that's not the most potential for a Fire Emblem character you've ever seen, I don't know what is.
If you wanna push the limit, you can do anything with this character, far more realistically than other characters.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Merchant Anna can use pretty much whatever she damn well pleases, seeing as she owns just about every item in the history of the series. There's potential for an incredibly varied moveset there. Hopefully they keep promoting her in more active roles so she might actually have a faint chance at inclusion in the next game.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well Anna has always been well to know to have a love for money and her class in Awkening is Trickster soooo. lets see here

Basic Combo - Quick slash the goes left, the a quick slash that goes right, then a quick uppercut that has small knock back. Quick, short range, first two attacks are rather weak while the last one is about average in strength.

Side Tilt - A quick precise stab.

Down Tilt - A quick stab to the feet.

Up Tilt - A quick stab into the air.

Side Smash - A stronger but slower version of Stilt.

Down Smash - Crouches down and spins around, staying in the same sport, with her Dagger/Sword.

Up Smash - Stronger but slower version of Utilt.

Neutral Special - Throws heavy bags of coins at enemies, good range, good attack, slow, good hitstun, somewhat useful for ledgegaurding if used right, not really spamable.

Side Special - throws single coins really fast at enemies, weak, fast, light hitstun, good for ledgeguardin, spammable.

Up Special - Simmaler to Marth's Up Special but longer, fast, and weaker.

Down special - Pulls out Levin Sword and raises up and call lighting down from the sky, simalir to Pikachu's Thunderbolt but faster and weaker.

Just something i thought of real quikc, didn't bother with grabs though. :/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Perhaps if Anna does get in, they will do with her like they did with Pit in Smash Bros Wii U/3DS. Let her make use of all sorts of weaponry the series provides, like her Side Special will be her using the Lance, Up Special is Rescue, Down Special she uses an Axe and Neutral Special she uses the Tomes.

Honestly, like people said, she is a merchant and thus she should be able to have access to all sorts of weapons she can use

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think for her throws, she should pickpocket the character before she throws them. And if you zoom in, you can see her grab out money depending on what series the character is from. Mario = coins. Zelda = Rupees. Donkey Kong = Bananas. etc.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think for her throws, she should pickpocket the character before she throws them. And if you zoom in, you can see her grab out money depending on what series the character is from. Mario = coins. Zelda = Rupees. Donkey Kong = Bananas. etc.

That would be glorious! XD I wish I could like your post multiple times. She should definitely have a grab animation where she looks like she is pick-picketing her opponent. Maybe as she throws them away she quickly looks at the form of currency she toke from them and then puts it into her pockets. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lobsters aren't red, unless you're referring to a cooked lobster.

OBJECTION!

Although rare, there is about a one in ten million chance that a wild lobster can be found naturally red. Fitting, as Walhart has about a 1 in 10 million chance of being playable. :troll:

In all seriousness, he'd be cool to see, though.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Walhart would be a good villain character. Unfortunately, he redeemed himself by becoming a playable good guy, which disqualifies him as a villain character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Validar, on the other hand...

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Walhart would be a good villain character. Unfortunately, he redeemed himself by becoming a playable good guy, which disqualifies him as a villain character.
Ugh, canon DLC.
Hmm, an interesting problem which helps and hinders many a character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I guess Bowser and Dedede aren't villains either right?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I guess Bowser and Dedede aren't villains either right?
I am very disappointed at both of them. Not only does Bowser join forces in Super Mario RPG, but he continues to play golf, tennis, go-kart, and party with Mario. And he constantly resizes himself, which Ridley should learn to do. Dedede should also be ashamed, but he less to be ashamed of.

In the context of Fire Emblem, it's very different since those characters will reappear in the franchise. It took awhile for them to become playable and even then they are reluctant. This is likely the only time we will see Walhart. I would have liked him to say 100% bad. The best part of his character is he's doing nothing wrong, he just is doing his job, which conflicts with the goals of Chrom. That make a great villain: one who believes he's justified. FE also it a bit more serious of a series.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Wasn't Dedede only a bad guy in the 1st Kirby game?
No he's been a reoccurring boss.

I think Wart's been waiting for a reappearance.

But I like my bad guys to stay bad. As much as I enjoyed those extra chapters, I personally don't like to think of them as canon.

D

Deleted member

A redeemed villain can still count as a villain character.
People still count Wolf as a villain despite turning "good" by the end of Assault.

Wario is pretty much a villain in Smash despite being an Anti-Hero for years.

Robin, the multi-gendered tactician (you can pick to pay as what gender you want)
The basic look for each is used
Offers the traditional sword and brings in magic as well

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
A redeemed villain can still count as a villain character.
People still count Wolf as a villain despite turning "good" by the end of Assault.

Wario is pretty much a villain in Smash despite being an Anti-Hero for years.
It's more of a personal thing. Ganondorf shines (or darkens) in this regard because he's never go-karted with Link. They are still villains in smash, but they are heroes or anti-heroes in my eyes.

And it's pretty weak how it happens in Awakening.
Spoilers of course:

"Hey, you survived? And you're not doing anything? Yeah you should join us."
"After the chapter, ok sure."
Or with Gangrel.
"You know if you I talk to you three times, I'll probably forgive you for the death of my sister. Who isnt even dead"

This is not counting the countless amount of nameless soldiers these characters killed. My point is that it cheapens them as villains seeing them as playable characters who are basically forgiven.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure that none of it is canon.
Bear in mind they can only join the good guys after the story is over.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I definitely see the potential in Anna. However I'm not sure that they would give her every single weapon. My guess is that they would stick with a sword as the base weapon, and then have some sort of Thief mechanic as a part of her character.

I still don't see her happening, but I can appreciate the concept.

@Habanero, We get it. You don't like Chrom. Whatever you say. Chrom is a "lame sword wielder". I guess Roy and at least 80% of the other Lords of the series are sooo much better. (Roy has an edge because of teh firez and a projectile I will admit). You may not appreciate Chrom as the middle of the road character, but I could. It would produce strategy aside form Marth and Ike. It doesn't sound like it's that different, but gameplay wise it would be. Chrom could be given a moveset just as much as Anna could if we're going by class customization.

Instead of constantly trying to make me look bad, which is certainly what it is looking like, please find something else to talk about. Nobody cares about what I think THAT much. So you shouldn't either.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pretty sure that none of it is canon.
Bear in mind they can only join the good guys after the story is over.

Technically, can't they join you right before the last chapter? That's when mine opened up the option...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I still don't see her happening, but I can appreciate the concept.

Yeah Anna although a very enjoyable idea (in my opinion at least) is still a pretty unlikely character of making it into Smash. At least at this point of time. We will just have to see what Intelligent System's has in store for her in future Fire Emblem games. If they continue her role on from Fire Emblem Awakening and turn her into a very popularly recognizable character then I think she could have a chance. But right now I don't think its her time yet sadly. :/

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Lol, Ike is awesome in Radian Dawn, they need to implement the Radiant Dawn design for the fact that RD design reflects the Strong/Slow fighter better then his PoR....
❤But the pretty boy to manly man ratio will be skewed! That can't happen. :( If it does, I opt for Marth getting a hairstyle change! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom