• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
WOAH!

Chrono what has gotten into you?

Now you have done something shameful. Let stuff go dude.
I am tired of letting people letting their petty feuds and beefs with me let them insult. Sorry, but I have not mind to tolerate it. I am sure that if anyone insulted you or mocked you, you would pay mind to address it too.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Anyway since it got buried at the bottom of the previous page:

mk2 (the largest Japanese game fan review website):

FE10: Radiant Dawn (overall points of 75, Grade of A)
http://wiimk2.net/title.php?title=227

FE5: Thracia 776 (overall points of 82, no letter grade due to receiving very few reviews):
http://vc.wiimk2.net/title.php?title=540

FE4: Seisen no Keifu (overall points of 75, letter grade of C, curving for letter grades is harsher for VC titles):
http://vc.wiimk2.net/title.php?title=279

FE3: Monsho no Nazo (overall points of 71, letter grade of C, curving for letter grades is harsher for VC titles):
http://vc.wiimk2.net/title.php?title=276

FE9: Path of Radiance (overall points of 73, letter grade of A):
http://gcmk2.net/rpg/fireemblemsouen.html

FE6: Fuuin no Tsurigi (overall points of 78, letter grade of A):
http://gba-mk2.com/srpg/fire.html

FE7: Rekka no Ken (overall points of 78, letter grade of A):
http://gba-mk2.com/srpg/fire2/index.html

FE8: Sacred Stones (overall points of 65, letter grade of C):
http://gba-mk2.com/srpg/fire3.html

FE12: Shin Monsho no Nazo (overall points of 75, letter grade of A):
http://ndsmk2.net/title.php?title=1988

FE11: Shadow Dragon (overall points of 60, letter grade of C):
http://ndsmk2.net/title.php?title=1017

FE13: Awakening: (overall points of 69, letter grade of B):
http://ndsmk2.net/3ds/title.php?title=233

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That's a dumb reason.
People simply want to start fights with me just because I offended them in the past or I got in an argument with them in the past. Its beyond childish. People can never forgive and forget.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I will say that the Fire Emblem thing is starting to become stupid, and this is coming from the guy that loves the series. Both Chrom and Roy are kind of not that interesting, Lucina is just Marth: Vagina Edition, and both Robin and Anna are a crap shot. I also personally hate Robin for being a Marty Stu/Mary Sue. So regardless, nobody is going to win jack squat.

Can't we just get like, Ephraim or something else instead? Less ******** involved overall I'd imagine.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am tired of letting people letting their petty feuds and beefs with me let them insult. Sorry, but I have not mind to tolerate it. I am sure that if anyone insulted you or mocked you, you would pay mind to address it too.
Still doesn't excuse bringing up something that happened MONTHS ago. Besides, whose to say that he was letting some feud get in the way? He may have just thought something and stated it.

And to regards to people who have insulted me and the like?

I have.

And you know what?

I let stuff go after it's dealt with.

I befriended Noler_Mass (He's a cool guy, we did NOT like each other at first be we grew on each other).

Me and Noah started to accept our differences and have a respect for each other and you have no idea how much we did not like each other. A lot of stuff went on in PMs.

Point is. Take the high road and forgive, he's agreed with you many other times. I doubt he has some grudge against you. He probably forgot the incident like most of us have.

Morbi

Scavenger
I will say that the Fire Emblem thing is starting to become stupid, and this is coming from the guy that loves the series. Both Chrom and Roy are kind of not that interesting, Lucina is just Marth: Vagina Edition, and both Robin and Anna are a crap shot. I also personally hate Robin for being a Marty Stu/Mary Sue. So regardless, nobody is going to win jack squat.

Can't we just get like, Ephraim or something else instead? Less *****ing involved overall I'd imagine.
A fan of Fire Emblem and Lucina is JUST a female clone of Marth? Ok...

bobadz

Smash Ace

Can't we just get like, Ephraim or something else instead? Less *****ing involved overall I'd imagine.
They should just add Ephram Hector and Eliwood in addition to Marth and Ike.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Point is. Take the high road and forgive, he's agreed with you many other times. I doubt he has some grudge against you. He probably forgot the incident like most of us have.
I try to reconcile via PMs. But not always are people ready to accept reconciliation (or even want it). Besides, I simply don't have the time to chat with people on a game forum. I am barely on anymore.

D

Deleted member

I think you are still butthurt because I said something that offended you about your friends months ago (that its shameful to be sexually attracted to underaged fictional characters). You need to let it go.

I did nothing shameful.
I had actually forgotten about that, so really, quit being an ass just because you can never seem to see yourself in the wrong about....anything, really.
I'm speaking for everyone in this damn thread fighting about their individual characters and attacking each other with biased points and calling out each other's bias.
I brought you up specifically because as someone who was witness to the rabid Lyn fanbase, it is appalling to see you acting in such a way.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

C'mon, that's not fair to Lucina. She's got long hair too.

Ephraim would be awesome. I love the way he swings his lance and stabs people with it. As all his moves are stabs, he is the one that could benefit most from the diagonal based attack design that Sakurai is looking at from SF4.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I brought you up specifically because as someone who was witness to the rabid Lyn fanbase, it is appalling to see you acting in such a way.
Perhaps I should not have said he had a pro-Chrom bias (but he definitely has a strong opinion in favor of him to the point where he thinks even Lucina should replace Marth), however, keep in mind that at least among Roy fans, there are very few people that actually are active in defending the character. Pretty much SmashBoards is the only place where there is actually a few people who speak up to defend the character.

I speak up and be more aggressive with Roy to show other Roy supporters that there is actually arguments to be made against Chrom (whom is seen outside SmashBoards as an inevitable addition).

D

Deleted member

By doing what the Lyn fans did to Ike fans?

Are you really wanting to be stepping in hypocrite territory?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I would say for originality of somewhat likely FE reps for Smash would be:
Lyn
Hector
Ephraim
Micaiah
Sigurd
The rest are irrelevant, already in Smash, or have nothing original to offer to Smash

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Perhaps I should not have said he had a pro-Chrom bias (but he definitely has a strong opinion in favor of him to the point where he thinks even Lucina should replace Marth), however, keep in mind that at least among Roy fans, there are very few people that actually are active in defending the character. Pretty much SmashBoards is the only place where there is actually a few people who speak up to defend the character.

I speak up and be more aggressive with Roy to show other Roy supporters that there is actually arguments to be made against Chrom (whom is seen outside SmashBoards as an inevitable addition).
Yeah. I'm on an FE site that barely tolerates Roy. I like him for getting me into Fire Emblem in general and I like his game a fair bit so I want him to come back. But if he doesn't I will not complain I admit there are better choices to be made. I just want an old friend back so to speak.

I could see how they could change his moveset even but I admit as well. Many of the other FE lords could be much more unique.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
During pre-Brawl, when faced against much larger numbers of louder haters and supporters, sometimes individuals would have to be more aggressive and "meaner" in order to fight those people. That is how we Ike supporters had to deal with the Lyn fanbase. Unfortunately, the Roy haters still end up using the same tired arguments after all these years (that FE6 is unpopular, that its unfair to support Roy because most Westerners have not played his game etc.)

I am curious why no one responsed to the Japanese review aggregates I posted. I think that pretty much shows what the Japanese fanbase thinks of each game in the FE series.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
During pre-Brawl, when faced against much larger numbers of louder haters and supporters, sometimes individuals would have to be more aggressive and "meaner" in order to fight those people. That is how we Ike supporters had to deal with the Lyn fanbase. Unfortunately, the Roy haters still end up using the same tired arguments after all these years (that FE6 is unpopular, that its unfair to support Roy because most Westerners have not played his game etc.)

I am curious why no one responsed to the Japanese review aggregates I posted. I think that pretty much shows what the Japanese fanbase thinks of each game in the FE series.
I showed it to some people. They could hardly believe the scores, or Roy's Japanese popularity lol.

Morbi

Scavenger

I wasn't around back then. In his defense sometimes you have to disregard a character in order to support a character. There isn't enough room in SSB4 for Marth, Roy, Ike, and Chrom. I don't really think he actually takes it too serious. I mean he is just supporting his character. I have taken a lot of **** on these forums from just saying that Impa has a CHANCE. If people like the character, they just tend to disregard the other characters. It is natural.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Many of the other FE lords could be much more unique.
Which brings up the topic to the Divergent Character Evolution thing I've mentioned, previously regarding to how Fire Emblem: Awakening has made the returning characters more distinctive by giving them more distinctive redesigns and reclassing them to different classes, using Marth and Seliph as an example.

I'd imagine the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem game would also do something similar for the sake of diversity.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Which brings up the topic as to the Divergent Character Evolution thing I've mentioned, previously regarding to how Fire Emblem: Awakening has made the returning characters more distinctive by giving them more distinctive redesigns and reclassing them to different classes, using Marth and Seliph as an example.

I'd imagine the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem game would also do something similar for the sake of diversity.
Yeah. That it did, I also liked how Ephraim was a great knight, was a nice nod to who his lance teacher in Sacred Stones was, Duessel

I also agree with the crossover adding more diversity to them.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

I am sorry, but sometimes you need to point out the faults to another character when supporting a character, and Chrom does have some legitimate faults, and is not an inevitability like many think he is, especially within the context of the characters already in Smash Bros. Perhaps, I could be more measured in my criticisms, but regardless I don't see why its wrong for me to point out that Chrom has problems and that he is not "extremely likely".

D

Deleted member

jaytalks hadn't even discussed these points nor Roy at all, yet you attack him with being "pro-Chrom biased" and "saying a lot of nothing".

There's a fine line between being aggressive to support your character and assaulting someone because of their beliefs. You crossed that line.

I am sorry, but sometimes you need to point out the faults to another character when supporting a character, and Chrom does have some legitimate faults, and is not an inevitability like many think he is, especially within the context of the characters already in Smash Bros. Perhaps, I could be more measured in my criticisms, but regardless I don't see why its wrong for me to point out that Chrom has problems and that he is not "extremely likely".
Chrom may not be inevitable, and he may have his faults, but all you're doing at this point is "My bias is stronger than your bias!", and it's rather sickening to see.

I wasn't around back then. In his defense sometimes you have to disregard a character in order to support a character. There isn't enough room in SSB4 for Marth, Roy, Ike, and Chrom. I don't really think he actually takes it too serious. I mean he is just supporting his character. I have taken a lot of **** on these forums from just saying that Impa has a CHANCE. If people like the character, they just tend to disregard the other characters. It is natural.
It's not disregarding the character that's the issue; it's attacking others because who they support is not the one you do.

(As for Impa, she's kind of a pariah here because of the user Diddy Kong. He single-handedly made most of the forum hate her.)

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
In regards to how she would work in smash.
Well she would work in Smash like how she works in Awakening. Completely different than Marth.

I'm not sure if you're referring to me, but I've never advocated for Lucina to replace Marth. I am for Lucina over Chrom and all other possible FE lords, and for Ike and Marth to return. I specifically contrast Lucina with Marth to show she could be different and coexist with Marth.

Lacking defense for a character is never a reason to make assumptions about people. I don't ever attack Roy's character or Roy as a character. I usually simply comment on his likelihood and use that in relation to other characters. If you look to the left of this post, I actually mained Roy back in the Melee days. I probably wouldnt have tried the FE series if it wasn't for Roy, as I liked him much better than Marth. But just because I like a character doesn't mean I am beyond questioning their likelihood. For that matter, I repeatedly say Lucina is less likely than Chrom, and even less likely if we get only two characters from the FE series.

I understand your passion for Roy, but I think by putting down Chrom in such a way you probably turn off more people to your argument. Maybe that's just me, but to get someone who only wants Chrom so he can be paired up with Lucina (ack my true plan has been revealed) to comment in a defensive response shows something. Roy needs to be able stand just as strong character, rather than cutting his fellow lords. Together we ride, after all.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well she would work in Smash like how she works in Awakening. Completely different than Marth..
Come up with a moveset for her.

A completely ORIGINAL moveset.

Only rule is that counter can be a Down B as it seems to be an FE thing.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
jaytalks hadn't even discussed these points nor Roy at all, yet you attack him with being "pro-Chrom biased" and "saying a lot of nothing".

There's a fine line between being aggressive to support your character and assaulting someone because of their beliefs. You crossed that line.
Like I said, I need to be more measured sometimes. I bite my tongue most of the time, even when other users directly insult me or make a snide remark about me (only reminding them that it was inappropriate for them to do so).

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Lucario is from Fire Emblem? Mind=Blown!
Yeah you had to put in the Konami Code! So weird right? xD

On a serious note. If they really wanted Lucina to be in, they could make her a fragile speedster, maybe with some lance moves as well or a reference to the reclass feature in Awakening have various moves from different classes? Not sure.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lucario is from Fire Emblem? Mind=Blown!
Yeah didn't you know?

He's the lord of Fire Emblem: Aura of the Emblem.

He was the first Lord who used his fists to fight opponents.

He also has a thirty percent critical hit rate is he uses an attack involving claws. :troll:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Yeah didn't you know?

He's the lord of Fire Emblem: Aura of the Emblem.

He was the first Lord who used his fists to fight opponents.

He also has a thirty percent critical hit rate is he uses an attack involving claws. :troll:
Killer Claws were so rare man.

D

Deleted member

Like I said, I need to be more measured sometimes. I bite my tongue most of the time, even when other users directly insult me or make a snide remark about me (only reminding them that it was inappropriate for them to do so).
You sure bit your tongue when you lashed out at me and called me butthurt about something that happened months ago just because I mentioned you by name over concerns within the entire thread. :rolleyes:

Actually, what I've noticed is for the most part, you really can't take it when someone says anything about you that's not in a positive light. And while this is probably going to result in more childish insults about butthurt I am over an expired issue, rarely do I ever see you bite your tongue.
If anything, you're just as bad as I am when it comes to that. The only difference is that I have accepted that's a part of me and don't try to act otherwise.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Minor correction, but there actually two Lords in Fire Emblem: Aura of The Emblem. Lucario and Zoroark, though Lucario is treated as the main star. The two want revenge on the Kalos region due to the destruction of Unova caused by Yveltal, but in actually there is a bigger secret about the Pokemon world that threatens the whole universe.

D

Deleted member

Minor correction, but there actually two Lords in Fire Emblem: Aura of The Emblem. Lucario and Zoroark, though Lucario is treated as the main star. The two want revenge on the Kalos region due to the destruction of Unova caused by Yveltal, but in actually there is a bigger secret about the Pokemon world that threatens the whole universe.
Didn't Riolu from Fire Emblem: The Wave-Guiding Staff appear in the game as an infant at the very end?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So hypothetically speaking guys. What would you like to see IF Roy returns. Moveset wise? I'd like to see him focus more on wide arcing swings being stronger on the ground maybe? and fire [duh] maybe even a flame based projectile? I mean he did have one in Sword of Seals/Binding Blade. They could give him some axe moves as well now thanks to Awakening making him a Hero if they really wanted to.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
You know, Chrono, there IS a way to not have to hold your tongue, and neither hold back your opinions or criticisms, and you wouldn't get heated or blasted like this.
You know, everyone else who insults or whatever Chrono or to anyone ever, you shouldn't do that.
*Sits cross legged, straight backed, in Agura position, robes falling about*
As you have said, Chrono, measured strokes, your words can pierce their veils and open them to wisdom. Whatever you say you must say with love, this will surely be the greatest force of enlightenment to those you would convince and yourself, if your word does end up being the false.

I for one agree with Chrono that Chrom is bleck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom