• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I've been thinking about Chrom and Roy lately, and I've decided that I really wouldn't mind if Roy got in over Chrom at all. Granted i'd like to see both of them in. I've come to the realization that Chrom has **** in moveset potential compared to Roy, so I believe that would be the deciding factor between the two.

Basically, for me, it's Roy and Chrom for Smash.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
OH WOW GEEZ A CHARACTER HAS A SWORD IN A FIRE EMBLEM GAME THIS IS SUCH A VERY OBSCURE CONCEPT WHAT THE HELL AM I LOOKING AT

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
What's with Noler_Mass' sudden outburst? :laugh:

Overall, I agree with he said though.
Ritalin man. It's... Good.

All I'm saying is I like Ike from this point on. But if I can't have him, I at least hope the dude who replaced him is cool / fun.
There you go lol.

For most fire emblem characters the moveset potential is really kind of an issue if you don't your judgement isn't clouded by fandom. Which if you think about it is kind of annoying because in the long run the 4 main contenders for the spot are all not very unique in moveset potential. I am starting to think that sakurai may in fact be looking for more unique aspects of fire emblem to represent the game. But he also may not, I mean no matter how you look at it, arena ferox does do a very good job at either representing Chrom or lucina (or Marth). But if sakurai stays true to his word he might not be looking at popularity to define the character. One thing is certainly true and that is that arena ferox works well as a smash stage, so it may or may not be there to represent Chrom or Lucina. And another thing is that no matter what fire emblem character he picks, that character will get a nearly equal boom in popularity. So why should he not pick a unique character? There certainly are some characters who served as main characters in their games that could have unique moveset potential. Personally I think lyn has a great shot since she is most certainly already on his radar as an assist trophy, but others who have potentiallity are ephraim or robin or micaiah, or my personal favorite the black knight. I mean seriously though Im starting to care less and less about who makes the roster, but the black knight coming in who make me shed man-tears. Even seeing him as a boss or assist trophy would just make me so happy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I expected Anna to striker her enemies with bags of money.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
your profile picture is the last game you beat right? if so, props. How many times did you go into the tower of valni :troll:
You are correct.

And about 6 times. :troll:

Real easy to level up in that game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is arguably the easiest game in the entire series. Not that it's a huge problem, in fact I'd recommend that game first for beginners. Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame and Fire Emblem: Awakening are also good spots to start with.

For contrast, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 is probably the hardest game in the series. Lunatic/Maniac mode in games like Fire Emblem: Awakening and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn can also be pretty brutal too.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I've been thinking about Chrom and Roy lately, and I've decided that I really wouldn't mind if Roy got in over Chrom at all. Granted i'd like to see both of them in. I've come to the realization that Chrom has **** in moveset potential compared to Roy, so I believe that would be the deciding factor between the two.

I kinda see it the other way, since sakurai likes to keep characters as they were, roy has more of a chance to return as a clone which means he has crap for move potential IMO. Playing through FE:A right now and i think chrom is a great character, and he has plenty they can give him that would make him stand apart from the rest, or even enough they could make up.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ironically, I've seen more creativity provided for Roy then Chrom.

Mongrels cannot even provide anything good from the very character they support. How depressing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ironically, I've seen more creativity provided for Roy then Chrom.

Mongrels cannot even provide anything good from the very character they support. How depressing.

Calling Chrom supporters "Mongrels" is the more depressing thing here...

"I don't agree with them, so that means I am above them." :rolleyes:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Calling Chrom supporters "Mongrels" is the more depressing thing here...

"I don't agree with them, so that means I am above them." :rolleyes:
Not my fault nobody knows how to be creative with a character that has a very drab hindrance going for him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not my fault nobody knows how to be creative with a character that has a very drab hindrance going for him.

Nice to know you've been blind the past week, when at least two people posted rather non-generic Chrom movesets.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't get why you are so hostile against people who like a character that you don't. It's a f***ing video game. Who cares what other people like? Doesn't mean you have to rain on their parade.

Name calling isn't needed either. For the most part i'm respectful in my conversations. If you don't like Chrom keep out of his thread and leave the people who do like him alone.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
A few things after playing a pack of chapters:
I wanted to cry at the Lucina truth scene, but it was 4 A.M. to even do that.

I want Lon Qu' to be the next AT (who functions just like Lyn)
Nowi is my favorite FE character in the whole game.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If you cannot tolerate honesty, then you're going to have a rough time on the internet. Just saying it right now, because you seem to be really naive.
Honesty? You call berating and acting childish on the internet honesty? Pretty sure those are two completely different things.

Having an honest opinion =/= Talking down to people because they like something that you do not.

Also, Golden with the classic Laughing Bruce gif. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Pretty much decided to make the Bruce Laugh a signature of mine, like how Jalapeno has his Fire Emblem images.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
all positives of all possible characters.
Here's the positives behind adding any of the main characters in the games I've played:
Marth:
- the one who started it all
-First Lord
-Quick and agile
- has been in the most Smash games
-most recognizable
- graceful style
Lyn:
-the only lord who is swordmaster based released world wide. Eirika is fencing based.
- Cool critical hit animations. maybe coolest in the history of the series
- so fast actually vanishes
- dodges just by moving her head
- could wield both the mani-katti and sol katti
Eliwood:
- first main lord to be released internationally
- his horse, which appears to be able to fly (check out durandal critical hit)
- goes all cloud and has durandal, wields it with one hand
- roy's father
(sorry on this one)
Hector:
-armads is a very cool axe
- true strong but slow heavy character
- he's a tank
- armads critical hit is awesome
- no other lord uses axe
-grows a great beard
Ephraim:
- only lord to use a lance
- not slow, but not fast. good middle
- cool swings of his lance for criticals
- kills mages with one hit
-“Trust me. I don't pick fights I can't win.”
Eirika:
- has a cool fencing style that differentiates her from other sword users
- critical hits are very graceful
- has more info in her story line
- learned from her brother and has a stabbing style with her sword
- bride in awakening DLC
Ike:
- could be a possible heavy character
- strong and fast in PoR, really strong in RD
- Only lord not a part of royalty.
- has his own class: ranger.
- defies the trend of supports and chooses to marry no one.
- aether is his signature move and its awesome
Micaiah:
- magic based lord.
- explosions
- magical powerhouse
- high luck
- her own class priestess
Sothe (on the cover of radiant dawn and in SMT X FE trailer):
- first main character from thief class
- steals for free
- can become king of Daein
- fast character
Robin:
- can use both magic and swords
- can be male or female or just have a hood
- can be strong at any stat
- could use swords with magic surrounding them
Chrom:
- good mid range, neither really strong nor really slow
- his cape waves even if there is no air
- has his own version aether
- main lord of the first FE to break a million (probably)
- balanced lord
Lucina:
(spoilers)

- outfit nice homage to the first lord in the game, but different in its own way
- appears on the cover of the game FE:A, the FE:A soundtrack, and artbook, and in the middle of two other main characters during the intro of the game, indicating her status as a main character
- wields double-handed falchion and uses a very different stance than other lords (chrom uses it in picture but not in game)
- can also use Chrom's aether
- stabbing based style
- could represent the generation aspect of FE, which has been used in FE4 and FE13

(end spoilers)
All available characters could really add something if you choose to see it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
all positives of all possible characters.
Here's the positives behind adding any of the main characters in the games I've played:

Hector:
-grows a great beard
I now suddenly want Old Hector in Smash Bros.

Hong

The Strongest
Please be reorchestrated for Smash 4. '~'

Along with a ton of awesome tracks from Awakening. So much great music has come out since Brawl! How will they pick?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Please be reorchestrated for Smash 4. '~'

Along with a ton of awesome tracks from Awakening. So much great music has come out since Brawl! How will they pick?
Not to mention they still have plenty of Jugdral [FE4 and FE5] tracks they didn't use for some reason. I mean if even Gaiden got a theme why not 4 and 5?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

If they find a unique way to incorporate the Shield of Seals that, perhaps, hasn't been done before for a shield and/or give Chrom a Pair Up system gimmick, to me, that will make him somewhat distinguished. I say "somewhat" because if Chrom gets in, I'm hoping he'll have some effort put into him; I really don't want him being the middle road between Marth and Ike. Like I've already said, I personally view him being a rush down fighter with a good keep-away game...for some odd reason.

I'm really fond of MvC, and every time when I think of fitting newcomers into archetypes, I naturally compare/related them to MvC fighters, helping me envision their playstyle. It's not accurate since MvC is totally different than Smash, but it helps with ideas. Um, to see what I mean...

Chrom:

- Amaterasu: I've already said that I'm not too keen on him being a "jack-of-all-trades", so more like rush down Ammy
- Hsien-Ko: No, no, no...I don't expect Chrom to be bottom tier but more or less having some of Hsien-Ko's properties. Yeah...I have no idea why I'm relating Chrom to her...don't even know if it's accurate. Urgh, I envision Chrom having a good footsies game, a good mid-range ground-based strategies and poke, poke, poke!, for some reason

Roy:

- Phoenix: No doubt. I'd love it if Roy's fire properties are played up, as well as being a fragile yet devastating fighter once properly mastered. When I made my Roy moveset, I had Phoenix in mind

But yeah, I'm personally more intrigued with Roy's potential. I'm probably going to sound biased saying this, but I always loved fire users in video games. That's why I'd love it if the SoS's fire (and healing) abilities are played up.

I do believe Sakurai has a pretty good idea what the fans want and what will be the best choice for the FE characters. I don't think he'll ask IS this time around, though you never know. If Sakurai feels the need to add in a new face, I can understand why Chrom (or someone else) is chosen. However, having a new face might not be a priority this time; things might be different than what happened with Ike.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eliwood:
- first main lord to be released internationally
- his horse, which appears to be able to fly (check out durandal critical hit)
- goes all cloud and has durandal, wields it with one hand
- gave birth to roy

What.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom