• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So Shulk is a jellyfish, and Eliwood is a seahorse...

Alright, what other sea animal parallel are we going to make next time?

Hong

The Strongest
Every time I clear "Champions of Yore 3" and have to see that hideous rendition of MIcaiah.

why

why did you do this

I was never particularly crazy about Micaiah, but her original design was kind of nice. Her art in Awakening, however, is simply atrocious.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Do you think Marth and Co will get their Awakening looks? I'm not sure. Thinking they'll be in their original looks still.

•Col•

Smash Champion
After Brawl, Marth has appeared in 3 more FE games with some redesigns.

Shadow Dragon:
http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/6/67/MarthDS.jpg

New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~:
http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/5/5a/MarthFE3DS.png
http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/b/b7/Marth3.5.png

Awakening:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130503023158/fireemblem/images/b/b3/Marthdlc_img.jpg

Considering beforehand, pretty much all Sakurai had to go with for the design of Marth in Melee/Brawl was this, I'd be surprised if his design remained completely unaltered for Smash 4.

EDIT: As for Roy getting his FE13 look.. Possibly. Ike's? God I hope not. Radiant Dawn manly Ike is best Ike.

In the end, it literally is just going to come down to Sakurai's personal preferences. Just imagine guys.... What if he LOVED Ike's FE13 redesign?

Hong

The Strongest
Marth in FE13 is Marth from FE3, with a different artistic interpretation, somewhat evolved from Super Smash Bros., adapted for Lucina's inspired character design, and then lastly they basically head-swapped.

I think it will be Brawl's Marth personally. His FE11 I doubt any veterans will take up the appearances created for the DLC, though no one would argue if Roy took up his updated design... perhaps as a costume. I will be very upset if we get FE11 Marth.
So what is going on in this thread now? It seems all over the place
Fire Emblem general discussion, basically.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
After Brawl, Marth has appeared in 3 more FE games with some redesigns.

Shadow Dragon:
http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/6/67/MarthDS.jpg

New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~:
http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/5/5a/MarthFE3DS.png
http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/b/b7/Marth3.5.png

Awakening:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130503023158/fireemblem/images/b/b3/Marthdlc_img.jpg

Considering beforehand, pretty much all Sakurai had to go with for the design of Marth in Melee/Brawl was this, I'd be surprised if his design remained completely unaltered for Smash 4.
I am well aware of all his changes. It is nice to compare them all again though [and nice for those who haven't seen them]. I quite like his New Mystery Design

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
If Roy does get in I'm really hoping they don't use his Awakening design, next to Micaiah's that's probably one of my least favorite redesigns. Roy's newest design doesn't make a lot of sense to me, if we look at the Swordmasters (and Lyn) in most Fire Emblem games they're typically wearing light weight, cloth armor which signifies their need for speed and mobility. Many of the Troubadours and Clerics are portrayed as dainty, delicate, but kind and caring which tags along with a theme of the need to support and protect others while Generals typically wear heavy looking armor that represents their stoic defenses. Roy's new design on the other hand, while it looks flashy, doesn't seem to have a particular theme going on. (And where's his signature sword?)

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
If Roy does get in I'm really hoping they don't use his Awakening design, next to Micaiah's that's probably one of my least favorite redesigns. Roy's newest design doesn't make a lot of sense to me, if we look at the Swordmasters (and Lyn) in most Fire Emblem games they're typically wearing light weight, cloth armor which signifies their need for speed and mobility. Many of the Troubadours and Clerics are portrayed as dainty, delicate, but kind and caring which tags along with a theme of the need to support and protect others while Generals typically wear heavy looking armor that represents their stoic defenses. Roy's new design on the other hand, while it looks flashy, doesn't seem to have a particular theme going on. (And where's his signature sword?)
Roy funny enough was my favorite of the Awakening re-designs other then say Leif or Elincia. It's a very heroic [he is the hero class in Awakening after all] and cool based look and the artist who did it was the artist of "The Last Story"

Hong

The Strongest
A lot of people liked Roy. I am intrigued with kikaru's thoughts on it.

I was very upset with Elincia. To field her without access to Amiti, the sacred treasure of Crimea, is something I found... very disappointing. I wish they had just made a Queen class exclusive to her that could equip swords, lances and staves. The absence of swords on Falcon Knights in of itself is something I found bewildering.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
A lot of people liked Roy. I am intrigued with kikaru's thoughts on it.

I was very upset with Elincia. To field her without access to Amiti, the sacred treasure of Crimea, is something I found... very disappointing. I wish they had just made a Queen class exclusive to her that could equip swords, lances and staves. The absence of swords on Falcon Knights in of itself is something I found bewildering.
Yeah that was the awkward bit of Awakening. Her not having Amiti and the Black Knight not being able to use swords [in his base class anyways].. Least they did something super cool with Ephraim and made him a Great Knight like his lance instructor was in Sacred Stones though.

D

Deleted member

At first I wasn't a fan of Roy's re-design ever since it doesn't look a lot like a Fire Emblem character, but it's grown on me. Still prefer his FE6 look though.

And I agree, Ike and Micaiah's re-designs were terrible.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If Fe13's Ike is in, then we can deconfirm Owain because both of their sword hands twitch.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I hope they have both the original and FE13 designs for Marth and Roy (if he's in.) But not for Ike please.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I think Roy's redesign is amazing maaaan. Not only that, it's not outdated, being very fresh. Unlike Marth and Ike, Roy really doesn't have another design they can pull from as he hasn't gotten any redesigns (other than Awakening) and doesn't change aesthetically when he promotes. I was hoping he'll get a kickass promotion outfit...totally unfair. :c Though, this is one of the reasons why I believe Roy wasn't originally planned to promote, alluding to FE1 even more.

I have no idea what designs they're going to use in SMTxFE. At any rate, I do believe Sakurai might loosely base Marth and the like's design on Awakening (perhaps if he feels the need to represent Awakening more or as alt costumes) or come up with more original designs. Y'know, drawing inspirations from various outfits and adding his own personal flair (like what he did with Roy). Either way, I'm sure the FE cast will look amazing. ;)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Not to mention they still have plenty of Jugdral [FE4 and FE5] tracks they didn't use for some reason. I mean if even Gaiden got a theme why not 4 and 5?
OMG YES. Havne't finished FE4 yet, and haven't even started FE5, but the music I've heard so far is amazing! Here's some tracks I'd like to see:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
OMG YES. Havne't finished FE4 yet, and haven't even started FE5, but the music I've heard so far is amazing! Here's some tracks I'd like to see:
Quite the good set of tracks there. My personal favorites from fe4

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Speaking of music, I just now realized that most of the Arena themes in FE are rearrangements of older battle themes.
[collapse="For those wondering"]FE4 Arena = FE1 battle music
FE6 Arena = FE4 battle music
FE7 Arena = FE5 battle music
FE8 Arena = FE2 battle music
FE11 Arena = FE9 battle music[/collapse]

Now that we have an arena stage for FE, I'd really like to see some sort of medley of all the Battle themes from each game.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Speaking of music, I just now realized that most of the Arena themes in FE are rearrangements of older battle themes.
[collapse="For those wondering"]FE4 Arena = FE1 battle music
FE6 Arena = FE4 battle music
FE7 Arena = FE5 battle music
FE8 Arena = FE2 battle music
FE11 Arena = FE9 battle music[/collapse]

Now that we have an arena stage for FE, I'd really like to see some sort of medley of all the Battle themes from each game.
It's always fun to notice that the first time. Yeah I'd be up for a battle theme medley, brawl seemed to like medley's so I can only hope we get that along with a returning Shadow Dragon medley.

And one of the Sonic Medley's but that isn't FE related hush up about your first favorite series in your 2nd favorite series thread Jedi

Hong

The Strongest
If we get more than one Fire Emblem stage, it wouldn't be unreasonable. It is a relatively popular song, even with people unfamiliar with the series.

I want a field stage... even though it is kind of generic.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Though I doubt it'd be in Smash this has got to be my favorite song in any Fire Emblem game. (Mostly because it's a piano rendition)

vid
Yeah, that song is absolutely beautiful, and should really appear in some form.

Though it isn't my favourite Awakening track. That title belongs to Chaos:

Hong

The Strongest
^ I really like the battle version of that song. it is on my play list for when I train!

Aside from Purpose, my favourite track is probably Duty. Since we have already seen Regna Ferox, I am 100% confident it will appear in at least the DS version of Smash 4.

Actually, when I think about it:
The two versions will have unique stages. It is entirely possible that Arena Ferox will be 3DS exclusive, while we have something a little more open for the Wii U.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
The two versions will have unique stages. It is entirely possible that Arena Ferox will be 3DS exclusive, while we have something a little more open for the Wii U.
I'd like Riven Bridge from FE9/10 [considering its the one shared stage from both games] or something from FE4/5 [but unsure of what].

Also favorite awakning themes. ID Purpose and Conquest Ablaze.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Divine Decree Ablaze is still a favorite of mine. :b:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I havent seen Arena Ferox as a stage for the Wii U Version, so I think Ike will get the stage honors on Wii U version should he get in. I think it will be Fort Alpea as a stage, which would take cues from Castle Siege. I also hope Marth would get a small stage similar for bother versions. If Ike's not in, Marth will get the home console honors.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
The entire Awakening soundtrack is incredible. Don't speak her name.... ohhhhhhh man. Incredible. Divine Decree is my second favorite, but that entire level. Chapter 10 was masterfully written.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I havent seen Arena Ferox as a stage for the Wii U Version, so I think Ike will get the stage honors on Wii U version should he get in. I think it will be Fort Alpea as a stage, which would take cues from Castle Siege. I also hope Marth would get a small stage similar for bother versions. If Ike's not in, Marth will get the home console honors.
Yeah, I don't see that stage making it onto the Wii U version.

It’s already clear that differences will exist between the two versions, despite the fact that they will share the same roster. Sakurai pointed out to me what trailers and footage have already revealed – the 3DS game will feature stages from portable levels and the Wii U version will contain stages from home console software.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/creating-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds

I feel like Fire Emblem should get a generic Fields/Plains stage considering there's one in pretty much every FE ever.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I found the Castle Siege stage lackluster. I would rather it be from a specific game stage or in game event. Fort Alpea is the chapter and scene I remember most from Radiant Dawn. I'm still pulling for

Grima final boss level

as a stage, It's unlikely as we already have Arena Ferox as a stage, but I could see it involving other locations in FE history if it flew around like the Skyward Sword Stage.

Hong

The Strongest
In concept, Castle Siege is a great stage. Awesome soundtrack, gorgeous design, tries to capture the themes of Fire Emblem.

On the other hand, it had many flaws.

• The transition between stages, in my opinion, was kind of lame. I understand they have an invisible floor because everyone has different falling speeds, but I rather have just like had a piece of the floor or something collapse with the fighters on it.
  • I know this is nit-picky, but Fire Emblem is not a series for catapults. We see lots of fireballs and stuff thrown around... it feels like they captured a generic epic fantasy battle and not Fire Emblem.
  • This "generic epic fantasy battle" theme is likely responsible for the third stage of this battle. Did George Lucas create this stage or something? How did we end up here? That said, it does not play bad or anything, but maybe it would have made more sense for Bowser's castle?
  • Second level, while cool in concept, could have been better. Maybe a wall could have been smashed open to allow for more light, and the floor to both sides could have been collapsed to avoid walk-off KOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom