• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YOU ARE CHOKING. Pick a member of the Ultimate roster to perform the Heimlich maneuver on you during a romantic date

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Pretty much as the title says. You're on a romantic date with a member of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster, the night's going well... before you suddenly start to choke on the food you're eating. They'll need to perform the Heimlich maneuver on you to save your life - but who's hands do you put your life in?

I'd personally go with Richter. I reckon he'd make for great conversation during the date itself and would have a pretty fun personality, but he'd also be pretty quick to try and help you in some way or another if you were choking - he wouldn't just like, stare at you blankly whilst you look like a frog with a crouton in your throat (because there is a crouton in your throat). As for whether he actually knows the Heimlich maneuver or not... I'm not sure, given he was born in 1773, but he'd probably work it out soon enough, or maybe just slap you on the back, which would probably work given how strong he is, but I digress.

Momentary shoutout to Dr. Mario, who doesn't actually have a doctorate and would instead try and fill your throat with Megavitamins because he claims it's a miracle cure-all panacea or something, which would actually just make it infinitely worse and would probably result in you becoming antibiotic-resistant if you even survived the ordeal.

Anyway who would you choose? Feel free to post below

Oracle Link

Smash Master
The only issue is i have no interest in romance and even if i had all my favourite nintendo Characters are kids so yeah nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

FazDude

Smash Master
I’d pick either one of the Mario brothers (good guys who probably know Heimlich), Daisy, Ken, or Banjo (although Kazooie would probably be the third wheel and insult me the whole time)

(i treated this as a platonic friend date i have no desire for a romantic relationship with mr. guh-huh)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Hear me out: :ultridley:

He might not be good company for the date but this is purely about who would be the best at saving you using the Heimlich. Ridley is a space pirate so he likely has experience handling delicate objects which he can’t damage, meaning he might be more delicate than you’d expect. However when it comes down to it he still has the necessary power to do it. As his main enemy is the predominantly human Galactic Federation he likely has knowledge on human anatomy and how to keep a human alive.

You might be asking why I would trust him and good point, but if I was on a date with Ridley at all I think there’d be a good reason for it. Ridley is canonically a cunning evil tactical genius so yes he might just be here to manipulate me but if that’s true at least he’d want me alive. If Ridley just wanted me dead he would kill me, there’s clearly a reason he’d go on a date with me that requires me being alive for the time being.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I bet Wii Fit Trainer knows how to preform a Heimlich manuever. She's the type who seems super knowlegable and on top of things, plus she's got the core strength.

The downside is that she'd probably make terrible conversation since all she'll want to talk about is breathing excersize and yoga poses, but I'm aromantic anyway and if I'm on a date it's to steal garlic bread. Besides I need someone to bully me into eating healthy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'll go with Robin.

As soon as the date's over, he'll go try to raise another person's Support but I'm sure we can bond over books and he'll let me vent anything. So the date part would be fine. I'm less confident that he'll have the physical strength to pull off a Heimlich maneuver but I'm sure he can magic a solution if that fails - at the very least, he has been in battles and would have some knowledge about first-aid.

Top Bottom