• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I think making his Egg Roll into a recovery move would be a good idea. Make it like Wario's Bike which has great horizontal air time and he can leap off of it high into the air.

Yoshi's Egg Roll would have great horizontal air time and Yoshi can pop-out of the Egg Roll leaping into the air when he wants.

Also Yoshi's Egg Throw will allow you to hold the B button down giving you a longer time to aim the egg. You can even walk around holding the egg in you hand, like in Yoshi's Island.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well when Yoshi breaks the egg, he does hop out of it, so it makes sense. Maybe something like while he's curled up he's getting his legs in position to jump as high as he can when he breaks out and it acts like he was on the stage or a platform (like he said, wario bike). But long cooldown to either use DJ or just a longer move to use before using egg roll offstage?

Upon playing melee again, when Yoshi egg rolls he hops pretty high enough to go over small characters like ness kirby etc. (or another comparison, fountain of dreams side platforms when halfway up)

I just hope Yoshi comes soon, tired of filler characters like Marth or Luigi coming up instead of newcomers or the last from the Original 8.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wouldn't call Marth or Luigi fillers but... Yes, it's been overdue for Yoshi's reveal. Hopefully it means that he's been tweaked a little.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
You can't see Yoshi inside of the Egg Roll like you can Wario on his bike, so I figure the egg just explodes and Yoshi is launched upwards.

MAGRWolfX

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3100-1586
Has Snake actually eaten Yoshi you guys think? Why does it take so long for his reveal? :yoshi2: :yoshi: :yoshimelee:

The PM team also doesn't seem to find his inclusion important enough to put him in before the likes of Roy and Mewtwo...

Is this some anti-Yoshi propoganda? Sure, he can't do a 3rd jump but why does the world hate him so badly? :urg:
Don't worry. Our favorite dinosaur will be back. I don't know about P:M though. They probably have a hard time to bring Yoshi back in his Melee form and giving him some new stuff to be a little better than he was in Brawl.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
They should borrow Brawl minus Yoshi, he can DJC cancel with Z so it's optional if he wants to DJC or not.

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry. Our favorite dinosaur will be back. I don't know about P:M though. They probably have a hard time to bring Yoshi back in his Melee form and giving him some new stuff to be a little better than he was in Brawl.
I imagine they are having difficulty with his unique shield. That and ways to buff him out of the near bottom tier all smash games have cursed him to. I imagine out of shield options and a slightly less vulnerable recovery would do Yoshi well.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yoshi is apparently coming out in the next update.
Also Yoshi is Mid tier in Smash 64 and Brawl, just melee he was meh at most. V3ctorman and AmSa do fine with him kinda.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yoshi is apparently coming out in the next update.
Also Yoshi is Mid tier in Smash 64 and Brawl, just melee he was meh at most. V3ctorman and AmSa do fine with him kinda.
Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure that Yoshi will be revealed with Yoshi's New Island or Yarn Yoshi (2014).

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
That'll be hype!
I've never really thought Yoshi has had any sort of hard core attention from the Smash community, being in such tier position. I'm hoping both P:M and Smash 4 will give a bit more TLC to the lovable dino.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yoshi is back in Project M. Rejoice.

I wonder if he's been held back for a reworking...?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
They just wanted to do more interesting characters since almost nobody uses Yoshi since he isn't top tier or has very many games that people liked.

MAGRWolfX

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3100-1586
He can jump out of shield now! Finally! And I also like that Up-tilt. I'm going to enjoy playing with him.

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
I'm excited about Cancel-able Side B, Jump oos, and other great reworks! I've seen some gameplay of him on Twitch, and he looks great! Thank you Project M! I'm really hyped!I loved yoshi, even in Melee. He'll be even better in P:M! The people I play have much reason to fear... Muahahahaha!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Do people really think that Yoshi is cut?
Or is it some really stupid joke on GameFAQS.
Because it's really funny actually.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm... I wonder if Yoshi's b should work as a tether. His recovery is no-where near as good as it should be.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Can't wait to see Smash 4 Yoshi. I'm gonna lose my s*** if he's top tier and just trashes everything. Even a slight buff from Brawl and I'm maining him. Just better hitboxes and priority and some stronger smashes and I'm good.

Ok, so I'll still main Wolf if he's in...but if he's not...Yoshi man.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Do people really think that Yoshi is cut?
Or is it some really stupid joke on GameFAQS.
Because it's really funny actually.
He has like 2 games coming out next year not to mention he has DLC for lost worlds
Yoshi is back in Project M. Rejoice.

I wonder if he's been held back for a reworking...?
Warchamp said characters like Samus and Yoshi were kinda wonky with collision in the PM engine. Thats 1 reason they took so long to be revealed

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Yoshi: Am I confirmed yet?
Sakurai: Sorry Yoshi, but I haven't gotten to you yet.
Yoshi: *sighs and falls back to sleep*

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

Yoshi: Am I confirmed yet?
Sakurai: Sorry Yoshi, but I haven't gotten to you yet.
Yoshi: *sighs and falls back to sleep*

Hey maybe Sakurai will make him god mode and that's why he's taking so long. He wants to make Yoshi the new Meta Knight and is spending a lot of time tweaking him. He can always hope...

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I had a dream a week ago:

The reason Yoshi's revelation is taking soooo looooong

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Yoshi with Baby Mario should be in smash.
I mean, if the excuse for a 5th Mario is that it's Yoshi's Island, maybe it should ACTUALLY be Yoshi's Island >:/

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Lol. Baby Mario haters.
I disagree for entirely different reasons. I myself have no problem with Baby Mario.

The thing is that Yoshi doesn't need any revamping. His playstyle, albeit hard to master, is pretty much perfect. Aside from minor tweaks that may optimize his recovery and combo potential, he needs no drastic change.

Yes, even the Egg Toss should be left untouched. Arcing eggs are far more efficient than aimable egg imo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No Baby Mario please. I can't take running after him each time I take a hit as Yoshi. Especially not with the current range of his Neutral B. I mean, do you want to nerf Yoshi even more..?

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
No Baby Mario please. I can't take running after him each time I take a hit as Yoshi. Especially not with the current range of his Neutral B. I mean, do you want to nerf Yoshi even more..?
Lol, but the crying would serve as the perfect ear splitting distraction.
His playstyle, albeit hard to master, is pretty much perfect.
Erm... Right. The SBR disagrees.
Personally, I just thought that rather than altering his real moveset, it would be more of an aesthetic thing.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Erm... Right. The SBR disagrees.
Personally, I just thought that rather than altering his real moveset, it would be more of an aesthetic thing.
Let me refrase: In theory, his playstyle offers something unique and fun. It requires no major alterations besides, like I said, buffs in his recovery and whatnots.
And, personally, having Baby Mario without offering any playstyle change feels pointless. I'd rather have a solo Yoshi, a la Yoshi's Story. God I love that game.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It is either Baby Mario w/Yoshi or Yarn Yoshi. Sorry, man. :sadeyes:
Morbid, y u do this? Haven't I suffered enough this past week?
Given the choice of having to have one of these two fairly icky choices I'd rather tape Baby Mario onto Yoshi's back before making him Sackboy for Smash.

But yeah. Waiting for Yoshi's inevitable reveal is bordering on tedious at this point. Maybe if Sakurai hadn't of splurged all the 64 starters in the first E3 trailer minus Yoshi it would of felt less tedious. Couple that with the Mario related reveals this past six months and I feel like Yoshi, Wario and Diddy fans are drumming their fingers waiting for the inevitable to happen.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
It is either Baby Mario w/Yoshi or Yarn Yoshi. Sorry, man. :sadeyes:
I'm sorry, but just no...if it were any of those two I would fly over to Japan, kick Nintendo's door down, then march into Sakurai's office and demand he changed him back.:glare: Not trying to be harsh or narrow minded here, but that'd be too drastic of a change for a veteran like Yoshi anywayz. He'll stay solo as he should-I can bet my life on it.
Though personally I'd be really happy if Baby Mario w/Yoshi got a trophy :)

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Though, if anything from Yoshi's Epic Yarn makes into Yoshi's design, at most I could see him with orange mittens, as it's a nod to both the Yarn series, Yoshi's early design (with orange arms), and it's freaking adorable.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I prefer Yoshi stay solo.
What would be nice is a tether recovery option.

Come to think of it, we have yet to see how tether recovery would be implemented in SSB4.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Neutral B needs more range. As well as his grabs.

OoS options would also be nice. Really nice. And Melee N-Air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom