• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi+

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
i DJC myself to suicide.

how do i not do this lol.

If you tap your jump button then aerial, you will DJC, thus falling. If you hold the jump down while you attack, you will not DJC and therefore not accidentally suicide. ;)

stop making baseless statements such as this.

Nobody is going to believe you.
How about the fact that Nacho has actually beaten good people before and won tournaments? How about the fact that he placed top 10 at Pound4, only losing to Ally and Shadow on game 3? How about him beating JJ Virus? How about him, just last weekend, beating two of New England's top players TWICE to win a tournament? How about the fact that EVERYONE knows how good Naucitos is, because he plays anyone/everyone?

Elef needs to step it up and prove himself, or you yourself are making baseless statements.

get money

kr3wman

Smash Master
Who's Shadow?

Who's JJ Virus?

Who's two of new england's best?

Who's everyone?

Who's anyone?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
jjvirus is excusable, but you don't know who Shadow is? Seriously? Fail dude.

Naucitos has legit accomplishments to back up his skill. Who has Elef beaten, and what are his placings? I don't know much about the Canadian B+ scene except that they suck against ROB :laugh:

Veril

Frame Savant
^^

Not knowing Shadow is pretty sad, he's the top ranked player in NY and one of the best vBrawl metaknights in the world. Naucitos is an extremely skilled player using the most technically challenging character in this game. I love watching him play. I don't know anything about Elef, but I would definitely get a 5$ side bet in on Naucitos vs. Elef.

ANYWAY

Yoshi: changes from 6.0 to gold
*side-b second jump refresh counter set to 1
*DJC adjusted to remove DJCH glitch
*Fsmash: 361° ->35°
*Fair(Flub hitbox): 361° ->35°

kr3wman

Smash Master
I won't say anything.

Last time I called out people being ******** I got an infraction.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's DJC should be fixed. The DJC input window is too small. It feels like you only have a frame of 2 to let go of the jump button before using an aerial.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I, personally, don't know who Shadow is, but that could be because I don't follow, or play, vBrawl, and I especially don't care if the ranked vBrawl player mains Meta Knight. =/

Also, is the Elefterios guy above me that really cool Yoshi guy you are all talking about? I'd like some vids. I'll check YouTube myself, but it wouldn't hurt to link me to any, haha.

kr3wman

Smash Master
there's no videos of mtl b+.

why? apparently we suck balls even though we have like the top two players in the world.

zaf

Smash Lord
Meh, the states gets a lot more people playing brawl+ then we do. Our community in montreal is slightly smaller then it used to be.

The only name I recognized was shadows, because i used to play vbrawl and traveled.
But the rest of the Montreal community probably wouldn't know him ( or any of the players) because we don't follow/play vbrawl.

I haven't seen nac play, but elef has been playing yoshi since vbrawl has come out. His skill with yoshi is ********. He beats chesterr01, who is a melee pro ( who also plays brawl+). To me, beating a melee pro tops beating a brawl pro easily. Elef fights with his brain and he reads you too fast now. It used to be a ***** to fight him before, but he got a lot smarter. he can beat ally, i've seen it. If nac cant beat ally, then =/

in the end we wont really know. A stupid little yoshi ditto wont prove anything. They would both need to enter a good amount of tourneys and wait for the placements

Also, nac beating shadow would never happen in vbrawl.
So that fact that nac beat him in brawl+ doesn't really justify his accomplishments. The MU is completely different. Maybe shadow could of ***** with a different character. But i think that yoshi has the advantage in the mk MU.
I do not mean to take away from nac, im just saying it isn't hard

.Marik

is a social misfit
Lucario is managable.

It's Falco and Marth that are really hard matchups.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Lucario is managable.

It's Falco and Marth that are really hard matchups.
marth not so much as falco. With marth you just have to be patient.

I feel like you have to play very aggressive against Lucario and keep him on the defensive but NEVER go off the stage.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I don't think Marth is as severe as Falco, but it becomes considerably harder against Marth players that space well.

The matchup isn't a walk in the park, but I agree with your advice nonetheless.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
So I have been casually playing Yoshi on the side recently due to all the cool vids I have seen of him and boy is he ever fun as hell to play. It's too bad he makes all those terrible noises. Anyway, anyone got any beginner tips? Right now I'm just using a lot of b-air to pressure shields. Any other good approach tips? What about any reliable kill combos or moves? That is my biggest problem is just landing the kill.

Also, my biggest trouble has been against Link. His spam game is tough for me to approach on.

.Marik

is a social misfit
So I have been casually playing Yoshi on the side recently due to all the cool vids I have seen of him and boy is he ever fun as hell to play. It's too bad he makes all those terrible noises. Anyway, anyone got any beginner tips? Right now I'm just using a lot of b-air to pressure shields. Any other good approach tips? What about any reliable kill combos or moves? That is my biggest problem is just landing the kill.

Also, my biggest trouble has been against Link. His spam game is tough for me to approach on.
I'll try to cover all your points.

Did you watch videos of my Yoshi? I'm good, but you don't want to pick up the aggressive playstyle that's usually associated with me, it's something I need to work on.

Bair is good, but it's not fantastic. In vBrawl, Yoshi didn't really have many options to approach and space with, so Bair was legit.

In Brawl+, a lot of his other options, combined with Yoshi's insane ability to combo, make a lot of his options existent, so Bair should only be used for approaching and spacing on ground-level, and comboing into Uair strings.

Running UpSmash is really good at lower percents, I've been able to string about three buffered and sliding UpSmashes to rack up almost 40%. Great for doing under platforms, and characters that are approaching you airborne.

Uair. Use it. Like in vBrawl, it's his most reliable killing move.

I assume the scenario you gave me is related to Link?

Link likes to play defensive, and mashing out Bair to pressure shields makes you predictable and gets you shieldgrabbed, which the Link player uses to set up defensive barriers and combo strings.

Space well, and try to approach when Link is in awkward positions. Platforms help, because Yoshi is surprisingly mobile, and in comparison, Link is clunky.

But like always, moderately camp using Eggs. They're actually good, induce hitstun, and then Yoshi can be amazing and take it from there. :yoshi:

kr3wman

Smash Master
Use eggs alot.

pivot grab

usmash is real good.

Against characters that you're forced to approach you're pretty much ****ed since the brawl engine isn't very forgiving on that kind of things. Every character is like that but atleast you have eggs.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys seriously still playing with yoshi in gold? His DJC is still ****ed. (I'm really surprised no one even mentioned it) I wouldn't want to get used to it and have to re-adapt when they fix it.

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
Are you guys seriously still playing with yoshi in gold? His DJC is still ****ed. (I'm really surprised no one even mentioned it) I wouldn't want to get used to it and have to re-adapt when they fix it.
Nobody mentioned it because Veril knows about it and is going to fix it with the next patch. Thing is, the DJC code change they put in to prevent the float is pretty rough right now, preventing you from doing an instant DJC (I may be wrong, but from the info I've gotten and the testing I've done that seems to be the biggest problem) in order to make that float impossible.

Next patch should have an updated DJCH fix that doesn't screw over Yoshi in the process.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I used to do that a lot and found my opponent's living into incredible percents.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I'm talking low percentages. High percentages i dont approach with bair, I've noticed. Bair into uair sounds nice tho.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm talking low percentages. High percentages i dont approach with bair, I've noticed. Bair into uair sounds nice tho.
You should approach with Bair when the opponent has lower percentages as well, it's great for setting up Uair strings and it's really effective.

Top Bottom