• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Pride neo said you play so aggresive and cool in friendlies then in tourney you play super spammy haha so do i.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
hmm.. Neo saw me facing, MK, and ZSS... of course I can be aggressive and cool.. VS Marth I cant.. Marth scares me. He was campy too.. lol Ninja Link says the same thing about me =(... I wonder if it is because I am more nervous in tourns...

SOVAman

Smash Hero
hmm.. Neo saw me facing, MK, and ZSS... of course I can be aggressive and cool.. VS Marth I cant.. Marth scares me. He was campy too.. lol Ninja Link says the same thing about me =(... I wonder if it is because I am more nervous in tourns...
I doubt it is because your nervous I do the same thing it just works better in a more serious match like a tourney matches

bigman40

Smash Master
Being aggressive against characters that can pwn you for doing wrong moves make people camp more. I just suck at camping so I don't try to camp against people much =/

But you shouldn't think it's a nervous factor. You're already nervous during the match anyway xD

prYde

Smash Cadet
guys.. I changed my account name and tag name. to prYde.... makes more sense now.. cause of the Y.. sigh.. back down to a low post count .. lol

prYde

Smash Cadet
nope. Y is better. I play ONLY Yoshi. Same, sound, same meaning.

oh.. this account needs Yoshi back room status again.. you can boot the other account name out.. thanks.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I want tournamentsssss noooooooooooooooooo~

Can I like...bribe my way onto the PR temporarily? I make some mean peanut butter cookies, LOL!

But seriously, I think I have two tournaments and then my regional next year, but I kinda wish I could go to something now-ish. x_x Good stuff to everyone who is going to events currently, though!

prYde

Smash Cadet
Impact 12/27/08
Toms River, NJ
9th out of 21
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208677&page=21

now gimme mah points! ;P

Also took first in teams with Snakeee (zss) on Friday, but too bad they don't count.

Also
1st- 50 points
2nd- 45 points
3rd- 40 points
4th- 35 points
5th- 30 points
6th- 25 points
7th- 20 points
8th- 15 points
9th- 10 points
10th- 5 points

You can't get 6th, 8th or 10th... lol You need to fix that.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, I did both doubles and singles, but I'm only going to talk about what happened during singles.

In my first match, I was up against someone called Mars. I fought against him in friendlies earlier, but he didn't use the character he was using now, which was Pit. I lost the first game and won the second game. Finally, I managed to realize what his strategy was in the third game, but it was too late and I lost. (I seem to have the curse of losing the first match of every tournament I go to. >_>)

So, I'm already in the loser's bracket. Joy. The second match had complicated circumstances. I was up against T3h Albino, who plays as King Dedede. He the person I was going to partner with for doubles, but he bailed on me and chose to partner up with his friend Zip. Although, he did find me a new partner and we did well in doubles... but that's besides the point. Anyways, this was my time for revenge and I got it. Karma is such a she-dog. :flame:

The third match also had complicated circumstances. I was up against the person I actually did partner up with for doubles, StaFu. He plays as Marth. He managed to totally own me in the first match at FD. Now, I noticed that when we were partners he didn't do so well in Brinstar, so I counterpicked that stage. He surprised me in that he managed to almost beat me there, but the lava managed to save me. We both got launched up and I managed to react quickly enough to u-air him for the surprise win. The whole room was in an uproar. :laugh: Anyways, he counterpicked Smashville and I managed to beat him there, so I moved on. I felt kind of guilty that I had to eliminate my partner, but que sera sera.

Thankfully, my fourth match went extremely well. I was up against a R.O.B. player called ******, who is apparently Chu Dat's cousin (Chu Dat was also there, by the way. I lost to him and Inui in doubles, but it was surprisingly close...). I won the first two rounds, 2-stocking him both times. Now, I'm sure he must have been quite skilled to have gotten this far in the tournament, so I assumed that he has very little Yoshi experience.

My last match was against Chaz, another Marth player. He always seemed to have been one step ahead of me, and he beat me in two rounds. If you guys can help me in this match-up, I'll greatly appreciate it.

So, that was it for this tournament, but I had tons of fun. I was actually the youngest person there, I believe. Many people were surprised to see that someone my age (16-years old) would travel that far for a tournament. But hey, it was a big tournament. I couldn't just miss it. ^_^

There's going to be another tournament that Seibrik is hosting on the 10th. I can't wait to go! =D

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yes, I do need help with him. Too many people down here main him (along with King Dedede). >_>

bigman40

Smash Master
Teh Albino is trying to come to lock in over here in GA. Since we got a n insane D3 over here, I might try to brush up on my matchup experience.

I can't help you on marth, as I haven't played one since like......july.....yeah.....

Stocky! Get back on teh chat! =)

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Quiznos Brawl (12/28/08)
33rd out of 115
Cerritos CA

god, I hate how people will just counterpick a snake to counter me, there's a big different between 33rd and 17th

D

Deleted member

Quiznos Brawl (12/28/08)
33rd out of 115
Cerritos CA

god, I hate how people will just counterpick a snake to counter me, there's a big different between 33rd and 17th
I really wanted to go to quiznos =(

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: WOW, you guys are beasting, WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Furbs, I can help with the Snake matchup if you like. It's super easy. :D

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i need to work on the matchup more it's just so frustrating playing yoshi sometimes considering that we have to work 4 times as hard as other people, only to lose to trashy players that only win because the use good characters :(

although i would enjoy some snake pointers and more than anything help with the falco matchup

now that i think about it falco could possibly be the next metaknight considering he only has one bad matchup (marth) as far as i know

Edit: i love you all :)

D

Deleted member

yeah, i need to work on the matchup more it's just so frustrating playing yoshi sometimes considering that we have to work 4 times as hard as other people, only to lose to trashy players that only win because the use good characters :(

although i would enjoy some snake pointers and more than anything help with the falco matchup

now that i think about it falco could possibly be the next metaknight considering he only has one bad matchup (marth) as far as i know

Edit: i love you all :)
I heard you lost to dreamhack? I better help you wit da matchup or something O_o

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Lol does taking 1st of 7 teams in a doubles tourney count?

Had to go to work and couldn't play singles but next time ****it!

Also: Just curious as to how many of you guys were planning on going to Final Round this year? Or the DBR tourney out in NorCal this summer?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Impact 12/27/08
Toms River, NJ
9th out of 21
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208677&page=21

now gimme mah points! ;P

Also took first in teams with Snakeee (zss) on Friday, but too bad they don't count.

Also
1st- 50 points
2nd- 45 points
3rd- 40 points
4th- 35 points
5th- 30 points
6th- 25 points
7th- 20 points
8th- 15 points
9th- 10 points
10th- 5 points

You can't get 6th, 8th or 10th... lol You need to fix that.
I am fixing now thx lol I am stupid

:yoshi: Euro Yoshis stepping it up, YEHS!
not really its only one result but I guess so

Viva La Brawl Circuit
Cologne,Germany
12/23/2008
Brawl Singles
5th out of 34
http://forum.germansmash.de/thread.php?threadid=5227

First german Yoshi for Rankings :p
OMG German I will update AFTER you re-format plz use my format

OK, here's another one:

A Winter Brawl (@ Gigabits Lan Center)
Orlando, Florida
http://www.mwarhead.com/Tournaments/Smash Brawl/2008/A Winter Brawl Singles.htm
17th out of 63 (I think? That's what I got from the brackets... @_@)
12/27/2008

If you guys are interested I can tell you what happened... >.>
I will Update

grr I meant 8th.
ino haha

Quiznos Brawl (12/28/08)
33rd out of 115
Cerritos CA

not bad good ****

man i wish i'd find more tournies in ky.... when i do, ill knock some *****es up XD btw, lil b, i just noticed your sig =D it makes me feel special...
haha np

Lol does taking 1st of 7 teams in a doubles tourney count?

Had to go to work and couldn't play singles but next time ****it!

Also: Just curious as to how many of you guys were planning on going to Final Round this year? Or the DBR tourney out in NorCal this summer?
Doubles don't count anymore

lilb update the rankings >=) lol
I am I didn't go on during Christmas time so I am very VERY late

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Sorry newer guys for not updating the OP on Format so plz go back and look and change your format this is directed at Poltergust and Yikarur sorry guys fix so I can update you guys

Top Bottom