• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'm sure I'd be occupied too when I'm screaming at the turf from a near broken foot.

Depster

Smash Champion
I about broke a kid's leg in my intramural soccer game last night! We were down too many people and got hammered though...

Also, Bungie responded to my job application. Working on a programming test for them! SUPER EXCITING

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I about broke a kid's leg in my intramural soccer game last night! We were down too many people and got hammered though...

Also, Bungie responded to my job application. Working on a programming test for them! SUPER EXCITING
IT WAS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! Care to spoil what you're doing? =P

Shiri

Smash Chump
More like COMET

(Dep, if you screw up that xpac for me you WILL FEEL MY WRATH...Awoken-style)

All these injury stories...what do you guys know 'bout dem Discovery Zone ankle twists, tho?!

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Previous Thread: What color Yoshi do you use?

A little poll I made. I always use Purple because I find it funny to watch Barney kick the crap out of the other characters.
Pink is supreme ruler. Next comes black and cyan when my power levels are lower.

On the topic of injuries, thankfully I haven't gotten any so far. As part of my nursing school though, we got to learn what its like to use walkers/crutches/wheelchairs lol.

Heavenraven

Smash Rookie
NNID
Heavenraven
Hi Yoshi boards. After lurking here for a while I decided to make an account and join the discussion. I've been playing yoshi since brawl was released, although I didn't care much about the competitive side before smash4. I'm currently ranked 8th in Finnish power rankings and I suppose I'm one of the best yoshi mains here (although there are maybe total of two or three of them :p).

If anyone's interested, I'd like to play against some Yoshi mains sometime, to get some insight on different playstyles and all.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Got a Yoshi amiibo for my birthday! Love it already and haven't even opened it.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
I've got my Yoshi and super mario yoshi amiibos still in their packages, I dunno if I'll ever open them lol.

Welcome @ Heavenraven Heavenraven , I'm sure many of us will be glad to play ya.

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
That was basically what I heard. To me, it seemed like he thought Yoshi had good frame data and strong setups and stuff to figure out. The setups might exist, but the frame data is severely limiting. I dunno where he's getting his impressions from. Yoshi usually doesn't work well and it's usually obvious how fraudulent the character is once you go up against a player that knows what he's doing.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Good work on getting your video recognized Slice. I can agree with Zero on this list, its up to us to show players what yoshi can do!

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Honestly I'm impressed that we're already almost in june and people STILL overrate Yoshi.

god i'm doubting he's even top 15 right now

Last edited:

Depster

Smash Champion
A buddy of mine from Kansas, Mr. Doom, just took 7th out of I think 140 at Chicago this last weekend going Yoshi.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yoshi dittos are the worst and won't solve anything.
I'm thinking of quitting soon cuz dunno, just hoping patches gives more trinkets to Yoshi.

And no need for a thread of this.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If we were all yugioh cards and tried to keep it relevant to the tag we're using, what would it be?

I chose Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua since I keep going as Wailord lately.

Scatz

Smash Champion
My support is pretty good in teams, but still. A fish?! Give me my Chinese Zodiac (Dragon)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Year of the dog, then.

Well, probably, anyways. It gets a little weird if you go by the Chinese calendar. But by our conventions you're a dog.

Last edited:
Top Bottom