• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
It's great so far! I love the parts with the b-air spike followup and the triple f-air. Good stuff.
Thanks man. Some of these guys were noobs but most wernt including people from my crew and real life pros like degerix and direonfire.

ividal

Smash Cadet
I personally loved the parts where you did the footstool into a follow-up, keep it up

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I dont think the footstool to nair works anymore. Idk but I havnt been pulling it off lately.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I was also confused without the context a few days ago. Should've linked the post.
True. Anyone got the :4link:?
EDIT: Slice removed the combo video from his channel. Why? I liked it...

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
So hes back? Thats great news. Its always sad when people just disappear and you never see them again.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So something Shaya and I had an hour or so discussion about on Yoshi vs Sonic a couple days ago. "Can Yoshi's DA beat spin dash? If it clanks, can Yoshi react fast enough with anything?"
The answer to both is a resounding no.

Raptor apparently beat 6wx somehow and Seagull by timing him out game 3. It kinda feels more like MU inexperience on the Sonic's side and jumping the gun on the whole thing, letting a Yoshi camp against SONIC of all characters lol.
I'm inclined to believe people really think Yoshi beats Sonic +1

Espy > seagull anyways :^)

Canada Falllout

Smash Rookie
Previous Thread Title: Yoshi top tier?

I mean before patch... Yoshi was garbage Slow,Poor recovery and et.. but after patch hes a machine !!!! Fast recovery and attacks! what are your thaughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
Previous Thread: What color Yoshi do you use?

A little poll I made. I always use Purple because I find it funny to watch Barney kick the crap out of the other characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Previous Thread Title: Yoshi top tier?

I mean before patch... Yoshi was garbage Slow,Poor recovery and et.. but after patch hes a machine !!!! Fast recovery and attacks! what are your thaughts?

A little poll I made. I always use Purple because I find it funny to watch Barney kick the crap out of the other characters.
I merged both your posts with our Social thread and edited a line in to each of them for proper context.

Yoshi is not a top tier -- his speed has been the same throughout all the patches, and he still has large flaws that prevent him from being dominant like a proper top tier. He's good, but not great.

As for Yoshi colors, I use Cyan Yoshi. Cuz he's pretty.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

Green all day every day! Well...almost every day. Occasionally I go for black.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I was playing soccer and went up for a header and some guy on the other team decided to run into me. Lost my orientation and landed on my foot. Sickening crunch happened, I yelled (people said the sound I emitted would give them nightmares), then I was staring at turf.

On the bright side, I failed to break/fracture anything according to the ER. My left foot can't handle much weight right now, but it should get better in a week or two if I take care of it.

I've got crutches but they suck. I found out today (through experimentation) that I can just use one as a cane and that works well enough for me to get around. But going to class was pure suffering, and getting into my apartment was also pure suffering, as I had to climb two flights of stairs.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Esh. Similar to what I had to go through when I sprained my ankle and went through a marching band marathon before getting it checked up. Had to wear a boot and use crutches T_T.

Layoff on kicking people next time :p

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yeesh. I didn't have it that bad. =P

I didn't kick anyone! Although my friends made sure that guy and his team got their asses kicked by the end of the game.

It was funny, because less than five minute earlier, another one of my teammates had his nose (maybe) broken by someone else on their team. Blood was everywhere, it was nuts.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
He's around on Facebook and stuff, to my knowledge. Just not so much here.
I've been largely unmotivated about Smash in general since before Smash 4 came out, which is why I haven't been around here. I'm still going to tournaments locally though, and over the last couple weeks, I've started lurking more to try and get a different perspective on how Yoshi works in this game. I kind of want to start getting better again because I simply don't like losing. >.> I feel like I lack MU/general game knowledge, which is why I started looking though these boards again.

Does your apartment not have an elevator or anything? That's super lame. D:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've been largely unmotivated about Smash in general since before Smash 4 came out, which is why I haven't been around here. I'm still going to tournaments locally though, and over the last couple weeks, I've started lurking more to try and get a different perspective on how Yoshi works in this game. I kind of want to start getting better again because I simply don't like losing. >.> I feel like I lack MU/general game knowledge, which is why I started looking though these boards again.

Does your apartment not have an elevator or anything? That's super lame. D:
We're in nearly similar boats there! College life is hard. Nobody wants to play Smash 4 with me. D=

No elevators. Right leg only. Final Destination.

Scatz

Smash Champion
A random Firefly has appeared!!!

I've been losing all my smash career! ヽ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ノ

I've only won like 2-3 events ever. Guess I like going against strong people than winning. Though, I think one has to be able to withstand losing to hit the upper echelon.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I actually have lots of people to play with now. The Smash 4 scene has started off pretty strong here, and we actually have weeklies now for the first time ever in our region. I just stress myself too much now with Smash. I don't think it helps that most of my losses come from players that either enjoy trolling/beating people with garbage characters or just camp the mess out of me. :L I've always preferred having a challenge too, but my drive to push myself through it isn't what it used to be.

DragN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jjaneck1
3DS FC
3523-2929-6445
We're sharing stories? Ok! :) I broke my right arm when I was in 2nd grade. (I...uh.....jumped off a chair and landed on my elbow.....) As a right handed person, it SUCKED having to use my left hand to do schoolwork. It healed in 2 months but my god, writing was an absolute pain.

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Gah...injuries :( Didn't know you play soccer too Delta, I'm amazed that people think they can get away with full on charges like that...and get away with it.

I injured my right knee tearing my ACL doing a wall jump at a bad angle a few years ago and it's still not very secure even after surgery and the exercises, so sometimes I have to limp on it a little.

Crutches are awful, look after yourselves guys.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I only play intramural soccer with my old dorm, but I do love it. I'm pretty mad that the guy didn't even get carded (to my knowledge, I was preoccupied at the time).

Do you do parkour/free running stuff?

Top Bottom