• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Matchups & Best Stage Picks

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'll write up the reasoning for it later today since it's one of the MUs I have the most experience in.

EDIT: Added the reasoning for the Marth MU; feel free to comment or critique it.

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the writeup

I asked because I really suck at the matchup + I'm new to Yoshi, so I can't offer much but interesting thoughts on dash attack, didn't know about the invincibility

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
All right, I need more Jigglypuff MU knowledge! I'd like some details on these topics:

-Edgeguarding Puff (If possible)
-Recovering against Puff
-Approaching and Defending

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
V3ctorman on Puff:

YOSHI vs JIGGLYPUFF

Again, this is just my opinion,(and please everyone else is welcome to join discussion) Since my only Jiggs experience is vs a local here in my town named "Tag" and of course Hungrybox, but I'm going to give this a shot here..

IMHO, this is a matchup that I feel is 50/50, or (possibly even better) This is a tough MU to decipher, as enough of it hasn't been seen at top level play either..but from what I've experienced, it isn't all bad..Yoshi's ground game vs Jiggs is phenominal, and shield pressure game on Puff is rather amazing as well. Yoshi can space, in this MU very good as well combining all of this with his mobility/air mobility as well, can give Jiggs a tougher than expected battle. Yoshi's "Jabs" on Puff's shield are rather intimidating, and give opportunity, not to mention "jab cancelling with Yoshi on Jiggs shield is near gold (still can be punished) but rather effective as well, if done properly/correctly/spaced etc. Most MU's people tend to "fear" being vs Puff, in the air. This is one of the MU's that I believe Yoshi doesn't necessarily need to "Fear" being in the air, more accurately, needs to be wise with movesets/choices.

In the air, I believe Jiggs will fear trading hits with Yoshi rather than the ladder, ofc, thanks to Yoshi's superarmor, this further increases this chance as well, since Yoshi's moves hit hard, and ofc, Jiggs is much lighter than Yoshi is as well....Another thing to note, is that Yoshi has "eggs" probably the most 'underrated" projectile in the game, and has many options w/it's usage, make it very elusive, and effective..this projectile on average inflicts 10-12% per egg, that's astounding for a projectile, and can quickly rack up damage to Jiggs as well..another thing to note, is that these eggs have a decent amount of "stun" as well, I believe this is important too. (They can shieldstab too) ^^.. Since most of Yoshi's kill moves on jiggs will kill around the 85%+ mark. (Down+B, kills rather early as well in this MU at 88% (lower on lower ceiling stages such as PS/FD iirc)

Another thing I believe is important, is that this MU, can be played almost at any pace...As most of you know Myself/Leffen are more the "aggressive" kind of Yoshi, while Nogzors/Moo/MT, are the "tricky/defensive" ones. Either way, this MU can be handled with patience as well... Yoshi is much more mobile in this MU, and in his own sense can set the tone/pace for the MU.. Both characters can even somewhat "camp" in this MU, as well, Yoshi can use ECE/Eggs, Jiggs, can sorta float around, etc, (I'm sure you get the idea of what i'm tryna say)

I may be "misusing" this next part, and if I am, help me think of a better word I suppose, but I also feel that Yoshi "outranges" Jiggs in this MU as well.. Most of Jiggs, way to get in are mere Fairs, bairs. both of these can be DJCC, parried, or just avoided (in most cases) Yoshi's priority is rather decent in this MU as well (ground based) Yoshi's Usmash, and Fsmash IMO are very good in this MU. Fsmash avoids an attack, then deals it, which can be very useful, just on basic jiggs, approaches (Dodging a fair/bair<Fsmash), I'm sure you get the general idea.. and not to mention the range/priority on the move(s) are good also... I'd say be a bit careful on the go happy "aggro" type as I feel Jiggs has limited OOS options, but she does have "rest" OOS. Like most MU, if you want to play aggro, try to attack behind the opponents shield to avoid shieldgrabs, but in this case vs Jiggs, just be careful on the DJCNair, spacing etc to avoid Rest OOS. ^^

I would avoid grabs in this MU as they can be costly, due to Yoshi's long animation/vulnerability leave him exposed for free rest/damage opportunities etc...but even then, use at your own discretion/safety etc... ^^;

Ummm another move attempt, (and I don't want to start anything here, remember this is just from my experience) but egg-lay has it's "uses" in this MU. To me, I see it as a "reset" It adds on 6-7% to Jiggs, and puts her (in most all cases) above you, which can give you time to put yourself in a better position, get yourself into a "comfort zone" etc. I can't think of any reason why, it's bad to have Jiggs above you especially in this MU haha. If you anticipate Jiggs escaping early from Egglay, Toss up a few eggs, and give yourself a chance at an extra 10%+. (maybe throw out a random "Egg lay>Down+B. I've actually gotten kills like this haha) If they stay in the egg, than just add yourself some %. This is just a theory, but i've never been severely punished for missing egg-lay in this MU, that either a DJCC, or my superarmor couldn't make up for. I could be wrong, it's just my opinion.

Ummm yeah, haha, hopefully you guys can add more to what I may have missed. I'm not too good at doing this, but I feel it's something I can get better at, and feel like I can contribute ALOT more than what I have in the past and with Yoshi receiving some mad hype, I feel it's time we start some serious discussion, and hope we get some positive feedback/results etc... Again, I want to go through (if possible) the entire character roster, and give it a shot, with MU's at the current metagame level. I feel much can be accomplished with this.. ^^

Please I hope to hear everyones thoughts on this, and with Apex coming, arguably biggest, tourney ever, I want to make sure our Yoshi player(s) have a vast amount of knowledge and will be ready to go for this event..

Leffen on puff:

I'm off to party my brains out with armada and my bros from sweden so I dont have time write anything long...
I'm gonna go Yoshi at this finnish tournament too, so expect vids.

I p. much agree with what vman said except that jabs suck **** vs jiggs if she knows how to handle em. Just look at the frame data >_>

Egg lay is really useful until they learn it,then its borderline useless.
General pointers (that vman didnt write about)

-Platform camp
-shield drops breaks the matchups for yoshi, puff has NOTHING that works against it
-parry spam (->shield drops)
-being at the edge is your best position no doubt, whenever you feel pressured lightshield and grab the edge. She cannot do anything against proper planking, if you're playing for big money then just go for a timeout if she doesn't approach if you have the lead.
-get under her, uair wins over everything
-use pivots and shieldstops approaches with nair and bair = essential, it wins over everything cept bair.
-fsmash is a beast shield pressuring tool vs her (and in every other matchup, I still don't see why NOONE ever uses it >_>).
-avoid FOD like the plague.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Actually, yesterday ,I looked at smashboards on someone else's computer (Binx) and I noticed my text is bright on other's people's screen. It is a dark purple on mine. . . but I have a $200 computer(when it was never $200), so I guess my screen is dull. . . going to darken it.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Back on-topic: Thanks for those notes; I improved the Jigglypuff matchup a bit. Let me know if anything is missing.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, but I added the Captain Falcon MU. Let me know if it can be improved.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
So. . . I disagree with the Falcon MU, in almost every way. Due to mixups, I don't think parrying would break the MU too hard, because if he mixes it up, it places you in the air, against Falcon. Airborne Falcon > airborne Yoshi. B-air can also be used to go into B-air, which isn't always useful, but if he DI's poorly, it can be. B-air on shield will be you hit by an aerial or shield grabbed every time you use it against a decent falcon, DJC Nair/jab/F-tilt is the only thing I would try for a (bad) attempt at shield pressure. I wouldn't ever go for Egg Lay as a punish, it is a recent to neutral, which I think means throwing away your potential punish. Grab -> DJC U-air would be much better for a tech roll read, or a smash at higher %. D-throw -> knee is pretty much a guarantee, which only misses if the Falcon messes up. I also would never go low against Falcon, because if you go low, you can only sweetspot or land right in front of him, either way his stomp or knee will kill you pretty easily, going high at least forces him to guess, and if you lose your jump after going high, you still have a chance, even if it is really low. I would say against Falcon, your best stages are FoD(because it sucks for Falcon) and BF because it takes away his Scar jumps, limits his recovery, and is neutral for you. I would avoid FD, because it pretty much is an open invitation for Falcon to **** you, at least against the Falcons I play with. Also, without platforms you can't shield drop, which I've used a ton lately. . . really useful. YS and DL aren't too god for either characters, in my opinion.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
If you space your shorthop B-air well Falcon won't be able to shield grab you at all or punish it with an aerial (assuming you're retreating a bit after the last hitbox of B-air). DJC N-airs are your best shield pressuring tools against anyone because they have +1 frame advantage on shield, but they're much harder to do consistently than B-air pressure so I didn't mention them. I suppose Egg Lay would be beneficial only if you used facing away from the edge because it gives him less space, but I don't see why it wouldn't be a decent option if you don't have enough time to react to his tech roll with anything else, considering how slow Falcon's tech roll is. The Falcons I play with always do D-throw -> U-throw at low percents because he can't do D-throw -> knee if you DI it properly. I didn't talk about shield drops either so that is something good you brought up.

I agree with what you said about not recovering against Falcon; I was assuming a worst case scenario. Recovering high is always a good choice with Yoshi.

This reminds me of one particular Doubles match I played. My partner got an opponent off stage and a Falcon player got me off stage. I had no double jump, so I used Egg Lay on the Falcon player when he went out to attack and got him behind me, then I timed my air dodge so that when he recovered (he had no choice but to recover right away because he was far out and had low %) it hit me and helped me get back to the stage, and then I proceeded to gimp him.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Fair enough. . . in other news. . . Jiggs is stupid as hell, but I found out something, Yoshi Bomb ***** her ***** ***.

Using Yoshi Bomb to **** puff:
Shield drop->Yoshi Bomb, kills @ 70%-100% depending on where.
(F-air, F-tilt, U-tilt)-> Yoshi Bomb, kills @55%-70% depending on where
F-air -> (up angle) F-tilt -> Yoshi Bomb, kills at 20%-40% on lower ceilings. . . top platform on YS kills at a little under 20%, holy crap. . . rest punish.
(not a combo at all)Up-throw -> Yoshi Bomb kills @ mid %
(not a combo at all) U-smash -> Yoshi Bomb kills @ mid %

Most of those are dependent on opponents DI, some use as rest punishes? Numbers are really rough, and I haven't gotten a chance to mess with these too much, but I was hoping others might also look into these. Also, they may be useful on Peach or other floaties as well. Perhaps another rest punish may end in D-air for %. . . at low % F-air -> (down) F-tilt -> (up) F-tilt may look possible if better options don't exist for punish.

New rest punishes might rely on F-air into follow ups depending on DI. . .

Feedback appreciated.

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
Hey Kimimaru

DJC nair is awesome but it's only +1 on shield

:phone:

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Oh really? Hmm, I read somewhere it's +3. Thanks! Where did you find this out?

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Frame perfect DJC N-air would hit with the strong hitbox of the N-air 1 frame before Yoshi lands, so Yoshi would hit on Frame 0, and L-cancel for 7 frames lag, making Yoshi able to put up shield on Frame 8. The opponent's shield would get hit on frame 0, and by the formula ((4.45+damage)/2.235)) rounded down. for a 14% hit(not stale at all hitting with strong hit) the stun rounds to 8 frames. The opponent can put up shield on frame 9. +1 frame advantage with no stale, and frame perfect.

Also, B-air has 3 frames hitstun, which means if hitting an enemies shield in the air, the enemy has a +6 frame advantage if you do it perfectly(hit with last frame only of last hit), do it poorly and they have a +8(first frame hit from last B-air attack). If you auto-cancel (frame 33) perfectly and hit on the last hit, your opponent has a +4 advantage when you L-cancel.

B-air is Yoshi's worst move for pressure.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Well I meant hitting with all the B-air hits. I don't see what they can do in between the hits (the four hits are 4, 5, and 3 frames apart, respectively). If you hit with only the last one, of course they'll have frame advantage. Unless you're against another Yoshi, a Zelda, or a Shiek, it'll shield stab if you did it a couple of times (or once if their shield is already small) and you can lead that into something else. If you don't shield stab but do a retreating B-air, I don't see how anyone can follow up on that.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
That isn't how it works, since they are so short apart, but so weak, the will only shield stun into the next hit, with the final hit leaving 3 frame stun, so no matter what they'll have frame advantage. If you only hit with the last frame of the last hit you would actually be better off, or if you somehow weaved so that you hit with the first three, and for the fourth miss for the first two frames of the attack and then connect on the final frame :\

It should be noted that airborne is probably your best option, because most people can shield grab reflexively, but will not jump oos -> aerial as quickly, giving them 8 frame advantage sounds bad, and is bad in theory. In practice, most state level players won't do anything, with an 8 frame window. They might try to shield grab, which would be good(for you) if you weaved out.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Well in my experience they weren't able to do anything. Jumping for most characters is 5-6 frames, and shield grabbing or doing anything else is out because they will just get hit by the next attack of B-air. The best option they have is to roll or just escape the pressure.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I was talking about after the hit. . . so they couldn't get hit by the next hit, and they can WD OOS better than roll, and Fox can probably U-smash OOS to punish it. . . lately I've only played against state ranked players though, so that might explain it. Against bad players, Jabs are effective pressure >.>

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I usually play against Shroomed and a few other great players too, so I'm not sure; I'll have to check again. I've found that Jab -> D-tilt or Jab -> U-tilt works pretty well if you know they're going to shield grab.

I remember one match where Leffen faked a DJC N-air and baited the opponent to shield then shield stabbed with F-smash or something like that. It's probably a one-time thing, but I think you can mix it up and it might be a decent mindgame. Do you think this is worth exploring?

leffen

Smash Champion
Thats because you play bad Yoshis tbh... yoshis nair is +2 on shield and yoshis should use a lot of emptys ->fsmash (causes grab to miss and is safe) and DJ-Dair (better empty, impossible to react to)

whatever though, people think yoshi sucks, and I've really had it with the endlessly ignorant people (read: not you kk specifically) so nvm.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I think my Yoshi is doing decent considering how long I've been playing him, further decent since there are only a few good Yoshis, none of which have been helpful since I started playing, you (Leffen) only criticize(non-constructive), Vman has been gone, and Angel and Mind Trick haven't posted.

The way I see it, Kimimaru and myself are the best advice on the Yoshi boards by elimination, unless you care to add insight, Leffen.

Also, check your calculations, I believe N-air is +1.

leffen

Smash Champion
Check my old posts for lots and lots of yoshi information. I used to do a lot of informative posts but 99% of them were simply ignored or forgotten super fast... I don't really feel like repeating myself because if you truly want to learn, just read through the vman thread etc, me or vman handfeeding you is only gonna get you so far.

I also had no yoshis to look to whatsoever (Vman had like 4 unserious friendly sets... anyone taking those as a serious inspiration should be laughed at)... I literally went into AR/Dolphin and checked EVERYTHING.

If you guys have questions, I wouldn't mind answering some.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I've read or at least skimmed through most of the vman thread for what it is worth, I personally like your Yoshi the most, and some, of your sets on Youtube are what have inspired me to seriously, play Yoshi. If you're in the mood for answering questions, I'd love your opinion on the Falco MU.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I'm sure if you ask Leffen directly, He'll help you out too.... threads here I haven't given too much attention too but i'll try to give more... >>; most of these MU's I've or Leffen have already discussed and put our mindsets on, so stating again would be weird... >>

Sorry for not being here too often... but im trying, just secretly training, and getting myself back to my self in abilities.. :

Leffen come back to yoshi.... I like watching your Yoshi, and it kept me competent.. :) along with Angel, but I know your goal is to become on of best players, fox/falco.. whichever, and in due time.. you'll get there :)

Same with me... I usually, just watch the vman thread or the yoshi analysis channel... and put my insights there.. but again.. i'll always reply if a question is asked, and am sure leffen will too :)

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I'm subscribed to the entirety of the Yoshi boards, so if you post anywhere on the Yoshi boards, I will read it. I don't expect you to apologize for not being on, you aren't obligated to be on, I simply wish you would post more. Also, I have messaged leffen before, to receive no response. I think about a particular post I found when I was reading through the old posts in the Ask Vman thread, he promised two gamebreakers for Yoshi that he would reveal after Apex, but I didn't see them. I would like to see you 'up to your abilities' though.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
And again, I mean no disrespect at all here.. but somewhere on these boards, I also put that Leffen will NOT be going Yoshi at Apex (and I didn't either) I debuted Roy.... It wasn't because I doubted his Yoshi's abilities or anything either... it's simple logic... He's from UK... UK yoshi (PAL) > Yoshi (NTSC) by a noticeable amount... Secondly, he's traveling from there all the way here... I can imagine his funds was.. hmm idk $1000+ or so? this is a guess, but im sure I'm relatively close? His Fox, Falco are one of the top of the game.... I know his goal, is to become one of the best players and joining AR, Mango, Box, PP, M2k, Axe etc... Ultimately, his results would've been way better if he went Falco, Fox, then Yoshi here, ESPECIALLY considering, he traveled so far to get here... to begin with.. Granted i'm not saying he couldn't have made bracket, I mean I made bracket, at Pound, (and Pound 5/G2 had alot of entrants.) I respect Leffen's Yoshi alot... If any Yoshi could do it, it'd be him. Im just saying his falco, fox would've gotten him further...which IMO, is what he wants.. Leffen wants to be known as a top level player... Not a high level player that can play Yoshi very well... Though some of us want to be known as a high level low tier player... Leffen is going for the "bigger" picture, and wanting to join the "elite status" of players... and I can highly respect that.

As for Leffen's gamebreaking stuff with Yoshi, either, Leffen, doesn't feel he needs to say anything or IMHO, he already has hinted, or stated what he has found useful, and is simply waiting for us to acknowledge these things... I personally think I know, or at least have a very "grand" idea of what he's talking about, though I could be wrong, I don't think I am, but only Leffen himself knows... Again, you have to look at it from his PoV, if he has something beneficial he can use vs his opponent, why would he tell them, how to beat it/stop it? etc... that wouldn't benefit him at all, but would only lessen his chances of success ya know? As for Leffen not responding to you, I'm sorry on that, im sure he doesn't mean to not respond... just things happen ya know?

As for Leffen's comments about "ignortant" people... I can relate.. Heck I'm probably one of those people, he may have something against.. i don't exactly know... I do know however, when players say... Yoshi, this/Yoshi that, and if I highly disagree with that, it's nearly smart for me to keep to myself about the subject, because i don't want to cause a dilemma... People are so quick to judge on knowledge that they don't even know... I hear it left and right from "anonymous people" I'm sure Leffen hears it too.. "vman's Yoshi is better than yours Leffen because...... (whatever) or Leffen's Yoshi is better than your's vman because (whatever)... Even people, some I won't even name cuz I ALREADY know who you are, are blindly quick to judge... Vman lost to "x player here" so this guys Yoshi MUST be better.. knowing NOTHING of the situation that actually happened...

Leffen hears, "Vman made bracket at Pound V, so Vman's yoshi is better" (which is wrong to judge off of one tourney) etc..

I hear, "Vman lost to Angel's Yoshi, so Angel's Yoshi is better.. (which 1st off is wrong to judge a better yoshi off a ditto which is dumb.. Leffen and I have both discussed this..) Second... everyone "assumes" we did a Yoshi ditto.... noone knows what even happened except for angel and myself... Random note: it was mewtwo/roy vs yoshi.. but it's whatever...

I'm sure Angel hears the "vman/leffen is better than you because, you don't go OoS, or blah blah nonsense... whichever...

Everyone get's criticism, the examples above are just the most common ones that I hear that are discussed that I hear about leffen, or me, angel, whomever...

Whichever the case, everyone judges off of knowledge they don't even know... (which in it's own sense isn't wrong) because it's fine to make discussion, but many conversations, facts get out of context.. is all im saying..

there was more i had, but this is all I can remember for now.. I'll type more later.. >>

with <3

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I believe Leffen is from Sweden, right? In any case, I definitely understand why he won't go Yoshi at Apex. What saddens me is that there are very few Yoshi players to begin with. The tournament I went to in July, which was my first, had about 4 Yoshi players including me, but I think only one of the players and myself actually went Yoshi during the actual tournament matches.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I never expected Leffen to go Yoshi at Apex, I simply was saying he posted about how he had a technique he was going to post later, after Apex. I can't know what he thought it was, although in all honesty there are so many things it could be, I wont bother trying to guess. I understand his fear that others will know and that would make it a less viable technique. However, I don't know about you guys, but I tell people Yoshi's weaknesses, because when I win, I want to win because I am a better player, not because of the gimmicks of the MU, and something my opponent doesn't know about.

People judge, they always have and always will. Judgement isn't always a bad thing. I judge every Yoshi main that I watch, and this serves a purpose. When I watch Yoshis, it usually serves as a le,arn,ing, experience, so I can see what works to handle what, how people can use what trick, etc. and I can implement what I learn, as I see fit. However, players have different playstyles, and I think it is necessary to weight your opinions of your peers based on how much you can learn from them, and adapt accordingly. For example, one thing many Yoshi players vary on is how they follow up at low % F-air on a grounded opponent. I've seen or used D-smash, U-tilt, F-tilt, DJC N-air and grab. If I didn't have opinions on who was better, who knows what I would use.

I will judge players based on what information I am given, even if that information is an ssbpd listing, or the general way in which they play on the matches they upload to Youtube.

I think you've been talking to Jackie (Jetfour) about me, and you might have heard I placed you as 3rd Yoshi. I hope you don't take offense to it, but I just don't follow your Yoshi as much. For example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jJi--kgRpQ) Angel's Yoshi seems very clever and defensive, and seems to weigh his risk reward well. Those are aspects I think will help him in the long run, and I think I have the most to learn from that particular playstyle. Running counter to that, your Yoshi is very technical and fast paced, as you have stated before, and learning your playstyle won't help me get technical at all. Don't get me wrong, I like your Yoshi, and I don't have anything against you as a person, but I don't think I'm going to intentionally base my Yoshi off of yours. Also, that particular conversation, Jackie told me you beat M2K in a money match, and seemed to imply that you were better than M2K. I think there is something to be said about some region bias, and I was trying to defend my opinions toward the merits of other Yoshis.

Also, there were 4 Yoshis at a tournament?! What? I've never met another Yoshi. . . only one in Oregon, and I've yet to travel out of state.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^I haven't heard from Jackie in a very long time... all I know is that he's in Oregon ><;

Ranking based... I honestly couldn't care less where you put/place me... that's your opinion and your entitled to it... whichever you feel is fine.. :) idc where I'm placed as Yoshi.. I've already proven myself... where as others have not... so I'm fine...not to mention, noone really has seen my other sets besides Pound (not recorded) or vs Axe (which everyone has seen), or my sets with S2j, (my channel that noone has seen), or my various matches from G2, (which apparently people have, but haven't uploaded (someone out there has me+leffen's yoshi dittos, me vs m2k, dart, so many that aren't even known... I'm simply judged off of axe, but it's fine.. being underrated is better than overrated so i'll take it. :p

As for that, I'm sure he wasn't saying that... he was MOST likely clarifying that my Yoshi has beaten high level players... such as him, Azen, Hax, S2j, Axe, Weon-x, I could go on, I've beaten many high level players... I'm sure he was just using my wins as help... (i've lost to some too, that people don't think i should lose too either, but hey, things happen.)

Either way it's not that.. and i haven't heard anything about that...

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
That is bizarre, Jackie said he was talking to you two weeks ago, maybe he was just name dropping :p

I really do wish some of those sets were up, damn people being lazy.

Also, I don't think anyone can ever fully prove themselves to the blind audience, people are so. . . needy.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
he sent me a text a while back, about playing smash in Oregon, and that he was teaching the players there, tricks, and improving them etc... and training them to get better... I didn't reply in a timely manner, so yeah it was prolly just a name drop...

he says, the scene there isn't as good as AZ's but it's still fun, and he's happy to play smash and help everyone there get better... other than that.. that's the only text i remember.. but that's like idk.. a month and a half ago...? if we did talk before hand, I don't recall at all :(

And I agree that "fully" proven perhaps can't be there.. but I've got the next best thing... and that's making bracket at an international...(32 man bracket at an almost 300+ tourney with Yoshi Pound, just gets forgotten easily because of that fiasco with the $$$..) and I think Leffen has done it ..... I can't recall anyone else.. doing major feats like this.... unless it was from LOOONG ago.. I'm sure Angel, can do it, I'm sure you could, I'm sure it can continually be done.... just sad fact is... it hasn't :(

And it needs to, because it can be done...

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I dittoed every Yoshi player at that tournament and won. One of the players was a Yoshi/Roy main, another was a Falcon main, and the last one just plays him casually in Doubles I think. I was the only true Yoshi main there.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I dittoed every Yoshi player at that tournament and won. One of the players was a Yoshi/Roy main, another was a Falcon main, and the last one just plays him casually in Doubles I think. I was the only true Yoshi main there.
Which tournament is this?!?!? and yay, I play Yoshi/Roy... it wasn't me you played tho :p

Apex? Pound V? or are you responding to someone else.... I was at Apex, and Pound, and G2... Only Yoshi i've EVER lost to in the ditto are Leffen, and Angel.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
There are 3 Jackie-level players in Oregon, 4 if you count Jackie, and one that is significantly better than him(Eggz) but overall, I'm pretty sure AZ smash > Oregon smash.

I would need a really lucky bracket to have any chance at making bracket at a national right now, although I hope I'll get to go to tournaments soon, I live 90 minutes from everything(I'm in orchard country, oh well) so I couldn't practice too much this summer, and I just now bought a tv that isn't HD, so being accustomed to standard amounts of lag will help a bunch. when college starts back up, I'll both have people to play and time for tournaments, so that is when I'm going to prove myself.

I think Kimimaru was replying to my comment about his 4 yoshis ina tournament.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I don't think eggz is WAY better than Jackie... Jackie's pretty good.. ><; then again.. Jackie's prolly MAD RUSTY too... so you could be right.. :p

and good luck on playing more in tournies.. :)

Top Bottom