• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi isn't that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lmao, hardly any of the best Yoshi's go to tournies. DarkL has no ride. Mmac has none near him. I have none near me. Scatty has college stuff. And so on.

The others that do go kick ***.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Are waves of Yoshi mainers winning tournaments? There might be a few great Yoshi mainers but if the majority are better with the MetaKnights, Snakes and Marth's and can constantly win with them than those characters should be higher. The only counter argument to this is that not many people are trying Yoshi and therefore underestimate his potential. Brawl Yoshi isn't bad but if people win better with the other characters than those characters are going to be higher tier.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Lmao, hardly any of the best Yoshi's go to tournies. DarkL has no ride. Mmac has none near him. I have none near me. Scatty has college stuff. And so on.

The others that do go kick ***.
This is a ridiculous argument.
If you don't go to tournaments, you aren't one of the best.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Samus is not better overall. She already has a poor projectile game, so being better than Yoshi doesn't prove much. Woopty do! Wario has a better recovery than Snake. Is he better?
Samus has four projectiles. She has more than any other character in the game, except maybe Olimar, if you count the differences in the Pikmin. Yoshi only has one. Her Homing Missiles are useful at slowing down her opponents. She doesn't even have to control the angles of the Homing Missiles, whereas Yoshi is dependent on the direction of your analog stick.

Again, edgeguarding is debatable but Yoshi seems to do better. His superior aerial mobility (best in the game) Yoshi is heavier and Yoshi does have better tilts.
I think it's ironic that you say that tilts don't make a character, but you speak about Yoshi having better tilts. I guess one of the reasons why Snake can KO so early is because of his outrageous tilts. Of course, tilts don't make the character, according to you. What is more, I find it silly that you say that Yoshi is heavier. Really? What I can recall from SmashWiki concerning weights is that Samus is the seventh heaviest, and Yoshi is right below her.

Those were crappy points nithix. Your ignoring the fact that Yoshi has WAY better matchups, consistently better tourney results, better at KOing, CGs and plenty of good tricks on many characters. (CG and infinites!)

What does Samus have? A semi infinite from D3? That alone would put her below Yoshi for me, but she also suffers from KOing and a poor projectile game.[/quote]

That Samus doesn't have great kill moves is irrelevant in my opinion. She can rack up damage fairly quick, which makes up for the lack of kills moves. Not to mention, being the seventh heaviest character in the game, she can last quite some time before getting knocked off the stage.

Zair saves her from mediocrity.
Sorry, but this is coming from a Samus main: Samus is garbage. Don't let that statement get to you. It doesn't mean I think anything better of Yoshi.

Oh, and can Samus wavedash? I thought so.
1. Wave-dashing doesn't exist in Brawl, unless you're playing Brawl+. 2. Wave-dashing has only two purposes: spacing and grabbing the edge to edge-hog. That these are unnecessary in Brawl, especially edge-hogging the edge, makes the use of wave-dashing irrelevant. Samus doesn't need to wave-dash, because she can space very, very well against her opponents. And since Brawl allows you to grab the edge while facing the opposite direction, wave-dashing doesn't mean anything.

Chaco

Never Logs In
This is a ridiculous argument.
If you don't go to tournaments, you aren't one of the best.
Lmao, I've beaten the others in games.

And going to tournaments doesn't mean ****, people can still be better than you. There could be some un-discovered Link main that would **** the **** out of all the others. Ask the others if you don't think I'm good.

bigman40

Smash Master
Why is this thread still going? Nothing will come out of this other than *****ing and complaining. Just go do something else and quit posting in this thread already.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Because I find it's completely illogical to call yourself good even though you've never gone to tournaments, let alone placed in them? You said going to tournaments doesn't mean S H I T. I don't think you're qualified to have an opinion anymore xD

P.S
In case you didn't know, I'm better than him ;)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yoshi's easily the most underrated characters on the tier list. IMHO he's mid tier.
but people will have to start winning with him for anyone to take that statement seriously

Chaco

Never Logs In
Because I find it's completely illogical to call yourself good even though you've never gone to tournaments, let alone placed in them? You said going to tournaments doesn't mean S H I T. I don't think you're qualified to have an opinion anymore xD

P.S
In case you didn't know, I'm better than him ;)
I've bee to tournaments, I just can't travel. I'm 15. Like i can go halfway across the country to play a game.

It does mean something, but if you get beat online, it's a good indicator of offline. Here comes the "**** Wifi does mean anything" Case and Point; Ally.

P.S
I don't really give a ****, he's a helluva a lot cooler.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
if you have vs any pro yoshi users you will relieaze yoshi is monster
If you see a pro with any character you'll think that character is 'monster', even Captain Fabulous.

This belongs in Yoshi boards. Seriously. I could make convincing cases for Sonic, or Mario, or Ness, and it might have a little more sustenence, but I wouldn't put it in Tactical Boards.

Don't go around and beat pros with Yoshi like it was suggested Sonic do to try prove a point. We've been doing it for months, and we're still seen as maining a joke character.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This thread is dumb.

If a character is good, he will win. If he's not, he won't. I'm surprised people are taking this godawful flamebait at this point.

Chaco

Never Logs In
This thread is dumb.

If a character is good, he will win. If he's not, he won't. I'm surprised people are taking this godawful flamebait at this point.
Exactly, threads like this come up everyday it's been like this for months. Then you get trolls, and junk.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, it was already mentioned before. Off stage -> Footstool you win. Yay.
If someone mentions that again an infant will die somewhere. It is really hard to footstool Yoshi. I need to find the some odd thousand posts that have been made on this.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Lmao, I've beaten the others in games.

And going to tournaments doesn't mean ****, people can still be better than you. There could be some un-discovered Link main that would **** the **** out of all the others. Ask the others if you don't think I'm good.
Lmao. That's hilarious.
Not only is it impossible to be amazing at this game without playing against other competitive people, it's hilarious that you think you can.

You aren't good.
I don't care how old you are, It's just johns.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Wow, someone who actually believes you can do good while not going to tourneys, even though all the top players are at their level DUE TO ****ING TOURNEY EXPERIENCE. You cant ****ing argue how you get good with someone who goes to tourneys and places well.

Go to a tourney and you'll get your *** handed to you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
This is ****ing stupid.

I NEVER said I was a top player. I said I was one of the better people with Yoshi. So get your heads out of your *****. Considering there are like 15+ Yoshi mains.

And really shut the fuck up, I don't care if you are pro at a video game. IT'S A ****ING GAME! It will never be anymore. So why the hell are you arguing about ****ing pros. It's not a sport and never will be.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Chaco, losing online is not a way to determine skill level at all. At least not a very accurate way. Latency affects every player and character differently. Ally is just one of the worlds best players.

Chaco you really aren't that smart.

BTW, Melee > Brawl.

NOW this thread is useless :)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco, losing online is not a way to determine skill level at all. At least not a very accurate way. Latency affects every player and character differently. Ally is just one of the worlds best players.

Chaco you really aren't that smart.

BTW, Melee > Brawl.

NOW this thread is useless :)
It's an indicator of it. It's just a game what the hell does it matter anyway.

Yeah definitely not that smart. Yup.

Agreed.

And it was useless from the beginning.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco, it seems like you're getting pretty mad over this. Isn't it JUST a game?
Yeah it is. But it's really annoying when people like Falcon troll around.

I edited for a reason. I don't care how dumb it makes me look, I really don't care. Argue all you want about a game.

I'm just you little bit of flamebait right now.

Honestly I find it amusing. :]

Veril

Frame Savant
please! Some mod, close this thread. If for no other reason than to discourage other threads of its type emerging on tactical.

Again, I could list why I think Jiggs should move up. I don't, because nobody would care, I'd look foolish, and tactical isn't the place for this sort of discussion.

/thread

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Because Samus is better overall. She has a better projectile game than Yoshi, has a better recovery, and has a better edgeguarding game. She is also heavier and has better tilts.
better projectile game that is still poor.
better recovery? meh
better edgeguarding? debatable considering yoshi's superior air speed.
being heavier means little cause she is also floaty, which means she dies from vertical kills earlier.

Yoshi has a much better air game, a better grab game, and doesn't have as much of an issue illing. The third being more important because of how long characters live this time around.

Plus, Samus can always turn into ZSS to avoid a bad matchup.
We are analyzing power suit Samus who is an entirely separate character.

D

Deleted member

Dumb thread is dumb.

Yoshi sucks, like 5 people place with him in tournies, he gets ***** by everyone, etc etc.

Close thread now.

Melee is awesomely better than brawl =)

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Can't we just move it to the Yoshi boards? Why lock it?

On the other hand, it could be locked or stickied so that I can laugh at some of the ignorance in this thread.

Ills

Smash Apprentice
This thread went down the ****ter, fast.

Snowstalker, we could move it to the Yoshi boards but the Yoshi players would not really appreciate a thread full of flames and yelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom