• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Interview Thread! Round 15 Voting is Here... Still!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I know you play soccer, but what other extracurricular activities do you partake in? And what are your hobbies?
I play in the school band. Specialize in the Xylophone and all its variants. Other than that, nothing really. I'm good at kickball, though.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
Before Sliced Bread? No such thing exists. Sliced Bread marks the beginning of the universe.

Because nobody wants to eat sour cream, so you need SOME reason to throw it out.

You have succeeded in failing, but have failed the task you tried to fail at.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I play in the school band. Specialize in the Xylophone and all its variants. Other than that, nothing really. I'm good at kickball, though.
LOL.......Xylophone

LMFAO dsfjsdlfjlsdhfdsssdfsf

g**** Delta sdlkfjsdlkfjdlkds

also Sour Cream gets watery that's why.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Don't be hatin', Brutus.

Pit percussion don't take kindly to you people.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Oops... I forgot about this as well. XD
I seemed to have forgotten everything this weekend it seems.
Alright, everyone start voting on who you want interviewed for round 2! I already have my vote up! XD

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If you idolized me, why are you playing Yoshi in such a completely opposite manner?
I'm answering this anyways screw you all.

Because I'm really gay. Nah, I just never put in the effort to learn DR and I eventually built my entire style around being gay and camping. Besides, we need two polar opposites in Yoshi mainage.

I vote for Furbs.

D

Deleted member

Im even more aggresive than scatty move of the time. He just plays DRey so it looks like hes being super offensive.

Airborne

Smash Lord
DeltaCod's Interview (Insert Majestic Font Here)

1) How long have you been playing smash bros., and when did you finally join the community?
I've played since 64, though I didn't find out about any of the deeper mechanics of the game until Brawl was announced. After I got Brawl I got into the competitive scene through WiFi clans and AiB before I finally joined this place rather than lurking. My first tournament was Viridian City 5, I believe, last summer.

2) Besides loving the character, is there any other reason why you main Yoshi? Were you inspired to play :yoshi2: from someone or did his type of playstyle just "click" for you?
Well, I found all of my "mains" by playing through SSE and classic mode and what not. At first it was Lucas, then Ness, then Yoshi. When I first played Yoshi, he just sort of clicked with me, so I stuck with him. I fell in love with him after finding out about Big and his DR, although ironically I have not yet learned it or even put much practice into it at all.

3) Can we get some humor? Yes, that is a question Mr.Delta.
No.

4) What is your favorite food?
Meta Knight.

Om nom nom.

5) Can i get a ride to apex?
Um. Maybe.

6) Have you ever had a remotely close relationship with a female? No your mother does not count.
Yes, I have.

7) Who do you think the top 3 :yoshi2: mains are in your opinion?
Probably [burntsocks], Big, and I want to say me only because I'm not aware of any other Yoshis that consistently attend events and do well consistently. Maybe Air or Polt.

8) Are you jealous that I got a red :yoshi2: plushy from my friend for my birthday (she said the store had cyan as well)?

9) Out of all the relatively known players you've beaten recently, how many of them do you think actually have a solid grasp of the :yoshi2: mu?
Um, none, really

I have taken a few of those that are familiar with the mu to close sets, like Will and Diem (last hit game 3 both times), but I haven't quite beaten them yet. I'm not that good yet. =[

9) Was your avatar based off your screen name, or vice-versa? What's the story behind whichever one came first?
I found the avatar after having my screen name for a while. The name was actually something a friend of mine gave me. There was a story for it, but I forgot it, it's been like, 4 years. I found this picture on gamefaqs one day. I thought it was perfect, so I have it saved to my harddrive, e-mailed to myself, and uploaded to my photobucket.

10) What is your biggest fear? Are you scared of anything, or do you go about life all "hakuna-matata" like?
I'm terrified of heights. Well, at least heights when I'm not in control, or the environment isn't controlled. I have no problem with planes or being in a tall building or anything. However, things like sledding, rollercoasters, etc. scare the crap out of me.

11) What is your favorite color?
Purple and Cyan.

12) What character are you you afear the most.
Whichever character possessed you to write such a poorly constructed sentence.

13) I know you play soccer, but what other extracurricular activities do you partake in? And what are your hobbies?

14) What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Before Sliced Bread? No such thing exists. Sliced Bread marks the beginning of the universe.

15) Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
Because nobody wants to eat sour cream, so you need SOME reason to throw it out.

16) If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
You have succeeded in failing, but have failed the task you tried to fail at.

17) If you idolized [Scatz/Bigman40/Techzilla/Mieu/Rai!], why are you playing Yoshi in such a completely opposite manner?
Because I'm really gay. Nah, I just never put in the effort to learn DR and I eventually built my entire style around being gay and camping. Besides, we need two polar opposites in :yoshi2: mainage.

18) Soda or Pop?
Soda. I'm not from pre-1990.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I think question 7 probably needs to be altered a bit, because it isn't actually clear who "you" is. People reading the interview without going through the thread will be lost. :confused: The same probably applies to 17 as well.

:005:

D

Deleted member

Where do you think yoshi belongs on the tier list.

What do you feel limits you, as a player, from becoming a consistantly strong placer, as you have the capability.

Why joo so pr0, ur the best yoshi of all time, everyone praise our DRing king.

bigman40

Smash Master
Where do you think yoshi belongs on the tier list.

At the current moment, top of low. Possibly in the future, bottom half/quarter of mid.

What do you feel limits you, as a player, from becoming a consistantly strong placer, as you have the capability.

It's obvious that Yoshi does limit me as I play him, but I still have fundamental problems that limit me much more such as finishing matches strong when I gain leads, making few (but critical) errors during matches/sets. Other than that, I'm fine with what I can do.

Why joo so pr0, ur the best yoshi of all time, everyone praise our DRing king.

Ummmm......K.......I just know how to play flashy while playing somewhat safe ad making right decisions.
Why do you like Raichu?

He's probably the only pokemon I like from pokemon (and totodile). I just happen to like Raichu's personality and style more.

Why do you call me a troll?

Is this a rhetorical question?

Why are you still using Yoshi?

Is this a rhetorical question? I use him because he's my best. No one else fits the style like Yoshi does.

There. Keep em comin.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If you could do anything to any one person, what would you do and to who?

Where is Waldo?

Do you love your mom?

Sharky

Smash Master
What is your single favorite move in yoshi's arsenal?

What are some of your favorite DR mixups?

how much time per day do you think you practiced DR when you were trying to really get it down?

Where would you rank the top players in and around your region on a national scale?

How would you rank GA trashtalk?

Soda, Pop, or Coke (I hear some people down south actually call it that o.O)

Top Bottom