• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Interview Thread! Round 15 Voting is Here... Still!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I wont keep it updated, ill be on a short haitus prob next week or so.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Let me know if I'm wrong here, but archiving the interviews seems like a ton of work for whoever does it. Perhaps if the interviewee (sp? lol spellcheck says thats a word) puts them in archive format as they respond to the questions this thread could be brought back, or even a new one could be created since we are modless again.

Also there was like no one left to interview when the thread died... lolz

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I was never interviewed. If this does come back though, dont vote for me until im back. Ill be moving out sometime in the next couple weeks and I dont wanna be in that process while im chosen as Ill have a lack of internet for an undetermined time.

Airborne

Smash Lord
I'm slowly coming back, being on a Marvel break for the semester (CHECK OUT MAH COMBO VIDEO!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x0CTBS9P2w&feature=channel_video_title)

And my Yoshi will be the first ever to make Polt go Yoshi so.... yeah.

I'll probably start by archiving the interviews... mine's going to be the biggest pain in the ***, despite me having already numbered everything and such. -____-;

Y'all can go ahead and start voting if there's anyone that y'all would like to see be interviewed.

HINT: SHARKY HAS NOT BEEN INTERVIEWED YET!!!!

Airborne

Smash Lord
Well, since I believe we allowed people to vote for themselves in past rounds, I think it's currently:
Sharky a.k.a. the_Yoshinator: 3
Z'zgashi: 1

I guess we'll be keeping this open until September 3rd, which starts the beginning of the National Yoshi Holiday Appreciation Month (a.k.a. A lot of Veteran Yoshi players have their birthday this month LOL).... and that would be Scatz's first?

Airborne

Smash Lord
Scarlet Jile's Interview

1) Jile, are you related to Shiri?
We are related in many ways. For example, his name is an anagram for "Irish," and I'm like 1/16th Irish. Also, I feel like there is a very close bond between us, considering that I sleep with his Mom, and, like... you know. It's his Mom.

2) How old are you?
I am older than everyone here, probably, but not old enough to be anyone here's Dad, so it's not totally weird. Plus, like, you're only as old as the woman you feel, right? And--oh, right. Shiri's Mom. So I guess I'm like... lower-mid forties, in that case. I don't know, it was hard to see and I was drunk. It's not like I actually ask for IDs.

3) Favorite games?
Tales of the Drunken Paladin

4) Do you actually play Smash competitively anymore?
If by "competitively" you mean do I punch people in the throat when I play, then yes. I play very competitively.

5) Why are you one of [DeltaCod's everyone's] favorite posters on these here forums?
Because I can see the swirls of cinnamon-sugar in every bite?

6) What do you do for a living?
I am a writer and freelance copy-editor. I also get a lot of money for living in Maine, because the state doesn't want to see its last pioneer of cool bail out.

7) What color :yoshi2: do you use?
Few can recall what color he once was, but for many years, he has been fully submerged in the blood of his enemies.

8) Where did you get your tag?
It's from a little somethin'-somethin' called "The Abominable Charles Christopher," which is a web comic that I recommend very highly. I assume that is what you mean by "tag." I don't know what the hell "Smash Ace" is or where it came from.

8a) I actually meant how you came up with/acquired the name "Scarlet Jile". Is there a background story to it?
Oh! Well, there is a bit of a story, actually.

You see, four-thousand years ago, there was a small village that lived on the coast of what is now southern Iceland. They were humble farmers, self-sufficient, living on the bountiful land itself and the vast quantities of goats which the gods had supplied.

Odin, the All-Father, rode his eight-legged steed over the rocky coasts and green pastures and kept his people free from war and strife for centuries. The villages expanded and became great, and their walls were high, and their numbers doubled and tripled and eventually, full nations grew out of nothing, and the men thought themselves great. The All-Father watched as his children became self-sufficient, powerful, and ultimately forget about him.

This distressed the All-Father, and his anger brewed deep within him, but was contained. His children may have forgotten him, but at least they prospered and lived on.

Like all civilizations, however, this, too, crumbled. They turned against one-another from the heart of their nations and their walls crumbled, and they began to cry to the All-Father, "ODIN! WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN US? ARE WE NOT YOUR CHILDREN?"

It was at this time when Loki, god of deception, began to encourage Odin's wrath. "Look at these men," he would say. "Look at how they turn their backs on you and the blame you for their suffering--you who gave them life and freedom!"

The All-Father's rage grew tenfold at Loki's masterful manipulation, and thus he turned on his own people, and descended upon them mounted atop Sleipnir, his eight-legged horse, spear in hand, and slew them all--all but one--the most beautiful woman he could find so that he could begin civilization anew. It was the offspring of Odin and this most majestic of women whose blood-line would eventually reach modern-day Maine.

Odin, who still watches his people, rode upon Slepnir to the house about 7 or 8 and shouted to those who fell underneath the eight cloven hooves, "Yo holmes, smell you later." The All-Father looked out over his kingdom: he was finally there, to sit atop his golden throne as the King of Bel-Air.

9) Would you ever come down to Kentucky? If so, would you be interested in the amazing masterpiece that is known as Donato's Pizza?
Would I? Absolutely, if my plane ticket was paid for. And Donato's pizza sounds a little bit like Donatello's pizza, and if there is anything I've learned in life, it's that we should trust a ninja turtle's judgment. Particularly if that judgment is regarding pizza.

10) What exactly IS Tales of the Drunken Paladin?
The best game in the universe. Maybe you aren't into things that are the best in the universe, and I can understand that. You might really be into things that are mediocre, or boring, or somehow intrinsically inferior. Final Fantasy, for example. That's cool. To each their own.

But if you ever want to step it up to the BIG LEAGUES, and roll with the BIG DOGS, you just let me know, and I'll give you the straight hook-ups.

11) What is the population of you residence?
2, myself and my wife.

12) What is the population of the entire state of Maine?

13) Will you teach me how to see the cinnamon swirls in every bite?
One cannot merely learn to see the cinnamon swirls; it is something one must be born into, and meditate upon each day.

14) What questions you think Shiri will ask you when he remembers them?
He may have some questions about his origin that I sadly cannot answer.

15) Did these questions annoy you? I hope they don't.
Nah, dawg. It's all gravy. 8)

16) Have you ever had Mongolian Rock Salt?
I don't think so, but I have had regular rock salt, and it made my throat hurt for a long time.

17) Are you the King of Maine?
Yes, but Maine is ruled by a Matriarchy, so I just kind of sit in my wife's shadow.

18) Are pools cold in Maine?
They are especially cool in the winter, when there is no water in them, and they are filled with snow instead.

19) On a ranking of 1-51 where does Maine rank? (1 being the best)
1, because we have a history of the toughest men in the universe. Pirates, lumberjacks and my 8th grade teacher, who was like those two things combined, plus also partly a werewolf. He flipped a desk over on a student, back before teaching institutions were *******.

20) Would you care if I disappeared like Mmac?
I would care very much if you disappeared after taking something that belonged to me.

21) Which came first the chicken or the egg?
The chicken, since eggs and even baby chicks would never survive on their own without Mom.

22) Studying = Student + Dying, explain.
Does not compute... what is... studying...?

23) If possum is to apricot, then farmer is to...?
This is the worst question ever. I am telling your parents. You are a massive disappointment to me and everyone around you. Why can't you just be more like your brother?

24) What is the greatest food of all time?
This is theoretical, because I've never seen it on a menu. But picture this, if you will:

A big fat juicy bacon-wrapped filet mignon, tenderized to the point of being edible without a steak-knife with caramelized onions, peppers and mushrooms stuffed into cheese-filled, home-made pizza crust with garlic and butter.

Then, on the side, a towering milkshake of hand-whipped fresh breast milk from some glorious, overflowing busty Swedish maid, frothing and chilled to perfection in the purified water from some frozen Maine spring, pureed to a thick, creamy, Belgian-chocolatey consistency, topped off with a red bendy-straw.

25) Who is this 'Scarlet Jile'?
[Please see my previous response post, in response to Airborne.]

26) What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?

27) What do you believe Gene Wilder's best quote is? Is it in Willy Wonka?

28) Who is your favorite author? Favorite book?

29) Since you are so fluent with the English language and the art that is known as writing, does that make you my sworn enemy since I am a math-heavy engineer to-be, or do I just worship your awesomeness?

30) If you still watch Yoshi matches, who is your favorite one to watch?

31) Have you seen Toy Story 3 yet? If so, what was your emotional response to the ending?

32) Can you feel the block shock thunderous beat (UH-HUH!!!)?

33) Story time?
To be finished...

Sharky

Smash Master
Well, since I believe we allowed people to vote for themselves in past rounds, I think it's currently:
Sharky a.k.a. the_Yoshinator: 3
Z'zgashi: 1

I guess we'll be keeping this open until September 3rd, which starts the beginning of the National Yoshi Holiday Appreciation Month (a.k.a. A lot of Veteran Yoshi players have their birthday this month LOL).... and that would be Scatz's first?
noooooooo you weren't supposed to tell them thaaaaaaaat!

Top Bottom