• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
I wanna learn melee but its too technical ;F.. my hands get tired
learn jigglypuff

or sheik, she's not very technical either

with jigglypuff you can actually autocancel her bair and nair. and she can't really be comboed much. so it would feel kind of familiar =P

sheik has that "my moves always win" property. that + easy combos. (actually, so do fox and falco, but they're technical)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Kyle, I need directions incase I can't meet up with Ryan.

I'll try to go in early and leave around 10? or whenever everyone does.

Also I wouldnt mind helping you guys pick up melee.

edit: so whats up with the tvs?

idea

Smash Master
actually, you know what. i could be there around 3 tomorrow, if anyone wants to come earlier. i have a test so the class ends earlier than usual.

stos - get to a subway station (vic park if you want, but it'd be faster to go to...any other station west of you)

- get to Downsview station. this is at the top of the spadina line...or...the top left of the yellow U-shaped part =P
- take the 196 or 196A bus (there are others but these are the most direct route buses)
- it will stop at "york university commons" and everyone on the bus will get off. it's rare for anyone to stay on after that point because the whole point of the bus is to take people to york. so it'll be really clear where to get off.
- from here, get to founders college. if you walk north/to your right there will be a kind of walkway with a few doors, which lead to a food court. go through there and keep going the same direction, or take either of the doors leading north on the outside of it. just...keep going in that direction.
- keep walking this way, you will pass a basketball court. past that is a big building. there'll be signs that say founder's college. you should see a door on that building, and if you go in there, you'll be in a hallway with some classes. we'll be in one of the rooms in this hallway. it's not always the same room but you should hear melee music in the hall anyway.

yeah, i'm not very good at giving directions, so here's a big pdf map too.
http://www.yorku.ca/yorkweb/maps/KeeleMap-Sept2008.pdf

as for tvs...there's one per room, and we can't move them around. so we will probably not spread out into more than 2 or 3 rooms. but, there's also not too many people, and ryan usually doesn't play, so it works out well enough.

P___

Smash Cadet
I think Im going to use Falco,fox and marth. my hands dont get tired anymore ;]

But when I switch back to brawl its weird.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I'll try to come at 3pm than.

If you're going to pick up Melee, I suggest playing Sheik because she/he/homo is mean ^.^

Might bring my Wii since I'll probably stay like until 8- 9pm or something like that.... I'm just worried some people will be like "Hey! Why's that kid playing video games in a college?"... So paranoid >.<

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
alright thanks Kyle.

I might go with Ryan tomorrow

Also im bringing friends too since some wants to attend york after grade 12. So were gonna check it out. I might not play that much but i'd be happy to play a bit haha. So yeah expect me to be there with a bunch of people.

that being said, Kyle or David can you give us like a mini tour or like a lecture about whats good about york and stuff =D

P: USE LINK!!!

edit: we should be there by like 3-4?

idea

Smash Master
I'll try to come at 3pm than.

If you're going to pick up Melee, I suggest playing Sheik because she/he/homo is mean ^.^

Might bring my Wii since I'll probably stay like until 8- 9pm or something like that.... I'm just worried some people will be like "Hey! Why's that kid playing video games in a college?"... So paranoid >.<
this pseudo-club has been going on...i think longer than i've been in university.

also, if they have any sort of negative reaction to people playing melee, their opinions are not worth your consideration.

alright thanks Kyle.

I might go with Ryan tomorrow

Also im bringing friends too since some wants to attend york after grade 12. So were gonna check it out. I might not play that much but i'd be happy to play a bit haha. So yeah expect me to be there with a bunch of people.

that being said, Kyle or David can you give us like a mini tour or like a lecture about whats good about york and stuff =D

P: USE LINK!!!

edit: we should be there by like 3-4?
aha, okay. it's really more of a hanging out thing than a smashing thing...mostly due to tv:person ratios.

what's good about york? from what i can tell, the classes aren't very hard. also if i remember correctly the campus has about 50000 undergraduate students, and about 65% of those are girls. that's upwards of 30000.

and yeah, 3-4, something like that. i might not be there RIGHT at 3 but sometime around then.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yess. All come earlier. Then it's all good, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it tomorrow. I'll be there around 3:30ish.

I'll bring my Wii.

.decoy

Smash Ace
im off work at 9, and would be there like 20 mins later.
anyone gonna be around? noone mentioned he might.
and where does one park?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Huh? So you're going to be there like at 9:20pm? 0.0

I guess parking at York U would be difficult; I think you have to be a York University student to park there? The only place I think people that don't attend to York U would be a parking lot near the food court, but I don't know if they allow people that are not students or teachers to park there.

I'll try to be there at like 3pm :3

Rikana

Smash Champion
Gonna be there around 3:30 as mentioned. I'm not a Brawl person though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'll be there for 6. Mike, if you don't have WoW, stay so I can pick up tokens you silly goose.

Bernie teach me how to fight Fox with Sheik.

LiQuYu

Smash Rookie
lol... I'm already here.... the classrooms are all currently taken up though... but apparently they'll be done between 3~4-ish. Someone come join meeeeee or I'm going home like last week... lol~

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I'll go next week only if carter and Decoy go for sure, I might need wednesday practices to prevent me from quiting smash, cause' pownz may be my last tourney.

idea

Smash Master
Huh? So you're going to be there like at 9:20pm? 0.0

I guess parking at York U would be difficult; I think you have to be a York University student to park there? The only place I think people that don't attend to York U would be a parking lot near the food court, but I don't know if they allow people that are not students or teachers to park there.

I'll try to be there at like 3pm :3
you don't need to be going here to use the parking lots, but it's expensive. i forget how much exactly cause i don't drive.

I'll be there for 6. Mike, if you don't have WoW, stay so I can pick up tokens you silly goose.

Bernie teach me how to fight Fox with Sheik.
Gonna be there around 3:30 as mentioned. I'm not a Brawl person though.
lol... I'm already here.... the classrooms are all currently taken up though... but apparently they'll be done between 3~4-ish. Someone come join meeeeee or I'm going home like last week... lol~
k, so i can't come right at 3 anymore...my class had a test, and for some reason there is a short lecture after it. i assumed we would all be done after that. so i'll be there at around 4 i think. lecture + getting food + asking the english department something.

or should i wait and get food with other people?

idea

Smash Master
currently still in class. we watched a video of an actual neural impulse forming in the brain =)

the internet here is faster than mine at home.

Rikana

Smash Champion
currently still in class. we watched a video of an actual neural impulse forming in the brain =)

the internet here is faster than mine at home.
I should just steal york's bandwidth next time. Gonna bring my laptop and download like 5 billion movies.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Toy Story 3 better be good! I have high expectations from it! And it blows that York U's internet speed was so slow... >.<

.decoy

Smash Ace
**** i got there at like 920 and everyone was gone. ****.

just for later reference..its still in founders 104 right?

idea

Smash Master
this time i left earlier to go with stos, and everyone else kind of followed. don't even remember seeing brawl people...but then they've been there before without me seeing them.

not always in any one room, though.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Whats the deal for this wednesday? Is the school open? If so, we should have a huge casual since there will be no work johns.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Idk, but seeing as school is out and it's summer, I expect like at least 12 people or more and stuff :3

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Next wednesday is a holiday; thats why im asking.

Nobody should be working or even at summer school.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Ohhh yeahhhhh.... I forgot about C-Day...

I likely wont' come, gonna be with friends next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom