• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Ahh, ok.

Make a friend who lives in the village and park at their house for free parking. =)
Parking at Founders Road East Lot or Northwest Gate Lot, is $7.00 flat rate after 5pm.
If you wanna park at a parking garage, York Lanes Parking Garage, Arboretum Parking Garage (William Small Centre) or Student Services Parking Garage is $8.00 flat after 6pm.
If all else fails, just car pool and have everyone split the cost. =P
More like $16 flat after 5 pm ~_~

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
edit: so many pretty girls at this school =D
I concur. And some of the boys are kind of pretty too :X

Yeah, there seem to be classes open. There have been classes open since like 3. But I think there's an assembly or something going on; some girl mentionned it. I'm heading over, though, I was waiting there but then decided to get food before they stopped selling the cheap samosas. $2 for 4 is too good.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
I concur. And some of the boys are kind of pretty too :X

Yeah, there seem to be classes open. There have been classes open since like 3. But I think there's an assembly or something going on; some girl mentionned it. I'm heading over, though, I was waiting there but then decided to get food before they stopped selling the cheap samosas. $2 for 4 is too good.
Wow, sex deal.

Josh, where you parking today? I think I might go off campus this time.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
So when me and Josh were playing the last match before we had to close up, some Brawler came in and was watching us and was like "Is this lightning mode?"

I didn't know people actually asked that.

idea

Smash Master
haha, david, i found that article you were talking about...about the brawl tournament here with the winner who played "defensive". apparently she also won a melee tournament at her school. i hope they do another "wii cup"...i wanna ask her if she knows what L-canceling is.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
haha, david, i found that article you were talking about...about the brawl tournament here with the winner who played "defensive". apparently she also won a melee tournament at her school. i hope they do another "wii cup"...i wanna ask her if she knows what L-canceling is.
She kind of knows advanced techs.. she mentioned the Omnigay Brawl 2v2 tactic to me.

LOL I was at that Wii Cup thing.. she was horrible at Brawl - when I faced her 1v1, it was ez 3stock, and I was sandbagging with Falcon. Actually, everybody there was pretty bad at Brawl. She was, though, REALLY REALLY GOOD at MKWii (which was the other game at the tourney), and that basically carried her to win the finals, the format for the semis and finals was Brawl/MKWii, then the other game, then a random one of the 2 games (which ended up as MKWii in the finals)

The set-up at the tournament was horrible though; it was a Brawl/MKWii tournament, and the Wii the tourney used only had the original characters haha.. this one guy brought his Wii with all the Brawl chars, but the host said that it wouldn't be fair to switch the Wiis lol

90% of the people there were there for Brawl cause they thought that there would be separate tourneys lol

idea

Smash Master
lol, that's so dumb. if they do another one that's just brawl i'll go. and i'll play pretty much only metaknight. it'll be fun.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
I seriously need to know the name of the person who lend me his tri-wing trianlge.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
It's not really the newest one, it's not the American codeset. There's auto L-Cancel, more hitstun, more shieldstun, more gravity and stuff.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Kyle, if you had time we can just schedule for a weekday other than Wednesday o_o. We could smash and I could set it up for you.

Friday included.

idea

Smash Master
possibly. orr, now that i think of it, you could set it up for me on wednesday. i just have to remember to bring an sd card.

idea

Smash Master
what he means is, they made aerials have less lag overall. they changed the moves, but not the overall physics for that. anyway, what it amounts to is that there's not very much lag when you hit the ground with an aerial.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I might come this wednesday. Who's gonna be there? I'll probably bring my wii and Brawl+ setup as well. If anyone wants Brawl+ on their wii, bring your wii and SD card. I'll help out. I got TP.

Edit: need to know how many people's going to see if it's worth coming. Is it possible someone that's a regular there and will be there this wednesday to PM me his/her number in case I get lost? Booo its gonna be over an hour bus ride. Anyone wanna meet up at finch station or yonge and steeles wanna bus with me? haha

Edit: Hmm. Don't know who's going. Assuming there won't be much happening tomorrow then I guess I'll come another time. Unless someone can respond soon. I'm mad tired from 2 exams today so I won't be on for much longer.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Might come tomorrow, might not. Exams this week, but Melee is soooo broken.

And lololol Eric. I forgot to tell you last time, but after me and Ryan dropped you off at Subway, we drove 10 feet down Steeles and the Tim Horton's was right there, right across the street.

idea

Smash Master
i'm always going. justnoone is bringing his wii so he's going. if paul, julian, and lisa go, that's 7 already. then add rikana and david.

if people go then people will be there =P the math is really simple.

Rikana

Smash Champion
lol sorry guys. I was excited to come today but then I gotta meet up with my girl today. :( I haven't seen her for like 2 weeks 'cause of exams soooo next week. Mad tired from exams. Hardly got any sleep yesterday.. but I'm finally done, so I'm happy.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Congrats on Finishing Rikana... sucks that you can't come but we all have our priorities!

I'm probably coming today, don't see why not. I don't have the stuff on me to help you set up Brawl+ though Kyle, sorry!!

Rikana

Smash Champion
If you guys can wait 'til next week, I can bring stuff to help set up for Brawl+ as well. I you just need you guys to bring your own SD card. If anything.. I can soft mod your wii as well so you can play backups. ;)

Edit: Just gonna ask in advance. Who's gonna go next week?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Most likely the same people who are going this week plus more; there's always people who come that don't post in the thread.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, we usually have too many people (compared to # of tvs), so don't worry about that.

i brought a wii and stuff, but i forgot to bring an sd card. but then it occurred to me that the only one i could have brought, i need to have full anyway. so i'm gonna see if i can buy a cheap one in york lanes.

idea

Smash Master
that's at least 4 now.

i couldn't find an sd card i wanted. the cheapest one at the computer stuff store at york was 2gb for $35, and i can find a 2gb one cheaper, but i don't even need that much space for brawl+.

Rikana

Smash Champion
LOL $35 for 2gb is MAD ripoff. You can get them for like $10 and under. I got mine for $5. I have a microSD to SD adapter so it still works. It doesn't necessarily need to be an actual SD, as long as it can be converted into one from adapters. If you have a microSD, all you need is an adapter. Vice versa.

I'm using a 128mb microSD. Cell phones nowadays should come with microSDs, unless you bought a Sony brand.Those are pro duos, a sony-specific memory card for sony products, which won't work since Sony loves milking money off their products.

idea

Smash Master
don't have a cell phone =) i have my R4's mini sd card with me, but the adapter is at home (assuming you mean usb adapter). i'll get a cheaper one somewhere else.

my friend brendan is also coming today.

Sanu

Smash Champion
What Rikana said. I got my 2 gig for $5 from Factory Direct, works like a charm.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Ehhh, I was thinking of not coming today but since Julian is going to be there...

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom