• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I won't fail next time by bring my Wiimote >.<

I want to hack my Wii and find some hack or some sort so I don't have to use a Wiimote to start it up, does that type of hack exist? 0.0

idea

Smash Master
I won't fail next time by bring my Wiimote >.<

I want to hack my Wii and find some hack or some sort so I don't have to use a Wiimote to start it up, does that type of hack exist? 0.0
i'll probably bring mine from now on anyway. and, haha, i wish, but i don't think so. such a dumb setup...dammit nintendo.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
of course you can BURROW it.
rofl, i mistyped. i meant tri-wing screwdriver lol.
If you can, then, thank you very much. I gotta replace the analog on my purple gamecube controller and also clean my purple controller and my silver one. The one you used yesterday.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
No I don't actually have one. I was just loling at your sentence.
yeh.. I was typing really fast before i went to school so i had no idea what i was typing until i came back home -.-
One of the Teen Titans have one but idk which one. I forgot his name.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Explain your hacked parking.
I actually got a ticket because I parked really close to Founder's and the parking officials love hanging out where I was (there's a large parking further away that supposedly gets hardly any tickets).

But here's the catch, their parking tickets aren't government issued, so they have no way to enforce any consequences for unpaid tickets unless you're a York student. I'm not, so I get away totally free until I have many, many unpaid tickets and they decide to tow my ***.

High fives and mucho credito to Josh and his friend for figuring this all out.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
I actually got a ticket because I parked really close to Founder's and the parking officials love hanging out where I was (there's a large parking further away that supposedly gets hardly any tickets).

But here's the catch, their parking tickets aren't government issued, so they have no way to enforce any consequences for unpaid tickets unless you're a York student. I'm not, so I get away totally free until I have many, many unpaid tickets and they decide to tow my ***.

High fives and mucho credito to Josh and his friend for figuring this all out.
How much is parking ticket anyways?

Santana

Smash Apprentice
How much is parking ticket anyways?
40, but 20 if you pay within 5 days. 10$ is for a one night pass of SSBM. I love smash and all, but 10 bucks seems a bit much.

That doesn't exactly sound like a solid strategy, Santa.

Josh pays for his parking now...
It's a developing strategy... more below.

i think josh pays for his parking now cause he saw someone else getting towed in the lot where he was parked =P
Yea, I noticed on the ticket that if you're a recurring offender you can get towed, but what I don't know is what exactly constitutes as a recurring offender. Maybe like 5, 10 times? Whatever, this is a developing strategy and I'm working out the kinks.

First, parallel parking is hawt because it's very difficult to tow a parallel parked car with someone in the front and the back. Second, the bigger the lot, the less chance you have of being spotted, so this is an alternative to parallel parking. Now, the kicker is that I've kept my ticket from last time, and as I leave my car, I'm going to stick it under the windshield wiper. I'm betting they won't even bother to stop and check when the ticket was dated, especially in a larger lot. Of course, they might be used to this sort of thing... guess we'll find out Wednesday :suess:

EDIT: I also realize the parking officials might place the ticket in a certain orientation to signify to other officials that they've placed the ticket there and not some idiot student who's trying to trick them. I'll be looking out next time for examples from other cars on how to place my ticket.

Here's to givin em the business.

idea

Smash Master
haha, leaving another ticket under the wiper is really smart. one way that could fail is if there's only one person designated to write tickets for each lot/group of lots.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
haha, leaving another ticket under the wiper is really smart. one way that could fail is if there's only one person designated to write tickets for each lot/group of lots.
I'm not sure, but that might be the case, which means they'll probably know if they've placed that ticket there. I'm going to have to think of a way around that too then... hmmmm...

Help me out, Josh :bee:

EDIT: Ahaha, I just found the best idea (no pun). Leave your windshield wipers on "Rapid Wipe" to avoid the ticket.

so much lulz

LiQuYu

Smash Rookie
Make a friend who lives in the village and park at their house for free parking. =)
Parking at Founders Road East Lot or Northwest Gate Lot, is $7.00 flat rate after 5pm.
If you wanna park at a parking garage, York Lanes Parking Garage, Arboretum Parking Garage (William Small Centre) or Student Services Parking Garage is $8.00 flat after 6pm.
If all else fails, just car pool and have everyone split the cost. =P

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Make a friend who lives in the village and park at their house for free parking. =)
Parking at Founders Road East Lot or Northwest Gate Lot, is $7.00 flat rate after 5pm.
If you wanna park at a parking garage, York Lanes Parking Garage, Arboretum Parking Garage (William Small Centre) or Student Services Parking Garage is $8.00 flat after 6pm.
If all else fails, just car pool and have everyone split the cost. =P
Yea, that's what I did before. Good to know it's 7$ after 5 at those spots cause I was parking at the garage and that was 8+$ cause I went there before 6. I'm actually debating parking off campus now, at like one of the coffee shops or something.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
Tempted to start coming to these maybeeeee.. Just moved to TO so I've been looking for people to smash with.. I'm way down on Queen st though so it's like zomg how do I get around at the moment, but hopefully I figure it out one day and make my way out there.. :)

idea

Smash Master
the ttc is pretty straightforward. if you want to get to york, go to downsview station and take the 196 bus, or go to finch station and take the 60.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
... I'm packing my Wiimote this time just incase somone forgets their Wiimote :3

Yes!

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
im coming tmw and can any of you let me burrow one of tri-wing screwdriver tmw please?

Sanu

Smash Champion
burrow lol

ATTN: Ryan & Mike - I'm bringing my Phillips screwdriver, I have it in my backpack. Gogo customization? ^-^

piZ

Smash Journeyman
So, I'll probably try and make it out to this next week.. I'm torn between smashing and watching Lost! :p

idea

Smash Master
i would, but i have to finish my film blog thingy that's due before midnight =( haha, wish i'd read this earlier, i would have done it sooner instead of watching m2k vs. ninjalink

what time should i go to founder's? since i decided a week ago i'm skipping my tutorial =P

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i would, but i have to finish my film blog thingy that's due before midnight =( haha, wish i'd read this earlier, i would have done it sooner instead of watching m2k vs. ninjalink

what time should i go to founder's? since i decided a week ago i'm skipping my tutorial =P
idk. Soon would be cool, but finish your film blog thingy. I'm just sitting in Central Square on a terrible public computer so I'm doing nothing lawl.

idea

Smash Master
haha k. when my laptop was out for repair i would bring food there, and eat with one hand while browsing smashboards and typing with the other. i always wondered if anyone would recognize the site and ask me about it =P i'm near one of the big windows in vari hall right now. my film thingy shouldn't take too much longer, since i'm not going for very high quality, so i'll post back here once it's done.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lolz.

edit: I'm going to wait at Founders 'cuz I'm bored of the internet. I don't have GCN or Wii so I hope somebody brought :O

idea

Smash Master
i am. almost done.

funny how it never works for me to be honest in schoolwork. i mean, not exactly honest. in one movie it asks me to say whether we see from the perspective of the one guy, of the city he's temporarily in, or the city people's view of him. and i wanna say, both, kind of. but you can't say both, cause that sounds so much wimpier and is harder to support. if i just say it's the city's view then it works in perfectly with the way i answered the same question for the other movie.

but it doesn't fit in that way naturally X_X i tried it at first, but i would end up having to explain myself even more, since i seem to be contradicting myself. i know this is what the TA would say about it. but maybe not all opinions are so clear-cut like that =( i've come across this problem in other essays, too. it's often most accurate for me to give an "it's a bit of both" answer, but that just never works in an assignment.

yeah, anyway. not a big deal. but i wanted to say that. sometimes the more boring answer is the correct one.

edit: so many pretty girls at this school =D

Sanu

Smash Champion
Question, does York have a wireless internet throughout the whole campus?

If I were to bring my laptop, could I get a signal at Founders?

idea

Smash Master
yes, yes you could. i dunno if it's the WHOLE campus, but definitely the important areas. i mean, you might have to wander into a forest to stop getting the signal =P

david...i's done so i'll be there pretty soon. are there any classes open yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom