• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
Hmm, were you taht guy who played BRAWL plus the other day?
one of them. i believe me, kirbykaze and sanuzi played with who i'm guessing you are. (did you play yoshi a few times?)

and...i'm going tomorrow. might have convinced my friend, who i saw on the bus today, to come too.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, this needs more SF4. One of the Brawl guys got SF4 last week, but when I asked him to get it for this week, he said that it would be too much to carry D:

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
I'd bring SF4 but I'm already bringing a melee setup and it's just a lot to bring....pain in teh butt. I take it same people are coming today as last week?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Seriously, this needs more SF4. One of the Brawl guys got SF4 last week, but when I asked him to get it for this week, he said that it would be too much to carry D:
Heh, to be honest, I feel like we shouldn't waste the few TVs (only two to three) that we have on SFIV for a Smash-centric event. If you want to play SFIV, go find another building with empty rooms containing TVs :laugh:

idea

Smash Master
so on the way home, josh brought up that maybe we could find some other place at york to hold this, since founders closes at 11.

this seems like a good plan. no way i'm gonna be looking this stuff up. anyone else more motivated to look into it?

edit: josh = sanuzi

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
I'm currently trying to talk to my parents into seeing if they would have you guys come over here. They are currently doing their best to be as closed minded as possible. We'll see what happens.

Aside from that, the only real issue I could think of would be how you guys would get home, cause of stupid YRT schedules. (From finch, take the 56 to don mills and steeles...from don mills and steeles, take the #3 to, literally, RIGHT infront of my house. Like actually.)....i'll get back to you guys.

Edit: Last bus comes by my house at 11:20 pm....so you guys would have to be out there from then, unless someone's driving. It's only a 15 minute bus ride from don mills and steeles...and another 15 min bus ride to/from finch...still shorter than york, i think)

idea

Smash Master
by "you guys" do you mean, anyone who shows up at york? orr...did you just mean the people you see more often at other smashfests?

Santana

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently trying to talk to my parents into seeing if they would have you guys come over here. They are currently doing their best to be as closed minded as possible. We'll see what happens.

Aside from that, the only real issue I could think of would be how you guys would get home, cause of stupid YRT schedules. (From finch, take the 56 to don mills and steeles...from don mills and steeles, take the #3 to, literally, RIGHT infront of my house. Like actually.)....i'll get back to you guys.

Edit: Last bus comes by my house at 11:20 pm....so you guys would have to be out there from then, unless someone's driving. It's only a 15 minute bus ride from don mills and steeles...and another 15 min bus ride to/from finch...still shorter than york, i think)
wtf is this Paul

DIFS

Smash Rookie
first time posting here =P I wanted to check out if u guy sgonna keep having this smash meeting till July. This is cuz I'm from Brazil, and i should be going to Toronto for a couple of weeks to a friends house, and it's always cool playing with foreign people. Ive been playin smahs for arnd 5 yrs, been to many brazilian competitions and I'm totally into brawl aswell. Waiting for a reply =P

idea

Smash Master
good question. i think we'll have to wait and see. i know i'll be having summer classes at york, so it's a possibility. if not, we'll definitely be having some sort of smash-related gatherings over the summer. check the regional zones-->north coast-->greater toronto area thread, we post about stuff in there a lot.

what's brazil like? =D

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
so on the way home, josh brought up that maybe we could find some other place at york to hold this, since founders closes at 11.

this seems like a good plan. no way i'm gonna be looking this stuff up. anyone else more motivated to look into it?

edit: josh = sanuzi
11 is late enough. Most people have something to do the next day anyways, seeing as it is the middle of the week. Not only that, but York -> home is a long trip for everyone, staying longer would make that even more of a *****. No need pushing it further and potentially getting jewed by buses that won't run anymore etc etc.

5-11 is alot of smash imo.

idea

Smash Master
fair enough. i forgot to mention the greater benefit of another hosting area: potentially more tvs in the same room. but again, i'm not willing to look into it, and i'm happy with how stuff is at the moment.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Bring back brazilian woman please&thanku.

And FYI, founders doesnt close at 11; classes end at 11, so the janitors lock up. C&B is open until 2am, and the lounge is open until 1am.

All it would take is permission from a high authority to leave 1/2 classes open. But someone would have make it an 'official club'. And the biggest roadblock the initial club had from making it official, was someone stepping up and taking owner ship of members that are from 'outside' York. So in the event of injury, damages or reckless behavior, they would take fault. If it were to be ONLY york students, an offical club, later times, more tvs and scheduled rooms would have already been granted.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I like it how it is right now, some people come at 5 pm and leave at 8 pm and we just go home and rest and do stuff :3

P.S. Sanuzi and friends working with GC controllers.. is it okay if I bring a GC controller with a wonky control stick and the A button bring kinda sticky? Do you need to do something with it?

Sanu

Smash Champion
I like it how it is right now, some people come at 5 pm and leave at 8 pm and we just go home and rest and do stuff :3

P.S. Sanuzi and friends working with GC controllers.. is it okay if I bring a GC controller with a wonky control stick and the A button bring kinda sticky? Do you need to do something with it?
Umm, I'm not giving out spare parts FYI <_<;. I'm not too sure if your control stick can be fixed either... depends on the problem.

Josh, bring your screwdriver please.
Sure thing, get Ryan to bring his DS + Pokemon! I forgot that you can't rename traded pokemons D;

idea

Smash Master
i'm glad, no one asked if it was still on this week =) generally not any reason why it wouldn't be. and the people who ask tend to be the people who go, thus deciding if it's on or not themselves.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Umm, I'm not giving out spare parts FYI <_<;. I'm not too sure if your control stick can be fixed either... depends on the problem.
I thought you wanted to use...I guess Europhoria wanted it for some reason but seeing as he doesn't come on and post anymore like he said. I have no clue what he wants it for and I'm not sure he he likes the condition it's in.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I forgot the screwdriver at home this morning.

I'm not going back home to get it either, sorry guys. I'm too lazy... and depressed and just sick of doing anything etc. Please call me the night before next time and I'll specifically get it. I don't usually read the boards after work and I apparently have a terrible memory when it comes to everything.

idea

Smash Master
around 6:30.

wow. there are 5 people in this tutorial besides me, and class was supposed to start 5 minutes ago (TA isn't here yet). and a thing is due today.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I have a friend there who's been puttering around the campus since 2:30 pm <_<.

If he shows up tell him I said hi and I'll be there soon lawl (his name is Jordan).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom