• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Yom-Bum!" The Yoshi Film Analysis Channel.

leffen

Smash Champion
I'm hella busy atm, lots of schoolwork to be done before I'm leaving for a tournament tomorrow (ajp is recording and I'm going all yoshi ofc =D).

Nice to see you're making progress and thanks for the kind words, I couldn't take a close look but try to tech chase less with fair (dsmash, grab, djcuair etc) and try to implement more dash grab once you see that they sit in their shield vs your nair/fair/bairs.

also try to space more bair, it ***** ;o (srsly ppl, I hate to repeat myself but Bair->dj instant waveland is REALLY GOOD, USE IT!).

I wouldn't worry too much about dtilt gimps, I really just like them much vs marth and a gimmicky one once in a while vs falco.

Try to work on your combos too, use more uairs ;p (esp for tech chasing on platform, with reaction you can pretty easily cover all of their options).

also, mix in going low with your recovery, almost everytime I saw you do a high-> down b which is much more risk filled than going low, esp at low percents!

That's all I have time for now.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Wow, simply wow. bair->dj instant waveland is godly WTF. My fav is bair -> land on top platform -> fsmash
Everything you said is extremely helpful, where can I read lots of random good info like this?
Can not wait for more leffen vids yesssss

edit: and yeah, I'm getting good at DJC bair into them -> jump away from them -> djc bair into them it's extremely effective

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^Thanks Leffen,

Fearless keep up the amazing work man, Hope to hear some amazing stuff from you, and hopefully, you get to the level you want to achieve...

*returns to roy boards* ^^;

Woooooooooot Yoshi's

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman

Hope you can give more analysis soon, l3ff3n

-fearless on gahtzu's

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Allrite I'm back and remotivated after 5 months... Can't wait to begin playing again.... sorry for being inconsistent with appearances, but i should be back for good now... I'll be here alot more often too, again sorry Yoshi boards ^^;

Anyway, nothin better then coming back with some new videos after a long break so here's some more classics...

vs Axe (Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L2Ju-RjLpo *Set 1*
vs Axe (Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQM3H7K8lNE *Set 2*

Enjoy everyone! ^^

Comment, critique etc if you wanna <3

Back for good hopefully ^^

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Nice sets! It looks like you came back even better, which is remarkable! I especially love the parries you do on Falco's D-air after he double lasers from the edge. Keep it up!

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed that my name has a section in the OP but has no videos underneath. Is there anything I can do to append that list, like find all my videos and post them/PM them?

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
I've got some friendlies of my own too share :))
Me vs EEF (fox) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR4mg7VriZg&feature=relmfu
Me vs DTF (Young Link, Falcon, jiggs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbV5wFaFtNc&feature=relmfu

I really like how they came out too. A big thanks to DTF :)) you da best.
(One year later ... )
Aww, thanks buddy!
We seriously need to play more often. <-- 100% my fault and I know it -_- Should hopefully be easier since I got accepted into NAU's graduate Physics program and will be attending there next year.

Also, if you want the OP updated ... you'll prob have to go straight to Vman via some form of communication that he actually responds to. Or, steal his thread from him. Or, convince a mod or admin that your cause is righteous enough (pretty sure those folks can edit other people's posts). Best Yoshi deserves some recognition, and also for his name to be spelled right.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
hey angel, haha, yeah I sent a message out to you like before the forums had this makeover, of which, vids you wanted on your page.... afterwards, I kinda just forgot >.>; but Im a gettin there...

How you been? ;p

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
We'll, I'd imagine I don't really have too many tourney sets. So would having any tournament sets on there be too unreasonable of a request?
I'm just swell. Keeping busy. Thanks for asking!
How's dat yoshi looking?

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Me vs. Falco
Heres a vid of my mm.Thoughts and Suggestions Appreciated. After reviewing, I definitely need to mix up my approaches, ledge edge faster if I'm going to do it. STOP Rolling every time he's near me. Go off stage if he's coming from below. Stop being directly under him and challenging with eggs and or up smashes SMH, DI lasers and Shield Drop through platforms instead of rolling into death. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ULeha1NIrs

Heres a some friendlies at the same place. Yoshi VS Fox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9NvEjE44Yc

more friendlies Yoshi Vs. Fox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeIA-pSkPRo

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Ok for real.. I'M GOING TO UPDATE THIS.. like starting tomorrow.. i freaking swear it...Im off work.. i will have someone.. glue my face to the CPU if they have to...

Good stuff kimimaru! <3

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
You have NO idea how SALTY I am, about so many things.... I had like sooo many things done with this thread that I wanted to do, I had everything added on my day off, many things updated etc... then what happens.. I fall asleep, so the next day, I go on to post/update... and smashboards goes down for like 2 months... >.>;

So many mixed feelings right now!...

For real Kimimaru, i'm watching them tomorrow morning.. I'll be off even!.. promise

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I know i am not vman nor do I play yoshi, but i watched your vids and your yoshi was looking pretty sexy. Some of your combo's against space animals were really nice. My only negative comment would be that you went for the down B a couple of times where to me it seemed really risky especially when fighting the jiggs since i figure he could punish it pretty easily with a rest

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I wouldn't do that against any great Jigglypuff players since they'll of course and punish it hard if I miss.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yoooooooooooooo, Kimimaru, that set vs Gkinfinity's Fox = <3 good stuff man! I also watched the set vs Falcon, again, good stuff... Curious, what kind of success have you had with Yoshi's Ftilt on the back of shields?

For the most part I like what im seeing, (besides SD's but haha we all do that right?) :p Saddened at the lack of shielddrops :( but seems you haven't NEEDED them vs these opponents yet, but will come in handy soon... Also, where the DJC on the back of shields? really try to use that, some amazing advantage on the back of shields man.. I promise ^^ Umm watchin more atm now too

Ok, on another note, in many of your matches, one of my favorites too,, but you love the reverse DJCNair... you didn't get punished much, but please be careful, moreso in the future.. (that tactic in general is good, but I saw much use of it at low %, and better players are just going to CC>Punish.. I suppose if you're just trying to build % then by all means, but I'd go for a higher stun move, whether it being Fair, or gain percents with Grabs and Dtilts... :)

There was a combo I loved vs the Fox.. I think it was like DJCuair>Utilt>Ftilt>Dsmash.. :p yep, something like that, was nice...

It pains me to see you miss so many wavelands. .>.>, (granted it was between stocks, so I guess it's not THAT important, but for me it's a morale destroyer, slightly).. like, losing your fluidity or something.. Idk, maybe i'm dumb.. :(

This situation hasn't come around too much, but Yoshi's crossup game is GOLD... like DJCNair, crossup and run behind their shield and do another DJCnair/Uair, you'd be surprised at the results.. :)

Some of the other MU's you did, like vs Zelda/Jiggs, I found it difficult to give my insight, because I didn't fully understand what was going on... only top level Puff i've fought is Hbox, and I wasn't able to relate to anything that GK was doing, I can say this though, on MANY of his approaches tho, Fsmash/Usmash would've done you wonders.. :)

Gonna watch more, and try to pat attention to more details, to see if there's any more insight i can give, along with watch others, i've neglected.... these 65+ hour weeks are absurd.. >.>

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Thanks! I was having trouble shield dropping that day, but I'm starting to practice it more frequently so I perform it well in tournaments. I'm against much better opponents in my previous set of videos so I suggest watching those if you haven't already (specifically vs. SFAT, Germ, and ycz6).

holywhack

Smash Apprentice
is this thread still open? I will post up a vid in a few days. ^_^ I'm going all in with yoshi!

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
I've been lurking competitive melee for while and learning random tech to use against friends. Finally started playing tourneys 3 months ago and got a few tournament games on stream. Could you guys give me some tips? Also how legit is the regrab @4:14 of the second game, obviously you can di away, but that turns into a tech chase situation. Computer won't nair out until 120% or so? Could anyone confirm this works otherwise? Do you think fox could shine?
http://youtu.be/1-c2BRpIbSY
http://youtu.be/qfP2cpJCHCs

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
I think I remember some discussion about dthrow chaingrabs being possible at some %'s, but the window being so tight and the DI being so specific I pretty much immediately dismissed it. Depending on %, upair, nair, fsmash and upthrow to dsmash are much more dependable follow ups.

I watched some of the marth match, you're pretty awesome for playing just 3 months. Imo you should focus most on your movement for now, get faster and explore all the different options to move fast on the stage. Try to abstain from doing the obvious rolls, floaty djc nairs and forcing dsmashes (have someone punch you anytime you do something like this if you have to, to get rid of bad habits :p)

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
hahaha for sure, I noticed that too like hitting down on the c stick too much. Its my favorite move besides upb. Thanks man.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I can tell this topic is a bit outdated and with the sake of this being the topic video I'm going to reactivate this cause i have some matches I'd like critique.
(This Set was 3 weeks ago)

Any advice would help. I seem to have a lot of issue's with Falcons, Sheiks and falcos.

Top Bottom