• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Beezy, I don't know how you can play PPL with Azen.

He is downright frightening at that game. I seen him at FC6 just in absolute **** mode.

In related news, I need to start practicing Mario Kart DS again. If we have an MK:DS meetup at P4, I will pee everywhere. Haven't done one of those in ages.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm actually afraid of what people can pull off in PPL. I remember I used to be good at it when I was little but I'm really bad now. It's really weird to me. Maybe I just don't think the same way anymore. =/

I need to get MK:DS before P4. I don't wanna be left out. Well, maybe if everyone snakes. That's not too fun. =,[

.Marik

is a social misfit
No, the only Mario Parties worth mentioning are the original N64 ones. 1,2, and 3.

If you think Mario Party 4,5,6,7, and 8 were good, you obviously haven't played the original ones to make a comparision.

Mario Party 4 and up are complete garbage. Mario Party 8 was a disgrace and I'm sorry I ever rented that game.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Snaking in MK:DS is like Metaknight in Brawl. Scrubs hate you when you use it against them, but good luck winning without it. =3

:005:
Pfft, I just prefer games without Snaking. The difference between a scrub and good player is even large without Snaking, using it is just overkill. Trust me, I play with my friends all the time.

Snaking should be banned, it over centralizes the metagame. :laugh:

No, the only Mario Parties worth mentioning are the original N64 ones. 1,2, and 3.

If you think Mario Party 4,5,6,7, and 8 were good, you obviously haven't played the original ones to make a comparision.

Mario Party 4 and up are complete garbage. Mario Party 8 was a disgrace and I'm sorry I ever rented that game.
Three was bad. It started going downhill after 2. Story mode in 3 is terrible, maps were pretty bad, and it had lackluster minigames.

Five had the fun capsule thing. In a 50 round game, my friends and I littered the ground with all the capsules. Leads to crazy things happening. I liked the minigames in this one as well as the maps, along with the battle tank thing.

^Extremely true. If you don't have a palm sized blister from rotating the joystick, you're doing it wrong lol
After I played it on Sunday, my palm was actually bruised. It kept hurting until Wednesday. ._,

Sharky

Smash Master
2 was the **** because it was the first one with the dueling glove. 4-5 were ok, but it went way downhill after that. 8 was...yeah...half the mini-games involved jerking off with the wii-mote somehow

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Reasons for being awesome:

1: The item blocks. Add, Subtract, Quick, Slow, Hidden, Warp. Too much fun. It also had grab bag. The best minigame. Ever. Love the maps here too.

2: I challenge you to a children's card game duel. I love ****** people for their stuff in duels.

5: Item madness and some decent minigames. Wasn't as good as the first two, but it was the only playable one after 2.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Three was bad. It started going downhill after 2. Story mode in 3 is terrible, maps were pretty bad, and it had lackluster minigames.
The Story Mode in Mario Party 3 was probably the best thing about the entire game. The Boards kicked ***, the music was amazing, detailed items, the Mini-Games were allright, while not being the best, they were certainly better than the ones featured in Mario Party 5, lol.

You're delusional if you honestly think Mario Party 3 was worse than 5.

Gee, opinions against opinions. Fun fun. :yoshi:

.Marik

is a social misfit
Wow, I'm legit. :yoshi:

I made myself a "SSBB Yoshi Player!! =)" button in Media Arts class, with a blue Yoshi in the centre.

Remember my blue Yoshi avatar? It's that exact same picture.

I'm going to rock this **** at Tournaments, you best believe this Canuck is 'reppin. :D

I also made like, 6 other ones. AltF4's avatar is one of them, as well as another ordinary SSBB Yoshi button, the Smash Bros logo, the Mushroom Kingdom logo, and an "Internet. Serious Business" one with the serious cat is serious in the middle.

I'm really hyper right now. :yoshi:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Wow, I'm legit. :yoshi:

I made myself a "SSBB Yoshi Player!! =)" button in Media Arts class, with a blue Yoshi in the centre.

Remember my blue Yoshi avatar? It's that exact same picture.

I'm going to rock this **** at Tournaments, you best believe this Canuck is 'reppin. :D

I also made like, 6 other ones. AltF4's avatar is one of them, as well as another ordinary SSBB Yoshi button, the Smash Bros logo, the Mushroom Kingdom logo, and an "Internet. Serious Business" one with the serious cat is serious in the middle.

I'm really hyper right now. :yoshi:
So much win in this post it actually hurt me.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yoshi with Poltergust? =0

I use Yoshi with Luigi's standard kart. =3

:005:
You're only half-right. I thought that you guys knew by now that Yoshi isn't my favorite character... :(

3 was the ****.

/Mario Party debate...
Agreed. You guys are all crazy for thinking otherwise. The boards (both normal and duel) were my favorite thing about the game.

It's only flaw is that it emphasized luck mini-games.

DEATH TO GAME GUY! :mad:

:069:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Agreed. You guys are all crazy for thinking otherwise. The boards (both normal and duel) were my favorite thing about the game.

It's only flaw is that it emphasized luck mini-games.

DEATH TO GAME GUY! :mad:

It's only flaw was that it was a bad Mario Party. While duel boards were cool, the normal boards were too big and had Over 9000 obstacles to get to the star. Last I played with my friends it took like, 12 turns to get the first star, and we all had massive amounts of money due to being chased back to the start or something.

1/2 >>>>>>>>>>> 3.

Remember guys, this is the internet, where my opinion is better than yours. =D

Metatitan

Smash Master
Polt, if you don't like yoshi as much as luigi then use ****ing luigi. He's a better character and the only reason for using yoshi is because you're a fan. Using him because "he's your best character" is just ****ing stupid, anyone can be your best if you work at them more.

That's what you get for not using yoshi in mario kart :D

bigman40

Smash Master
My, my....."Yoshi" fanboys, Mario Salt Party, random rants. Why don't you guys just use project64k and play each other in Mario Salt Party for bragging rights? Easiest way to do it. Also, if you like someone else, then ****ing play him already. No use not playing him when you're not completely gunning for the money (aka go top tiers).

~Mieu

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Polt, if you don't like yoshi as much as luigi then use ****ing luigi. He's a better character and the only reason for using yoshi is because you're a fan. Using him because "he's your best character" is just ****ing stupid, anyone can be your best if you work at them more.

That's what you get for not using yoshi in mario kart :D
Also, if you like someone else, then ****ing play him already. No use not playing him when you're not completely gunning for the money (aka go top tiers).

~Mieu
But... I do feel that Yoshi is my best character. I don't play as Luigi in this game because I just can't adjust myself to his playstyle all that well. It's hard to explain... you play a character and just "know" that you'll be maining him/her/it.

Trust me, I was disappointed when I found out that I play better with Yoshi, Sheik/Zelda, and even Diddy than I do with Luigi. I just play the characters I know I can do my best with, because I feel for their playstyle more than I do with Luigi. Picking my characters has nothing to do with fanboyism. If it did, I would be maining Luigi, and seconding Link and Sonic.

(Oh, and good job guessing the character, Metatitan. =D)

EDIT: Wow, what a colorful post.

Metatitan

Smash Master
So ****ing adjust to luigi if you like the character that much. Trust me, I didn't like peach OR pikachu at first, but when I actually tried to main them I fell in love with using them.

To actually "know" whether you can main someone or not, you use them for a week or two before dumping them. Why do you think burntsocks can't stick with a main? He uses someone new every week because he's still searching and the only character he's stuck with is yoshi, so until he actually finds someone he can use without tossing it aside, he'll forever be a yoshi main.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
My, my....."Yoshi" fanboys, Mario Salt Party, random rants. Why don't you guys just use project64k and play each other in Mario Salt Party for bragging rights? Easiest way to do it. Also, if you like someone else, then ****ing play him already. No use not playing him when you're not completely gunning for the money (aka go top tiers).

~Mieu
What's Mario Salt Party?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
But I did try maining him. For about a month. When the game came out, I was maining Luigi, while seconding Zelda (no Sheik) and Toon Link.

I... just couldn't play as him. I couldn't kill until high percentages, got grabbed way too many times, and got gimped quite a bit, too. I know that this was when the game first came out, but a few of these problems still persist today. Eventually, I got fed up with him and made Zelda my main for another month or so before I discovered Yoshi.

Let me set this straight: I HATED Yoshi because of how he played in the previous two games. I had no idea what I was missing in Brawl. Everything about him just felt "right" to me.

The same thing goes for Diddy. For about a year-and-a-half, I didn't even touch Diddy. I always found the Kongs to be too simple, so I did not want to play as them. Heck, Diddy was my Lonliest Character for quite a long time. Then I played as him (Properly, mind you. Whenever I played as him previously I refused to use bananas because I thought they would be too annoying to handle.) and I loved his playstyle, too.

So yeah, that's the short story of how I came to play the characters I do. I still play as Luigi in friendlies and such, but it is obvious that he is nowhere near the caliber of my Yoshi, Sheik/Zelda, and Diddy (and I've played as Diddy far less than I have Luigi).

SOVAman

Smash Hero
:yoshi: Beezy, I don't know how you can play PPL with Azen.

He is downright frightening at that game. I seen him at FC6 just in absolute **** mode.

In related news, I need to start practicing Mario Kart DS again. If we have an MK:DS meetup at P4, I will pee everywhere. Haven't done one of those in ages.
loooooool I was playing PPL with CK once for like an hour it is too fun

also i would love to wreck you guys in MK:DS and in Pokemon D/P/Pt

shiri i got mad homework tonight so i can't play any pokemon tonight i will catch you tomorrow

Depster

Smash Champion
Mario Party 3 was awesome. It was just so epic! And some of the minigames were just plain sick, in a good way.
Aces High should make a come back!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Delta, we all know that Mushroom Mix-Up is the best mini-game in MP1. Do not deny it. =P

I do like the music in MP1 the best, though. Especially the "Everybody Wins!" music. It's so cheerful. ^_^

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You know what, you're right. That game was also my favorite. It had quite a metagame to it. I knew all the ATs, like jump blocking and suicide bouncing to simple things like jumping off the mushroom before they were fully risen to get ahead start to the next mushroom.

Grab Bag and Mushroom Mix-up must make a return.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Ay yo Aces High I am happy for you and imma let you finish but grab bags is the best minigame OF ALL TIME

jk with this kanye **** but Aces High is not that good

Gindler

Smash Champion
Mushroom Mix-up was good. Running of the Bulb was Amazing too.

As far as mario party 3 I just loved Fowl play, but Aces High was easily the best mini-game in the series. (bullet bills were gay though)

Depster

Smash Champion
Fine then, how about Toadstool Titans? Or Chip Shot Challenge? Treadmill Grill? Mario's Puzzle Party? Ice Rink Risk? Snowball Summit? Locked Out? All Fired Up? Vine With Me? Then there are the duel boards, which are freakin awesome. MP3 was sick, man.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Actually, I think that that team mini-game in MP2 (forgot the name, but it involves you and your partner working together to get through an obstacle course) is the best mini-game in the Mario Party series. >.>

EDIT: Locked Out is my 2nd favorite mini-game. <3

EDIT2: I found out that mini-game. It's actually in MP4. It's called Dungeon Duos. =)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Fine then, how about Toadstool Titans? Or Chip Shot Challenge? Treadmill Grill? Mario's Puzzle Party? Ice Rink Risk? Snowball Summit? Locked Out? All Fired Up? Vine With Me? Then there are the duel boards, which are freakin awesome. MP3 was sick, man.
Toadstool Titans was fun.
Chip Shot challenge is just noooooooooooo.
Treadmill Grill was okay.
Puzzle Party was meh.
Ice Rink Risk was meh.
I don't remember Snowball Summit, couldn't be that good. XD
Locked Out was good, not gonna lie.
All Fired Up is that one minigame with fire....Yeah... Don't remember....
Vine With Me is boring. >_>''

Duel Boards are fun, but nobody likes to play me in them since I win all the minigames and stuff. So all of it is lost on me. The idea is fun though. =D

Dungeon Duo is legit.

Top Bottom