• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Ha ha! I knew this was too good to be true. I'm very surprised it's from a religious brother. That's okay, you can think whatsoever you'd like to think. Just remember one thing, "Good day to all".

PM me instead of spreading past silly drama. Um... this doesn't count about me typing here. You're all just imaging things.! :p

Okay Scatz, whenever you're ready, just me know. Good day to all~

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Ha ha! I knew this was too good to be true. I'm very surprised it's from a religious brother. That's okay, you can think whatsoever you'd like to think. Just remember one thing, "Good day to all".

PM me instead of spreading past silly drama. Um... this doesn't count about me typing here. You're all just imaging things.! :p

Okay Scatz, whenever you're ready, just me know. Good day to all~
ehhhh man, ya gotta brawl me!

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
ehhhh man, ya gotta brawl me!
You should've PM'd me... xD But of course, I have to respond so others wont be thinking when I respond. Seems there's an order. :O

We can brawl today, just PM me and we'll get on to it. Show me your Toon please. :p And I'll show you my Link. ;)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
For people who didn't watch the direct, Yoshi released.
Brawl dying and Winter the game will be out. We should all prolly move to the Yoshi boards for Smash 4 whenever they make em. Just letting you guys know since no posts since last week almost.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
This ****ing game has too many character I wanna play!

frog tongue or dino tongue?!
Aura-doge or Ninja frog?!

AND SOLO CHARIZARD

Greninja just
seriously through a wrench in all my plans on who I want to use. omg.

Also Yoshi's new posture is incredibly cute. <3 I like it more when he stand like people.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
So hyped for this game!!

Yoshi, Solo-Zard, Greninja(wow :o), Bowser, and DDD. So many options :D

I suppose I'll be hanging out in the new Yoshi boards too now that he's confirmed.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've certainly gone to go check the Smash 4 Yoshi boards more in a day then I do for the yoshi boards (forums > brawl characters > yoshi) in two weeks which usually amounts too 5 times maybe. I've checked Smash 4 Yoshi boards prolly 20 times in under 24 hours.

Yikarur

Smash Master
My last serious public post is way more than a year ago lol
I'm fine. Going to university and doing computer science. It's hard but it'll be worth it.

E: the last time I was active was September 2012 lol

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
I didn't really participate.
this new smashboards is so confusing to me D:
there is a like button !
I miss the old one ;_;

well time to adapt.

It's funny that brawl completely died. Looking forward to Smash 4 !

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yeah brawl is literally dead. Anyone who says otherwise that doesn't get top placings is deluding themselves of playing the same 150 or so people.
Also new crashboards is bloated. Like buttons, twitch streams, smash rankings, articles, le hashtagfreessbb :DDDDDDDDDDDDD
etc.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I know about as much as you do lol. Ever since the change I've just been posting in this thread, SA, and league thread. Barely navigate anymore and usually have to scroll past 10 other things just to get to the brawl part of the forum.

They removed groups, "who posted?" so can't go scouting out a certain persons posts, feel special for having a billion posts in one thread, added a ranking system that literally does nothing outside of basically making people feel special. Though nobody checks it outside of newcomers on the site in the past year.
Trophy points that's just E-penis increasing too, likes etc. I believe they're cutting down their mods too. No longer a mod for every single character board since 99% of them are dead.

What surprises me is that the BBR MBR etc. still exist on this bloated site. Outside of maybe MBR, the rest of them don't matter anymore. Yes including P:M too lol.

Sharky

Smash Master
it'll all come back soon enough once the place gets busy again for smash 4

it'll be different, for sure, but there will be life and (some) order again.

btw I'm without a doubt maining yoshi and greninja when the game comes out lol

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
it'll all come back soon enough once the place gets busy again for smash 4

it'll be different, for sure, but there will be life and (some) order again.

btw I'm without a doubt maining yoshi and greninja when the game comes out lol
Yoshi Greninja Power !
I want to main both but there is always the chance that you don't like the playstyle.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I generally just try to main the characters I like best and stick with the one I generally do the best with (so usually the higher tiered one lol) while keeping the others as secondaries.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Has anyone checked out the new pics recently released?

Couldn't help but notice this one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/13915892324/in/set-72157644096275264

I'm not an avid user of egg roll (or yoshi anymore for that matter :c ) but it looks like he's recovering from it at a quicker speed then brawl. Now, normally that wouldn't make this move worth using much at all, but I could have sworn it was even a bit quicker during nintendo direct where they introduced yoshi, and he came rolling around the screen with his side-b. By a healthy amount too.

Now, it'd still be easy to punish as an approach. It's too easy just to turn your back to yoshi and shield grab him on his way through, BUT if it recovers and gains momentum as quickly as they've been hinting this could be yoshi's new go to way to get across the stage a little quicker, in a similar fashion to how it's quicker for a pikachu to QAC across the stage after hitting the opponent off.

Just speculation, but yeh.
I'm pretty damn sure it was quicker in nintendo direct.

If they buff the hitbox on it as well, it could also be the new go to landing/airdodge punish in certain situation, seeing as how he lost his old long lingering dash attack. Btw. Feelings about the new dash attack? I like it. Visually I like it, but it looks like your standard unsafe "burst range" dash attack for the most part.

Oh.
Also not sure if this is gonna be useful at all, but this pic looks like a "BOB-OMB BLEW UP IN MY MOUTH" face.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/13892345511/in/set-72157644096275264

So. Possibly egg lay now eats items as well.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've checked em and since it's a Screenshot, not a video, not shore if it's actually anything.
If anything, I've pointed out him getting out faster from his egg in either the thread I made in the Smash 4 Yoshi boards or the Yoshi social. One of them.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ahh sorry. I don't check those too often. I try and post about anything neat I find I see in these threads mostly, sense I know you'd put em to better use then those who are just speculating and will more then likely give up on trying to play the game competitively within a year or so.

And yeh, i'm not CERTAIN certain, but call it a hunch. Unlike Yoshi's back, which is now, unhunched. :3

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Kazoo's 4 days.
Its a little disappointing though, how they havn't really made a new good Yoshi game. They're not bad, just mmm. Bland.

The musics pretty staight up bad though. Bahahah!

Last edited:

Depster

Smash Champion
MK8 is really fun! And Yoshi's troll face is sooooooo good!

I've been playing MK8, Melee, and Brawl lately, myself.

Depster on Wii U! Add meh =0

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
MK8 is gud, but too bad I don't have my own.
But the small amount of time I did play I won a random free MK8 tournament and got $100.
Well ****!
Congratz on the EZ money. I won a mario kart tourney but all I got was a 25$ gift card for walmart. pffft.

Iz mega fun though. If you ever get the spare cash, i'd say it's greatly worth buying it.
btw. I went from complaining about the koopalings inclusion, to actually playing one when I got the game. Larry koopa for top tier koopa.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I like Iggy and Lemmy, mostly from the old SMW show, but I liked the Iggy before the changes in NSMB to his hair, but I go full Yoshi anyways. Hell MKW I went Yoshi only even tho my other "mains" were Dry bones/Bowser.

O wait I still have that sig Scatz made fer me back in 08

>snoreboreds doesn't go to time
Okay, 4:01

Edit 500: o wait, they were called Hip and hop at the time.
lel :DDDDDDD

I liked Hip and Hop koopa : )

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive literally only been playing Morton outside of when I just go random stuff with friends or for fun online rooms.

Might play some other stuff to test stuff in higher ranked online rooms once I actually get my VR up, right now its only like 3.5k and Im more focused on actually increasing my VR moreso than experimenting since Ive found what imo are two of the best combos in the game.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ive literally only been playing Morton outside of when I just go random stuff with friends or for fun online rooms.

Might play some other stuff to test stuff in higher ranked online rooms once I actually get my VR up, right now its only like 3.5k and Im more focused on actually increasing my VR moreso than experimenting since Ive found what imo are two of the best combos in the game.
Mm. If you don't use an inside drift bike, I recommend learning "snake hopping / bunny hopping" if ya havn't yet. I, personally havn't, because I do use inside drift bikes, but it's a really good technique for solidifying your lead if you're left undisturbed in the front of the pack. Ya need every little bit you can get before the inevitable blue shell. Bahahaha!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I almost solely use inward drift because Morton/Jet Bike/Roller/MKTV (and its variations) is imo the best combo in the game for online racing. I do know how to Fire Hop regardless, Ive used it for Time Trials and I use it whenever Im OD'ing.

Top Bottom