• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

.Marik

is a social misfit
Except that they aren't...

That said, Yoshi's shield is only bad if someone doesn't hit it.

:069:
Except that they are. OoS options go under "defensive options."

Yoshi lacks OoS options. Therefore, he lacks defensive options. Since Brawl is a very defensive and campy orientated game, Yoshi sucks.

If someone doesn't hit it, why are you shielding in the first place?

Florida must really suck if you can cover Yoshi's abysmal weaknesses this easily.

Airborne

Smash Lord
You guys are idiots. A garbage shield somehow doesn't equate to garbage defensive options?

They're practically synonymous.
Oh, so Dhalsim has poor defensive qualities because he can't do sh*t when you get in on him?

As far as I know, defensive options are about NOT GETTING HIT. And that sprouts out into several branches:
-"Zoning: Finding the perfect distance to limit your opponent's options." -SRK Glossary
-Spacing: Self-Explanatory
-Blocking/Shielding/Dodging: Self-Explanatory

Those 3 main categories split into several little categories, but I won't go into that.
Now granted, having a laggy block is rather crippling, but since Smash has more dimensions to its maneuverability, it's not nearly as crippling as dealing with Bison's/Dictator's block pressure in Street Fighter when stuck in a corner or being Dhalsim getting knocked down by an aggressive or "rushdown" character.

In Smash, playing defensively depends on playing keep away, which is why Falco has one of the best camp games out of the whole cast. Wario's air camp game is one of his best qualities because of his ridiculous air acceleration, combined with one of the highest air speeds and his long lasting ability to stay in the air.

Now, how does Yoshi fare in this keep away game? If you were following the BBR Weekly Discussion thread for Yoshi, you will notice a few posts I have about how I believe Yoshi has the best maneuverability in the game, mainly because I was spittin' everything I know about the character in order for you all to rethink character MU's in a broader perspective. With this maneuverability, as well as the ability to zone with eggs, Yoshi has proven to be quite the fighter in terms of defensive capabilities. Derp.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Oh, so Dhalsim has poor defensive qualities because he can't do sh*t when you get in on him?

As far as I know, defensive options are about NOT GETTING HIT. And that sprouts out into several branches:
-"Zoning: Finding the perfect distance to limit your opponent's options." -SRK Glossary
-Spacing: Self-Explanatory
-Blocking/Shielding/Dodging: Self-Explanatory

Those 3 main categories split into several little categories, but I won't go into that.
Now granted, having a laggy block is rather crippling, but since Smash has more dimensions to its maneuverability, it's not nearly as crippling as dealing with Bison's/Dictator's block pressure in Street Fighter when stuck in a corner or being Dhalsim getting knocked down by an aggressive or "rushdown" character.

In Smash, playing defensively depends on playing keep away, which is why Falco has one of the best camp games out of the whole cast. Wario's air camp game is one of his best qualities because of his ridiculous air acceleration, combined with one of the highest air speeds and his long lasting ability to stay in the air.

Now, how does Yoshi fare in this keep away game? If you were following the BBR Weekly Discussion thread for Yoshi, you will notice a few posts I have about how I believe Yoshi has the best maneuverability in the game, mainly because I was spittin' everything I know about the character in order for you all to rethink character MU's in a broader perspective. With this maneuverability, as well as the ability to zone with eggs, Yoshi has proven to be quite the fighter in terms of defensive capabilities. Derp.
TL;DR

Stop lying to yourselves.

I win low tier money, I average 3rd or 4th place in most low tier tournaments here >:D
But your region sucks, with the exception of X.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Except that they are. OoS options go under "defensive options."

Yoshi lacks OoS options. Therefore, he lacks defensive options. Since Brawl is a very defensive and campy orientated game, Yoshi sucks.

If someone doesn't hit it, why are you shielding in the first place?

Florida must really suck if you can cover Yoshi's abysmal weaknesses this easily.
Shielding is ONE of Yoshi's defensive options. Airborne already explained what else he could do (by the way, ignoring his well-thought-out post is really ignorant, especially since it isn't even long). His other defensive options make up for his bad shield, for the most part.

Yoshi is sometimes forced into his shield due to pressure, but they don't necessarily have to hit his shield. Generally, characters that are good at pressuring are bad match-ups for Yoshi.

And seriously, don't insult Florida. At this point, it is neither warranted nor justified. In case you haven't noticed, they have a lot of top placing players at MLG. Florida doesn't, never did, and never will suck.

By the way, I'm living in Texas now.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Yoshi would be arround high tier if he were able to jump out of his shield. Nair OoS, DROoS, moving egg lay OoS, UPSMASH OoS! so good, I hate Sakurai =(
but not being able to jump out of shield is such a huge disadvantage that I agree of Yoshi being 1# of low tier.

.Marik

is a social misfit

And seriously, don't insult Florida. At this point, it is neither warranted nor justified. In case you haven't noticed, they have a lot of top placing players at MLG. Florida doesn't, never did, and never will suck.

By the way, I'm living in Texas now.

I was trolling. Yoshi still sucks.

Yoshi would be arround high tier if he were able to jump out of his shield. Nair OoS, DROoS, moving egg lay OoS, UPSMASH OoS! so good, I hate Sakurai =(
but not being able to jump out of shield is such a huge disadvantage that I agree of Yoshi being 1# of low tier.
Yoshi would sodomize the entire cast if he has OoS options. But not really.

We'd be able to do anything out of shield, bruh.

DR OoS->anything.

Already thought this **** out.
Beep.

D

Deleted member

They should let yoshi jump OOS in one of the hacks.
It would make him super fun.

Florida (and by florida i mean ESAM Nickriddle Chaz Seibrik Redhalberd Shaky Xaltis and poltergust) is garbz

Let the name searches begin =D

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
But your region sucks, with the exception of X.
Yes, but we're getting better. 4 of our top 5 are in Rajam's brawl ranking's top 5%. The other just got back from a trip so isn't up there due to a lack of current tournaments.He used to be there though.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
So I joined a couple Yoshi groups on smacom. I'll look through stuff they have over the next few days to see if they know anything we don't know/we know anything they don't know.

OverLade

Smash Hero
They should let yoshi jump OOS in one of the hacks.
It would make him super fun.

Florida (and by florida i mean ESAM Nickriddle Chaz Seibrik Redhalberd Shaky Xaltis and poltergust) is garbz

Let the name searches begin =D
**** Hrnut is so underrated that people dont even include him in namesearches. Sleepers gon sleep. And CO18 doesn't really play anymore but I'm sure he still namesearches as well :laugh:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Why include my name in that list? It's not like I need to name-search myself here...

In other news, I just submitted my application into the BBR.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I'll be the one to make it in the BBR.
After all, Im better than BPC in Super Theory Bros, so Im sure to get in.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
It just seems like the tier list is a popularity contest sometimes. Its like alot more theory craft then tourney results. Also anyone notice every BBR member rose the position of there main in there own tier list? Ololol character bias. I don't blame em though, i'd do the same crap.

Btw although I think yoshi deserved botton of midtier I like him top of low tier. We can **** low tier tourneys that way~! <3

Top Bottom